I was told about meteor impacts on Earth.

• 92 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: I was told about meteor impacts on Earth.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:57 PM »
Well look at that video you posted.  What do you see?  That's right, an explosion more than collision.  What shape is an explosion?  Circular.

Again, is Google's search engine down in your part of the world?
You're just cheating yourselves to be fair. Carry on.

Dude, the answer is in a video in the same post as your question.  If you re-read what you wrote...
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »
Apart from the answers already given (ie that the combined mass & speed of the impact in most cases far outweigh the directional component in terms of producing the crater shape) there are many examples of elliptical craters on the moon that show that you can get meteor impacts producing non-circular craters.

The evidence for impact is also not just in the crater shape, it's in the deformation structures in, under and around it. Try looking for shock metamorphism. This stuff isn't just made up, these features have been demonstrated empirically in simulations for decades.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:49 PM »
Go and spin a cake at just 20 mph and throw a stone into it from 2 feet and see if you get a nice round crater.
Those craters are NOT meteor impact craters and any rational person should understand that.
Surely there's some global indoctrinates that are awake enough to understand this?
I understand that many dare not change their thought process due to weak minds but surely people want to find the truth or at the very least dispel the lies or misinformation/disinformation.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 12:38:07 AM »
..and the convoluted RE subterfuge continues! Impact craters not caused by meteors? Then what praytell are they caused by, scepti?

Please don't leave us dunderheads in suspense; we need your incredible acumen to see through the ruse!

I know of course that you're not just rejecting impact craters caused by meteors because it goes against everything you prattle on with. This definitely isn't another argument from incredulity and another and this definitely isn't going to turn into another 50+ page monster-thread where you constantly beg the question and droll out needless analogies and give lectures about indoctrination and/or the lack of 'free-thinking'. Definitely not. The scepti faithful among us just know this won't be one of those times.

So, let's have it scepti. What causes these craters? I'd assume you would agree that whatever causes them, there are significant energies involved, correct? I'm sure you'll tell us how icicles falling off the dome (for whatever reason) will provide sufficient energy to cause such craters.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
Ok, here's the key to this meteor nonsense.
If a meteor made those craters then can anyone explain why they look like they were made as if some giant dropped a large pebble vertically to make a nice round indentation?

The short answer seems to be that the crater is created by the explosion on impact, rather than the meteor making a hole.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/why-are-impact-craters-%E2%80%A8always-circular
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/38-our-solar-system/the-earth/impacts/47-why-are-craters-round-beginner
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-are-impact-craters-al/
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/explore/shaping_the_planets/impact_cratering.shtml
Sometimes you are allowed to think for yourself.

Thinking for yourself does not preclude learning from others. I make this as a general point to you, not just in relation to this thread.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 12:52:36 AM »
..and the convoluted RE subterfuge continues! Impact craters not caused by meteors? Then what praytell are they caused by, scepti?

Please don't leave us dunderheads in suspense; we need your incredible acumen to see through the ruse!

I know of course that you're not just rejecting impact craters caused by meteors because it goes against everything you prattle on with. This definitely isn't another argument from incredulity and another and this definitely isn't going to turn into another 50+ page monster-thread where you constantly beg the question and droll out needless analogies and give lectures about indoctrination and/or the lack of 'free-thinking'. Definitely not. The scepti faithful among us just know this won't be one of those times.

So, let's have it scepti. What causes these craters? I'd assume you would agree that whatever causes them, there are significant energies involved, correct? I'm sure you'll tell us how icicles falling off the dome (for whatever reason) will provide sufficient energy to cause such craters.
Before I need to get into what causes them I need to get into what DOESN'T create them and I think any rational person should be able to understand that an incoming meteor from outer space can simply drop vertical and make a round indentation, not to mention also having a supposed 1000 mph rotation to contend with.

Get your head out of the magic books and actually start thinking for yourself. Use your logical mind. Can you do this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 12:56:03 AM »
If a meteor made those craters then can anyone explain why they look like they were made as if some giant dropped a large pebble vertically to make a nice round indentation?

