I was told about meteor impacts on Earth.

• 92 Replies
Re: I was told about meteor impacts on Earth.
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »
Meteors don't make craters; they burn up due to atmospheric friction. By definition.

Meteorites can make craters as they impact Earth (were large enough to not burn up completely).

Craters are abundant. And not fenced, so TS can just visit them and analyse them. No need to depend on 3rd parties; empirical science.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:01 PM »
It has to be thought out because as sure as all hell it isn't a space rocks coming in at thousands of mph and hitting a spinning Earth only to explode and leave a round indentation.

I am curious; what do you think causes impact craters?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 11:50:24 PM »
It has to be thought out because as sure as all hell it isn't a space rocks coming in at thousands of mph and hitting a spinning Earth only to explode and leave a round indentation.

Alts mainly. It depends really. Sometimes they can be caused by sock puppets alts alias the jesters and such like so forth blah blah sort of thing.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 03:01:22 AM »
Go and spin a cake at just 20 mph and throw a stone into it
The earth is not made of cake.  Or is that some new addition to your "model" that I have missed recently?

And the moon is not a giant cheese...
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2017, 03:05:17 AM »
Ok, here's the key to this meteor nonsense.
If a meteor made those craters then can anyone explain why they look like they were made as if some giant dropped a large pebble vertically to make a nice round indentation?

You see, meteors/comets/asteroids or whatever you want to call them, are supposedly coming from space at speeds of 10/20/30,000 mph, etc, right?
Yes yes, the atmosphere slows them down a little and breaks some up...I hear all this, but the main puzzlement is, why the round indentation?

The Earth spins at over 1000 mph as we are told and meteors come in at a trajectory that is not a plop vertically and more like a thrown stone, as we all regularly get shown.

So, if a meteor comes crashing through the atmosphere at an angle and also has to hit the Earth whilst the Earth is spinning (and bear in mind that it would not be part of any air to ground unison spin like we are told) then how in the hell can a crater as round as these be made?

Shouldn't they be like this?

Forget the film or the size, just look at the angle of ayttack and think of a spinning Earth adding to the meteor impact and subsequent forward motion of scooping into the Earth at the angle instead of the simple indentation.

Come on, seriously think about this.

Artillery shells hit targets at an acute angle and produce round craters... And pretty fast too!
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »

Alts mainly. It depends really. Sometimes they can be caused by sock puppets alts alias the jesters and such like so forth blah blah sort of thing.

Sock puppets? Seriously? Look I imagine you get bombarded by questions day in day out, but since you are on this website daily, I assumed you liked answering questions about your model.

No matter. Upon reading more of the denpressure threads you proliferate, I have found the answer.

Hydricicles, helicicles, etc. form on the dome, and they periodically fall off.

Would these falling chunks of frozen hydrogen be visible?

I ask this because as far as I know, nobody has ever filmed a chunk of ice falling straight down, perpendicular to the earth. Have you seen anything like this, on film or in person?

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2017, 01:06:57 PM »
Meteor last night over the American Midwest:

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2017, 07:19:03 PM »
Try watching this video simulation of meteor impacts. This shows angled impacts creating a circular crater.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The reason for the circular craters is that a meteor will impact at such high velocity that it will vaporise and create an explosion at point of impact. This gives a circular crater. You will get some ejecta in the direction of impact but this is almost always in a fine layer.
You guise will believe anything an official source tells you to believe. Lol, really a meteor hit here, but it just happened to vaporise. Give me a break.

Not all of them vaporize.  There are people that look for them actually.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:25:00 PM by Howie feldersnatch »

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
He really seems to be hung up on the 1000 mph thing.  His mind must be so scrambled as to not be able to comprehend the size of our round planet.  Also his cake spinning wouldn't work by lazily throwing a rock at it, more like shooting a gun at it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 04:04:56 AM »
He really seems to be hung up on the 1000 mph thing.  His mind must be so scrambled as to not be able to comprehend the size of our round planet.  Also his cake spinning wouldn't work by lazily throwing a rock at it, more like shooting a gun at it.
1000+ mph is mentioned because we are told the Earth spins at 1000+ mph at the equator on a globe.
If a meteor comes into Earth's atmosphere, as we are told, then no matter how fast it comes in, it is still going to hit a 1000 mph+ spinning globe.
Basically the ground will be spinning, with us on it, at over 1000 mph as the so called meteor comes in.
It's not going to be magically dragged around the so called globe by a spinning atmosphere, so therefore it's going to be like someone throwing a marble at a spinning cake.
If you're not happy with the cake bit with it implying flat and deep, then let's use a Christmas pudding spinning.

