Good morning America. Wake up and smell the Trump pump

• 387 Replies

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Re: Good morning America. Wake up and smell the Trump pump
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2017, 05:02:34 AM »
Make America Godawful Again
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2017, 05:35:03 AM »
With Trump in first week, everything is same or worse in middle east. USA sent Syria 800 soldiers for supporting PKK / PYD that terrorist groups, although Turkey's objections. however Trump were saying before got presidency that he'll listen allies and protect their interests.

Also he were saying Russian policy is true, but now his decisions are Criticized by Russians.

He is still saying 6 billion dollars Wasted in vain in wrong middle east policies. Oppositely USA opening a new base in Syria.

He changed in a few day as unbelievable. Start to Transform an evil from an angel.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2017, 06:02:20 AM »
Start to Transform an evil from an angel.

He was never an angel.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2017, 07:25:03 AM »
Also sometimes a small environmental hit has to be taken for humanity to thrive. We must take responsibility for those hits and make sure they are worth the reward.
Sure, that's easy to say when it's someone else's environment that's taking the hit. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Woody

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »
With Trump in first week, everything is same or worse in middle east. USA sent Syria 800 soldiers for supporting PKK / PYD that terrorist groups, although Turkey's objections. however Trump were saying before got presidency that he'll listen allies and protect their interests.

Also he were saying Russian policy is true, but now his decisions are Criticized by Russians.

He is still saying 6 billion dollars Wasted in vain in wrong middle east policies. Oppositely USA opening a new base in Syria.

He changed in a few day as unbelievable. Start to Transform an evil from an angel.

I think I pointed out to you before he is not a fan of Muslims. 

He wanted to make ALL Muslims in the US register with the government.

He also wants to ban all people from certain countries from obtaining any type of visa to enter the US.  Can you guess what religion the majority of the people are in those countries?

This is stuff he has been saying since before he ran for President.

He supports torture and killing civilians related to enemy combatants as crutonius pointed out.

He lies constantly about stuff that is easily proven.  Even denying he said stuff that he said that was on video.

The man's actions show he can not be trusted.

What amazes me is people defend his actions by saying at least he is getting stuff done.  So has many other leaders.  Some not so good for the world and the the majority of the people living in their countries.

Trump was never an angel.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
So Trump says he is going to levy a 20% tariff on Mexican goods to pay for the wall. Fine idea!  The end result will be the price to the consumer going up so in the end, the America consumer is paying for a dumbass wall.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
Change is always scary.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »
All the departments The Donald ordered off of Twitter have set up resistance accounts https://twitter.com/StollmeyerEU/lists/twistance/members  Why doesn't he order himself off Twitter?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Woody

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »
All the departments The Donald ordered off of Twitter have set up resistance accounts https://twitter.com/StollmeyerEU/lists/twistance/members  Why doesn't he order himself off Twitter?

I wonder if Trump is the most divisive President the US has ever had.  Maybe Lincoln since a civil war was fought might beat him out.

I think the media is behaving differently towards him then other Presidents. I do not think the media has ever collectively fact checked and ran a story on a president based on that as much as him.

Hopefully it will carry over and get expanded to other politicians and government agencies.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

I wonder if Trump is the most divisive President the US has ever had.  Maybe Lincoln since a civil war was fought might beat him out.

I think the media is behaving differently towards him then other Presidents. I do not think the media has ever collectively fact checked and ran a story on a president based on that as much as him.

Hopefully it will carry over and get expanded to other politicians and government agencies.

The scrutiny is appropriate, because he is so blatant in his lies and has such contemptuous disregard for those that call him out on it.  The conclusions the media reaches based on these stories are sometimes problematic, but taking him to task is exactly what should be happening.  I see nothing extraordinary about their behaviour given the context.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »
I don't know if any other president has lied so blatantly so often. I think the media is trying to figure it out as they go along. They need to keep on with the fact checking, but I don't know if it does any good with his fans.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
From what I've heard, some fact checking organizations are kinda disappointed with Trump because so many of his lies require so little effort to debunk.  I guess that's what happens when you start to believe your own hype.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
I was just a wee lad when NAFTA was signed in to law, but doesn't a 20% tax on Mexican goods violate that?