The short answer seems to be that the crater is created by the explosion on impact, rather than the meteor making a hole.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/38-our-solar-system/the-earth/impacts/47-why-are-craters-round-beginner
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/explore/shaping_the_planets/impact_cratering.shtml

Thinking for yourself does not preclude learning from others. I make this as a general point to you, not just in relation to this thread.
Learning from others is fine but there are things that beg questions and this is one such thing.

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »

Sure thinking is good but it has to be open to the evidence that is presented...OR.....you can just make stuff up to suit your own agenda.
Meteor strikes happen all the time, every day but most as so small they burn up in the atmosphere. Every few thousand years or so a larger one makes its way through the atmosphere and the crater shape left if any will depend on its angle of attack.

This one in South America is a classic case if you care to read. The native population made use of the meteoric iron, of which over 100tons has been recovered.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campo_del_Cielo

Some don't reach the ground but result in an air burst as recently happened in Russia.

Or there is the famous Tunguska event.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Evidence for impacts is also found in the geology with materials recovered that can only be produced during the very high pressures and temperatures produced by an impact.
 Many crystalline minerals can be transformed into higher-density phases by shock waves; for example, the common mineral quartz can be transformed into the higher-pressure forms coesite and stishovite. Many other shock-related changes take place within both impactor and target as the shock wave passes through, and some of these changes can be used as diagnostic tools to determine whether particular geological features were produced by impact cratering.

The problem as with everything on this website is the way in which blind belief is somehow portrayed as having an open mind. The evidence for meteor impacts is overwhelming, including, video footage, over 150 good clear impact sites, geological evidence and finally the remains of the meteors themselves.........what more do you want to be convinced?

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 01:13:09 AM »

Before I need to get into what causes them I need to get into what DOESN'T create them and I think any rational person should be able to understand that an incoming meteor from outer space can simply drop vertical and make a round indentation, not to mention also having a supposed 1000 mph rotation to contend with.

Get your head out of the magic books and actually start thinking for yourself. Use your logical mind. Can you do this?

If your mind were logical you would look at the presented evidence with an open mind and come to a rational conclusion. .......and meteors don't drop vertically out the sky.
For example how do you explain this

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 01:15:39 AM »

Sure, but I have no idea what the rotation of the earth has to do with this. What exactly is the meteor 'contending' with? If a meteor is on a collision course with the earth (or any planet for that matter), it will impact it no matter how fast it is rotating. Or are you perhaps trying to infer that the mighty-fast rotational speed of the earth (a whopping 0.00069rpm) should cause a distortion of the shape of the crater? If the latter, you are really going have to explain that one.

Lastly, why all this pretense about wanting to understand what causes them? I think you should just cut to the chase and tell us your thoughts because... well, frankly, that's the most entertaining part.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 01:33:58 AM »
Sure thinking is good but it has to be open to the evidence that is presented...OR.....you can just make stuff up to suit your own agenda.
Meteor strikes happen all the time, every day but most as so small they burn up in the atmosphere. Every few thousand years or so a larger one makes its way through the atmosphere and the crater shape left if any will depend on its angle of attack.

This one in South America is a classic case if you care to read. The native population made use of the meteoric iron, of which over 100tons has been recovered.

Some don't reach the ground but result in an air burst as recently happened in Russia.

Evidence for impacts is also found in the geology with materials recovered that can only be produced during the very high pressures and temperatures produced by an impact.
 Many crystalline minerals can be transformed into higher-density phases by shock waves; for example, the common mineral quartz can be transformed into the higher-pressure forms coesite and stishovite. Many other shock-related changes take place within both impactor and target as the shock wave passes through, and some of these changes can be used as diagnostic tools to determine whether particular geological features were produced by impact cratering.

The problem as with everything on this website is the way in which blind belief is somehow portrayed as having an open mind. The evidence for meteor impacts is overwhelming, including, video footage, over 150 good clear impact sites, geological evidence and finally the remains of the meteors themselves.........what more do you want to be convinced?
Let's just concentrate on those huge craters that I put up as pictures. One's like that.

