Faking the moon landing impossible

• 457 Replies
Re: Faking the moon landing impossible
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »
Scepti, maybe you should again describe what the so called moon really is, so the rationally thinking people will know. Will rationally thinking people even understand the moon is simply a reflection of the so called carbon arc sun off the so called dome? Or that the sun itself is also a reflection of the so called carbon arc center earth sun?
And just why exactly is the moon so dim if it's merely a reflection of the sun to begin with (never mind the actual phases)? Would you mind explaining this to the rational thinkers since we're on the subject of the moon?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2017, 02:04:33 AM »
Scepti, maybe you should again describe what the so called moon really is, so the rationally thinking people will know. Will rationally thinking people even understand the moon is simply a reflection of the so called carbon arc sun off the so called dome? Or that the sun itself is also a reflection of the so called carbon arc center earth sun?
And just why exactly is the moon so dim if it's merely a reflection of the sun to begin with (never mind the actual phases)? Would you mind explaining this to the rational thinkers since we're on the subject of the moon?
If you're desperate then put up a topic.
This one is about the supposed moon landing shenanigans of which I'm questioning the actual suits.
Unless you can find me the bladder that they used in the supposed 1969 so called Apollo moon suits.

Those suits are nonsense.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2017, 04:32:21 AM »
If you're desperate then put up a topic.
This one is about the supposed moon landing shenanigans of which I'm questioning the actual suits.
Unless you can find me the bladder that they used in the supposed 1969 so called Apollo moon suits.

Those suits are nonsense.

It's already been pointed out to you that it was the earlier Mercury suits, based on high altitude aircraft flight suits used in things like the X-15, that had their own pressure garment that worked by constricting the skin. The Gemini and Apollo suits had a liquid cooling garment then a multi-layer suit that acted as the pressure garment, with a suit pressure running on pure oxygen at 3.7 psi.

Please provide any supporting evidence you have to demonstrate that the suits would not have worked as designed. Lots of evidence has been provided to show that the suits worked, and Google can furnish you with even more information about them. Now it's your turn to show that you have bothered to read that information and can construct a logical criticism of why they couldn't function in the way that the literature says they did.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #243 on: April 15, 2017, 04:38:17 AM »

It's already been pointed out to you that it was the earlier Mercury suits, based on high altitude aircraft flight suits used in things like the X-15, that had their own pressure garment that worked by constricting the skin. The Gemini and Apollo suits had a liquid cooling garment then a multi-layer suit that acted as the pressure garment, with a suit pressure running on pure oxygen at 3.7 psi.

Please provide any supporting evidence you have to demonstrate that the suits would not have worked as designed. Lots of evidence has been provided to show that the suits worked, and Google can furnish you with even more information about them. Now it's your turn to show that you have bothered to read that information and can construct a logical criticism of why they couldn't function in the way that the literature says they did.
I'm happy to 100% know those suits are useless other than for gimmicks.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2017, 04:49:15 AM »

I'm happy to 100% know those suits are useless other than for gimmicks.

You don't know that, you believe it.

Seeing is you don't seem able to provide any support for your beliefs, here's a couple of links to help people who aren't quite so blinkered.

https://www.asme.org/wwwasmeorg/media/ResourceFiles/AboutASME/Who%20We%20Are/Engineering%20History/Landmarks/ApolloBR.pdf

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-SuitConvolutes.html

At least some of the confusion about the pressurised bit of the Apollo suit is that in its entirety it tends to be to referred to as a pressure garment.

The pressurised part of the suit is the TLSA, the Torso and Limb Suit Assembly, which was flexible enough to play American football in. On top of that are the layers that protect against micrometeorite and provide thermal insulation, all topped off in the white 'Beta cloth' based on Teflon.

Any information you can provide to demonstrate that the suit wouldn't have worked would be fine. If it doesn't arrive people can draw their own conclusions about how reliable your version of events is.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2017, 05:01:29 AM »

Seeing is you don't seem able to provide any support for your beliefs, here's a couple of links to help people who aren't quite so blinkered.

https://www.asme.org/wwwasmeorg/media/ResourceFiles/AboutASME/Who%20We%20Are/Engineering%20History/Landmarks/ApolloBR.pdf

At least some of the confusion about the pressurised bit of the Apollo suit is that in its entirety it tends to be to referred to as a pressure garment.

The pressurised part of the suit is the TLSA, the Torso and Limb Suit Assembly, which was flexible enough to play American football in. On top of that are the layers that protect against micrometeorite and provide thermal insulation, all topped off in the white 'Beta cloth' based on Teflon.