As far as the media and fact checking, it won't do any good with his supports. However, it might do some good for those that went with the less of 2 evils, voted strictly party, or just wanted to see something different for a change. There are lots of people that voted Trump that didn't actually support him.  And hopefully the media is able to keep their bias in check as much as possible so they can actually get their message out without appearing to form a hit squad against him.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2017, 08:19:47 PM »
I was just a wee lad when NAFTA was signed in to law, but doesn't a 20% tax on Mexican goods violate that?

As far as the media and fact checking, it won't do any good with his supports. However, it might do some good for those that went with the less of 2 evils, voted strictly party, or just wanted to see something different for a change. There are lots of people that voted Trump that didn't actually support him.  And hopefully the media is able to keep their bias in check as much as possible so they can actually get their message out without appearing to form a hit squad against him.

Well...I actually had hope in neutrality yesterday, I even made a post about it speaking of CNN and NYT...However, today it all fell apart, it is like they realized their mistake lol. Sad shit reporting bias.

The thing about trump...It is easy to predict his lies as well as the motivation. He has an inferiority complex....

However, he doesn't hide his lies, I would rather stare down the barrel than have it behind me, might have a chance to dodge it. Most politicians are lying sacks of shit with no moral compass, they just hide it. If they get outed, either it is because of their carelessness or they pissed of someone that outed them.

Plus...Even though it goes in the narrative woody said..."At least he is getting things done" he is the most motivated president I have seen in my years so far.

Plus what is wrong with locking down our boarders for a brief time? We have no obligation to let people in...No different than a school being locked down under a threat. As long as we treat the people currently legal here with the same respect as a natural citizen, what is the issue?

As for the tariff on Mexico... I think there are better ways to get them to HELP pay for it (we should pay for a percentage as well) and I think there are better ways that building a giant wall. Maybe double fences in some areas, air support in others etc ( I have been reading boarder patrol reports) but I think this will happen that way, boarder patrol is supporting trump and said he is working with them 100 percent. So I think they will direct him to the correct needs.

However, even with a Mexican tariff..Yes it will raise prices for Mexican products, however, this isn't a bad thing. Higher prices will equal more room for American companies to compete, as well as give more opportunities to new businesses. The best businesses are formed from necessity.

Not to mention, will give incentive for companies to move labor back here, lose the 20 percent tariff and take advantage of the promised tax incentives.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

?

Woody

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »

Do you think any good he may do will out weigh other things he is doing?

So far he has demonstrated an extreme willingness to try to silence any view not agreeing with stuff he does, says or thinks.

I guess the good part is as I said hopefully like after Nixon it encourages and will lead to the media be more willing to call politicians out when they lie.

I am just curious since you keep bringing up bias do you really think the media is portraying him unfairly.  From what I have seen it is them pointing out when he lies and telling people things he have said or did. 

Maybe there is a lot of negative press because he is saying and doing those things.

I think the media can be biased, but they really do not need to make stuff up, omit facts or take stuff out of context to make him look bad.  Trump is doing it by himself.

I also suggest take a look at who around the world and the type of leaders that issue gag orders, call the press liars, lie blantly, seem to have an inferiority complex, call for protesters to be attacked and silenced or other behaviors and actions he takes.

These are actions you see in dictators.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »
I've hired and fired many dozens of folks.
Never cared what they did in the past.
"What can you do for me now?"

Also asked what is the square root of 81?

70% had no idea. 

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
Trump is going to get shit done.

Some people don't want that shit to be done.

Mark your calendar and vote in four years.

?

Woody

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »

Sure he may be able to get shit done.

So far what his is trying to do is censor people and organizations who say things he does not like hearing or for other people to hear.

If he accomplishes that what do you think the US will be like and how do you think politicians will behave?

Are you fine with him getting stuff done if it results in people being physically harmed if they disagree with his policy and protest?  He has said more than once people should be assaulted at his rallies.

Is it Ok to continually lie and release false information if he gets things done?

He is going to have a Presidency filled with people not agreeing with him.

Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%)
Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%)
Others: 7,804,213 (5.7%)

Almost 54% of voters did not want him to be President.  Clinton received the most votes than any other candidate in US history and lost the election.  Trump received the 12th least of Electoral College votes in his "landslide victory" in US history.

This means he can surely expect people to disagree with his policies and voice their objections during his term.  He is handling it so far by denying facts, calling people liars, relating them to NAZIs, suggesting protesters be assaulted and attempting to silence government organizations responsible for releasing information to the public.