Now instead of you spouting off about BLIND belief, just understand that those craters beg questions. They absolutely require questioning as to what they are and what caused them.

To do this we have to try and make sense of them and not just accept what is told about them by people who do not know but like to pretend they do.

I could think of a number of reasons as to why they were caused, from the feasible to the outlandish thoughts that many would never comprehend.

However, I want to deal with what we are told made them, which is space rock, or meteors, etc coming in at thousands of mph and impacting the Earth.

Now given that we are told the Earth is spinning at around 1000 mph, then the meteor could not come in like a dropped vertical stone and land to make a indentation in the ground like in those pictures, whether people say it was an explosion or not.

An angled impact, which it would have to be in all cases due to the supposed rotation alone, would skew any rock and force it to make a impact sloping like dragging a rock along soft ground and watching it go deeper as it goes forward.

However, we see  a round crater in all pictures, so we can absolutely rule out fictional space meteors.

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 01:52:44 AM »
Go and spin a cake at just 20 mph and throw a stone into it
The earth is not made of cake.  Or is that some new addition to your "model" that I have missed recently?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 01:58:14 AM »

Let's just concentrate on those huge craters that I put up as pictures. One's like that.

Now instead of you spouting off about BLIND belief, just understand that those craters beg questions. They absolutely require questioning as to what they are and what caused them.

To do this we have to try and make sense of them and not just accept what is told about them by people who do not know but like to pretend they do.

I could think of a number of reasons as to why they were caused, from the feasible to the outlandish thoughts that many would never comprehend.

However, I want to deal with what we are told made them, which is space rock, or meteors, etc coming in at thousands of mph and impacting the Earth.

Now given that we are told the Earth is spinning at around 1000 mph, then the meteor could not come in like a dropped vertical stone and land to make a indentation in the ground like in those pictures, whether people say it was an explosion or not.

An angled impact, which it would have to be in all cases due to the supposed rotation alone, would skew any rock and force it to make a impact sloping like dragging a rock along soft ground and watching it go deeper as it goes forward.

However, we see  a round crater in all pictures, so we can absolutely rule out fictional space meteors.

The problem is your lack of understanding of appreciating the speed of the meteor and that of the earth. Meteor velocities are in the order of 50 to 70 kilometres per second!
You can easily calculate the speed the ground is moving at...one rotation every 24 hours....Max circumference 40,000 km....and if you crunch the numbers the relative speeds are:
The earth      0.46 km/sec
Meteor.          60 km/ sec

I think you can see from the numbers that the speed of the rotation of the earth makes no difference to a large inbound lump of space rock or metal with a mass of hundreds of thousands of tons.

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 02:00:46 AM »

I thought we were talking about meteors so please explain the Russian video.......or are you just going to avoid it as it's too difficult for you to refute?

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »

Ah yes, because it's far easier to wildly speculate about photos than it is to refute videos like that above, correct?

Well, so far I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt that meteors caused them, nor can I think of any plausible reason why people would make up such things if they a) weren't true, b) having nothing to gain and c) happened thousands of years ago and thus have no affect on the here and now.

But hey, enthrall us!

Still not much seeing much reason to doubt anything we not only simply told about, but have seen.. but sure, ok!

Comprehend, or not entertain the idea because it's absolute made-up bullshit pulled from your backside with no evidence whatsoever?

Tough choice.

Ok, let's do it!

Now given that we are told the Earth is spinning at around 1000 mph, then the meteor could not come in like a dropped vertical stone and land to make a indentation in the ground like in those pictures, whether people say it was an explosion or not. An angled impact, which it would have to be in all cases due to the supposed rotation alone, would skew any rock and force it to make a impact sloping like dragging a rock along soft ground and watching it go deeper as it goes forward.