Now before some clever dick comes in and shouts " yeah but the cake would only be spinning one rotation like the Earth so the 1000 mph means nothing."
Let me explain to you, once again.
The MPH means exactly that. We are not talking about a massive so called globe on one rotation. We are talking about something coming in to hit it as it supposedly spins at over 1000 mph...meaning, it's moving at over 1000 mph regardless of it rotating once.

To put this into better context, it's like you are looking up at the sky and you see a big so called rocket coming down from fictional space heading right for you.
By the time the rocket hits the ground where you were...you have moved many many miles away from it.
As an instance, let's say it takes a minute to hit your original spot, then you would be approximately 16 miles from that original spot by the time it hits.

Not only that but depending on the angle and the hit into or against the supposed spin...this would determine what the crater would be.

Now, if the Earth were stationary and a falling so called rock came in and plonked right into the Earth...it would make a hell of a dent and would throw boulders all over the place but would not just leave a hole like we see.
It might make a hold with a lot of crumbled rock in it, in large pieces as well as small, because the stuff strewn about and back up would fall back into the hole.

But anyway, none of this really needs to be thought about as far as space goes, because it doesn't exist to us.
Anything that you see in the sky that is not man made, is a reflection of what's happening on Earth.
Any glowing, moving, lights, are friction glows from hydrocicles or heliocicles slowly falling through the upper atmosphere after falling from the dome due to natural dense grouping due to a passing energy of the sun creating a change in pressure and agitation, leading, over time, to icicle falls of these elements.

They can be predicted in some cases by mountain top telescopes seeing changes and build up. Telescopes that can see a lot more than any of us can.

If people like you want to believe Halley's comet keeps coming around every 70 odd years and it is the same so called comet, then go right ahead.
The same as, you can carry on believing space rocks are headed for us and some just missing us by X amount of thousands of miles and what not.
You can believe you're in danger of a falling space station or satellite if you wish, on top of the rock, iron and ice asteroids.
That's your prerogative but the only thin g to be wary of falling on to you are things that are on earth and also man made flying machines, etc.

Space does not exist so whatever is said to be in that space...is nonsense. It's fantasy.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 04:22:57 AM »
1000+ mph is mentioned because we are told the Earth spins at 1000+ mph at the equator on a globe.
If a meteor comes into Earth's atmosphere, as we are told, then no matter how fast it comes in, it is still going to hit a 1000 mph+ spinning globe.

Oh so smart Sceppy hasn't the slightest idea what he's talking about!
3. How big are most meteoroids? How fast do they travel?

The majority of visible meteors are caused by particles ranging in size from about that of a small pebble down to a grain of sand, and generally weigh less than 1-2 grams. Those of asteroid origin can be composed of dense stony or metallic material (the minority) while those of cometary origin (the majority) have low densities and are composed of a “fluffy” conglomerate of material, frequently called a “dustball.” The brilliant flash of light from a meteor is not caused so much by the meteoroid’s mass, but by its high level of kinetic energy as it collides with the atmosphere.

Meteors enter the atmosphere at speeds ranging from 11 km/sec (25,000 mph), to 72 km/sec (160,000 mph!). When the meteoroid collides with air molecules, its high level of kinetic energy rapidly ionizes and excites a long, thin column of atmospheric atoms along the meteoroid’s path, creating a flash of light visible from the ground below. This column, or meteor trail, is usually less than 1 meter in diameter, but will be tens of kilometers long.

The wide range in meteoroid speeds is caused partly by the fact that the Earth itself is traveling at about 30 km/sec (67,000 mph) as it revolves around the sun. On the evening side, or trailing edge of the Earth, meteoroids must catch up to the earth’s atmosphere to cause a meteor, and tend to be slow. On the morning side, or leading edge of the earth, meteoroids can collide head-on with the atmosphere and tend to be fast.

American Meteor Society, METEOR FAQS
And Sceppy, no matter how massive your IQ, you cannot work out that sort of information without some basic knowledge, which you obviously do not have!

Meteors are not crawling along at 1,000 mph, but up to 160,000 mph.

Not only is the velocity far higher than you might have imagined, but the height of most meteor trails is far higher than you imagined - at around 50 to 75 miles, far above most of the atmosphere.

Does that make a different to your spinning cake analogy?

Look, just face it - you cannot dream up information like this, it has to be obtained either from you own or someone else's measurement!

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 06:27:46 AM »
It is the speed of the meteor that causes the explosion when it hits to be so big.

It is the big explosion that pretty much cancels out the directional element of the impact to make a round crater. Not always true, as can be see on the moon.

