Gravity

• 7 Replies
Gravity
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
"Why doesn't gravity pull the earth into a spherical shape?

The earth isn't pulled into a sphere because the force known as gravity doesn't exist or at least exists in a greatly diminished form than is commonly taught. The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way. It is constantly accelerating upwards being pushed by a universal accelerator (UA) known as dark energy or aetheric wind. This acceleration does not violate physics and according to Einstein's theory of special relativity, we can accelerate forever without reaching the speed of light." Quote from Flat Earth FAQ - Please Read!

I am new to this FE theory and I don't get how you can accelerate forever without reaching the speed of light. Could someone be so kind to give me some insight in this?

Boots

• - Cogito, ergo sum. - -Descartes
Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »

The earth isn't pulled into a sphere because the force known as gravity doesn't exist or at least exists in a greatly diminished form than is commonly taught. The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way. It is constantly accelerating upwards being pushed by a universal accelerator (UA) known as dark energy or aetheric wind. This acceleration does not violate physics and according to Einstein's theory of special relativity, we can accelerate forever without reaching the speed of light." Quote from Flat Earth FAQ - Please Read!

I am new to this FE theory and I don't get how you can accelerate forever without reaching the speed of light. Could someone be so kind to give me some insight in this?
According to Einstein' theory of SR, time slows down as you approach the speed of light. Thus you will be constantly approaching it without reaching it. If you could reach it, time would stand still and if you exceeded it you would theoretically be going backward through time.
ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
"How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
:D :D :D

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
  • The deception of NASA is without measure.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

Don't listen to anyone on this site. Not even me. But maybe just these next two sentences. This site is called "controlled opposition." No flat earther who is seriously studying the subject believes in a northward acceleration and the fact that it is still in the FAQ's proves this. The earth is still, it does not move. We are not accelerating upward. You can still believe in gravity but I would drop the belief that the sun and moon are in the sky held up by the same gravity.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:14:16 AM »
The Earth is flat.

The Earth is stationary.
A rotating Earth is inconsistent with everything we observe.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:04:53 PM »
Then what keeps my feet planted firmly on the ground?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Planar Moderator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 01:23:59 PM »
Then what keeps my feet planted firmly on the ground?

Magnets in your heels.

This site is not called "controlled opposition" it's called The Flat Earth Society. Only jealous youtubers call us controlled opposition.

Thank you for giving the proper answer to the question, Boots.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

rabinoz

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
The Earth is flat.

The Earth is stationary.

You give your usual amount of evidence - never a scrap! You should realise that the words of Totally Lacking are just that Totally Lacking.

So many like you act as though all you have to do is, say the word and it changes the facts.

Things don't work that way. If you want to convince someone, you have to give some evidence.

You give none, so your words are worth just as much - nothing, zilch, zero, not eve a "Brass Razoo".

Bye bye, come back when you have some real evidence for your claims and it had better not be more of
"Totally Lacking doesn't understand the Globe, and that proves that the earth is flat!"