Air Pressure vs Gravity

• 1933 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Air Pressure vs Gravity
« Reply #330 on: December 23, 2016, 04:50:56 AM »
So if you were in a sealed object, you wouldnt feel accelleration?
How would you be able to be in a sealed object and live?

Im not asking if you would live, just if you would feel accelleration?

If you need an explanation, maybe you have an oxygen tank in the sealed object with you.
It doesn't matter whether you have an oxygen tank in a sealed object. You won't live. It has to be vented.

Would an accelerometer register acceleration in a sealed object?
No.

You dont think an accelerometer would give a reading if in a sealed container? That should be pretty easy to test considering most new smart phones have accelerometers in them. So if I vacuum pack my phone, or even put it in a clear bag and seal it, then move it around, it wont detect any movement at all?
I don't know. Try your phone accelerometer out but just make sure that your SEALED container does not in any way expand or contract to have any effect on your phone.
Do you know of a container that is capable of this?

?

jon

« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2016, 05:25:27 AM »
Would a glass bottle be ok?

Thinking about it, you dont even need a phone. If i get a new, unopened bottle of beer in a clear glass bottle (maybe a Corona or something) and shook it, the liquid inside moves, hence it is experiencing g force.

I know the bottle is perfectly sealed, otherwise the beer would not fizz up once opened.

Surely this shows that an object within a sealed container feels g force. Therefore the force cannot be anything to do with pressure or atmosphere.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2016, 05:35:21 AM »
Nope.

Thinking about it, you dont even need a phone. If i get a new, unopened bottle of beer in a clear glass bottle (maybe a Corona or something) and shook it, the liquid inside moves, hence it is experiencing g force.
Nope. It's experiencing water compressing air inside.

I know the bottle is perfectly sealed, otherwise the beer would not fizz up once opened.

Yes it's sealed but it's not sealed from atmosphere inside or outside which all work to warp the surrounding area by compression and/or expansion.

Surely this shows that an object within a sealed container feels g force. Therefore the force cannot be anything to do with pressure or atmosphere.
The force is everything to do with atmospheric pressure and there is no g-force because g-force is a made up load of nonsense in order to nullify the very thing that keeps everything alive in this cell we are cocooned inside.
The new terms is AC-force (atmospheric compression) or ACOM which is atmospheric compression of matter.

« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2016, 05:52:05 AM »
Nope.

Yes it's sealed but it's not sealed from atmosphere inside or outside which all work to warp the surrounding area by compression and/or expansion.

The force is everything to do with atmospheric pressure and there is no g-force because g-force is a made up load of nonsense in order to nullify the very thing that keeps everything alive in this cell we are cocooned inside.
The new terms is AC-force (atmospheric compression) or ACOM which is atmospheric compression of matter.

Come on cut fooling around and explain this video. You have already been asked, so I'm asking again. Or is this one to avoid at all cost as it shows how wrong your ideas are?

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/dropping-objects-worlds-largest-vacuum-chamber/

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:10 AM »

Come on cut fooling around and explain this video. You have already been asked, so I'm asking again. Or is this one to avoid at all cost as it shows how wrong your ideas are?

I've explained all kinds about this video. What in particular are you confused with?

« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2016, 06:00:19 AM »
Scepti - do you agree that air pressure decreases with height?
Absolutely.
Therefore do you also agree that the air pressure at the bottom of an object is higher than at the top of an object?
Absolutely.

Pressure is a measure of force over a given area. So you have just agreed that the force at the bottom of an object is higher than at the top. Therefore the object would be pushed upwards by air pressure......
What could be pushing an object upwards if it's sat on a flat surface?
Bottom does not mean under, so maybe try and understand that and also trying your little games will get you nowhere.
Ok but if I jump then there is more pressure under me.  Why wouldn't I float?
To answer this question I have to ask a question.

All things being the same except one change, ok.

Imagine you are in an upside down pool. Now you have to jump up. As you do this you know you have to push the water out of your way but you also know that you've pushed your own dense mass of water out of the way and that dense mass of water has pushed right back onto you, along with the mass of water above you. You get pushed back down just like you do in the atmosphere.

Maybe that will go over your head (pardon the pun).
You only get pushed back down because of gravity.  Without it, there is no up or down.  The pressure below you, when you jump up is greater than the pressure above you.  If pressure kept you down, then as soon as you jumped you would float.   Only an external force can push you down.  Air pressure presses in equally from all directions.

« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2016, 06:00:25 AM »

I've explained all kinds about this video. What in particular are you confused with?

Your the confused one as it clearly shows gravity in action.......what's there not to like?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2016, 06:02:41 AM »
Absolutely.
Therefore do you also agree that the air pressure at the bottom of an object is higher than at the top of an object?
Absolutely.

Pressure is a measure of force over a given area. So you have just agreed that the force at the bottom of an object is higher than at the top. Therefore the object would be pushed upwards by air pressure......
Bottom does not mean under, so maybe try and understand that and also trying your little games will get you nowhere.

