Looking at the sun is good for you.

• 603 Replies
?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
Re: Looking at the sun is good for you.
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2016, 05:27:57 PM »
Seriously? That's the worst dirt you can find on me? How long did it take you to scour through my posts to find that gem? I'll tell you how long - long enough you could've answered how the FE sun works. But instead, you dodge the question and say it's off topic. But my impolite post "flathead is a troll" somehow is?
Flat Earth Scientist was a troll, nobody here will deny that. Just as I suspect nobody here will deny you are as well.

Achem... That's your defense? Hahaha hahaha. "I know I've said much worse" hahahahaha You are such an idiot. How long did it take me? I went to your first post and went along until you started insulting people. It didn't take long. Not a single sentence in reference to the Native Americans? You have nothing to say that's relevant to my thread? And you call me a troll?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »
Not to derail... But what about my response to you?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2016, 06:09:10 PM »
I feel the thread about looking directly at the sun, and alcoholic beverages being full of propanol, made it to its natural state of existence.

I kinda stopped taking you seriously when you pretty much said my thread belongs in oblivion, filled with your mom jokes.

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »
Seriously? That's the worst dirt you can find on me? How long did it take you to scour through my posts to find that gem? I'll tell you how long - long enough you could've answered how the FE sun works. But instead, you dodge the question and say it's off topic. But my impolite post "flathead is a troll" somehow is?
Flat Earth Scientist was a troll, nobody here will deny that. Just as I suspect nobody here will deny you are as well.

Achem... That's your defense? Hahaha hahaha. "I know I've said much worse" hahahahaha You are such an idiot. How long did it take me? I went to your first post and went along until you started insulting people. It didn't take long. Not a single sentence in reference to the Native Americans? You have nothing to say that's relevant to my thread? And you call me a troll?
Quite the contrary! You have only proven my point - you won't find much. If calling someone a troll is insulting them, well then I'm guilty. That particular quote you pulled was from months ago. I don't use foul language. You might see me once or twice, but I refrain 99% of the time. Unlike yourself.
What do native Americans have anything to do with this? And you're the one who started the irrelevant subjects in your thread, if  I'm not mistaken. And yes, you troll other people's threads. You derail with off topic subjects. Even just earlier today totallackey called you out on it. You started rambling on about 9/11 and then you were asked what does that have to do with his topic?
So, before you go pointing your finger at others, you might look at the other 3 fingers pointing back at yourself. Troll.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2016, 06:20:18 PM »
This is my thread. Kindly explain how or why I would derail my own thread. Native Americans were sungazers. Read the link. Troll.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
I feel the thread about looking directly at the sun, and alcoholic beverages being full of propanol, made it to its natural state of existence.

I kinda stopped taking you seriously when you pretty much said my thread belongs in oblivion, filled with your mom jokes.

Well I guess that answers that. You have no explanation for how the sun works in FE, certainly not one that agrees with measured light spectrum output and the effects of those wavelengths on the human body, and posting with substance here is clearly no more productive than posting nonsense.

So being able to actually measure the wavelengths of light emitted by the sun, and the effect of certain wavelengths on various parts of our body upon exposure, is anti-FE? I disagree. After all, zeteticism is supposed to be based on testing and verifying the things we can test and verify. Testing the light spectrum from the sun, and the effects of UV rays on our body, is something you can do with elementary school equipment and a willing victim participant (I say that mostly in jest, sun burns probably won't be your undoing, but blindness from staring at the sun certainly is a possible downside to consider).

Please, explain how the sun works in FE. How can one test your hypothesis without exposing themself to risk of the hypothesis is wrong? What results do you have that you can share (not anecdotes, please)?

I also am not boydster.

Edit: DAMMIT. How do I change the name of the poster to one of my other accounts?

More seriously: relax dude, conversations with multiple people on an internet forum shouldn't surprise you, this is a public discussion after all.

And the question of how the FE works is a valid one. The ice-rim map has a really weird light/dark pattern as it changes throughout the year. That aside, we can detect ultraviolet light in the sun's light spectrum. We can test what exposure to UV light of different wavelengths does to our skin, hair, and even eyes. There are people who have actually gone blind from looking at the sun, and others whose vision has been damaged. And the website you posted as a reference is not a solid primary source of research-quality information - surely you wouldn't disagree about that, right?

So again, the question of how the sun works in FE is valid. Then testing that model of the sun and comparing expectations to measurements is important. And doing so without putting people at risk of damaging their eyes should be paramount.

That's cool though. Whatever. Good luck with the sun.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
Boydster, for the last time, this is not a thread about celestial mechanics. What I am speaking about is not concerned about where the sun moves or how, but its effects ok the human body. If you feel compelled to continue spamming my thread with irrelevant questions, I will happily post links to threads answering the question you so desperately need answered. Seeing as how you are too lazy to do so yourself.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »
11 out of 10 ophthalmologists think Arealhumanbeing is retarted.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
11 out of 10 ophthalmologists think Arealhumanbeing is retarted.

Learn to spell, troll. Good heavens, any globulshitter can post the most rancid utter garbage and get away with it.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »
Boydster, for the last time, this is not a thread about celestial mechanics. What I am speaking about is not concerned about where the sun moves or how, but its effects ok the human body. If you feel compelled to continue spamming my thread with irrelevant questions, I will happily post links to threads answering the question you so desperately need answered. Seeing as how you are too lazy to do so yourself.

