Flat Earth Map & Theory

• 24 Replies
Flat Earth Map & Theory
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:19:33 PM »
Quite an amazing video, thought I would share.  If what he's saying about South America is true then this would be a considerable breakthrough. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Flat Earth Map & Theory
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:46:37 AM »
Quite an amazing video, thought I would share.  If what he's saying about South America is true then this would be a considerable breakthrough. 

He simply states rhst the Tropic of Cancer, the Equator and the  Tropic of Capricorn do not have the same centre, with no stated reason or evidence.
He has the equator going through Australia, it most certainly does not!

The locations of the Tropics are quite well defined. They are the Northern (Cancer) and Southern (Capricorn) extremes of the sun's apparent North-South movement. The Equator is half way between - all the way around the earth, you can't change those!

He just states that the sun is propelled by magnetic forces, evidence.

As the sun arrives it brings moisture, says who?

I'm sorry, to me it's so much stuff dragged out of his head with no justification.

If you want anyone to consider it seriously , I tonk you will have to wite town the main points and justify them.

I simply cannot understand how many flat earthers refuse to accept well documented information about, say the dimensions of the earth, the swallow this sort of stuff with no evidence at all.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »

He simply states rhst the Tropic of Cancer, the Equator and the  Tropic of Capricorn do not have the same centre, with no stated reason or evidence.
He has the equator going through Australia, it most certainly does not!

The locations of the Tropics are quite well defined. They are the Northern (Cancer) and Southern (Capricorn) extremes of the sun's apparent North-South movement. The Equator is half way between - all the way around the earth, you can't change those!

He just states that the sun is propelled by magnetic forces, evidence.

As the sun arrives it brings moisture, says who?

I'm sorry, to me it's so much stuff dragged out of his head with no justification.

If you want anyone to consider it seriously , I tonk you will have to wite town the main points and justify them.

I simply cannot understand how many flat earthers refuse to accept well documented information about, say the dimensions of the earth, the swallow this sort of stuff with no evidence at all.

I think he does a pretty good job of justifying most of what he says.  Also you did not make a comment about the position of south america, which he gives us a very specific reason for its placement.

Everyone here knows the 'well documented'  information has to be false as it pertains to a globe so I don't know why you try to pretend otherwise.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
It doesn't matter where he places South America, because he places Australia on the equator!!

This guy has nothing to stand on, just like every flat earth map.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:35:26 AM »
It doesn't matter where he places South America, because he places Australia on the equator!!

So?  It makes sense....There was another video made that claims the same thing.  Of course the video is gone but good thing I took notes for your reference as to why this may be true.  See:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67749.msg1812283#msg1812283

Another video I posted that has gone missing:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67362.msg1838676#msg1838676

I'm sure this video is next.  Don't worry I save all the good ones.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 09:52:01 AM »
So a few nut jobs claim Australia is on the equator, but you can't find their videos? THEY MUST BE RIGHT!!

But when literally every map made in the last few centuries places Australia south of the equator.

THEY ARE ALL PAID SHILLS TRYING TO DECEIVE!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 10:03:23 AM »
So a few nut jobs claim Australia is on the equator, but you can't find their videos? THEY MUST BE RIGHT!!

But when literally every map made in the last few centuries places Australia south of the equator.

First of all Australia, is close to the equator in his video, maybe it touches the northern tip.

Second, the globe is just a model, nothing more.  It provides very little practical use (if any), therefore it can be created/manipulated by the few to deceive the many.

BTW, I heard you were creating a new show, and will discuss the flat earth.  Would you mind yelling "THEY ARE ALL PAID SHILLS TRYING TO DECEIVE!!!" into the camera for me?  Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
Bill Nye has already discussed Flat Earth Theory on his youtube channel.

Using the globe model is essential if you are trying to navigate at sea.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »
This crayon map is a sloppy and careless version of the Polar Azimuthal Equidistant projection (the Gleason map, the UN flag map).  It's careless because, as pointed out, it puts Australia on the equator and probably some other mistakes.  There's no particular theory here because by no measurement could Australia possibly be on the equator.  The PAE projection is popular with FEers because it spreads Antarctica all around the rim, making the "ice wall" look plausible to those who don't know any more about Antarctica.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 12:50:41 AM »

First of all Australia, is close to the equator in his video, maybe it touches the northern tip.

I'll answer your post it two parts!
:o Please engage brain before sending posts!  :o
Have you ever heard those map thingies that tell you where countries are?

Have a look at these images:

Lat, Long at Tip of Cape York, old Datum!
I took the photo

1,182 km from Cape York to Equator
I live in Australia and I've been to Cape York, (back in 2003) and
unless some flat earth idiot like you video maker has moved it, Cape York is 1,182 km south of the equator.

Before writing your rubbish about "maybe it touches the northern tip" you could have checked it out yourself.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00:45 AM »

Second, the globe is just a model, nothing more.  It provides very little practical use (if any), therefore it can be created/manipulated by the few to deceive the many.

Yes, I guess the Globe is a model, but much more than that.
It's an almost perfect (within construction tolerances) scale version the full-sized earth.

If you disagree with that, please show us some other shaped scale version the full-sized earth
that more accurately represents the locations and distances on the real earth.
The AEP map does not do that. The Bipolar Map does not do that The DET Map is better, but still does not do that - any more suggestions?

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 01:06:39 AM »

BTW, I heard you were creating a new show, and will discuss the flat earth.  Would you mind yelling "THEY ARE ALL PAID SHILLS TRYING TO DECEIVE!!!" into the camera for me?  Thanks.

I would love to watch you navigate the worlds oceans using your flat earth map....

