Looking at the sun is good for you.

• 603 Replies
Re: Looking at the sun is good for you.
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »
Well good, maybe you'll enjoy the solar eclipse that will occur August 21, 2017. You'll get a good look at the diamond ring both coming and going, and the coronal ring. I myself will have to drive about 8 hours to the north, but I'm thinking it'll be worth it. I've never seen a total solar eclipse.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »
What would the world be like if people did not consume Mcdonalds, or Hershey bars, and Cocainecola...? What would it be like if people could overcome the addictive substances and poisonous chemicals injected into products like these? They put these poisons in our food and water to keep us docile, dependent, and drugged... They make us more compliant, less creative and cradles an environment shapable to their every need. Think I am crazy? Thats ok, I would have thought the same thing not so long ago. Ever wonder why Mcdonalds used a clown as their mascot? They're laughing at you! Its a joke! Their food is not real! But you'll eat it anyway, because you saw a funny commercial and its cheap. Are you tired everyday? Working too much? Headaches all the time? Always worried about the future? Want to end all the exhaustion? Get up early and watch the sun rise! Sunset too if you have the time. Your head will clear, you'll feel energetic, you'll worry no more! Things you wanted to do tomorrow, next week, next month... they get done today! Watch the sun, and you'll watch your life blossom into what you've always dreamed!

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
What would the world be like if people did not consume Mcdonalds, or Hershey bars, and Cocainecola...? What would it be like if people could overcome the addictive substances and poisonous chemicals injected into products like these? They put these poisons in our food and water to keep us docile, dependent, and drugged... They make us more compliant, less creative and cradles an environment shapable to their every need. Think I am crazy? Thats ok, I would have thought the same thing not so long ago. Ever wonder why Mcdonalds used a clown as their mascot? They're laughing at you! Its a joke! Their food is not real! But you'll eat it anyway, because you saw a funny commercial and its cheap. Are you tired everyday? Working too much? Headaches all the time? Always worried about the future? Want to end all the exhaustion? Get up early and watch the sun rise! Sunset too if you have the time. Your head will clear, you'll feel energetic, you'll worry no more! Things you wanted to do tomorrow, next week, next month... they get done today! Watch the sun, and you'll watch your life blossom into what you've always dreamed!

I certainly agree with much of this post though I'm not going to wade in and try to analyze which parts I do or don't agree with.

But you still shouldn't look at the sun unless using the appropriate filters.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
I have not gone blind, in fact just the opposite.

The opposite of going blind would be gaining vision.

"I once was blind
but now I see"

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2016, 11:36:22 PM »
How long have you been sungazing? How long do you look at it. How has it helped you?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2016, 11:04:45 AM »
Only look at the sun in the hour after sunrise and the hour before sunset. Start with short intermittent glances, and take deep breathes. Increase exposure as you feel comfortable doing so. At no time should should you experience pain in your eyes, if you do stop! The sun may be too far above the horizon.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
Pro Tip:  Squirt some SPF50 sunscreen in your eyes first.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2016, 02:57:43 PM »
Only look at the sun in the hour after sunrise and the hour before sunset. Start with short intermittent glances, and take deep breathes. Increase exposure as you feel comfortable doing so. At no time should should you experience pain in your eyes, if you do stop! The sun may be too far above the horizon.
But the Flat Earth sun can never be lower than about 15° above the horizon - bit of simple maths, but of course maths is apparently verboten for "real human beings".

And if you start repeating words :'( too too :'( often you definitely have had :'( too too :'( much sun on your head and you really ";) should should  ;)" cover up up!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2016, 04:23:24 PM »
But the Flat Earth sun can never be lower than about 15° above the horizon - bit of simple maths, but of course maths is apparently verboten for "real human beings".

And if you start repeating words :'( too too :'( often you definitely have had :'( too too :'( much sun on your head and you really ";) should should  ;)" cover up up!
::)
God is real.                                         

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »

Underrated post.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »

Underrated post.

When did we start rating posts? 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2016, 08:11:22 PM »

Underrated post.

