Let's see if you remember this

• 72 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Let's see if you remember this
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »
Think of your favourite FEer. One who actually argues for FET, and isn't an obvious troll.
There aren't too many of us on this site. Jroa's obviously a troll and spends no real time on details, space cowgirl posts entirely jokes, Intikam's a clear shock-factor troll. You're not left with many. If you want, expand the search to REers who argue for FET, like I've seen one do.

How often are they around?
Were they here briefly, then left? Are they back-and-forth, here-then-gone like Scepti? Did they just vanish?
I bet they are. There isn't a single, regular, serious FEer who posts here.

Why do you think that is?

So many REers complain FEers don't answer their questions, or that there are too few around. Why? There are clearly a lot of serious FE believers, you can find us all over the internet. There are Q&A sections, I think Jeranism has a formspring for example so you can bombard him easily. So FEers can exist.
Why don't they stick around on this site?

Could it be the constant abuse? Could it be the objectively terrible debating of REers? Could it be the constant repetition of stock arguments refuted hundreds of times before? Could it be the constant threads filled with questions that would take hours to go through one-by-one? Could it be how few REers are willing to put in the effort to understand what FE model is being proposed? Could it be the double standards?
If you want to go ahead and believe it's cowardice, or people fleeing at a vastly superior intellect, then go right ahead, I can't make you think anything. I'm just asking for you to at least consider the possibility.

Why is it the serious FEers don't stick around for long here?
Could that possibly have any correlation as to why some threads don't get much attention?
What could you do about it?

I'd like to think this'll stop some of you going right back to hurling abuse, but part of me doubts it. The good REers out there though, please try to remember this, and maybe remind your side of it every now and again.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Let's see if you remember this
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:44:04 PM »
"Could it be the objectively terrible debating of REers? Could it be the constant repetition of stock arguments refuted hundreds of times before? Could it be the constant threads filled with questions that would take hours to go through one-by-one? Could it be how few REers are willing to put in the effort to understand what FE model is being proposed? Could it be the double standards?"

Could it be that you've got things the wrong way around?

Anyway, your post was very emotional, you really had me crying by the time I reached the end. I'm not sure what its point was though, but I'm working on it.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
By the way, do you volunteer to become the first "regular ""serious"" ( :P) FEr"? It will be fun.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »
I don't know why I expected anything different.
Instead of assuming that everything an FEer writes must be complete nonsense, maybe you could put in some goddamn thought once in a while. Some of the time I wonder if I'd get REers jumping down my throat if I wrote 1+1=2.

I have no desire to be a regular here. I've tried, and users like you make it a complete waste of time.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »
People on the internet come and go, it is known.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Could it be that JRoweSkeptic's angry rants are scaring other would be serious FEers off?
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:55:00 PM »
People on the internet come and go, it is known.
Force of numbers. 100% of serious FEers, and a much smaller percentage of non-serious 'FEers' and REers?

Could it be that JRoweSkeptic's angry rants are scaring other would be serious FEers off?

Happened long before I was here, and happens when I'm away.

Seriously, are you people that opposed to taking any goddamn responsibility?!

Pezevenk

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
I don't know why I expected anything different.
Instead of assuming that everything an FEer writes must be complete nonsense, maybe you could put in some goddamn thought once in a while. Some of the time I wonder if I'd get REers jumping down my throat if I wrote 1+1=2.

I have no desire to be a regular here. I've tried, and users like you make it a complete waste of time.

"I don't know why I expected anything different."

I don't know what you expected, I don't know why you expected it and I don't know what you're supposed to expect. I still don't know the point of your post. Is it just to complain?

"I have no desire to be a regular here."

Come on, can't you sacrifice yourself for the greater good? I mean, your stupid thread about what you thought Roche limits were was such a fine example of "serious flat eartering" or whatevr it's called, that we just have to have you with us!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 04:02:54 PM »

Happened long before I was here, and happens when I'm away.

Seriously, are you people that opposed to taking any goddamn responsibility?!

I take full responsibility for the travesty this site has become.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 04:06:12 PM »
Part of the reason is that forums just aren't as popular as they used to be. Also, some of our most eminent flat earthers have got families now.

There have always been RE who ask the same questions over and over on this forum. Some of them eventually stop doing that.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
Another reason is that a bunch of FEers jumped ship and started their own site. Jroa promised to tell us the whole soap opera story when he had time. When's that gonna happen?

Pezevenk

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 04:16:47 PM »

There have always been RE who ask the same questions over and over on this forum. Some of them eventually stop doing that.

It's mostly new guys who ask the same questions, and only once each. They stop after a while. The issue is that almost every new guy asks them and there are lots of them.

