HOW COME PLANES CAN FLY TOWARDS WEST???

• 144 Replies

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
Re: HOW COME PLANES CAN FLY TOWARDS WEST???
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
Hey ball-fuckers, how about this :

CHECKMATE :

You are flying at Oslo latitude (60 degrees N) towards WEST in an airplane that flies 500 mph, at that latitude the alleged speed of earth's alleged rotation is also 500 mph towards EAST, so since these two speeds cancel out each other, the result should be observing (from an airplane) perfectly motionless sun!

Does this happen in reality?

Of course it doesn't happen in reality since the sun still flies above the flat earth 1000 mph towards west, even if you are flying somewhere above 60 degrees N...

Does any stupid comment arise in your round heads? :)
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Your use of profanity is a direct reflection of your level of intelligence.  Just saying.

You are flying at Oslo latitude (60 degrees N) towards WEST in an airplane that flies 500 mph, at that latitude the alleged speed of earth's alleged rotation is also 500 mph towards EAST, so since these two speeds cancel out each other, the result should be observing (from an airplane) perfectly motionless sun!

Yes.  Scepti posted a video of this in another thread.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
Your use of profanity is a direct reflection of your level of intelligence.  Just saying.
What profanity? Ball-fuckers? That's not profanity, as i see it, it's just another way to say "Hey liars!" And many of you (who so relentlessly defend heliocentric stupidity) are indeed 100 % proved deliberate liars, no doubts about that!

In which thread?

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »
How about this:
Stop with the childish insults and try making a rational argument and sticking to it rather than jumping topic when you are proven wrong, and then actually admitting you were wrong.

CHECKMATE :
No. Not Checkmate, just you spouting crap.

So?
(Also, it would only be the case if they actually have that exact speed and are heading due west, which pretty much no long distant flight would do. Slightly slower or faster or in a different direction would result in the sun moving, as would the movement of Earth around its orbit resulting in an apparent movement between the tropics.)

Yes. It does.
You can easily note this by doing a hypothetical flight.
Lets take a hypothetical flight from Helsinki to Oslo.
We will start on the 21st of December at 1019 UTC.
We will fly west towards Oslo. This is a distance of 489 miles. (but note: It isn't due west it is slightly south west, with the route starting out heading north west following a great circle).
So, with our speed of 500 mph it will take 0.978 hours or 58.68 minutes.
So this means we will arive in Osla around 1118 UTC.
At Helsinki at 1019 UTC, the sun was due south, at an altitude of 6.38 degrees.
At 1118, in Oslo, the sun was also due south, at an altitude of 6.64 degrees.
So I would say that is pretty good at being stationary.

So yes, if you did that flight, you would observe a stationary sun.

Note: we can also do this at other times, such as the equinox, e.g. March 21st.
So start with the sun due south, at an altitude of 30.22 degrees at Helsinki at 1028 UTC.
We finish at Oslo at 1127 UTC, where the sun ends up due south at an altitude of 30.49 degrees.

Lets also pick a different time so it isn't due south.
Start out at 0734 UTC in Helsinki.
The sun starts here at a bearing of 132.27 degrees and an altitude of 21.45 degrees.
You finish in Oslo at 0833 UTC, with the sun at a bearing of 132.76 degrees and an altitude of 21.85 degrees.

So it works out quite well.

Of course it doesn't happen in reality since the sun still flies above the flat earth 1000 mph towards west, even if you are flying somewhere above 60 degrees N...
Yes. It does happen in reality. The sun doesn't fly above the flat Earth 1000 mph towards the east.
In reality, Earth is round and rotating around its axis.
But even in your flat earth model you would expect this to happen.
I picked the equinox for a reason.
At March 21st at 1028 UTC the sun would be above the equator at roughly 25 degrees east.
So any place due north of that will have the sun appear due south. Any place due south of that will have the sun appear due north.
So in Helsinki, at a longitude of 024°56′15″E, you would expect the sun to appear due south.
those 59 minutes later, at 1127 UTC, the sun will be above the equator at roughly 10 degrees. Again, any place due north has the sun appear due south and vice versa.
Olso, at a longitude of 10°45′E, you would expect the sun to appear roughly due south.

