Good morning America. Wake up and smell the Trump pump

• 387 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Good morning America. Wake up and smell the Trump pump
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:04 AM »
If you want to talk about harping on something, I'm pretty sure the word "Benghazi" was said every single day, multiple times a day on Fox News for at least 3 solid years. You can't seriously say the liberal media is close to alt-left and deny that Fox News has a strong right bias. 

CNN is countered by Fox News, Breitbart is countered by something like ThinkProgress. MSNBC tends to be further left than CNN.

Now, with Megyn Kellys leaving Fox, their ring wing bias may just get worse. She was one of the few that would actually take Republicans to task for their actions, statements, votes, etc.

Between this post and or other recent one...I guess you don't actually read the entire posts anymore.

Perhaps take my advice for making better posts I left you on the other thread...I think it will help you.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
Please find a legitimate news agency that released the comparison photos and actually had them labeled as to the larger crowd.

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
Now, with Megyn Kellys leaving Fox, their ring wing bias may just get worse. She was one of the few that would actually take Republicans to task for their actions, statements, votes, etc.

In other news, Vince McMahon leads a real life that is actually shown day-to-day on live TV.

Plus, I believe in unicorns.

FTFY

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »
If you want to talk about harping on something, I'm pretty sure the word "Benghazi" was said every single day, multiple times a day on Fox News for at least 3 solid years. You can't seriously say the liberal media is close to alt-left and deny that Fox News has a strong right bias. 

CNN is countered by Fox News, Breitbart is countered by something like ThinkProgress. MSNBC tends to be further left than CNN.

Between this post and or other recent one...I guess you don't actually read the entire posts anymore.

Perhaps take my advice for making better posts I left you on the other thread...I think it will help you.
You said FN doesn't have a strong right bias, then went on to talk about left wing media harping on about something negative with Trump for much longer than FN.  You then went on to say the MSM is getting close to alt-left.  I gave you a counter argument that puts the strong right bias of FN into the same perspective as the left wing media in your example.

The only point I didn't touch was your last.
Quote from: Babyhighspeed
So no, we aren't getting the truth...Any corp that starts manipulating things like that cannot be trusted simple as that. It takes 5 ticks to switch to outright lies, which I have no doubt they are already doing and will continue to increase.
Let's be honest here, you go down that path and you'll automatically write off every single news agency and never actually trust a single thing you hear a politician say. To go that route is overkill and pointless.

Please find a legitimate news agency that released the comparison photos and actually had them labeled as to the larger crowd.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/rundown/comparison-president-trump-and-barack-obamas-inauguration-crowds
Done.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
The media needs to be held accountable for their actions and wrongs as well. They have more pull on people's actions a views than any one man rather he be the president or not.
They are held accountable. Supposed news sites like Breitbart are acknowledged by the public to be an unreliable news source, and suffer revenue because of it.
You're joking, right?  The National Enquirer and Weekly World News have long been acknowledged by the public to be unreliable news sources, but their revenue doesn't seem to suffer because of it.

Markjo, don't be retarted.
???  Me?  I'm not the one who thinks that revenue has anything to with reliability.

Your comparison is terrible.  It is like comparing the WWE to UFC.
I have a cousin who used to wrestle for the WWE and she assured me that it's 100% reliable.   8)

Also, if a news source is not a reliable source of news, do you think that would make people who want reliable news to read it more or less?
I think I see the source of your confusion.  You're assuming that people want reliably accurate news rather than news that reliably fits their agenda.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Woody

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
I have never noticed a "strong right" bias of fox...They are certainly Republican. I am just speaking about their reporting, not people like tucker Carlson...Though I must say he cracks me up.

However, just on their reporting...I have only seen hints of right wing in it. Just for example on trump...

If I can find a clip using google I will show you where a fox anchor refers to a document that came from the GOP.  It was telling them what buzz words to use relating to the "death tax" if I am recalling correctly.

You could see the other anchors get a uncomfortable as he read the list of words the Republicans wanted Fox to use when reporting on the subject.

The guy seemed not to realize it was something he probably should not do openly.  Which brings to question what kind of atmosphere is over at Fox.

Also just search,"Fox News admits bias".  YOu will get a varity of sources from people who used to work there, Murdoch either openly stating Fox news is not a news network and you might find some other interesting stuff.

Then do the same type search for other news networks.  The majority of what you will find is people not involved with a news agency complaining they are biased and distort to news in favor of a liberal agenda.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
Fox news definitely right bias.
CNN definitely left.bias.
Both are brainwashing you.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »

Exactly. That's why in these uncertain times the only place we should be getting our news from is the flat earth society.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

I watch both.
I see the difference.
I am more comfortable with one of them.