By the way, fix your damn annoying glitch that insists I have posted this again!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »
Another reason is that a bunch of FEers jumped ship and started their own site. Jroa promised to tell us the whole soap opera story when he had time. When's that gonna happen?

He's pitched the story to Universal studios, you have to wait to see if it will be greenlit.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »

It's not really that exciting. A few years ago John updated the forum software, but used an old saved database which caused us to lose about 6 weeks of posts. There was much weeping and wailing, as you can imagine! Anyway, it took awhile and John restored the missing posts but it was too late, they left 4evar.  There was really only one serious FEer who left in all that, the rest were the kind JRowe despises (like me).  Then there was lots of talk of merging the forums and Daniel giving FES to them, but it never happened.

?

Woody

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »
Could the reason that not many people truly believing the Earth is flat like their belief challenged?

This and the other forum that is not to be named is the only ones I know of that allow open discussion and RE's to offer counter evidence.

I asked questions other places.  Everything was fine until I asked follow up questions or brought up inconsistencies in the answers I received.  Just not blindly accepting the answers given or asking for evidence beyond someone just saying something got me permanently banned, called a shill and post deleted.

Here are some rules for jeranism's site:

"We were taught by teachers the same thing you are continuing to spew. We found problems with those teachings and are attempting to find more truth and to debunk the current scientific findings by testing and experimenting. If you have a good case for something so important that you came here to “teach” us all… well then the world needs to hear it too so please leave the chat and go make a video."

I know from experience those rules mean do not ask too many questions, ask for a reproducible experiment and  just blindly accept the Earth is flat.

Personally I think the people in charge here do not fully buy into the Earth being flat or they accept the Earth is most likely round.  It just does not fit into the norm for conspiracy theorist behavior.

dans

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »
Think of your favourite FEer. One who actually argues for FET, and isn't an obvious troll.
There aren't too many of us on this site. Jroa's obviously a troll and spends no real time on details, space cowgirl posts entirely jokes, Intikam's a clear shock-factor troll. You're not left with many. If you want, expand the search to REers who argue for FET, like I've seen one do.

Were they here briefly, then left? Are they back-and-forth, here-then-gone like Scepti? Did they just vanish?

So many REers complain FEers don't answer their questions, or that there are too few around. Why? There are clearly a lot of serious FE believers, you can find us all over the internet. There are Q&A sections, I think Jeranism has a formspring for example so you can bombard him easily. So FEers can exist.

Could it be the constant abuse? Could it be the objectively terrible debating of REers? Could it be the constant repetition of stock arguments refuted hundreds of times before? Could it be the constant threads filled with questions that would take hours to go through one-by-one? Could it be how few REers are willing to put in the effort to understand what FE model is being proposed? Could it be the double standards?
If you want to go ahead and believe it's cowardice, or people fleeing at a vastly superior intellect, then go right ahead, I can't make you think anything. I'm just asking for you to at least consider the possibility.

Could that possibly have any correlation as to why some threads don't get much attention?

I'd like to think this'll stop some of you going right back to hurling abuse, but part of me doubts it. The good REers out there though, please try to remember this, and maybe remind your side of it every now and again.
Hahahahaha so true,

Hey, i like to  argue about what i belive and i have said it before i'm always willing to change my mind with facts and proves, but honestly, the FET simply doesn't not make any sense, if it was true why so much FEers doesn't have a unified theory that explains what most of the events that can be explained in a RE.

Thats why im here.

Pezevenk

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »

It's not really that exciting. A few years ago John updated the forum software, but used an old saved database which caused us to lose about 6 weeks of posts. There was much weeping and wailing, as you can imagine! Anyway, it took awhile and John restored the missing posts but it was too late, they left 4evar.  There was really only one serious FEer who left in all that, the rest were the kind JRowe despises (like me).  Then there was lots of talk of merging the forums and Daniel giving FES to them, but it never happened.

Who was the "serious one" who left?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »

Personally I think the people in charge here do not fully buy into the Earth being flat or they accept the Earth is most likely round.  It just does not fit into the norm for conspiracy theorist behavior.

This isn't a conspiracy theory website. RE make a big deal about the conspiracy, but we never have. It's just there must be one, since the earth is flat. It's not the focus of the forum.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »

So the only reason Tom Bishop left is because a few posts got deleted that were later restored? In your opinion, why does he stay over there? He is almost talking to himself sometimes,and of the people who do respond, most of them are REers who frequent this site as well.

And why can't we link to threads in that forum? FYI They allow links to threads in this forum.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 04:44:53 PM »

So the only reason Tom Bishop left is because a few posts got deleted that were later restored? In your opinion, why does he stay over there? He is almost talking to himself sometimes,and of the people who do respond, most of them are REers who frequent this site as well.