So once again, this works regardless of what model you use.

The only issue is that in the flat Earth model, the sun has to speed up and slow down as it goes around different circles (e.g. tropic, equator tropic), and at the equator, it is travelling 60 000 km in a day (roughly, the radius is 10 000 km, so the circumference would be roughly 62...km. But those 60 000 km works out to be 2500 km/hr, and thus 1500 mph.

Regardless of what model you use, you can walk around the pole faster than the sun, even tracvelling just a few km/hr.

No. You seem to be quite good at making them yourself.

Now this time will you admit your error?

What profanity? Ball-fuckers? That's not profanity, as i see it, it's just another way to say "Hey liars!" And many of you (who so relentlessly defend heliocentric stupidity) are indeed 100 % proved deliberate liars, no doubts about that!
Nope.
That is indeed profanity.
The people that have been shown to repeatedly state flase information are the flat Earthers.
Even now you are blatantly lying.
You repeatedlty spout false information and when shown to be wrong, you change the topic, try and bury your opponent with loads of false claims/questions, and then run away when you can no longer come up with something to defend your crap.

You have done this with every "debate" we have had.
We (the round Earthers) continually point out your lies, you bring up completely different things rather than admit you were wrong, and then run away.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »
@Jack, you are finally right, but i have to disappoint you, since it was just another Christmas joke...You fell for joke as you did two years ago, remember? : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1647217#msg1647217 ...The only difference is that at that time you wrote under the name Alpha2Omega :)

« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »
@Jack, you are finally right, but i have to disappoint you, since it was just another Christmas joke...You fell for joke as you did two years ago, remember? : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1647217#msg1647217 ...The only difference is that at that time you wrote under the name Alpha2Omega :)
No. I'm not finally right.
I have been right basically every time.

How about for once in your pathetic existence you admit you were full of shit, and that this entire argument about planes flying East/West is bullshit, and would work pretty much the same on a flat and round, stationary or moving Earth?

And no, I only recently found this site. I was not alpha2omega, but I see that he was pointing out your bullshit before.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »

A "Christmas joke"? Since when are "Christmas jokes" a thing?

And how do you expect people not to fall for it? That was more rational than the rest of your crap.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2016, 06:13:25 PM »
Speaking of lying, I already proved you of being dishonest last year. 
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1660230#msg1660230

In which thread?
Search for the thread about 'Forces of Nature, Brian Cox'.

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »

A "Christmas joke"? Since when are "Christmas jokes" a thing?

And how do you expect people not to fall for it? That was more rational than the rest of your crap.
He did this a couple years ago too.  His "joke" globe disproof was just as stupid as his other 'disproofs', that you couldn't tell the difference.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2016, 10:40:34 PM »
Let me explain this.

If your plane was going east, the speed of the plane (500 mph) + the speed of the Earth's spin (1000 mph roughly) would equal 1500 mph, 500 mph faster than the Earth's spin. If your plane was going west, the speed of the earth's spin (1000 mph roughly) - the speed of the plane (500 mph) would equal 500 mph, 500 mph slower than the Earth's spin.

Think about it like this. Your relative speed to the Earth's spin is 0 mph if your plane was completely stationary. If your plane was going east, your relative speed to the Earth's spin is 500 mph. If your plane was going west, your relative speed to the Earth's spin is -500 mph.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2016, 03:16:09 AM »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:31 AM »
Ciklijamas, can you explain to us what the difference of the two trails is, just by looking at those photos, and ignoring the background? Enlighten us.

I have explained everything in the photos above :

In the first picture i have designated the VERY CENTER OF THE SOURCE OF LIGHT which is on THE LEFT SIDE (star trail goes to the right), and in the second picture i have also designated the VERY CENTER OF THE SOURCE OF LIGHT which is on THE RIGHT SIDE (star trail goes to the left)!