Ah yes, that hair-whipping 0.00069 rpm I mentioned earlier! Despite how many times this has been put into perspective, despite how many different ways this has been explained and by how many different people, it still doesn't stop you using the rotational speed of the earth as an argument from incredulity. 1600km/h might so impressive, but the Earth has a circumference of ~40,000km, which makes the former seem somewhat less impressive once put into perspective. The earth completes a full rotation once a day. That's not fast. Since you assert this would somehow cause creators caused by meteors to become distorted/non-circular, would you care to back this up from anything other than your incredulity?

Didn't think so.

That's quite the leap you've made there! From A to Z in a single logic, reason and evidence-free bound!

Edit: typo

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 02:24:05 AM »
The problem is your lack of understanding of appreciating the speed of the meteor and that of the earth. Meteor velocities are in the order of 50 to 70 kilometres per second!
You can easily calculate the speed the ground is moving at...one rotation every 24 hours....Max circumference 40,000 km....and if you crunch the numbers the relative speeds are:
The earth      0.46 km/sec
Meteor.          60 km/ sec

I think you can see from the numbers that the speed of the rotation of the earth makes no difference to a large inbound lump of space rock or metal with a mass of hundreds of thousands of tons.
Yep, you would be right when looking at the supposed velocities.
I just thought I'd remind you people that the Earth is told to us as spinning at over 1000 mph. This was just in case you people decided the meteors in the pictures just plopped down.

Calling all rational thinkers. Meteors from space do not exist and you should be under no illusions about that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 02:25:49 AM »

I thought we were talking about meteors so please explain the Russian video.......or are you just going to avoid it as it's too difficult for you to refute?
Don't waste any more of your time trying to swerve what's being said. If you want to talk about the Russian so called meteors then open up a topic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 02:27:02 AM »

Ah yes, because it's far easier to wildly speculate about photos than it is to refute videos like that above, correct?

Well, so far I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt that meteors caused them, nor can I think of any plausible reason why people would make up such things if they a) weren't true, b) having nothing to gain and c) happened thousands of years ago and thus have no affect on the here and now.

But hey, enthrall us!

Still not much seeing much reason to doubt anything we not only simply told about, but have seen.. but sure, ok!

Comprehend, or not entertain the idea because it's absolute made-up bullshit pulled from your backside with no evidence whatsoever?

Tough choice.

Ok, let's do it!

Now given that we are told the Earth is spinning at around 1000 mph, then the meteor could not come in like a dropped vertical stone and land to make a indentation in the ground like in those pictures, whether people say it was an explosion or not. An angled impact, which it would have to be in all cases due to the supposed rotation alone, would skew any rock and force it to make a impact sloping like dragging a rock along soft ground and watching it go deeper as it goes forward.

Ah yes, that hair-whipping 0.00069 rpm I mentioned earlier! Despite how many times this has been put into perspective, despite how many different ways this has been explained and by how many different people, it still doesn't stop you using the rotational speed of the earth as an argument from incredulity. 1600km/h might so impressive, but the Earth has a circumference of ~40,000km, which makes the former seem somewhat less impressive once put into perspective. The earth completes a full rotation once a day. That's not fast. Since you assert this would somehow cause creators caused by meteors to become distorted/non-circular, would you care to back this up from anything other than your incredulity?

Didn't think so.

That's quiet the leap you've made there! From A to Z in a single logic, reason and evidence-free bound!
Let's leave it to the rational people to view. That's all that really counts.
You can relax now.

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 02:31:28 AM »
Try watching this video simulation of meteor impacts. This shows angled impacts creating a circular crater.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The reason for the circular craters is that a meteor will impact at such high velocity that it will vaporise and create an explosion at point of impact. This gives a circular crater. You will get some ejecta in the direction of impact but this is almost always in a fine layer.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 03:54:36 AM »

But hey, enthrall us!

Tough choice.

Ok, let's do it!

Didn't think so.

That's quiet the leap you've made there! From A to Z in a single logic, reason and evidence-free bound!
Let's leave it to the rational people to view. That's all that really counts.
You can relax now.

No argument then. Got it.
Meteors are real.
/End thread.