Any information you can provide to demonstrate that the suit wouldn't have worked would be fine. If it doesn't arrive people can draw their own conclusions about how reliable your version of events is.
I can show you a picture of any suit. I can tell you that the suit stops hot molten metal or that you can dive to a depth of 10,000 feet in it or fall from a cliff and it'll protect you.
Add in as many extras as you want.
I can give reasons why it can do all this by telling stories and showing nonsense videos.

That's all it is.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2017, 06:30:42 AM »

I can show you a picture of any suit. I can tell you that the suit stops hot molten metal or that you can dive to a depth of 10,000 feet in it or fall from a cliff and it'll protect you.
I can give reasons why it can do all this by telling stories and showing nonsense videos.

That's all it is.

You should learn to think for yourself and quit blindly trusting your intuition. It isn't always right you know.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

onebigmonkey

« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »

That's all it is.

So that's a no show then.

You can tell me your so-called suit has any property you want, but I'm going to want proof from you that it has that property. I'm not just going to accept nonsense fairy stories on your say so.

You've been provided with all kinds if information about space suits showing their construction and testing in the same environment in which they would be used (ie a vacuum). Much more information can be found elsewhere with very little effort on your part. Nothing from you to demonstrate that they could not perform as described. How come I have to provide proof and you don't? How come you can demand answers but don't have to provide any?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »
I am happy to point out that I have also been confused about how the different suits were constructed.

Yeah; I noticed.

Happily, none of your tl;dr shill-spoo matters, as NASA's own recordings prove they didn't even take any 'shpayze-syootzez' to teh munn anyway...

Which saves us a lot of mad bullshit circular fol-de-rol about an event that defies every single law of physics (whilst 'coincidentally' being obedient to every single law of military-industrial propaganda mind-rape).

I imagine you & your sock-army will now feel the need to leap around your shill-cage, flinging monkey-poo at me, for a tl;dr post or ten...

Please bear in mind I will ignore your psychotic nonsense & laugh at you for doing so.

Thank you please!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2017, 07:35:04 PM »
Please bear in mind I will ignore your psychotic nonsense & laugh at you for doing so.
And what should we do with all psychotic nonsense that pours from the Haitian Voodoo Priest and his Mambo?
What's her name again? Something or other Rotunda I think, though she was the Jekyll to your Hyde!

Is this a good likeness?

;D ;D Lost your sense of humour while on your long vacation?  ;D ;D

Though, if my memory serves me correctly, a sense of humour was the least of your failings.
By the way I found the ideal avatar for you

The Ritual Symbols of Voodoo
The veve . . . .  represents the Voodoo loa Papa Legba,
who is the gatekeeper to the spirit world
Have a nice day voodoo lua.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »
STFU Geoff.

Look - no shpayze-syootzez:

Oops - major continuity error detected!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2017, 05:34:47 AM »
STFU Geoff.

Look - no shpayze-syootzez:

Oops - major continuity error detected!
What are you getting at? 

Do you think that the astronauts wore their space suits all the way to and from lunar orbit? 

I don't think that anyone at NASA ever claimed that they did.

They wore their space suits during liftoff, while in the LEM for landing, EVA and takeoff, and maybe during reentry.  The vast majority of the trip was with their suits off.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »
What are you getting at?

Well for a start I'm 'getting at' you not watching the video...

Nothing new there.

For a second, I'm 'getting at' you replying to a post I originally addressed to onebigmonkey...

Again; nothing new there, as you & he are clearly the same person.

Anyhoo; the shpayzemenn got INTO their shpayze-capsyool wearing their shpayze-syootzez...

THEN they all somehow got OUT of their shpayze-syootzez (a very difficult manouvre in such a cramped space btw) & got into some kind of silly jacket & trews ensemble, for no reason whatsoever...

The bulky shpayze-syootzez & helmetzez themselves then DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY for the rest of the voyage, as is evidenced by the video, where there is no sight of them whatsoever...

Look again - SHPAYZE-SYOOTZEZ? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING SHPAYZE-SYOOTZEZ!!!

There's also a particularly lulzy & fake view of the Earth at 39 minutes, & the fact that the shpayze-menn are not actually doing anything meaningful throughout the entire video is also giggle-worthy...

It's a Surreal Comedy; but you just can't see it, can you?

Because you're paid not to...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:21 AM »
What are you getting at?

Well for a start I'm 'getting at' you not watching the video...
Am I supposed to apologize for not wanting to waste an hour and a half without knowing what I'm supposed to be looking for?

Anyhoo; the shpayzemenn got INTO their shpayze-capsyool wearing their shpayze-syootzez...