Now i am going to quote myself once again (for the reason : i have to correct one error) :

We can consider these three different situations :

1. An airplane flies at 1500 miles/h ("absolute" speed = earth's speed + local speed) EASTBOUND
2. An airplane is parked at the airport and doesn't move at all but still flies 1000 miles/h EASTBOUND due to the rotation of the earth
3. An airplane flies at 500 miles/h "absolute" speed due west (within earth's local frame of reference), but this airplane actually travel (within "absolute" frame reference - with respect to the stars) ALSO EASTBOUND since the speed of earth's rotation (1000 miles/h) TOWARDS EAST overpowers airplane's local speed (500 miles/h), and it's local (within earth's local frame of reference) local westbound direction.

Now, if we assume that the stars are stationary, by conducting our "Taking Long Exposure Photographs" experiment IN ALL THREE CASES we are going to yield THE SAME RESULT in a sense that IN ALL THREE ABOVE CASES star trails are going to go IN THE SAME DIRECTION. - I wont tell you which EXACT direction would that be since the true answer to this question you can find in one of my older videos "THE FLAT EARTH - THE STARS (A STAGGERING PROOF AGAINST THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH) " :

Another big difference will be seen in a drastically different lengths of star trails comparing the photographs that are going to be taken in three different circumstances regarding the difference in absolute speeds of our EASTBOUND motions!

- However, if the earth is at rest the results will be as follows

1. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" (see my video)
2. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" but for a different reason than in the case 1. (see my video)
A BRIEF EXPLANATION :
In 1. case star trails direction "A" will be caused by our EASTBOUND motion
In 2. case star trails direction "A" will be caused by Star's/Sun's WESTBOUND motion

3. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "B" and caused by our local WESTBOUND motion (see my video)

EDIT :

- However, if the earth is at rest the results will be as follows :

1. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "B" (see my video)
2. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A"  (see my video)
3. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" but for the different reason than in the 2. case (due to our local WESTBOUND motion) (see my video)

So, if there is something specific that you don't understand just ask (only you have to specify what EXACTLY you don't understand)...

After taking a short break (making ball-earthers really stupid (even stupider than they pretend they are)) we can get back to our serious business :

EXPOSURE -3 SECONDS :

EXPOSURE -2 SECONDS :

MOTION TO THE LEFT :

MOTION TO THE RIGHT :

SCENERY :

Now, let's consider our flight above Oslo in the light of the photographs above :

If we were at rest somewhere in Oslo the speed of our motion TO THE LEFT (EAST) on the rotational earth would be about 500 mph and at long exposure photographs of the sun there would be long sun trail TO THE RIGHT.

If we flew somewhere above Oslo (above the spinning earth) at 500 mph towards WEST the sun would be apparently stationary and long exposure photographs of the sun wouldn't left such a long trail as was the case in our first hypothetical scenario (we are at rest somewhere in Oslo).

Pezevenk

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2016, 06:48:41 AM »
Ciklijamas, can you explain to us what the difference of the two trails is, just by looking at those photos, and ignoring the background? Enlighten us.

I have explained everything in the photos above :

In the first picture i have designated the VERY CENTER OF THE SOURCE OF LIGHT which is on THE LEFT SIDE (star trail goes to the right), and in the second picture i have also designated the VERY CENTER OF THE SOURCE OF LIGHT which is on THE RIGHT SIDE (star trail goes to the left)!

Now i am going to quote myself once again (for the reason : i have to correct one error) :

We can consider these three different situations :

1. An airplane flies at 1500 miles/h ("absolute" speed = earth's speed + local speed) EASTBOUND
2. An airplane is parked at the airport and doesn't move at all but still flies 1000 miles/h EASTBOUND due to the rotation of the earth
3. An airplane flies at 500 miles/h "absolute" speed due west (within earth's local frame of reference), but this airplane actually travel (within "absolute" frame reference - with respect to the stars) ALSO EASTBOUND since the speed of earth's rotation (1000 miles/h) TOWARDS EAST overpowers airplane's local speed (500 miles/h), and it's local (within earth's local frame of reference) local westbound direction.

Now, if we assume that the stars are stationary, by conducting our "Taking Long Exposure Photographs" experiment IN ALL THREE CASES we are going to yield THE SAME RESULT in a sense that IN ALL THREE ABOVE CASES star trails are going to go IN THE SAME DIRECTION. - I wont tell you which EXACT direction would that be since the true answer to this question you can find in one of my older videos "THE FLAT EARTH - THE STARS (A STAGGERING PROOF AGAINST THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH) " :

Another big difference will be seen in a drastically different lengths of star trails comparing the photographs that are going to be taken in three different circumstances regarding the difference in absolute speeds of our EASTBOUND motions!