I'm not brainwashed.

If you don't listen to both sides, it's difficult to form a reasonable understanding of your own point of view.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2017, 04:43:22 AM »
Well 3 working days in and Trump is doing all the good and terrible shit he said he would. Nice job 'murica. 
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »

I watch both.
I see the difference.
I am more comfortable with one of them.

I'm not brainwashed.

If you don't listen to both sides, it's difficult to form a reasonable understanding of your own point of view.
That is what they want to think. That you are well informed and can make your own choices. But really you are getting screwed over everyday. They have you so brainwashed you think the world is a spinning space ball flying through space at 60,000 mph, yet you cannot feel it whatsoever.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
Well 3 working days in and Trump is doing all the good and terrible shit he said he would. Nice job 'murica.

Wonderful isn't it......  president Trump already showing that he will follow through on all the promises he made that got him elected. Spot On

He's going at it at an impressive rate too.  If he even gets 20% of his agenda done, he will have done more that any president in recent history. 

And look how confidence in Trump is already growing the economy, The dow hit the 20,000 milestone, FTSY100 is up by a huge margin, soon you will all see JOBS JOBS JOBS as people invest in America

Not long and america will be great again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:36:33 AM by getrealzommb »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »
Yep, we're going to build a wall.  And we're eventually going to get Mexico to reimburse us for a portion of it at an undetermined date for an undetermined amount in a transaction which is sealed from public view for security reasons!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »

Wonderful isn't it......  president Trump already showing that he will follow through on all the promises he made that got him elected. Spot On

He's going at it at an impressive rate too.  If he even gets 20% of his agenda done, he will have done more that any president in recent history. 

This is interesting...He does seem to be motivated to move which is certainly new in politics.

However, this damn wall, I don't get it..People will just run tunnels under it...They already have a monster tunnel system as it is. Boarder patrol are always concreting them shut while they dig a new one right next to it lol.

It's impressive to say the least...Kinda hard to battle our main construction builders here in the states ha ha. It is their expertise..

Reminds me of that family Guy episode when they were battling the Amish...They would rebuild the house before they could reload the gun lol

getrealzommb

« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »

This is interesting...He does seem to be motivated to move which is certainly new in politics.

However, this damn wall, I don't get it..People will just run tunnels under it...They already have a monster tunnel system as it is. Boarder patrol are always concreting them shut while they dig a new one right next to it lol.

It's impressive to say the least...Kinda hard to battle our main construction builders here in the states ha ha. It is their expertise..

Reminds me of that family Guy episode when they were battling the Amish...They would rebuild the house before they could reload the gun lol

You see though Trump has this covered... The wall will actually be a giant dam and once complete he will use weather modification to flood mexico.  ;D :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:51:10 AM by getrealzommb »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »

You see though Trump has this covered, the wall will actually be a giant dam and once complete he will use weather modification to flood mexico.  ;D :o

That... shit you got me.  That actually makes sense with a little modification. 

1.  Completely piss off the rest of the world.
2.  Get them to build a wall around us.
3.  Melt the polar ice caps.
4.  America is the only dry land left.
5.  Profit!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »

You see though Trump has this covered, the wall will actually be a giant dam and once complete he will use weather modification to flood mexico.  ;D :o

LMAO!!!! This is quotable material.

Suppose it could be a wall of Biblical proportions ;D Just needs a little help from HAARP and he has got it

I have also read more on it from what boarder officials are saying...They are actually very excited about it, said trump is listening and they are 100 percent involved with him. Apparently it will be a combination of walls, double (sometimes triple) fences, monitoring posts, and other actions. They can't talk about all of it of course. So maybe this will actually have more use than I thought. Boarder patrol of course will know best of what they need.

If he actually keeps "doing" things...He will be even more of a liberal pariah..

What is even a more social trigger to a liberal than someone not practicing political correctness?? Someone that actually does something with actions, not just empty words

*Edit*... Crutonius... What the hell ha ha ha!?

These are some of the two best comments I have seen here ha ha

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:30 PM »

Yes. Some of his promises expose the lazy thinking of the people who voted for him. He is ordering the EPA to remove all links to scientific sources on Climate Change. Fucking nitwit.

Source?

And look how confidence in Trump is already growing the economy, The dow hit the 20,000 milestone, FTSY100 is up by a huge margin, soon you will all see JOBS JOBS JOBS as people invest in America

The DOW also hit 20,000 before Trump took office and has also had frequent dips after his announcements relating to the economy. So looks pretty obvious that this is not related.