Imagine you are in an upside down pool. Now you have to jump up. As you do this you know you have to push the water out of your way but you also know that you've pushed your own dense mass of water out of the way and that dense mass of water has pushed right back onto you, along with the mass of water above you. You get pushed back down just like you do in the atmosphere.

You only get pushed back down because of gravity.  Without it, there is no up or down.  The pressure below you, when you jump up is greater than the pressure above you.  If pressure kept you down, then as soon as you jumped you would float.   Only an external force can push you down.  Air pressure presses in equally from all directions.
Well, I wasted my time explaining that to you. Leave it at that and stick to your gravity. I'm fine with it. I mean, you are one of X mount of millions that follow what you were told to follow, so no blame is attached to you.

When you feel the urge to actually understand what I said, come back to me and we can carry on from there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2016, 06:04:14 AM »

Your the confused one as it clearly shows gravity in action.......what's there not to like?
So if it CLEARLY shows gravity then what are you panicking over. Just get on with your life.

« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2016, 06:31:31 AM »

So if it CLEARLY shows gravity then what are you panicking over. Just get on with your life.

Wow that's a relief then........

?

jon

« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2016, 06:33:00 AM »
Nope.

When you say its not sealed from the atmosphere inside or out, do you mean that gas can pass in and out of the bottle? If so why does the beer not generate bubbles from the carbonation while sealed, but only once opened? Surely if it was not sealed from the atmosphere then it would be flat when you opened it? Same with a can of fizzy drink.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2016, 06:49:01 AM »
Nope.

When you say its not sealed from the atmosphere inside or out, do you mean that gas can pass in and out of the bottle? If so why does the beer not generate bubbles from the carbonation while sealed, but only once opened? Surely if it was not sealed from the atmosphere then it would be flat when you opened it? Same with a can of fizzy drink.
Gas always passes in and out but it's not as simple as seeing big perforations in your bottle. It's about expansion and contraction of the fluid and air in the bottle by the pressure exerted on it from the outside.
Have a real good thing about it if you're interested in finding out whether your indoctrination is worth anything in reality, where this stuff is concerned.

« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2016, 07:11:13 AM »
Gases clearly don't pass in and out because the sealed bottle has a higher pressure inside than outside. If gases could pass in and out then the pressure would be equal.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

jon

« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2016, 07:22:47 AM »
I can see that maybe over very long periods that the seal might not be perfect, and that if you opened a 10 year old bottle or can then it might not still be fizzy, but as Mainframes states, the pressure would equalise if gasses moven in and out freely.

And looking at another situation, if gasses can pass in and out of so-called 'sealed' containers, then how do they store dangerous and poisonous gasses? SUrely if there is no such thing as a 'sealed' container as you say, they poisonous gas would leak and kill people around it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
Read what I said. I knew you would jump right in and think I said air passes straight through into the bottle.
Read what I said.

« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
Read what I said. I knew you would jump right in and think I said air passes straight through into the bottle.
Read what I said.

You said gases pass in and out. There is no other way to read that other than that gases move into and out of the bottle.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »
Read what I said.

You said gases pass in and out. There is no other way to read that other than that gases move into and out of the bottle.
Ok let's see if you're on the same wavelength.

Do you agree that glass will expand and contract and if so, how do you think it could happen.
Basically what do you think is happening when expansion and contraction happens?

« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2016, 08:18:18 AM »
Absolutely.
Absolutely.

Well, I wasted my time explaining that to you. Leave it at that and stick to your gravity. I'm fine with it. I mean, you are one of X mount of millions that follow what you were told to follow, so no blame is attached to you.

When you feel the urge to actually understand what I said, come back to me and we can carry on from there.
It's not a question of wanting to understand, or me following what I was told.  Your explaination doesn't fit the observable phenomenon.  You also have not been able to explain why weigh does not change under drastic differences in air pressure.
Nor have you explained why the pressure inside the dome would not be even.  In all of the examples you gave pressure presses in equally for all sides, not just down. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #348 on: December 23, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »

It's not a question of wanting to understand, or me following what I was told.  Your explaination doesn't fit the observable phenomenon.  You also have not been able to explain why weigh does not change under drastic differences in air pressure.
Nor have you explained why the pressure inside the dome would not be even.  In all of the examples you gave pressure presses in equally for all sides, not just down.
Yeah I have explained it all very clearly. If you haven't took the time to read it then that's not my problem and nor do I really care to go over it again and again and again which I have done for so many in the past.

I don't think you're genuine enough to even warrant any more of my time.

« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Read what I said.

Do you agree that glass will expand and contract and if so, how do you think it could happen.
Basically what do you think is happening when expansion and contraction happens?
Expansion and contraction has nothing to do with air pressure rather its down to the internal kinetic energy of the material involved. Increase thekinetic energy of its molecules and it will expand.