And why can't we link to threads in that forum? FYI They allow links to threads in this forum.

I have no idea why he stays over there. I know a lot of them appreciate that the other site is better maintained. Still, this one is more fun!

I know that during the split some of them spammed links to the other site, but the filter was put in way after that and I don't know why really.

Pezevenk

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
Well, on a slightly unrelated note, I found out about this site from the Book of General Ignorance. It's a book full of dumb and not so dumb factoids, and it's pretty interesting, you should read it. FErs were one of those factoids.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

JackBlack

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:48 PM »
How about you go back and try and defend your crap on the Roche limit before starting more crap?
That is far too difficult.
See, the Flat feathers all spout such nonsense (including you), that it is impossible to tell if they are a troll, or genuinely believe the crap they are saying.

The only time you can tell that they aren't serious is when they don't try to defend flat Earth at all and instead make jokes.

For example, are you a troll?
You spout complete crap about the Roche limit claiming it indicates we should be torn apart, even though the Roche limit only applies to gravitationally bound objects (i.e. objects held together by their own gravity).

So are you a troll that is obviously attempting to apply a limit which simply doesn't apply in this case?
Or did you genuinely think that the Roche limit applies to all objects, regardless of if they are gravitationally bound and regardless of if they are in free fall?

You also have the added complication of those that lie to defend their beliefs, even though they genuinely believe.

And you spout stuff which clearly doesn't apply, so I guess you are ruled out as well.

In fact, I am yet to see a single person provide a rationally sound argument for FET. So I guess no FEer here is genuine, they must all be trolls.

Because there is no rationally sound defence of FET.
Anyone who seeks to defend it either needs to lie (or at the very least make numerous baseless and often paranoid assumptions) or spout irrational crap.

Pretty sure I tried asking questions in the comment sections on his you-tube channel, and they don't appear to anyone except me.
He seems to be just another troll.

Because for the most part, this site is quite unmoderated.
If someone comes in with questions or facts that the FEers can't explain away, they can't just make those questions or facts dissappear.

Only in heavily controlled environments where reality can be silenced do FEers thrive, because they get rid of anything that shows them to be delusional or liars.

Could it be the constant abuse? Could it be the objectively terrible debating of REers?
You have that the wrong way around.
More often it is the FEers spouting abuse, like inkham, to avoid admitting he is wrong.
I am yet to see a FEer provide any kind of rational debate defending Earth being flat.
On the other hand, plenty of REers will provide rational arguments which the FEers just ignore or blatantly lie about.

Could it be the constant repetition of stock arguments refuted hundreds of times before? Could it be the constant threads filled with questions that would take hours to go through one-by-one?
Again, all that applies to the FEers not the REers.
The FEers make the same crappy arguments, arguments that have been refuted countless times.
When they can't win, they try to change subjects or bury their opponents in so much crap that it would take far too long to go through.

Look at you, rather than continue to defend the same (or at least very similar) refuted argument that has been made by other FEers before you, you just run away.

Could it be how few REers are willing to put in the effort to understand what FE model is being proposed? Could it be the double standards?
Yes, double standards, where FEers are unwilling to actually try and understand anything in the RE model unless it helps them claim it is fake.
You will understand that the Roche limit means some objects get torn apart when close to a large mass. But you wont "understand" that that only applies to gravitationally bound objects.

FEers want us to simply accept their claims and "observations" without any evidence, yet will outright reject any observation provided in support of a round Earth.

You mean like the threads pointing out serious flaws in FE "theory" that the FEers can't explain?
Or the threads the FEers abandon once they have been shown to be completely wrong?

Perhaps you should stop acting like it is only the REers that do this.
Perhaps you should give this advice to your fellow FEers (trolls or otherwise).
Have them actually defend their claims.
Have them admit when they are wrong.
Have them actually answer questions honestly and rationally about flaws in FE theory.
Have the same standard apply to evidence for and against FE/RE.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
Jrow, you are an uptight pain in the ass. Your theories are stupid.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 02:44:48 AM »
Perhaps you should give this advice to your fellow FEers (trolls or otherwise).
Why? I've called some out on their arguments plenty of times, but I'm not the one claiming they're not trolls. And you're the one who just outright denies REers are guilty, judging by the actual content of your post. Are you really that arrogant?
Just because you think that you're correct doesn't mean people can argue well for your point of view. Take an actual look at the forum, rather than the idealized state you want.