The phrase "as we are told" needs to be replaced with "as people have worked out by repeated experiments and observations using appropriate methodology and analysis" as opposed to just making shit up. It accompanies that other stock phrase of the conspiraloon "it has been said", which needs to be written as "what some uneducated person made up a long time ago before we worked out stuff".
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:29:49 AM by onebigmonkey »
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »
Live in dreamworld for as long as you want.
As long as you don't fear meteors and all the other gunk of magic ingrained into your minds, then you have no problems believing the sheer silliness of it all.

An Earth facing moon rock (as we are told) full of craters  and Earth just wasn't a big enough target  to stop the so called meteors slamming into the little moon rocks that is apparently 4 times smaller than good old apparently, global Earth.

The so called universe must like to play curve rock, eh?
What an utter crock of crap.

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »
As long as you don't fear meteors and all the other gunk of magic ingrained into your minds, then you have no problems believing the sheer silliness of it all.

An Earth facing moon rock (as we are told) full of craters  and Earth just wasn't a big enough target  to stop the so called meteors slamming into the little moon rocks that is apparently 4 times smaller than good old apparently, global Earth.

Maybe it can be explained by the fact the Earth has an atmosphere which causes most of the asteroids to burn up before they reach the ground.  Have you ever seen a falling star? Even with that there is plenty of evidence all over the 'globe' to support that the earth has been hit by meteors and likely will be again at some point in it's future.
The world is a sphere, but I don't hold that against it.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:01 AM »
The Earth also has an active tectonic system, an atmosphere and a climate that helps remove the evidence if the impacts whereas the moon doesn't.

Impacts are regularly recorded on the moon. Craters exist on the moon. There are photos taken of before and after impacts.

Impacts cause craters. Even if they're made by imaginary ice falling off a dome at speed, they are still going to hit the ground and make a bang and a hole.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2017, 06:53:27 AM »

Maybe it can be explained by the fact the Earth has an atmosphere which causes most of the asteroids to burn up before they reach the ground.  Have you ever seen a falling star? Even with that there is plenty of evidence all over the 'globe' to support that the earth has been hit by meteors and likely will be again at some point in it's future.
There's zero chance of being hit by meteors, because they do not exist and neither does the space we are told about.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2017, 06:55:58 AM »
The Earth also has an active tectonic system, an atmosphere and a climate that helps remove the evidence if the impacts whereas the moon doesn't.

Impacts are regularly recorded on the moon. Craters exist on the moon. There are photos taken of before and after impacts.

Impacts cause craters. Even if they're made by imaginary ice falling off a dome at speed, they are still going to hit the ground and make a bang and a hole.
If you want to call falling ice meteors then fair enough, I'll give you that.
It makes much more sense for it to be that.
It certainly isn't rock and it certainly does not come in at thousands of mph.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
Whatever.

Get back to me with your own personal photos of the dome, the projection systems that put the moon and stars up there, and the ice. Let me know how the ice manages to melt sand.

Last time there was a meteor shower, which I saw with my own eyes, they came from the predicted direction and didn't come from directly overhead.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2017, 07:11:09 AM »
Whatever.

Get back to me with your own personal photos of the dome, the projection systems that put the moon and stars up there, and the ice. Let me know how the ice manages to melt sand.

Last time there was a meteor shower, which I saw with my own eyes, they came from the predicted direction and didn't come from directly overhead.
If they didn't come from overhead, did they come from a cave or something?
Maybe they were hiding in the back of a van and they all jumped out when it reached 60 mph and disintegrated, eh?

?

frenat

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2017, 07:24:24 AM »

Or the Earth just can't block much because of the distance

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
Basically the ground will be spinning, with us on it, at over 1000 mph as the so called meteor comes in.
It's not going to be magically dragged around the so called globe by a spinning atmosphere, so therefore it's going to be like someone throwing a marble at a spinning cake.
If you're not happy with the cake bit with it implying flat and deep, then let's use a Christmas pudding spinning.

Now before some clever dick comes in and shouts " yeah but the cake would only be spinning one rotation like the Earth so the 1000 mph means nothing."
Let me explain to you, once again.
The MPH means exactly that. We are not talking about a massive so called globe on one rotation. We are talking about something coming in to hit it as it supposedly spins at over 1000 mph...meaning, it's moving at over 1000 mph regardless of it rotating once.

To put this into better context, it's like you are looking up at the sky and you see a big so called rocket coming down from fictional space heading right for you.
By the time the rocket hits the ground where you were...you have moved many many miles away from it.
As an instance, let's say it takes a minute to hit your original spot, then you would be approximately 16 miles from that original spot by the time it hits.