- However, if the earth is at rest the results will be as follows

1. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" (see my video)
2. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" but for a different reason than in the case 1. (see my video)
A BRIEF EXPLANATION :
In 1. case star trails direction "A" will be caused by our EASTBOUND motion
In 2. case star trails direction "A" will be caused by Star's/Sun's WESTBOUND motion

3. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "B" and caused by our local WESTBOUND motion (see my video)

EDIT :

- However, if the earth is at rest the results will be as follows :

1. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "B" (see my video)
2. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A"  (see my video)
3. case (see above) : star trails will be directed in direction "A" but for the different reason than in the 2. case (due to our local WESTBOUND motion) (see my video)

So, if there is something specific that you don't understand just ask (only you have to specify what EXACTLY you don't understand)...

After taking a short break (making ball-earthers really stupid (even stupider than they pretend they are)) we can get back to our serious business :

EXPOSURE -3 SECONDS :

EXPOSURE -2 SECONDS :

MOTION TO THE LEFT :

MOTION TO THE RIGHT :

SCENERY :

Now, let's consider our flight above Oslo in the light of the photographs above :

If we were at rest somewhere in Oslo the speed of our motion TO THE LEFT (EAST) on the rotational earth would be about 500 mph and at long exposure photographs of the sun there would be long sun trail TO THE RIGHT.

If we flew somewhere above Oslo (above the spinning earth) at 500 mph towards WEST the sun would be apparently stationary and long exposure photographs of the sun wouldn't left such a long trail as was the case in our first hypothetical scenario (we are at rest somewhere in Oslo).

"After taking a short break (making ball-earthers really stupid (even stupider than they pretend they are))"

Indeed, you've made "ball earthers" and everyone else much stupider with your idiotic posts. I've personally lost 80 IQ points reading them.

As for the rest of your post, I can't tell if it's another "Christmas joke" or not. Amazing how if I take a photo of a distant mountain, and then move the camera a few meters to the left and take another photo, it's practically the same photo, but if I pan the camera a bit to the left, the mountain appears to have moved! Wow, it must be that the mountain is moving and I am stationary! Now that that mystery is solved, I guess I'm gonna go smoke 20 cigarettes together or put a plastic bag on my head and start breathing, where do I get all these great ideas?!?!?!?!  ::)

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2016, 12:23:43 PM »
You can't make us stupid with your stupidity.
It isn't contagious, not even over the internet.

I'm not going to bother with your photos. Either provide a text based argument (as text not a photo) which can be quoted for me to explain why it is crap, or I will just ignore them.

This time I will just say this:
Again, it works the same on a flat or round Earth.
I'm calling bullshit on you moving the camera 20 cm (and keeping its direction fixed, or it wasn't the sun).

Again, instead of bringing up more and more crap, why don't you deal with what has already been said?
Why don't you respond to the prior refutations of your claims.

Let's not. Not until you can show you did just move it 20 cm and explain how it works.

I already explained what would happen in reality. How about you address that rather than continually sticking your head in the sand?

I also explained how it is the same on a ball Earth and a round Earth.

On a round, rotating Earth, Earth rotates at a speed of 15 degrees an hour, or 0.25 degrees a minute and thus 0.00417 degrees a second.

Thus if you keep your camera still, you will see a 0.0083 degree trail in those 2 seconds. That is much smaller than the angular size of the sun.

On a flat, stationary Earth, with the sun moving at 1000 mph overhead, or 1600 km/hr or 5760 m/s, in the 2 seconds it will have moved 11 520 m. (are you suggesting that that distance is nothing compared to your 20 cm?)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:55:45 PM by JackBlack »

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

EXPOSURE -3 SECONDS :
http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/32721883884421764544.jpg
EXPOSURE -2 SECONDS :
http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/52025546252100687232.jpg
MOTION TO THE LEFT :
http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/96521941402120909024.jpg
MOTION TO THE RIGHT :
http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/51529697995279911111.jpg
SCENERY :
http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/46303692086447641007.jpg

This is too easy to destroy.  Your camera on a sphere with a circumference of 24,901 miles rotating .0007rpm, taking a picture of a sun 93million miles away.  Nice socks.

