Air Pressure vs Gravity

• 1933 Replies

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
Re: Air Pressure vs Gravity
« Reply #1440 on: January 23, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »
As you've been told already, it's the force that attracts mass to other mass. Like the atmosphere you can't see it but you can measure its effects. You can measure it reliably and very well. Its existence is only disputed by...erm...you.
I can compress atmosphere to create higher and lower pressures that fit perfectly with the world we live in.
What can you do with gravity to show gravity working?

Before you come in and say things like, "drop a ball/object" or "mass attracts mass", try and show how it happens that literally shows gravity at work.

But you can't actually show that? You just wave some equipment around and a reading changes and that proves atmosphere causes weight? Does it change colour? Smell different? What?

Try showing me literally how the atmosphere makes me weigh something.

Then show me his magnetism as trapped air causes the aurorae. In the atmosphere. Where is it trapped there?

I'm sure the aurora is just another reflection off the dome. ;)
You just got Weskered, bitches!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1441 on: January 23, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »
As for my denpressure. I've more than explained it but you can't (or won't) understand it.
And we've "more than explained" why density and pressure don't work like you think they do, but you can't (or won't) accept it.
You've told me it doesn't work like I believe it does. You certainly haven't shown me.
You've been shown a video of a container displacing exactly the same amount of water regardless of its weight.

And also you've never explained what gravity is, except to say it just is.
Gravity is the natural phenomenon of mass attracting mass and is currently best described by Einstein's theory of general relativity. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1442 on: January 23, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »
So instead of debating or answering, you just ignore. Nice tactic, I'm sure you're aware everyone here is taking notice. Instead of losing an argument, or having to explain something, you just ignore them. Brilliant! Sounds JUST like another user around here.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #1443 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
Gravity is the natural phenomenon of mass attracting mass and is currently best described by Einstein's theory of general relativity.

Thats about to change.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1444 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »

Thats about to change.
Oh?  Do you know someone who has a better explanation?  By chance, would this special someone have the maths to back up their explanation?

« Reply #1445 on: January 23, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »

Thats about to change.

Not to denpressure.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #1446 on: January 23, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »
Well it looks like Sceptimatic has finally admitted defeat and has retreated with tail firmly between his but cheeks.

Possibly he's off to write his denpressure book.
You do have to shake your head and wonder how these people get through their day believing all this crazy stuff they bang on about while at the same time living in a world that is built on the very principles they abhor. Well I suppose it takes all kinds.....even one like Sceptimatic.

« Reply #1447 on: January 23, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »

Thats about to change.
To what?

« Reply #1448 on: January 23, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
As for my denpressure. I've more than explained it but you can't (or won't) understand it.
And we've "more than explained" why density and pressure don't work like you think they do, but you can't (or won't) accept it.
You've told me it doesn't work like I believe it does. You certainly haven't shown me.
You've been shown a video of a container displacing exactly the same amount of water regardless of its weight.

Not by Einstein, by Newton. Sir Isaac, for friends.
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1449 on: January 23, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
False. Newton said gravity was a force. A force cannot act on light. A force would also lead to different masses falling at different rates.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1450 on: January 23, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »

Not by Einstein, by Newton. Sir Isaac, for friends.
For as well as Newton's gravity works under normal conditions, it could not explain things like the precession of Mercury's orbit, gravitational lensing or other other relativistic phenomena. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1451 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
It's the density of the material that displaces the water overall.

General relativity as well as special relativity are just another set of bullshit concepts to try and feed the masses with ridiculous thoughts about space and frigging warped space time or black holes and such garbage.
Gravity isn't best explained by this. It's a cop out.

Explain how a a mass attracts a mass.

The weird part is, warped space is real but it's happening in real time in what we see as empty space but know it's full of atmosphere.
Any object in it, warps it and is the reason why everything works.

In outer so called space, it's for the fantasy books.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1452 on: January 24, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
Let's list a few things denpressure can't explain:

Magetism
Light propagation
Buoyancy
Displacement
Electro-magnetism
Density
Terminal velocity
Anything in the heavens
Reality

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1453 on: January 24, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »
Let's list a few things denpressure can't explain:

Magetism.....wrong
Light propagation.....wrong
Buoyancy.....wrong
Displacement.....wrong
Electro-magnetism.....wrong
Density.....wrong
Terminal velocity.....wrong
Anything in the heavens.......I don't know what heavens are.
Reality.....wrong
I think that about does it.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1454 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:41 AM »
Empirical evidence? Mathematical proof? Real world demonstrations? Please provide these

« Reply #1455 on: January 24, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »

Despite the fact you've been shown that objects of the same volume but different density displace exactly the same amount of water.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1456 on: January 24, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

Despite the fact you've been shown that objects of the same volume but different density displace exactly the same amount of water.