Not only that but depending on the angle and the hit into or against the supposed spin...this would determine what the crater would be.

Now, if the Earth were stationary and a falling so called rock came in and plonked right into the Earth...it would make a hell of a dent and would throw boulders all over the place but would not just leave a hole like we see.
It might make a hold with a lot of crumbled rock in it, in large pieces as well as small, because the stuff strewn about and back up would fall back into the hole.

But anyway, none of this really needs to be thought about as far as space goes, because it doesn't exist to us.
Anything that you see in the sky that is not man made, is a reflection of what's happening on Earth.
Any glowing, moving, lights, are friction glows from hydrocicles or heliocicles slowly falling through the upper atmosphere after falling from the dome due to natural dense grouping due to a passing energy of the sun creating a change in pressure and agitation, leading, over time, to icicle falls of these elements.

They can be predicted in some cases by mountain top telescopes seeing changes and build up. Telescopes that can see a lot more than any of us can.

If people like you want to believe Halley's comet keeps coming around every 70 odd years and it is the same so called comet, then go right ahead.
The same as, you can carry on believing space rocks are headed for us and some just missing us by X amount of thousands of miles and what not.
You can believe you're in danger of a falling space station or satellite if you wish, on top of the rock, iron and ice asteroids.
That's your prerogative but the only thin g to be wary of falling on to you are things that are on earth and also man made flying machines, etc.

Space does not exist so whatever is said to be in that space...is nonsense. It's fantasy.

You took me off block? Good now you can go answer my balloon question in the other post. 

onebigmonkey

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »
Whatever.

Maybe they were hiding in the back of a van and they all jumped out when it reached 60 mph and disintegrated, eh?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »

You took me off block? Good now you can go answer my balloon question in the other post.
Put the relevant question back up in the topic you mention and I'll answer it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 08:41:54 AM »
Whatever.

You do realise the Earth is a whirlpool, don't you?
From the centre outwards it is a whirlpool.
Do you know what this means?
And no, it isn't something I've just thought up. I've mentioned all this before to those that take notice.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »
Whatever.

From the centre outwards it is a whirlpool.
Do you know what this means?
And no, it isn't something I've just thought up. I've mentioned all this before to those that take notice.

You do know it isn't a whirlpool right?

Doesn't matter when you mentioned it, doesn't stop it being shite.

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Say waaa?

And no, it isn't something I've just thought up.
Well, strictly speaking, it is something you thought up.  Probably after one of your weird cheese dreams.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:27 AM »
If the earth has a giant whirlpool above it, and you're not just making it up, then can you elaborate on this? Certainly nobody here has ever mentioned this other than you, so how do you know this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
If the earth has a giant whirlpool above it, and you're not just making it up, then can you elaborate on this? Certainly nobody here has ever mentioned this other than you, so how do you know this?
Think of the Earth being a massive sort of circular sink with a plug hole.
Now think of hot atmosphere being pushed up that plug hole but round the edges of it cold atmosphere is being pushed in.
The energy is working from within as a feed and supply due to the carbon arc sun.
This creates a sort of whirlpool or if you prefer, a tornado effect on a big scale.
At the centre this would be a killer to anything living but all living things are well outside of this zone and are placed around the outskirts.

This whirlpool spans out and becomes slower as it spans. Basically it becomes too weak  to do anything to us and we feel the effects at times as merely a breeze to high winds depending on certain changes  in energy balance.

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »
Now think of hot atmosphere being pushed up that plug hole but round the edges of it cold atmosphere is being pushed in.
The energy is working from within as a feed and supply due to the carbon arc sun.
This creates a sort of whirlpool or if you prefer, a tornado effect on a big scale.
At the centre this would be a killer to anything living but all living things are well outside of this zone and are placed around the outskirts.

This whirlpool spans out and becomes slower as it spans. Basically it becomes too weak  to do anything to us and we feel the effects at times as merely a breeze to high winds depending on certain changes  in energy balance.

Wait...are you saying this whirlpool earth is what causes wind?  Never mind that it doesn't explain why wind comes from all directions....now, you are attacking meteorologists. Everyone knows that they are always right.
The world is a sphere, but I don't hold that against it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »

Wait...are you saying this whirlpool earth is what causes wind?  Never mind that it doesn't explain why wind comes from all directions....now, you are attacking meteorologists. Everyone knows that they are always right.
Yes it's the prime cause of wind.
The wind differs in strength due to the reflection from that central core off the dome back onto the areas we all dwell on, which creates differentials of pressures.