When did we start rating posts?
Ever since his mom rated me, I mean you a 10.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:37:54 AM by hoppy »
God is real.                                         

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »
I am extremely offended by where my thread has gone. Your mom jokes? Nothing to add other than "your opinion is dumb" and "squirt some sunscreen in your eyes". I have been rebuked for being young and voicing my opinion here. Why is this childish nonsense rampant on this website? Is it because there are many small kids making accounts? Unlikely. Is it because there are many grown men who do not like what is being spoken about here? Much more likely.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »
I feel the thread about looking directly at the sun, and alcoholic beverages being full of propanol, made it to its natural state of existence.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »
I am extremely offended by where my thread has gone. Your mom jokes? Nothing to add other than "your opinion is dumb" and "squirt some sunscreen in your eyes". I have been rebuked for being young and voicing my opinion here. Why is this childish nonsense rampant on this website? Is it because there are many small kids making accounts? Unlikely. Is it because there are many grown men who do not like what is being spoken about here? Much more likely.

You wanna know what's cooler than sungazing? Snowburning!

“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
Coneheads reinforce the idea of space travel and aliens... Even if you did not catch that, your subconscious did...Everything we eat is because of the sun. It provides us with energy warmth and light. Yet we are told to hide ourselves from it as much as possible... It is deadly... Fear it... Always be protected from it... Bit backwards, says I!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2016, 06:12:53 PM »
Coneheads reinforce the idea of space travel and aliens... Even if you did not catch that, your subconscious did...Everything we eat is because of the sun. It provides us with energy warmth and light. Yet we are told to hide ourselves from it as much as possible... It is deadly... Fear it... Always be protected from it... Bit backwards, says I!

Did I say something that led you to believe I didn't think space travel is real, or extra terrestrial life possible?

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »
quote author=boydster link=topic=68636.msg1849797#msg1849797 date=1482199973]

Did I say something that led you to believe I didn't think space travel is real, or extra terrestrial life possible?
[/quote]

No, I said what I said because it leads me to think that you will not believe anything other than the globe in space  theory no matter what argument or evidence is presented to you.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
What argument or evidence did you present here for FE? I thought this was about staring at the sun and drinking rubbing alcohol?

Have you missed me telling another angry globularist over the last couple days that his venom-filled posts about how stupid FEers are, are mostly poorly researched and not nearly the "irrefutable proofs" he claims them to be? Because I'm not as close-minded as you seem to think I am. I just don't condone staring the sun. And I stand by that.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »
You are close minded. I could claim there are many flat earth proofs that are not as concrete as they should be, but that doesn't make me open minded. The sun on a flat earth operates much differently than the indoctrinated version, and sungazing makes much more sense once that is understood. So it has much to do with the FE theory.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
So being able to actually measure the wavelengths of light emitted by the sun, and the effect of certain wavelengths on various parts of our body upon exposure, is anti-FE? I disagree. After all, zeteticism is supposed to be based on testing and verifying the things we can test and verify. Testing the light spectrum from the sun, and the effects of UV rays on our body, is something you can do with elementary school equipment and a willing victim participant (I say that mostly in jest, sun burns probably won't be your undoing, but blindness from staring at the sun certainly is a possible downside to consider).

Please, explain how the sun works in FE. How can one test your hypothesis without exposing themself to risk of the hypothesis is wrong? What results do you have that you can share (not anecdotes, please)?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:01:34 PM by boydster »

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2016, 10:02:09 PM »
You should know how the sun works. How long have you been here? Why do you ask the same questions over and over. Yes I agree, staring at the sun at the wrong times can cause blindness. But you act like that alone is proof that I am wrong! Water ingestion can kill you too. Or eating, or even breathing. Everything we do is dangerous to some degree.

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:58 AM »
You should know how the sun works. How long have you been here? Why do you ask the same questions over and over. Yes I agree, staring at the sun at the wrong times can cause blindness. But you act like that alone is proof that I am wrong! Water ingestion can kill you too. Or eating, or even breathing. Everything we do is dangerous to some degree.
No, I'd say we really don't know how the FE sun works. For instance, could you please explain why the sun orbits above us in an ever decreasing circular orbit (summer in northern hemisphere) and then stops getting smaller, and then starts moving outward, in an ever increasing orbit towards the equator, and then reaches its largest circular orbit over the tropic of Capricorn. And then, repeats this over again and again? Spiraling in, and spiraling out, in, out. That breaks all the laws of physics concerning the conservation of momentum, and probably conservation of energy.
So yeah, explain why the sun seems to obey its FE boundaries. That's a start. If you can do that, you might start to be taken seriously.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2016, 07:05:56 AM »
Who's "we". Are you and boydster really the same person? Why are you answering for him... I swear those opposing a flat earth seem to have their own collective knowledge they reffer to as "we".

