Looking at the sun is good for you.

• 603 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Looking at the sun is good for you.
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2017, 06:03:27 AM »
Plus shifter is showing that he is capable of free and critical thought by asking why exactly fluoride is in our water.

Maybe you should present an argument based in facts and logic? I would certainly entertain it, at least until it became obviously wrong.

>inb4 loony
I just also think it's a little strange.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
Reverse osmosis is a waste of energy, distilling water removes fluoride far better and home distillers are easy to make and more readily available to buy.

You can not believe that sungazing provides benefits all you want, but the fact is it does.

Just on this point, I'd like to add that distilled water is not overly great fir your health. I'll let your buddy Mercola tell you why
http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

R/O water gets rid of absolutely everything too. Right down to particles as small as 0.0001 microns. Unlike distilled water it can filter out organic compounds as well. The good thing with R/O filters is that you have the opportunity to add in the system, minerals like calcium and magnesium. Also the technology is far better and more efficient than what it used to be instead of wasting 3 or 4 litres for every 1 litre of filtered water, its now down to 1:1. And if your savvy, you can capture the wasted water to use for your garden or whatever.

Unless you use solar power to distil your water you use a shit ton of energy to make it. And the end product has its downsides of not being very healthy anyway. You can do a test. If you have a pet fish, use 100% distilled water next time you change the water. Actually don't - the fish doesn't deserve to die for your ignorance.

I simply wish to know how the mechanism of staring into the sun somehow heals the eyes and its 'opening up' of the pineal gland. It's not good enough to say it's just a fact and it works. If that were really true, there would be some way to describe how it does it. I have tried to search for reasons by anyone on the internet that promotes this ideology and none of them can explain it. It is a dangerous way to perpetuate ignorance on gullible or desperate people. But I suppose promoting controversial therapies can score a few clicks and thus money and I'm betting that is the real reason.

If your mind was truly free and open, you would have looked at both sides of an argument without bias. You seem only to look at what is controversial or against the status quo, and believe that that itself lends credibility. I'm sorry but it doesn't.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Distilling does not get rid of volatile compounds.  In fact, it concentrates them. 

« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »
Distilling does not get rid of volatile compounds.  In fact, it concentrates them.

What? Distillation boils off the more volatile compounds. I performed a ton of distillations in university. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »
Do you even know how distilling works?  You are making yourself look like an idiot.  Please, look it up.

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
Do you even know how distilling works?  You are making yourself look like an idiot.  Please, look it up.

Yes, absolutely. Like I said, I've performed distillation countless times. If you're talking about what's ending up in the receiving flask, sure, the volatile compounds are being concentrated. In the still pot, the original mixture is being separated. If you distill, for example, a mixture of alcohols and water, the alcohols will be evaporated out of the mixture because of their volatility. You'll be left with the concentrated alcohols in the flask and 'purified' water in the still pot. Do you even know how distilling works? Let me know when you get your chemistry degree.

Also: http://cactus.dixie.edu/smblack/chemlabs/Purifying_a_Liquid_by_Distillation.pdf
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:43:01 PM by atomsk »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
It is funny how you think that distilling "boils off" anything.  Please, in all of your wisdom, explain how my original statement was wrong.  I always enjoy a good laugh, especially at a noob's expense.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2017, 05:56:51 PM »
In the context of home distillation for drinking water however, there are some VOCs and PCBs that have far greater boiling points than 100 degrees Celsius. There are also some spores which will not be killed at 100 degrees either. In fact, to kill certain germs and things like prions, you need an autoclave which uses steam under pressure over several minutes.

arealhumanbeing claimed that distillation was far better than reverse osmosis. Personally, I believe R/O water to be far superior in both removal of everything and better in terms of being able to add back the minerals you want.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »
I think the meat of this argument is why are governments poisoning our water and how do we get it out.

Is that not a disturbing notion?

That the people we "elected" see fit to poison us?

« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2017, 09:31:03 PM »
Those same people who want to control your mind also created the Internet. And here you are...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2017, 10:37:05 PM »
I think the meat of this argument is why are governments poisoning our water and how do we get it out.

The government may have no idea. There are no scientists or researchers in governments. They take their information from people who take their information from people that ultimately is sourced from people who have a huge stake in getting rid of fluoride and making a profit from it.