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:20 AM »

I would love to watch you navigate the worlds oceans using your flat earth map....

geckothegeek has as his signature!
Stick close to your P.C's and never go to sea
And You All may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Yes, Never, Never, Never go to sea
Just look out your windows,
Flat ! Flat ! Flat !
Is all that you shall see !

Good advice if they are using Flat Earth maps.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 04:05:17 AM »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

I could be wrong, but I suspect on this site he goes by the name Googleotomy

“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

I could be wrong, but I suspect on this site he goes by the name Googleotomy
But, I must admit that G&S's scan better!
Now, landsmen all, whoever you may be
If you want to rise to the top of the tree
If your soul isn't fettered to an office stool
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Be careful to be guided by this golden rule
Stick close to your desks and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of the Queen's Navy
Stick close to your desks and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of the Queen's Navy
From HMS Pinafore, by Gilbert and Sullivan.

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »

I'll answer your post it two parts!
:o Please engage brain before sending posts!  :o
Have you ever heard those map thingies that tell you where countries are?

Have a look at these images:

Lat, Long at Tip of Cape York, old Datum!
I took the photo

1,182 km from Cape York to Equator
I live in Australia and I've been to Cape York, (back in 2003) and
unless some flat earth idiot like you video maker has moved it, Cape York is 1,182 km south of the equator.

Before writing your rubbish about "maybe it touches the northern tip" you could have checked it out yourself.

I thought you were capable of at least being able to read.  I was wrong.

I will spell it out for you again.

From the 'lost video' comments in reply #4 of this thread:

1) He uses nautical miles, and Gleason map instead of miles to begin measurements for FE
2) North pole is 0 degrees, south is 180
3) Using measurements from 1 & 2 hes able to predict the speed of the sun, and match up distances perfectly on land from Google Earth (which uses English miles)
4) Using measurements from 1 & 2, Topic of cancer circumference comes out to 25k miles which Globe Earth says is the circumference of the equator
5) He makes an observation that from google earth viewing top down (north pole), only the tropic of cancer is visible at the edge, instead of the equator
6) He makes an observation that the speed of the sun at the tropic of cancer is 1040 mph which of course is suppose to be the speed of the earths rotation at the equator
7) Using 4 & 5 He makes an observation that the entire southern hemisphere of the Globe is possibly folded under the tropic of cancer, and thus distorted.

So the OP video, also verifies much of the above information using quite a few methods, and shows Australia to touch the tip of the equator on his flat map.

Do you understand what the above means?  It means the globe model is wrong. The tropic of cancer is where the equator should be and the tropic of capricorn is not far outside of that.  This would make sense on a flat earth, it also means the flat earth maps like gleason, ae, or un maps do not have to be as skewed as all you shills on this forum make it out to be.  You cannot project a your imaginary globe onto a flat surface.   The globe never existed.  In fact did you know these tropic lines do not physically exist either?

I know this is difficult for you, but try to actually read what is being said first and then respond.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 06:30:29 PM »
This crayon map is a sloppy and careless version of the Polar Azimuthal Equidistant projection (the Gleason map, the UN flag map).  It's careless because, as pointed out, it puts Australia on the equator and probably some other mistakes.  There's no particular theory here because by no measurement could Australia possibly be on the equator.  The PAE projection is popular with FEers because it spreads Antarctica all around the rim, making the "ice wall" look plausible to those who don't know any more about Antarctica.

Paging another non reader...  See above

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »

Believe it or not flat maps are used all the time to navigate.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

Good advice if they are using Flat Earth maps.

Sounds like someone has a case of the red ass...

?

Woody

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »

The old flat maps are used argument, ignoring those flat maps are projections.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »

Please read what is written, and comment on that, not on the most misleading thing you can think of!

Lonegranger said he'd "love to watch you navigate the world's oceans using your flat earth map"

See it now?

Yes, "flat maps are used all the time to navigate" but Flat Earth Maps are NOT used to navigate simply because they are incorrect.

You sound like a twin of jroa, spouting the same old inane story.

Just get the message no Flat Earth Map we have yet been shown has the correct continental shapes, dimension and distances.

That information, though in less accurate form than now, has been available for centuries, yet you choose to ignore it. WHY?

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »

Please read what is written, and comment on that, not on the most misleading thing you can think of!

Lonegranger said he'd "love to watch you navigate the world's oceans using your flat earth map"

See it now?

Yes, "flat maps are used all the time to navigate" but Flat Earth Maps are NOT used to navigate simply because they are incorrect.

You sound like a twin of jroa, spouting the same old inane story.

Just get the message no Flat Earth Map we have yet been shown has the correct continental shapes, dimension and distances.

That information, though in less accurate form than now, has been available for centuries, yet you choose to ignore it. WHY?

Sure, buy me a ship and Id be happy too

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »

I don't think so. With your appalling ignorance on mapping and the location of countries, you'd run aground in less time than our local water Police in their Shark Cat.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »

I don't think so. With your appalling ignorance on mapping and the location of countries, you'd run aground in less time than our local water Police in their Shark Cat.

What they don't have insurance in Australia? Forget about ships, will your spook buddies lend me a private jet for a week?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »

What they don't have insurance in Australia? Forget about ships, will your spook buddies lend me a private jet for a week?
I don't think our insurance covers the use of  ;D faulty charts  ;D!

Sorry, the best I had were some radio controlled planes and I managed to crash most of them, including one I literally had to dig out the ground with a spade. So, no you don't want me to fly you.

One of my sons flys single engined Cessnas (no not  ;) Citations  ;)), but I don't think a 180 will get you there.

Probably a commercial tour to the South Pole would be most cost effective in the long run.