?

frenat

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 05:21:40 AM »

You see, meteors/comets/asteroids or whatever you want to call them, are supposedly coming from space at speeds of 10/20/30,000 mph, etc, right?
Yes yes, the atmosphere slows them down a little and breaks some up...I hear all this, but the main puzzlement is, why the round indentation?

The Earth spins at over 1000 mph as we are told and meteors come in at a trajectory that is not a plop vertically and more like a thrown stone, as we all regularly get shown.

So, if a meteor comes crashing through the atmosphere at an angle and also has to hit the Earth whilst the Earth is spinning (and bear in mind that it would not be part of any air to ground unison spin like we are told) then how in the hell can a crater as round as these be made?

Shouldn't they be like this?

Forget the film or the size, just look at the angle of ayttack and think of a spinning Earth adding to the meteor impact and subsequent forward motion of scooping into the Earth at the angle instead of the simple indentation.

Come on, seriously think about this.
High speed and energy impacts are nearly always circular because in those conditions the ground acts more like a liquid due to the explosive release of energy.  Throw a rock into a pond at an angle.  Ever not get a circular ripple?  Or try throwing rocks into a pan of flour (try it outside) and see for yourself.

bolts

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 07:45:56 AM »
bolts is an ignored one. I should to update my signature.

I thank thee Intikam. I had but one mission and have achieved it in 10 posts. You are the king of trolls Inky

And an Alt? I literally made a bad joke with a 'conspiracy keanu' profile posting the single word 'whoa'. So yeah, I'm therefore illuminati, you got me!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:54:13 AM by bolts »
spooled.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2017, 09:11:49 AM »
Try watching this video simulation of meteor impacts. This shows angled impacts creating a circular crater.

The reason for the circular craters is that a meteor will impact at such high velocity that it will vaporise and create an explosion at point of impact. This gives a circular crater. You will get some ejecta in the direction of impact but this is almost always in a fine layer.
You guise will believe anything an official source tells you to believe. Lol, really a meteor hit here, but it just happened to vaporise. Give me a break.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2017, 09:24:40 AM »

You guise will believe anything an official source tells you to believe. Lol, really a meteor hit here, but it just happened to vaporise. Give me a break.

Vaporized?  Sort of.  Detonated might be a better word.  These craters are more than just holes in the ground.  They often have metals which are completely different than the surrounding area.

As far as the whole 'official source' thing, what in your opinion is a reasonable source to consider when determining what is real?  Is it strictly your own senses?  There's two problems with that; your perception has known flaws and your world now has a circumference of 3.1 miles.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
Go and spin a cake at just 20 mph and throw a stone into it from 2 feet and see if you get a nice round crater.
Is it the whole 'explosion' part that is confusing you?

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »

Those craters are NOT meteor impact craters and any rational person should understand that.

I did some calculating and wanted to correct this cake metaphor.

Assuming the cake is circular with a diameter of one foot, with a spin of 1 RPD (revolution per day, aka how fast the Earth spins), a point on the outer rim of the cake would be travelling at about .000025 mph.  So...only about 800,000 times slower than the proposed 20 mph in your scenario. 

Believe it or not a factor of 800,000 tends to make a difference...at 20 mph that cake would be doing about 560 RPM, about 800,000 RPD. 

Just for fun, let's scale this up to the Earth.  At 560 RPM the surface of the Earth at the equator would be moving east at upwards of 800 million miles per hour.  The sun would rise and set 10 times every second.  Of course the planet would have long since disintegrated itself under this scenario, making meteor impacts a moot point.

Point is, with the cake surface moving along at about 1.6 inches per hour, you are not going to see your rocks making long elliptical impact craters.

Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2017, 10:32:19 AM »

Assuming the cake is circular with a diameter of one foot, with a spin of 1 RPD (revolution per day, aka how fast the Earth spins), a point on the outer rim of the cake would be travelling at about .000025 mph.  So...only about 800,000 times slower than the proposed 20 mph in your scenario. 

Believe it or not a factor of 800,000 tends to make a difference...at 20 mph that cake would be doing about 560 RPM, about 800,000 RPD. 