Do you think Doctors had any idea when they were prescribing Vioxx to their patients that it would ultimate kill thousands of them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rofecoxib
FDA analysts estimated that Vioxx caused between 88,000 and 139,000 heart attacks, 30 to 40 percent of which were probably fatal, in the five years the drug was on the market

Taking the worst case here, that's 11,120 people per year or 30 people every day killed by this drug doctors were prescribing. However the only thing you can blame the doctors for is ignorance. The information presented to them showed this to be a wonder drug however in the quest for profits the data during the experiments and trials was manipulated and cherry picked so that it appeared much safer than it was.

I do however blame doctors for the over prescription of statin drugs and shifting goal posts of what constitutes a 'healthy' level of cholesterol, however that is another story....

In the case of fluoride, It's the same thing. Dentists and government officials are relying on information and studies that have been cherry picked by those in the industry. Some dentists will swear black and blue that in towns they travel to where there is no fluoridation that peoples teeth are worse. Failing to take in account the people in regional towns are less well of to begin with. Wealthier towns generally have a healthier population. Whether or not their is fluoride in the drinking supply is irrelevant. Personally, I am ok with fluoride in toothpaste. They are right when they say it works. But that's not the whole truth you need to hear. It works by contact. Something that then makes its addition in drinking water questionable as it is pointless. And sodium fluoride (not found in nature that is confused with calcium fluoride as is sometimes argued) is nasty in that the body is not so easily able to rid itself of it.

I object to having a basic human right and essential life sustaining component tampered with by anything other than basic disinfection to keep it sanitary. Chlorine is piss easy and cheap to filter out and once the water leaves the tap, the chlorines job is done and no longer wanted. Some governments and councils are trying to get creative and add ammonia with the chlorine to make 'chloramine' which is far more expensive to remove. I have to ponder why chlorine which has served the public well for decades is no longer good enough for some councils.....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:03:26 PM by Shifter »

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2017, 10:53:24 PM »
You're really quite bright and well informed, Shifter.
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »
You're really quite bright and well informed, Shifter.

I have spent the last 20 years interested in the subject of health and wellbeing. Funnily enough, I never took to staring at the sun  ::)

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »

The government may have no idea. There are no scientists or researchers in governments. They take their information from people who take their information from people that ultimately is sourced from people who have a huge stake in getting rid of fluoride and making a profit from it.

Do you think Doctors had any idea when they were prescribing Vioxx to their patients that it would ultimate kill thousands of them

FDA analysts estimated that Vioxx caused between 88,000 and 139,000 heart attacks, 30 to 40 percent of which were probably fatal, in the five years the drug was on the market

Taking the worst case here, that's 11,120 people per year or 30 people every day killed by this drug doctors were prescribing. However the only thing you can blame the doctors for is ignorance. The information presented to them showed this to be a wonder drug however in the quest for profits the data during the experiments and trials was manipulated and cherry picked so that it appeared much safer than it was.

I do however blame doctors for the over prescription of statin drugs and shifting goal posts of what constitutes a 'healthy' level of cholesterol, however that is another story....

In the case of fluoride, It's the same thing. Dentists and government officials are relying on information and studies that have been cherry picked by those in the industry. Some dentists will swear black and blue that in towns they travel to where there is no fluoridation that peoples teeth are worse. Failing to take in account the people in regional towns are less well of to begin with. Wealthier towns generally have a healthier population. Whether or not their is fluoride in the drinking supply is irrelevant. Personally, I am ok with fluoride in toothpaste. They are right when they say it works. But that's not the whole truth you need to hear. It works by contact. Something that then makes its addition in drinking water questionable as it is pointless. And sodium fluoride (not found in nature that is confused with calcium fluoride as is sometimes argued) is nasty in that the body is not so easily able to rid itself of it.

I object to having a basic human right and essential life sustaining component tampered with by anything other than basic disinfection to keep it sanitary. Chlorine is piss easy and cheap to filter out and once the water leaves the tap, the chlorines job is done and no longer wanted. Some governments and councils are trying to get creative and add ammonia with the chlorine to make 'chloramine' which is far more expensive to remove. I have to ponder why chlorine which has served the public well for decades is no longer good enough for some councils.....

