Flat Shaming

• 71 Replies
Re: Flat Shaming
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »
Funny story, will share, I was literally in tears from laughing.

Was taking my mother to a psychiatrist for her delusional disorder, she belives in all sorts of strange things, like katsung a bit but nowhere near that bad.

Waiting in the hospital, on my phone on the FES website, mention to my mother about the forums and that I post here a fair bit.

Bear in mind I nearly had to drag her to hospital because she thought the doctors and the whole hospital where in league with her neighbours to "get her."

My mum after hearing about the FES in the middle of a psych ward.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM ARE THEY SERIOUS!?"

Guess you kinda had to be there.

That was very rude and insulting of her. I think you should send her repeated emails telling her how evil here comments are and how your job is to save lives. After all she said they were SICK.  Sound familiar?

?

Woody

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

I suggest several sites for this reason. Hoping we find one that is not actively moderated.

I'll wait for your list of sites you think will have these old salts that think the world is flat .

That would be  . . .  Bloodydecks.com

A forum of diehard, hardcore offshore sport fishermen.

50% San Diego based, 50% world wide.
Members from as far away as Dubai.

The forum is way over 100,000 members and there are few rules.
It is actively moderated for abusive threats and not much else.
They allow users to weed out the weirdos by sheer ridicule.

Put your thread in 'everything else' and let the fun ensue.

Let's see what happens:

Link to thread.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/the-earth-is-flat.645011/

Hopefully we will be able to see who voted and how long they had been members on that site.

That way no one can claim the results were skewed by people making one or multiple accounts to vote.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »
I don't think they will delete the thread, it's not a raid we're not breaking any rules.

Should be interesting.

Guys, nevar get ads, this site is such a pleasure to browse compared to other forums with ads.

Was taking my mother to a psychiatrist for her delusional disorder, she belives in all sorts of strange things, like katsung a bit but nowhere near that bad.

Waiting in the hospital, on my phone on the FES website, mention to my mother about the forums and that I post here a fair bit.

Bear in mind I nearly had to drag her to hospital because she thought the doctors and the whole hospital where in league with her neighbours to "get her."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM ARE THEY SERIOUS!?"

That was very rude and insulting of her. I think you should send her repeated emails telling her how evil here comments are and how your job is to save lives. After all she said they were SICK.  Sound familiar?

Anytime you wanna meet up for a beer fliggs, just let me know.

I was actually making a joke about the reaction most people have when they hear about the FES, it's usually indignant anger, sound familiar?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:05:12 PM by disputeone »
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »

I suggest several sites for this reason. Hoping we find one that is not actively moderated.

I'll wait for your list of sites you think will have these old salts that think the world is flat .

That would be  . . .  Bloodydecks.com

A forum of diehard, hardcore offshore sport fishermen.

50% San Diego based, 50% world wide.
Members from as far away as Dubai.

The forum is way over 100,000 members and there are few rules.
It is actively moderated for abusive threats and not much else.
They allow users to weed out the weirdos by sheer ridicule.

Put your thread in 'everything else' and let the fun ensue.

Let's see what happens:

Link to thread.

Hopefully we will be able to see who voted and how long they had been members on that site.

That way no one can claim the results were skewed by people making one or multiple accounts to vote.

Yes.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2016, 07:26:02 AM »
Boy that shit kind of backfired on you when that guy brought up lights coming out of the north pole... Kind of bolsters sceptimatics view of the suns operation don't ya think? There are only two reasons you would not discuss this subject with really real fleshy human beings. Either you're a pussy, or youre a robot. Which one?

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
Boy that shit kind of backfired on you when that guy brought up lights coming out of the north pole... Kind of bolsters sceptimatics view of the suns operation don't ya think? There are only two reasons you would not discuss this subject with really real fleshy human beings. Either you're a pussy, or youre a robot. Which one?
Here you are again, being rude, insulting and calling people names. Further proof you're only trolling here.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »
Trolling???? You dont even know What that is! It did backfire! They thought a sailing forum would agree that earth is a globe, and the poll says otherwise!!! Check the site! As to not speaking about things in reality. I stand by my statement. Either youre afraid to speak about flat earth to other people in reality, or you cannot because you are a robot.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 01:37:23 PM »
I find your thought process, bizarre. Have you asked your elders about flat earth? You may be surprised that a good many older fellows believe the earth is flat...

Yes I have talked to my elders about a flat earth. They all laughed at me.  :(

Maybe they were just laughing at you, not at the idea of a flat earth. Try hanging around the docks at a marina, there are plenty of old salts who know the earth is flat.
What was your conversation like with the old salts?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 06:35:34 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a round earth consensus among the sailing community. If I joined and voted, it would be tied with a few maybes...
Are the voters visible? It's possible a few voters might be swayed by a sort of "Shy Tory effect" or "Bradley effect" might be in play.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

Woody

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 06:55:57 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a round earth consensus among the sailing community. If I joined and voted, it would be tied with a few maybes...
Are the voters visible? It's possible a few voters might be swayed by a sort of "Shy Tory effect" or "Bradley effect" might be in play.