Any luck with the metal cube experiment?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1457 on: January 24, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »
Empirical evidence? Mathematical proof? Real world demonstrations? Please provide these
Let's see you provide the very same  proof in real world demonstrations.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1458 on: January 24, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »

That's been explained. Take heed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1459 on: January 24, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
Nope.  The overall density (volume divided by mass) changed, but the volume of water displaced was the same.

General relativity as well as special relativity are just another set of bullshit concepts to try and feed the masses with ridiculous thoughts about space and frigging warped space time or black holes and such garbage.
Gravity isn't best explained by this. It's a cop out.

Explain how a a mass attracts a mass.
If you don't believe Einstein's explanation of gravity, then what can I say that you would believe?  Pixie dust and unicorn farts, maybe?

The weird part is, warped space is real but it's happening in real time in what we see as empty space but know it's full of atmosphere.
Any object in it, warps it and is the reason why everything works.
How is that any less of a "bullshit concept" than GR? 

« Reply #1460 on: January 24, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »

That's been explained. Take heed.

Yes it has indeed been explained.

Solid objects fully submerged in a fluid will displace exactly its own volume regardless of density.

This destroys your denspressure which relies on objects displacing volumes of fluid dependant upon density.

« Reply #1461 on: January 24, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »

I've shot some videos. I just need to edit them into a single clip and post.

Been a bit busy. I'll get round to it.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1462 on: January 24, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »

I've shot some videos. I just need to edit them into a single clip and post.

Been a bit busy. I'll get round to it.

That's cool man. I just want to see what Scepti will come up with next lol.

« Reply #1463 on: January 24, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »
I think his excuse is that the air is trapped in the metal and it requires ultra high pressure water to release it. Hen the cubes will displace different amounts.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1464 on: January 24, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
Apparently he doesn't realize that sometimes you want to know the displacement with the air trapped inside.  Comes in handy for all sorts of things like rubber duckies and ballistic missile submarines.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1465 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »
Airy metal, I think Scepti can make a fortune with these innovative new materials. Light as air but strong as steel.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1466 on: January 24, 2017, 12:08:52 PM »
Sorry, but someone already beat him to it.
A metal foam is a cellular structure consisting of a solid metal (frequently aluminium) with gas-filled pores comprising a large portion of the volume. The pores can be sealed (closed-cell foam) or interconnected (open-cell foam). The defining characteristic of metal foams is a high porosity: typically only 5–25% of the volume is the base metal, making these ultralight materials.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1467 on: January 24, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
Well there's still that Nobel Prize waiting on him when he destroys gravity with denpressure.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1468 on: January 24, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
False. Newton said gravity was a force. A force cannot act on light. A force would also lead to different masses falling at different rates.
Slight correction. On earth, the effects of Newtonian Mechanics (Laws of Motion and Gravitation) are virtually indistinguishable from GR.
Newtonian Gravitation would cause light to bend around extremely massive objects, but only half as much as GR (as GR includes time dilation). Newton himself predicted it as he believed in the corpuscular theory of light - not so far off photons!
And finally, Newtonian Gravitation causes a force proportional to mass, ie an acceleration.

Don't write old Sir Isaac's mechanics off yet, it is what is used for almost all calculations, even in orbital mechanics - GR is too complicated to use when not absolutely necessary.
GR shows the range of applicability of Newton's Laws (v << c and mass "not too massive") and provides a correction term where necessary.
In most cases, time dilation is the first significant effect, simply because time can be measured so precisely.

Keep GR for cosmic scale and particle accelerator problems.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #1469 on: January 25, 2017, 07:54:45 AM »
I have a simple experiment for you Scepti. Get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it half to two-thirds full of water. Get a large, hollow plastic cube and a smaller solid, such as a rock or piece of metal. Submerge each item and mark how much water is displaced. Since the rock is more dense than the plastic cube it should displace more water according to your theory. Please post your honest results.