Oh? No researchers or scientists in the government? You are dilluted sir...

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »

Is his concentration level shifting up or down? From his name I assume it is not remaining constant.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »

Did you mean deluded?

I can certainly speak for Australia, not every country in the world however. Care to name a few to correct me?

I sued to be involved in medical research myself. Now while the goal of finding drugs or better treatments for diabetes is laudable, all the money that we get funded come from external grants. The people paying the money want some kind of return on their investment. My boss would spend most of the time, seeking these funds and submitting proposals. Our group then gets 'x' hundreds of thousands of dollars and one time several million. Naturally, they want to see positive results. More than a few times I felt my boss would get me to cherry pick which results 'mattered' or if an unfavourable outcome (ie the drug didn't work), change the goalposts. This would often distort the real world result in a way that makes it seem like the drug was somewhat effective. I believe the intensions were ultimately good but this felt like bad science. Researchers are essentially dictated to by the people that hand out the money and they want to see good results for their company on the stock market.

I believe most in the government is sincere when they say the addition of fluoride to our drinking water is for our own good. (Those that aren't earn more than enough to remove it from their own water though!) However it is naïve of them to blindly follow the advice from corporations that have profit margins to ever inflate. It is not a conspiracy against us from them. When someone gets elected to government they don't go into a locked room and get told the 'truth' about fluoride in our water amongst other things. Your government is far more down the ladder in terms of ultimate power and certainly knowledge than you think.

Anyway arealhumanbeing if I am so deluded, perhaps you can tell me who in your government (or anywhere in the world) is an actual scientist or researcher (or even an ex one). Having a 'Minster for Science' etc doesn't count. The person in that portfolio does not need to have the first clue about it. Most people in their assigned portfolios probably don't have a lot of first hand experience in the field.

Or is there going to be continued silence or deflection from you. This thread topic is about looking at the sun and you claiming it's a fact that its good for you. You still cant even explain how it works despite repeated requests.

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »
Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound?

I answer every question. You simply pose the same ones over and over.

I have answered how and why sungazing is beneficial. Read the thread.

Your government is far more down the ladder in terms of ultimate power and certainly knowledge than you think.

Yes, youre right. The government is just a facade for evil. And thats why it needs to be destroyed.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
If you think your country would be better off without a government than take a look at the glorious Somalia. You might be happier if you moved there. No evil government telling you what you can and cant do

The only things you have said about looking at the sun and being good is

Staring at the sun, just at sunrise and sunset, before it rises to high above the horizon is healthy for every part of your body.

questioned further you said

The sun is the source of all of the human bodies energy.

So I guess we just eat food for fun? Plants utilise photosynthesis. We don't. We depend on the sun sure, but sun exposure to our bodies does not provide us with any energy. It can have an effect on 'mood' if one likes it. What has it got to do with gazing at the sun though?

Vitamin K is also a necessary vitamin that is often overlooked.
What has Vitamin K got to do with sun gazing? Our bodies only produce Vitamin D3 from the sun and we don't need to stare into the sun to get it and can get large amounts from supplements

Thats another reason why this knowledge is shunned and  withheld from the masses. Doing this cures many common ailments and is completely free.

Please enlighten us with this knowledge then!

Many Native American tribes practiced sun watching.

I (and any other logical person) don't buy into the argument that just because some ancient tribe did something ages ago, it must be good for us. Many ancient tribes practice barbaric rituals. Chinese traditional medicine slaughter endangered animals to get some bear liver bile, rhino horn or tigers penis etc. Were they right?

On a flat earth, when the sun is closest to the horizon, it is also the farthest away from you, making its rays less potent, and thefore safe for absorption

Humour me here, on the round earth model, would this practice still be safe?

Because sungazing is healthy for your pineal gland!

Ok... What happens to the pineal gland when exposed to sunlight? Don't give another 'non answer' like 'it decalcifies it'. How does the pineal gland do that from sun gazing and how do these benefits offset the risk. How is the 2 related?

I keep telling you what it does. The pineal is the origin of all human thought, and sungazing strengthens it immensely. Why? The pineal is light sensitive, thats why its also called the third eye! So by exercising the seat of your soul, your soul is strengthened.