Just for fun, let's scale this up to the Earth.  At 560 RPM the surface of the Earth at the equator would be moving east at upwards of 800 million miles per hour.  The sun would rise and set 10 times every second.  Of course the planet would have long since disintegrated itself under this scenario, making meteor impacts a moot point.

Point is, with the cake surface moving along at about 1.6 inches per hour, you are not going to see your rocks making long elliptical impact craters.
Instead of coming out with all that absolute gunk, let's look at what mainstream science tells us about a supposed globe.
They say it spins at over 1000 mph at the equator. They use mph for a reason, to bullshit us into believing we are spinning around the Earth at over 1000 mph.

This means that if an iron ball was simply dropped from the fictional space into Earth's atmosphere, it then comes in with the Earth crust spinning at 1000 mph as we are told.
This means that the crust is moving at 1000 mph as the iron ball comes at it.

This means that on impact or just before impact, even if the iron ball was dropped vertically straight down, it would hit the Earth going at 1000 mph.

It would be more believable if the meteor fell onto a stationary flat Earth from the dome as an ice drop as the dome was expanding many many years ago.

It has to be thought out because as sure as all hell it isn't a space rocks coming in at thousands of mph and hitting a spinning Earth only to explode and leave a round indentation.

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »

You do realise that a solid object travelling at 70km/s has more than enough energy to vaporise itself upon impact. You even have a video showing that exact thing with frames showing the vaporising event.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »

Instead of coming out with all that absolute gunk, let's look at what mainstream science tells us about a supposed globe.
They say it spins at over 1000 mph at the equator. They use mph for a reason, to bullshit us into believing we are spinning around the Earth at over 1000 mph.

This means that if an iron ball was simply dropped from the fictional space into Earth's atmosphere, it then comes in with the Earth crust spinning at 1000 mph as we are told.
This means that the crust is moving at 1000 mph as the iron ball comes at it.

This means that on impact or just before impact, even if the iron ball was dropped vertically straight down, it would hit the Earth going at 1000 mph.

It would be more believable if the meteor fell onto a stationary flat Earth from the dome as an ice drop as the dome was expanding many many years ago.

It has to be thought out because as sure as all hell it isn't a space rocks coming in at thousands of mph and hitting a spinning Earth only to explode and leave a round indentation.

As is your want you ignore the evidence in favour of the scrambled thought and ill formed ideas you have in you head.
There is evidence for meteors, eye witness, huge numbers of videos.
There are numerous craters made where they impacted.
There is the geological evidence that proves an impact took place
Then finally there are the thousands of meteorites that are on display in the worlds museums.

On the other hand all you have to counter this is

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
So, sceptimatic, what's your alternative explanation for impact craters? For meteorites being found on earth?

Also, have some sources, like this:
The offshore seismic data indicate that the Chicxulub crater has a multi-ring basin morphology, similar to large impact structures observed on other planets, such as Venus.
From http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v390/n6659/full/390472a0.html

And more here:
http://wvaughan.org/notes/Radial%20thickness%20variation%20in%20impact%20crater%20ejecta.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kevin_Housen/publication/223266709_Some_recent_advances_in_the_scaling_of_impact_and_explosion_cratering/links/55db090108aec156b9aea6ee.pdf
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1977iecp.symp..343P
http://we.vub.ac.be/~dglg/Web/Claeys/pdf/Alvarez-etal-95.pdf
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1977iecp.symp..247D

Not only are we certain that these impact craters are the result of meteor impacts, we can even compare those on earth with those on other planetary bodies. It's even a method of dating the surface of planetary bodies. Counting craters. Finding ejected material in the vicinity, finding shocked quartz grains which can only occur from massive impacts, not to mention a buttload of other features that we can't explain in any other way.

Oh and here's the kicker: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Luis_Marin9/publication/235231198_Chicxulub_Multiring_Impact_Basin_Size_and_Other_Characteristics_Derived_from_Gravity_Analysis/links/00b49521fbcbc3e29d000000.pdf

"Chicxulub multiring impact basin size and other characteristics derived from gravity analysis"
I bet you're gonna love reading that.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.