If you say so. So far I wouldn't trust you to even know what that means.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »

Suppose it could be a wall of Biblical proportions ;D Just needs a little help from HAARP and he has got it

I have also read more on it from what boarder officials are saying...They are actually very excited about it, said trump is listening and they are 100 percent involved with him. Apparently it will be a combination of walls, double (sometimes triple) fences, monitoring posts, and other actions. They can't talk about all of it of course. So maybe this will actually have more use than I thought. Boarder patrol of course will know best of what they need.

If he actually keeps "doing" things...He will be even more of a liberal pariah..

What is even a more social trigger to a liberal than someone not practicing political correctness?? Someone that actually does something with actions, not just empty words

I don't mind some of the stuff he is doing. Backing out of TPP is a good thing. Buuuut pipelines are fucking dumb, censoring the EPA is fucking dumb. Defunding Planned Parenthood and their ilk is dumb since they already don't fund abortions and now are crippling a resource that mostly doesn't do abortions but helps people be responsible. Now dangerous abortions will likely go up and/or become a bigger liability to the health system. Roe v Wade is not getting repealed anytime soon.

I'm interested to see the actual content of his tax reforms, but I expect them to favor the rich and fuck the small business owners and the middle to lower class.

I also expect my home to get a good ass-fucking when NAFTA gets renegotiated.

I sincerely hope it works out well for you guys and I sincerely hope that his workmanlike approach to the presidency catches on.

getrealzommb

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2017, 01:47:09 PM »

Yes. Some of his promises expose the lazy thinking of the people who voted for him. He is ordering the EPA to remove all links to scientific sources on Climate Change. Fucking nitwit.

You obviously don't believe that environmental regulations have introduced so much red tape that it is almost impossible to get things done. On top of that if you do manage to get a project through the EPA; you  have so many hoops to jump through you loose money. CHANGE IS NEEDED.

I'm in the UK but its the same here. Ask me about my time on a building project a few years ago as a site foreman, where 1 Great Crested Newt and 3 Bats cost 8 months of delay and around £40,000 of profit losses

Source? Nope just Opinion, However I can only recall many empty promises being delivered in the last 25 years.

The DOW also hit 20,000 before Trump took office and has also had frequent dips after his announcements relating to the economy. So looks pretty obvious that this is not related.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38742516

If you say so. So far I wouldn't trust you to even know what that means.

That means very different from how America is in 2016.

getrealzommb

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »

I don't mind some of the stuff he is doing. Backing out of TPP is a good thing. Buuuut pipelines are fucking dumb, censoring the EPA is fucking dumb. Defunding Planned Parenthood and their ilk is dumb since they already don't fund abortions and now are crippling a resource that mostly doesn't do abortions but helps people be responsible. Now dangerous abortions will likely go up and/or become a bigger liability to the health system. Roe v Wade is not getting repealed anytime soon.

I'm interested to see the actual content of his tax reforms, but I expect them to favor the rich and fuck the small business owners and the middle to lower class.

I also expect my home to get a good ass-fucking when NAFTA gets renegotiated.

I sincerely hope it works out well for you guys and I sincerely hope that his workmanlike approach to the presidency catches on.

Maybe, but whats dumber is allowing the Energy Transfer Partners, the company building the pipeline, that spent years working diligently with federal, state and local officials to route the pipeline safely and with the fewest possible disruptions, construct most of the pipeline at a cost of billions. only to have the project halted by some natives who have apparently changed their minds about its rout and the EPA for making any alterations to the rout difficult / impossible.

How would you like it if you invested in say... building your own dream house? you go through all the correct procedures and get the go ahead. You then start building and get to just the last few tiles to go on the roof and then someone complains that you have spoiled their view. You are ordered to cease work while a solution is found, but it could take years and perhaps 1000's more dollars.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:09:50 PM by getrealzommb »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2017, 02:48:21 PM »

Maybe, but whats dumber is allowing the Energy Transfer Partners, the company building the pipeline, that spent years working diligently with federal, state and local officials to route the pipeline safely and with the fewest possible disruptions, construct most of the pipeline at a cost of billions. only to have the project halted by some natives who have apparently changed their minds about its rout and the EPA for making any alterations to the rout difficult / impossible.

Change their minds?  When did they consent in the first place?

How would you like it if you invested in say... building your own dream house? you go through all the correct procedures and get the go ahead. You then start building and get to just the last few tiles to go on the roof and then someone complains that you have spoiled their view. You are ordered to cease work while a solution is found, but it could take years and perhaps 1000's more dollars.