What else you got?

« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »
On a round, rotating Earth, Earth rotates at a speed of 15 degrees an hour, or 0.25 degrees a second.

As a minor aside, 15 degrees/hr = 0.25 degrees/minute

I invite anyone who can't comprehend relative motion and thinks it's impossible for a plane at 500mph to fly west against the earth's rotation at 1000mph to join me in a small experiment. I have a rifle which fires bullets at 990mph and I'll gladly let you shoot as many bullets as you like at me, in an easterly direction (at a total speed of 1990mph), on one condition...

I get to shoot at you first in a westerly direction. You'll be safe, the bullets will never reach you, you're moving 10mph faster than them.

Any takers? Please?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »
On a round, rotating Earth, Earth rotates at a speed of 15 degrees an hour, or 0.25 degrees a second.

I invite anyone who can't comprehend relative motion and thinks it's impossible for a plane at 500mph to fly west against the earth's rotation at 1000mph to join me in a small experiment. I have a rifle which fires bullets at 990mph and I'll gladly let you shoot as many bullets as you like at me, in an easterly direction (at a total speed of 1990mph), on one condition...

I get to shoot at you first in a westerly direction. You'll be safe, the bullets will never reach you, you're moving 10mph faster than them.

Any takers? Please?
I volunteer cikljamas for this little test. He seems the most adamant that PLANES CAN'T FLY TOWARDS WEST, so I'm sure he won't mind.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »

Any takers? Please?

Contrary to popular belief all those famous gunslingers of the Wild West weren't successful because they were quick, it was because they only picked fights when positioned West of their opponent.

That's how the West was won and it's also why it won!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:29:50 PM by Boots »
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »

My bad.
Thanks for that.
I've fixed it now.

Any takers? Please?
The issue is that they think it is impossible to do, and they use that to claim Earth can't be moving.

Pezevenk

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2016, 12:17:15 AM »

Any takers? Please?

Contrary to popular belief all those famous gunslingers of the Wild West weren't successful because they were quick, it was because they only picked fights when positioned West of their opponent.

That's how the West was won and it's also why it won!

It all makes an awful lot of sense now!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Ozfer

• It's a lie
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »
Holy cow bat man! The lack of basic high school physics here is lacking.

If the earth rotates and we are on the earth, in our model we are not rotating when only looking at us or a plane on the ground since we rotate with the earth. Thus if its rotating at 1000 and you go to the left 500 you are going 500 slower than everything else and thus still traveling at 500 west. Due to the fact the plane is part of the system rotating at 1000 already. I'm sorry but that's just basic high school physics....

If we used your logic in the FE model why could anything fly downwards? If the flat earth is traveling upwards at however fast shouldn't a plane not be able to land with this logic that you can only go in the direction of movement? Lol we know that's not true....

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »
Yes, I simply cannot imagine how anyone can entertain the stupid ideas that you do.

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2016, 05:44:06 PM »
I feel famous now.  Cikl quoted me at 13:50.  8)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »

Holy cow bat man! The lack of basic high school physics here is lacking.

If the earth rotates and we are on the earth, in our model we are not rotating when only looking at us or a plane on the ground since we rotate with the earth. Thus if its rotating at 1000 and you go to the left 500 you are going 500 slower than everything else and thus still traveling at 500 west. Due to the fact the plane is part of the system rotating at 1000 already. I'm sorry but that's just basic high school physics....

Are you claiming that rotation is measured in distance/time?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:17 PM »
I feel famous now.  Cikl quoted me at 13:50.  8)

I have only one explanation.
I don't know about all Flat Earthers, but certainly Chicken Mess (have I spelled that correctly? never can get it right) must be born without a "perspective gene".

Could we remind him that in 3 seconds the earth has rotated 0.0125° with respect to the sun?
That's roughly  ;D 1.6 pixels  8) on an 18 megapixel camera with a 50 mm lens - big deal!