THEN they all somehow got OUT of their shpayze-syootzez (a very difficult manouvre in such a cramped space btw) & got into some kind of silly jacket & trews ensemble, for no reason whatsoever...
Maybe they got out of their space suits because they wouldn't need them for a few days.

The bulky shpayze-syootzez & helmetzez themselves then DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY for the rest of the voyage, as is evidenced by the video, where there is no sight of them whatsoever...
They put the suits away.  Just because you throw your clothes all over the place doesn't mean that the astronauts do.

Look again - SHPAYZE-SYOOTZEZ? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING SHPAYZE-SYOOTZEZ!!!
Why would they need the space suits for the long trip between the earth and moon?

There's also a particularly lulzy & fake view of the Earth at 39 minutes, & the fact that the shpayze-menn are not actually doing anything meaningful throughout the entire video is also giggle-worthy...
Just because you can't fathom the meaning of what they're doing doesn't mean that what they're doing has no meaning.

It's a Surreal Comedy; but you just can't see it, can you?
Then maybe you should lay of the ganja for a while.

Because you're paid not to...
Have you seen my paycheck?

onebigmonkey

« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »
Yeah that's right, the entire Apollo programme busted because someone forgot to invent storage space.

Oh...wait...

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11stowage.pdf

Completely lulzy image of Earth broadcast live on TV to Earth at 20:30 on July 17th 1969 and showing exactly what can be seen on two different weather satellites before those satellites had the images:

See also http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/images/print/AS11/36/5366.jpg

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2017, 10:28:13 AM »
<tl;dr gish-gallop snipped>

Do you really think I'm gonna read your military-industrial mind-rape propaganda bullshit onebigmarkjo?

I'm not some noob you can bully & tell to 'eat shit' you know?

Wtf is wrong with you?

Oh look; here's your sock-puppet with some mind-rape follow-through:

Yeah that's right, the entire Apollo programme busted because someone forgot to invent storage space.

Again; wtf is wrong with you?

The shpayze-capsyool is TINY...

The shpayze-syootzez are HUGE...

There was no 'storage space'; just watch the video ffs.

And your two 'photos' of Earth covered in mad polka-dots & meaningless arrows bear zero similarity to one another...

ZERO.

Why do you do this onebigmarkjo?

There are legal reasons for my asking this, onebigmarkjo, so answer carefully...

onebigmonkey

« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »

Oh look; here's your sock-puppet with some mind-rape follow-through:

I'm no-ones sock, moron.

Again; wtf is wrong with you?
The shpayze-capsyool is TINY...

The shpayze-syootzez are HUGE...

So is the storage space.

There was no 'storage space'; just watch the video ffs.

Google CSM storage space.

And your two 'photos' of Earth covered in mad polka-dots & meaningless arrows bear zero similarity to one another...

ZERO.

Blind as well as stupid?

Why do you do this onebigmonkey?

There are legal reasons for my asking this, onebigmonkey, so answer carefully...

Because the truth really annoys the crap out of morons.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »
<tl;dr gish-gallop snipped>

Do you really think I'm gonna read your military-industrial mind-rape propaganda bullshit onebigmarkjo?
Why not?  You expect us to read your's.

I'm not some noob you can bully & tell to 'eat shit' you know?
That doesn't stop you from bullying us and telling us to eat shit.

Wtf is wrong with you?
Me?  I'm not the one with obvious anger issues.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2017, 01:10:11 PM »
<total lunacy snipped>

You have gone completely insane...

Nothing you write makes sense.

You claim to have a Bsc (Hons) & a PhD, yet you cannot even multiply by zero...

<deranged ranting snipped>

You seem to think that if you increase the intensity of your mad shilling via sock-puppet it will make it true...

You are wrong.

Of course, the fact that you have been thoroughly dox'd on another website has nothing to do with your increasingly crazed preachifying on this one, does it?

Eh?

However, it does have something to do with the fact that I am now peeping through your windows on google streetview...

Which is lol.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
<total lunacy snipped>

You have gone completely insane...
Quite possible, but completely irrelevant.

Nothing you write makes sense.
How would you know if you don't read any of it?

You claim to have a Bsc (Hons) & a PhD...
I don't know about anyone else, but I have never made either claim.

<deranged ranting snipped>

You seem to think that if you increase the intensity of your mad shilling via sock-puppet it will make it true...
And you seem to think that if you ignore everything that everyone else says, then that makes you right.

It doesn't.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
<snip>

Desperate aintcha?

Only autists would believe anything you say...

Normal people are looking at your ramshackle cottage on google streetview & coming to the conclusion that being a NASA shill is a minimum wage job.

Any chance of fucking off & leaving me alone now you psycho?

Or should I call the police & ask them to intervene?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
Any chance of fucking off & leaving me alone now you psycho?
Nah.  You're too much fun to mess with.