No, it's about the sun and how staring at it won't make you blind. I'm interested in how the light emitted by the sun won't harm your eyes when you stare at it for 45 minutes. Tell me about the UV light and the rest of the light spectrum and how we can test the way the sun affects our bodies without putting real people at risk of bodily harm to find differences between what you are professing and what "main stream science" says. Forget about celestial mechanics.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »
On a flat earth, when the sun is closest to the horizon, it is also the farthest away from you, making its rays less potent, and thefore safe for absorption.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2016, 07:01:28 PM »
On a flat earth, when the sun is closest to the horizon, it is also the farthest away from you, making its rays less potent, and thefore safe for absorption.

How much less potent, quantitatively? I'd like to see some citation to actual measurements that differ from the traditional model's predictions of how the sun behaves. What kind of UV exposure do you get over 45 minutes in your model and at what point (say, degrees above horizon, for example, and a range is fine here - expected, in fact) is that measurement taken?

?

Woody

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:27 PM »
I hope the OP at least considered what people who basically dedicated a good portion of their lives to studying what is good and bad for the eyes say.

OP you also need to consider UV light the sun emits.  Same as during a cloudy day and you can get sun burn you can damage your eyes looking at the Sun at its rise and set.  Yes the decrease in the visible light makes it easier, but the light you can not detect may be doing the damage.

If the OP is wrong and doing this every day they may just be slowing damaging their eyes.  Leading to problems down the road.

Just I thought why not just try getting up in the morning and witnessing the sun rise without the looking directly at it? I make a point of doing it almost every morning now and find it a great way to start the day.

Are you sure you are not getting the results you are just because you are out and witnessing the Sun set and rise?  Many studies suggest it is good for your mental health with no need to stare directly at the sun.  Same for things like sitting in a garden or looking at beautiful landscapes.

If baby would not naturally stare at the Sun it is likely not something natural and good for you.

Did you have to condition yourself to be able to drink water? Eat fresh fruits or vegetables? Breath? Things your body is meant to naturally do and beneficial for survival tend not requiring you to condition yourself to do them. 

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »
Pro Tip:  Squirt some SPF50 sunscreen in your eyes first.

Underrated post.

When did we start rating posts?

My average rating for your posts is 2.37 out of 10

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2016, 07:50:19 AM »
If baby would not naturally stare at the Sun it is likely not something natural and good for you.

Babies don't naturally walk either what's your point.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »
Pro Tip:  Squirt some SPF50 sunscreen in your eyes first.

Underrated post.

When did we start rating posts?

My average rating for your posts is 2.37 out of 10

Trolololololololol you fake piece of shit Bill Nye. You are a poster child for the glubullshitters. Keep your off topic posts out of my thread.

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »

How many consecutive days have you been staring at the sunrise and sunset?

After how many days did you notice a difference?

How many minutes a day do you spend looking at the sun?

Could you describe, in great detail, precisely what you personally feel when you stare at the sun?

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »
You have some nerve calling other people rude, and pointing out how they are insulting others. Your own posts speak for themselves. And that's why you're a troll.

?

Woody

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2016, 08:03:05 AM »

Babies don't naturally walk either what's your point.

Around 12-13 months most babies are walking.

?

Arealhumanbeing

?

Woody

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2016, 08:26:49 AM »
Yeah, its something they have to learn. Just like sun gazing.

Let's try this way.

If it is natural and beneficial staring at the sun, how many animals have been observed doing it?

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »

Could you describe, in great detail, precisely what you personally feel when you stare at the sun?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2016, 08:32:01 AM »

Let's try this way.

If it is natural and beneficial staring at the sun, how many animals have been observed doing it?

You think we are monkeys? Evolution has been disproven. We are heavenly beings incomparable to animals.

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2016, 08:38:33 AM »

Let's try this way.

You think we are monkeys? Evolution has been disproven. We are heavenly beings incomparable to animals.

So our eyes have magic Jesus goop in them?

Is that why staring at the sun is beneficial to us and not to animals?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2016, 08:44:21 AM »
You know reptiles love to bask in the sun. I cannot say that they are not looking at it, can you?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2016, 09:06:39 AM »
You know reptiles love to bask in the sun. I cannot say that they are not looking at it, can you?

Yes.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »

How much less potent, quantitatively? I'd like to see some citation to actual measurements that differ from the traditional model's predictions of how the sun behaves. What kind of UV exposure do you get over 45 minutes in your model and at what point (say, degrees above horizon, for example, and a range is fine here - expected, in fact) is that measurement taken?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »
Please do not stare at the sun.

*stared at sun all day*

what's this say, Space Cowgirl? I can't see it if I look directly at it... Release no dare alt sum...??
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2016, 06:41:42 PM »
I cannot say that they are not looking at it, can you?

There are lots of things one cannot say.

For instance I cannot say whether or not there is a fully intact ceramic tea set from the Ming dynasty currently buried somewhere in Oklahoma. It is incredibly unlikely, although it is certainly possible.

It is also possible that reptiles stare at the sun. However, no animal has ever been observed staring at the sun. Period.