Well I got to say a stand corrected.  I just have not ran into anyone claiming a FE around marinas. I did not make an account for that site and can not read the post, but by the comments here it seems at least one person was not convinced the Earth is round.

I have bellied up to the bar with merchant marines, commercial fishermen, various ex-members or current members of different countries navies.

Of course except for one time rather recently I never discussed the shape of the Earth.  The closest is normally navigation,  like landmarks, distances I should see them and bearings when talking about fishing spots or good anchorages.

It has got me curious.  I rather suspect sports fishermen and recreational boaters would be most likely believe the Earth is flat.  Maybe sailors not responsible for navigation or doing things like estimating range might be more likely to believe in a FE.

When I get some time I will pick several sites with what would likely have different demographics covering ex-navy, commercial fishermen, people who blue water cruise and recreational.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »
Well here is what eddiefishtaco Well-Known "Member" has to say on the question of whether the earth is flat:

Nope. It's not flat Earth It is a bowl. Can you put water on a flat disc? Nope. It would spill, that's why Menudo is served in bowls. And that's why we have a super bowl. It's the maximum cult. Go Raiders

;D

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2016, 02:55:33 AM »
I like the link between fat shaming and flat shaming. It suggests that both are based on unhealthy habits.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
So results so far.

Is the earth flat.

Yes       = 5

No        = 8

Maybe = 4

So the only thing we can be sure of, is on earth shape, people aren't really sure.

Minus a few trolls I think, but it's actually a pretty even spread.

Edit, cant say they don't have a sense of humour, this is champagne.

Whoops sorry boots you beat me with his joke xD.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:49:48 PM by disputeone »

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »

Similar situation. I work with a lot of Mormons. The subject of scientology comes up. One of the Mormons says "scientology? That bizzare cult? Why would anyone believe in anything so impossibly stupid?"

Yeah...
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »

Well there is a yachting race that goes around the globe, and that would appear it would have to be spherical!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2016, 04:34:46 AM »

Well there is a yachting race that goes around the globe, and that would appear it would have to be spherical!

I think those entering the Vendée Globe race might believe!
Vendee Globe « Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 05:00:07 PM » and
a voyage around south pole « Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:42 PM »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2016, 04:47:21 AM »
"There doesn't seem to be . . . . ", such great evidence and where do they sail?
Around San Francisco Bay or Chesapeake Bay? Maybe the adventurous go all the way to Catalina Is.

But try that out among the global yacht racing community, especially any that have circumnavigated the Globe!

PS I thought you believed in a "a round earth", or have you changed to a square one with "four corners"?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
The yes and maybe votes now have more than the no votes, well, what do you know.

Turns out the earth really is flat.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »

See if this shill read more of the threads on this site, he would know that his argument is globullshit. Lol Its ok though, he is only rallying people to flat Earth.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
The yes and maybe votes now have more than the no votes, well, what do you know.

Turns out the earth really is flat.

Thanks disputeone, I am glad you admit it finally. I told you their silly games backfired.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2016, 09:08:18 AM »
Also disputeone, how can you say things like these and expect to not be called a troll or shill?

Not bad, you guys would do well at the FES with jokes like that. - Disputeone.

His quote is in this thread.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/the-earth-is-flat.645011/page-2

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
Also disputeone, how can you say things like these and expect to not be called a troll or shill?

Not bad, you guys would do well at the FES with jokes like that. - Disputeone.

His quote is in this thread.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/the-earth-is-flat.645011/page-2

Because, imagine if everyone was as humorless and as serious as yourself and some of the roundies here? What a sad site this would be and how little traffic we would attract.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Geez man you're 15 go talk to pretty girls or something, stop thinking about me for a little while at least.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
You thought I was Papa Legba. What made you change your mind to me really being 15 like my profile says? Yes I am serious about this. This is a serious topic. If you want to make jokes and stroke wieners go to the lounge or better yet, complete nonsense. That's why they made those threads.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »
An article about domestic violence being instigated becaue of a discussion about flat earth and not one person has anything to say about it? I'm surprised...

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
An article about domestic violence being instigated becaue of a discussion about flat earth and not one person has anything to say about it? I'm surprised...

People shouldn't beat other people up over disagreements about the earth's shape.

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »
It might be that nobody read it (myself included). You can't expect everyone to read every link you post. I've done the same thing, post a link not everyone reads (or even in its entirety), but I don't expect everyone to read it, only those interested enough.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2016, 11:42:50 PM »

I'm surprised you missed all the support for a globe Earth in the article and none whatsoever for a flat one.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »

People shouldn't beat other people up over disagreements about the earth's shape.
Try telling that to the rounders.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »

Try telling that to the rounders.
That comment is for everyone, but it was specifically referring to the "rounder" in the article that was linked to.