Or should I call the police & ask them to intervene?
Once they see your behavior, I doubt that you'd like how they intervene.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2017, 01:52:02 PM »
<snip>

Are you an orphan?

You sound like one...

And we all know what the UK orphanage system was like in the 1960's...

Did you meet Jimmy Saville in person?

You seem like his kinda guy...

Did Jim 'fix it' for you?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
<snip>
Wake me up when you decide to get back on topic.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »

Nothing will ever wake you up, onebigmarkjo; you are human rohypnol...

A Rohypno-toad, perhaps?

Now; back to peeping through your windows on google streetview...

Might I ask the purpose of the cage in your backyard btw?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »

《《《《  deleted usual Voodoo implied threats  》》》》

Might I ask the purpose of the cage in your backyard btw?
;D ;D ;D ;D Irrelevant off-topic garbage, almost down to usual abysmal level ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »
I thought I'd heard it all but this is new to me.

Do people actually believe that faking the moon landings was impossible and it was easier to just send humans there instead?

On what basis is this claimed?

Here's my take on it:

Requirements to fake a moon landing:

• Film studio - available
  • Government controlled and monitored desert - available
  • Video camera - available
  • Extremely smart Hollywood producers - available
  • Full control over the live feed to the media - available
  • Camera speed control - available
  • Editing capabilities - available
  • Space shuttle to launch into orbit - available
  • Live footage from orbit - available
  • Ability to return from orbit - done

So how was it impossible? What exactly was impossible to fake?

This thread is about the possibility of faking it. Not whether it was faked or not.

Forgot one small detail - THE MOON ROCKS - Can't be faked!  There is no process on earth (then or now) that can produce an authentic moon rock.  The moon rock from the Apollo missions are REAL.  Period.

« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »
I thought I'd heard it all but this is new to me.

Do people actually believe that faking the moon landings was impossible and it was easier to just send humans there instead?

On what basis is this claimed?

Here's my take on it:

Requirements to fake a moon landing:

• Film studio - available
  • Government controlled and monitored desert - available
  • Video camera - available
  • Extremely smart Hollywood producers - available
  • Full control over the live feed to the media - available
  • Camera speed control - available
  • Editing capabilities - available
  • Space shuttle to launch into orbit - available
  • Live footage from orbit - available
  • Ability to return from orbit - done

So how was it impossible? What exactly was impossible to fake?

This thread is about the possibility of faking it. Not whether it was faked or not.

Forgot one small detail - THE MOON ROCKS - Can't be faked!  There is no process on earth (then or now) that can produce an authentic moon rock.  The moon rock from the Apollo missions are REAL.  Period.

1. Moon rock has nothing to do with "going to the moon is cheaper than faking it"
2. Moon rock cannot be confirmed as a moon rock without having another moon rock to analyse and compare
3. Obtaining moon rocks does NOT require a man to go and fetch it

So your logic is if I have a rock sample from inside a burning volcano then it means I went there in person and it's REAL.. period

This thread was concluded ages ago. The claim that it was cheaper to actually go than to fake it is grade A bullpoop.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2017, 06:32:46 PM »

Citation please. Which moonrock and which study?

Just curious.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #269 on: April 27, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »

Citation please. Which moonrock and which study?

Just curious.

This has useful info:

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/howdoweknow.htm
Any geoscientist (and there have been thousands from all over the world) who has studied lunar samples knows that anyone who thinks the Apollo lunar samples were created on Earth as part of government conspiracy doesn't know much about rocks. The Apollo samples are just too good. They tell a self-consistent story with a complexly interwoven plot that's better than any story any conspirator could have conceived. I've studied lunar rocks and soils for 45+ years and I couldn't make even a poor imitation of a lunar breccia, lunar soil, or a mare basalt in the lab. And with all due respect to my clever colleagues in government labs, no one in "the Government" could do it either, even now that we know what lunar rocks are like. Lunar samples show evidence of formation in an extremely dry environment with essentially no free oxygen and little gravity. Some have impact craters on the surface and many display evidence for a suite of unanticipated and complicated effects associated with large and small meteorite impacts. Lunar rocks and soil contain gases (hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, neon, argon, krypton, and xenon) derived from the solar wind with isotope ratios different than Earth forms of the same gases. They contain crystal damage from cosmic rays. Lunar igneous rocks have crystallization ages, determined by techniques involving radioisotopes, that are older than any known Earth rocks. (Anyone who figures out how to fake that is worthy of a Nobel Prize.) It was easier and cheaper to go to the Moon and bring back some rocks than it would have been to create all these fascinating features on Earth.