?

jon

« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2016, 08:32:14 AM »
Read what I said.

The glass will expand and contract as it warms and cools. More so than any expansion and contraction caused by pressure (especially the low levels of pressure you get in a can of fizzy drink).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #351 on: December 23, 2016, 08:37:41 AM »
Read what I said.

Expansion and contraction has nothing to do with air pressure rather its down to the internal kinetic energy of the material involved. Increase thekinetic energy of its molecules and it will expand.
You are best staying out of it. You're only going to muddy the waters. I have to ignore you from now on. Please don't take offence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2016, 08:39:23 AM »
Read what I said.

The glass will expand and contract as it warms and cools. More so than any expansion and contraction caused by pressure (especially the low levels of pressure you get in a can of fizzy drink).
Another one who has no clue. You are ignored as you are a waste of my effort. Join the granger person.

Yendor

« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
Read what I said.

Another one who has no clue. You are ignored as you are a waste of my effort. Join the granger person.

Scepti...it's amazing they still don't get it after all this time you have spent explaining it to them.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »
Read what I said.

Scepti...it's amazing they still don't get it after all this time you have spent explaining it to them.
I know. That's why I'm just gonna ignore the one's that act silly. I can't waste too much time on people like that.
They know everything about stars and obscure planets and dark matter, plus Higgs boson...etc.etc and they cannot compute simplicity.
It would be more laughable if it wasn't so sad.

« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »

Yeah I have explained it all very clearly. If you haven't took the time to read it then that's not my problem and nor do I really care to go over it again and again and again which I have done for so many in the past.

But I have read it.  It doesn't explain those things at all.  You give examples of how pressure pushes in from all sides then say it stacks and pushes down the most.  But you don't explain why the pressure does not even out in the dome.
And as far as I can tell your only explaination for the lack of weight differences in difference pressures is just you acclimate to it, which doesn't hold up at all when flying between areas of greatly different pressure.
I even point out that I have used the same digital scale at these different locations with no noticeable difference.  You did not explain how that could be.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2016, 09:10:28 AM »

But I have read it.  It doesn't explain those things at all.  You give examples of how pressure pushes in from all sides then say it stacks and pushes down the most.  But you don't explain why the pressure does not even out in the dome.
And as far as I can tell your only explaination for the lack of weight differences in difference pressures is just you acclimate to it, which doesn't hold up at all when flying between areas of greatly different pressure.
I even point out that I have used the same digital scale at these different locations with no noticeable difference.  You did not explain how that could be.
Join the other two on the ignore list. I'm not wasting any more time on you.
Seriously do not reply to this, it won't be seen, except this, which goes for the others.

Badxtoss   Online                  Remove From Ignore List
jon   Offline                  Remove From Ignore List
Lonegranger   Offline                  Remove From Ignore List
rabinoz   Offline                  Remove From Ignore List
sokarul   Offline                  Remove From Ignore List

« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
Scepti we were having a lovely discussion about ripples of superfluid distorting the reflected light of the dome, but I think it got buried. Could we continue this discussion?

Don't forget that the sun reflection moves around the dome and changes elements as it does.

That's the point exactly. Due to varying atmospheric conditions, the physical makeup of the dome is constantly in flux.

When the dome is at its coldest, it forms a solid wall.

At warmer temperatures, the dome can become liquid, forming natural rivers.

My question is, shouldn't there be some way to verify if this is happening or not?

Against the innumerable stars in the night sky, surely one of those reflected points of light would ripple across the surface of a river of superfluid?

The dome would be like clear glass

Have you seen rivulets of water on clear glass? They cause visual distortions.

« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2016, 09:40:44 AM »

This, however, does not answer the question of what happens if the submarine, while travelling at a speed of 40 knots, turns 15° starboard.

How does one use your model to calculate the forces acting upon the submarine (and her crew) during such a turn?
To answer the question in bold, you have to observe what happens to other lesser resistant (to the eye) objects in motion.
Try is with some soft inflatable objects and see what happens when you run then turn at speed.

Quit being vague.

I know what happens when objects change velocity. There are equations that dictate the forces acting upon objects under acceleration. I can use these equations to make predictions about the world around me.

I am asking how one would use your model to make such predictions.

This will aid you with your sub, unless you just want to jump about in a frenzy going la la.

Running around with your fingers jammed in your ears seems to be your specialty
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:26:53 PM by TheRealBillNye »

« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
Scepti, you know, you could save yourself a LOT of time and effort if you would make a thread or website, or whatever method you choose, and link people to it.
In this thread, you could have diagrams and demonstrations better showing what you're trying to say. You could provide the mathematics involved. Kind of like an FAQ. I'm sure you are asked the same questions over and over, by different people over time. Instead of repeating yourself, you could link to these drawings, diagrams, experiments you've done, etc and save a lot of time, wouldn't you think?