I am a bit perplexed how people find that acceptable if they agree people should and be allowed to voice their opinion.  Even if Trump can get some things done.

One major thing thing he has done is order the construction of the wall.  Which is of questionable value.  Most illegal immigrants arrived to the US with some type of visa.  Much cheaper just to use his plan for Muslims and deny them the visas in the first place.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2017, 07:03:10 AM »

Voting is not the only participation one should take in the political process.  Voting is the bare minimum. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »
Obligatory: Hitler got shit done too.
[/Godwin's law]

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »
What I see is "America first" turning into "America all alone and everyone is now friends with Russia and China"
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:26 AM »

So far what his is trying to do is censor people and organizations who say things he does not like hearing or for other people to hear.

Yet you and everyone in the world have heard every word he says.
And every rebuttal. Kinda the opposite of censorship.

More like a style.

Tighten your seat belt, it's going to be a bumpy ride.   ;)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »

Obligatory: Hitler got shit done too.

Dammit.   >:(

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
Voting is not the only participation one should take in the political process.  Voting is the bare minimum.

Absolutely! Write your Congressperson and Senators. Make your voice heard.
If you're super pissed off, march in the streets! (don't loot.)

Politics is a participatory sport.

?

Woody

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

More like a style.

That is why I said trying and not that he successfully has done it.

Yes it will be bumpy.

I am curious if any other President had the entire senior staff resign from the State Department. These are the people used to working with what ever administration happens to be in power and just publicly go along with the new direction if any.  Tried looking it up if any senior officials not appointed by the President resigned en mass.  Could not find any.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »

More like a style.

Yes it will be bumpy.

I am curious if any other President had the entire senior staff resign from the State Department. These are the people used to working with what ever administration happens to be in power and just publicly go along with the new direction if any.  Tried looking it up if any senior officials not appointed by the President resigned en mass.  Could not find any.

I believe it is the normal procedure for senior staff to offer their resignation from the State Department, of course the new administration and president don't have to accept the resignations but can choose whom they are going to keep and whom they will replace.

Of course trump wants to replace them all. Draining the swamp.

What news outlet has made you believe that these people are resigning because of trump?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:29:58 AM by getrealzommb »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »

More like a style.

Yes it will be bumpy.

I believe it is the normal procedure for senior staff to offer their resignation from the State Department, of course the new administration and president don't have to accept the resignations but can choose whom they are going to keep and whom they will replace.

What news outlet has made you believe that these people are resigning because of trump?

Those particular staff members had careers that spanned the last 3 administrations I think.  We still don't have a clear idea as to if they were forced out by Trump or if they left in protest of Trump but no it's not normal.  In any administration there's the people that are serving their term and there's the career guys that actually do the work and know where everything is.  These guys were the latter.

As for draining the swamp, I don't think even Trump is still maintaining that pretext.  That one's a little hard to claim when he's surrounded himself with billionaire crooks.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »

They didn't really resign, like you said.  According to Reuters, the incoming and outgoing administrations collectively requested the resignation of all politically appointed officers.  I don't know if this is standard practice, but it certainly isn't a sign of mutiny.

?

Woody

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2017, 11:05:21 AM »

More like a style.

Yes it will be bumpy.

It is for staff that is politically appointed, but not the ones who have that resigned from the State Department this time.  These are the people that keep their jobs regardless of who is in office.

These people are hired by the State Department and not appointed by the President.

It could be they were asked to resign since they were not getting on board with the direction Trump wants to go in. As pointed out these people tend to just stay at their jobs regardless who is President.  I tried finding a time when the entire senior staff has resigned from a government organization when a president took office and could not find one.  This certainly suggest Trump was involved some how.  Either he told them to or they decided they could not work with his administration.

These or people who quit a very good job with excellent benefits and pay. It could be that these people just decided to resign for other reasons besides Trump.  Maybe all found better jobs somewhere at the same time.

As for draining the swamp I do not think it is effective trying to censor information being released to the public.  Denying things are true when all the evidence available suggest otherwise.

Seems draining the swamp will be basically placing a nice looking back drop in front of it to try and hide the swamp from public view.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Just because they kept their job through multiple administrations does not mean they were not political appointees.  What makes you say this was the case?