To all of you, grow up. This is exactly what I'm talking about. What you think about FET doesn't fucking matter, it is of no relevance to this thread, what matters is your behaviour. And sure, if you just want to insist that FEers must be running away, despite the fact they routinely come back to this site (even if they don't bother dealing with threads that REers dragged into incoherency) and invite questions, go right ahead, if you're that arrogant no one can stop you.

But do you want to know my experience on this site?
I start a thread asking to hear the flaws with my model. Most people don't bother reading it, even admitting to doing so. Some users post pure insults, and mocking, including several long-term members so it's far from just the newbies as is claimed. Only the vaguest handful do what the thread asked and actually post questions about the model, and of them some just don't accept the answer but never give the reason, and some say they accept the answer and it's fine and makes sense, and then ask the exact same question again not a day later, even after being called on it.
I make a topic-relevant post in another thread, and a user decides to attack me for DET despite the fact I never actually brought that up, going off on quite a tirade. When I defend myself, they complain that I started talking about DET in a thread when they were the one that brought it up.
And when I post an objection, such as the aforementioned Roche limit one (which got derailed by REers who couldn't agree on their own model) the first responses are typically pure insults, as you can see in that very thread.

But sure, go on right ahead, assume FEers must be morons and trolls because we believe in FET, assume REers must always be in the right because you agree with them. You complain when FEers accuse you of following the leader, but that is basically the definition of cult-like behaviour.
But I've dared to be an FEer, so everything I must say has to automatically be wrong, even when none of it is really connected to how I view the Earth.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 02:54:18 AM »
And, you know what? Extra example that you all ignore: Jane's an REer who started arguing for FET. She has no reason to want to defend it, she can ignore the flaws you insist on and admit them, she has no reason to feel any of the things you claim FEers do. Any idea where she's gone? I'd put good money that she just got sick of your incompetent tactics: straw men, mindless mocking, terrible stock arguments...

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 02:58:54 AM »
I hope you have a better day tomorrow!  :)

Pezevenk

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 03:34:55 AM »
And, you know what? Extra example that you all ignore: Jane's an REer who started arguing for FET. She has no reason to want to defend it, she can ignore the flaws you insist on and admit them, she has no reason to feel any of the things you claim FEers do. Any idea where she's gone? I'd put good money that she just got sick of your incompetent tactics: straw men, mindless mocking, terrible stock arguments...

I'll tell you where she went, look at this thread: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68423.240

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:32 AM »

This isn't a conspiracy theory website. RE make a big deal about the conspiracy, but we never have. It's just there must be one, since the earth is flat. It's not the focus of the forum.
Not a conspiracy website!
Quote from: the Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
The existence of 'The Conspiracy' is a consequence of the FET. Virtually no one begins with 'The Conspiracy' and develops a belief in the Flat Earth Theory. Flat Earthers starts with the knowledge that the earth is flat, as they believe that all the evidence which they are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence all the evidence to the contrary, much of which they are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false. The existence of such a huge quantity of false information indicates the existence of the conspiracy.

Essentially the reasoning boils down to -

P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated

P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth

P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET

C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence

P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it

P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)

C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.

Since "The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth", it seems to boil to any evidence against the flat earth is part of the "the conspiracy".

The trouble is that flat earthers regard straight forward things like the measurements of the earth, even though quite consistently done over centuries as "personally unverifiable evidence" and hence part of not only "the conspiracy", but of proving "the conspiracy".

The Flat Earth Society survives on conspiracy.

Pezevenk

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 04:22:08 AM »
Is this really in the wiki? Wow, that's insane...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »

Not a conspiracy website!
Quote from: the Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
The existence of 'The Conspiracy' is a consequence of the FET. Virtually no one begins with 'The Conspiracy' and develops a belief in the Flat Earth Theory. Flat Earthers starts with the knowledge that the earth is flat, as they believe that all the evidence which they are personally able to collect and verify confirms this fact. As a consequence all the evidence to the contrary, much of which they are unable to personally test/verify is viewed as being false. The existence of such a huge quantity of false information indicates the existence of the conspiracy.

Essentially the reasoning boils down to -

P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated

P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth

P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET

C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence

P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it

P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)

C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.

Since "The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth", it seems to boil to any evidence against the flat earth is part of the "the conspiracy".

The trouble is that flat earthers regard straight forward things like the measurements of the earth, even though quite consistently done over centuries as "personally unverifiable evidence" and hence part of not only "the conspiracy", but of proving "the conspiracy".

The Flat Earth Society survives on conspiracy.

Your retarted. I'm not sure why you insist on being this way. "The existence of the conspiracy is a consequence of FET" is exactly what I meant. You RE are obsessed with the conspiracy. The FES would survive just fine if none of you ever brought it up again.