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 09:23:23 AM »
We are the ones who know flat earth to be false, yet find it curiously entertaining.
I am not boydster, I assure you. I'm not positive if he's in the US, but if he is, a quick look at either profile will probably show different time zones, but I'm not positive, and don't really care. For the record, I'm in the CST.
I also noticed you didn't have anything to say about my question concerning the sun. Perhaps you do not have the answer?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
I also am not boydster.

Edit: DAMMIT. How do I change the name of the poster to one of my other accounts?

More seriously: relax dude, conversations with multiple people on an internet forum shouldn't surprise you, this is a public discussion after all.

And the question of how the FE works is a valid one. The ice-rim map has a really weird light/dark pattern as it changes throughout the year. That aside, we can detect ultraviolet light in the sun's light spectrum. We can test what exposure to UV light of different wavelengths does to our skin, hair, and even eyes. There are people who have actually gone blind from looking at the sun, and others whose vision has been damaged. And the website you posted as a reference is not a solid primary source of research-quality information - surely you wouldn't disagree about that, right?

So again, the question of how the sun works in FE is valid. Then testing that model of the sun and comparing expectations to measurements is important. And doing so without putting people at risk of damaging their eyes should be paramount.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
We are the ones who know flat earth to be false, yet find it curiously entertaining.

How do you know without doubt that flat earth is false? You are very rude to people here for someone just looking for entertainment.

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »

How do you know without doubt that flat earth is false? You are very rude to people here for someone just looking for entertainment.
I will answer you when you can show me where I've been rude. I'm actually quote polite compared to many.
This is also the 3rd time you've dodged my question about how the FE sun works. I suspect that's why you continue changing the subject..

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
quote author=IonSpen link=topic=68022.msg1825309#msg1825309 date=1474561429]
Flat head is a troll.
[/quote]

What a polite and productive post. Do go on about how nice you are. Don't bother answering my question. I dont really care what fools think. This thread is about sun watching, not sun mechanics. There are plenty of threads discussing what you wish to know from me. Many Native American tribes practiced sun watching. I bet they would not have done so if they all went blind.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MryjN_Z8z0QC&pg=PA85&lpg=PA85&dq=ancient+sun+watching&source=bl&ots=H2LXINzHE8&sig=Ua10kbETTm9wvGwtyvNZTpnkI8c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnr_Wz_oPRAhVU7mMKHRRHBWYQ6AEIQzAK#v=onepage&q=ancient%20sun%20watching&f=false

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2016, 05:18:48 PM »
quote author=IonSpen link=topic=68022.msg1825309#msg1825309 date=1474561429]
Flat head is a troll.

What a polite and productive post. Do go on about how nice you are. Don't bother answering my question. I dont really care what fools think. This thread is about sun watching, not sun mechanics. There are plenty of threads discussing what you wish to know from me. Many Native American tribes practiced sun watching. I bet they would not have done so if they all went blind.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MryjN_Z8z0QC&pg=PA85&lpg=PA85&dq=ancient+sun+watching&source=bl&ots=H2LXINzHE8&sig=Ua10kbETTm9wvGwtyvNZTpnkI8c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnr_Wz_oPRAhVU7mMKHRRHBWYQ6AEIQzAK#v=onepage&q=ancient%20sun%20watching&f=false
[/quote]
Seriously? That's the worst dirt you can find on me? How long did it take you to scour through my posts to find that gem? I'll tell you how long - long enough you could've answered how the FE sun works. But instead, you dodge the question and say it's off topic. But my impolite post "flathead is a troll" somehow is?
Flat Earth Scientist was a troll, nobody here will deny that. Just as I suspect nobody here will deny you are as well.