This is not an answer. Even if you are right about it being 'light sensitive' (it's not for primates but is for birds, frogs and reptiles) that doesn't mean you need to need to stare at a massive UV emitting source. I could get the same effect then staring at a bright LED. I'll add an IR lamp to simulate the heat. Tell me why I need to expose my sensitive eyeballs and optic nerve to UV radiation. Melatonin production can be switched on or off in the presence of just visible light. It doesn't need UV and doesn't need one to gaze into the light source.

Sun gazing provides the pineal with the energy required to create a nourish the body with its own naturally made chemicals.

More statements without references or explanations

Much like the skin absorbs substances easily, so to can your eyes absorb energy easily through sunlight.

Absorbing ionising radiation is what we want less of. Not deliberately seek

Looking directly at the sun during the correct times, is beneficial to the human body

Looking at the sun is good for you.  :)

Seriously.

Im not trying to do anything other than spread the good knowledge I have obtained through experience.

Stare at the sun at sun up and sun down.

It cleanses your pineal gland.

You can not believe that sungazing provides benefits all you want, but the fact is it does.

I answer every question. You simply pose the same ones over and over.

Maybe you are young and don't know the right way to answer thoroughly. To answer a question such as 'How does sun gazing work' saying 'it works' is not an answer

There is a reason why 18 pages later people are still asking the question. Because it has not been answered.

So just answer me these because health and wellbeing is my keen interest.

When sun gazing, is the UV light involved in the benefits?

If yes, how does it work?
If no, can we use another light source?

What is the relationship between sun gazing and decalcifying the pineal gland? What exactly is going on here?

Can you provide any references to how this works (not citing Amerindian or ancient rituals but modern day research)

18 pages and people are still non the wiser to the workings of your suggestion of gun gazing.

I still believe the 'freedom' and 'clarity' one gets from sun gazing is more to do with the fresh open air, relaxation and meditation followed by a beautiful aesthetic scenery. Most people who live in inland cities never get time or a suitable place to see a sunrise/set as mountains or buildings get in the way. Those who see it over the ocean for example could also be benefiting from the salty negatively ion filled air. Those people who do have the opportunity to see a sunrise/sunset probably live a less hectic therefore less stressed lifestyle. You need to consider all the mitigating circumstances that have far more credibility in lending weight to feeling better. 'Sun gazing' may have nothing to do with the reason people feel good after a session. The quiet time, opportunity, pretty aesthetic and fresh air is what does the trick. I guarantee if you looked at the pretty clouds or the waves crashing against the rocks etc you would feel just as great.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:18:17 PM by Shifter »

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2017, 06:33:41 PM »
18 pages and people are still non the wiser to the workings of your suggestion of gun gazing.

Thats because youre not reading the thread and making false claims over and over, and in the process burying the answer tp exactly what your asking for under mountains of shitposts.

Nobody else has trouble comprehending that but you, Shifter.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
I also.
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
I only started in this thread from page 13. You haven't answered anyone. You have not substantiated anything but ignore everyone and tell them they are wrong without any evidence to the contrary.

Can you not answer my simple questions?

Know your place

« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
It is not a quick process. It is not instantly refreshing nor rejuvenating. It is healing and nourishing, and it takes time and adherence. That's why it is so easily dismissed. Sure I could post some phony balogna site about how it does this or that, maybe its not balogna, but you wouldnt believe it anyway. Sometimes someones word is more convincing than evidence from the most reputable source.

Actually, that is NEVER true.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »
Fliggs he's just a kid.

Go beat up some teenagers to boost your confidence if you need it so badly.

I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
Fliggs he's just a kid.

Go beat up some teenagers to boost your confidence if you need it so badly.

Chasing me all over the forum...   Clearly you need some help. Maybe a therapist or... a job perhaps?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
Slow day at work.

Are you still LARPing?
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »
Slow day at work.

Are you still LARPing?

It is certainly entertaining that you seem so engrossed in me despite not even having posted for a couple months. Maybe my assessment of some of the posters here was so spot-on that I offended you. And while you might be in the middle of your period, take the tampon out your ass and grow up. Stop acting like a petulant child.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
No.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »
No.

Then leave it in. Just change every 12 hours.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2017, 08:19:09 PM »
LARP.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »
LARP.

Stunning comeback. Possibly the best comeback since Trump last said 'huuuuuuuge'.