Terrible analogy.  They were much further from completion than you are saying and there also were significant environmental impacts of rerouting the DAPL to 1/2 mile upstream from the reservation that were not considered.  It was this lack of consideration that sparked the protest.  If you think the profits of an oil company trump this concern, then that is your right, but I can only disagree.  The possibility of poisoning a communities water supply must be properly considered.

getrealzommb

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »

Change their minds?  When did they consent in the first place?

Terrible analogy.  They were much further from completion than you are saying and there also were significant environmental impacts of rerouting the DAPL to 1/2 mile upstream from the reservation that were not considered.  It was this lack of consideration that sparked the protest.  If you think the profits of an oil company trump this concern, then that is your right, but I can only disagree.  The possibility of poisoning a communities water supply must be properly considered.

Of course a water supply comes first, but the pipeline route was given the go ahead/all clear. If issues arise it is the responsibility of the EPA to assist is finding a viable solution and quickly. Also sometimes a small environmental hit has to be taken for humanity to thrive. We must take responsibility for those hits and make sure they are worth the reward.
http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/28/what-those-dakota-access-pipeline-protesters-dont-tell-you/

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »
I totally agree the EPA should have acted quicker. As for that snopes article you linked to, you know it basically says all the claims you have just made are unsubstantiated?

getrealzommb

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
I totally agree the EPA should have acted quicker. As for that snopes article you linked to, you know it basically says all the claims you have just made are unsubstantiated?

Indeed, but is it even credible?

"Kim LaCapria is a New York-based content manager and longtime snopes.com message board participant. Although she was investigated and found to be "probably false" by snopes.com in early 2002"

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »

Indeed, but is it even credible?

"Kim LaCapria is a New York-based content manager and longtime snopes.com message board participant. Although she was investigated and found to be "probably false" by snopes.com in early 2002"

Cool... So why did you even post that?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
I don't know...I just read new articles (multiples each one) from the new York times and CNN that both reported neutrally on trump and what he is doing... I am very shocked.

Not to mention, good or bad, Trump seems very motivated...So perhaps he will put his workaholic, A.D.D. Insomniac nature to good use. You don't build billions in wealth by being lazy...Even if you have a few million to start with.

I am rooting for him...If he does good for America and the right things, in return all we have to put up with is his egotism and vanity....I will take that trade off gladly. Easy breezy for the greater good.

After his speech the night he won... Despite all the non sense, I really do think he loves the country and wants to see it succeed. When he said "I love this country" at the end...I really think that was one of the most truthful things he said, there was something in his tone.

?

Woody

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2017, 09:21:29 PM »
Seems Trump does not like net neutrality.  His pick to head the FCC does not like it and also disagrees that companies gathering your information to sell should inform you they are doing it.

He is moving to block data from scientific studies being released publicly by the FDA. His office is reviewing the EPA website information on climate change. 

When asked if scientific information would be removed a spokesman for the Epa said the objective of the website review is to have an agency page that reflects the new administration's policies.

When asked if scientific data would be removed the reply was," "you can speculate that if you want but I didn't say that. I am only saying we are reviewing the website to make sure material on it reflects the new administration."

That statement bugs me.  The answer should be,"No".  Nothing more or nothing less. My guess the data will be removed or put in some obscure part of the website.

It is really looking like anything Trump does not like hearing or wants others to hear being censored is a priority.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2017, 11:25:19 PM »
He once called it Obamacare for the internet.  Not a joke. 

I'm reading up on this Ajit Pai, the new chairman of the FCC.  This is looking pretty bad.  Judging by his voting history he's a pawn of the telecommunications industries.  So we can look forward to 4 more years of everybody making shocked faces when we tell them how much we pay for broadband. 

Ideally, broadband should be treated like an essential utility, like electricity.  Not a reward for rent seeking billionaires.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2017, 12:12:21 AM »
Ahh never a dull day in the Trump Administration.

Item 1.  "they cheated me out of 5 million votes no matter what they say."

Item 2.  "Start up the secret prisons and legalize torture."  This video is from the primaries but his opinion hasn't changed. Actually I should reiterate a campaign promise he made several times.  "not only will I legalize ordering  our troops to murder the civilian families of enemy combatants.  I will require it.

Hold on, I think I need to repeat that last point: "not only will I legalize ordering  our troops to murder the civilian families of enemy combatants.  I will require it.

I'm at a loss as to how people seem to be willing to let this last line slide.  But here we are.  I guess America is gearing up to be the villains again.

They only possible saving grace in this is that there's enough Republicans that aren't so attached to power that they'll stand up to the president, career be damnded,and do the right thing.

We can't be the God Damn country that tortures people again.  We're supposed to be the good guys.