What do flat earthers have against evidence?

• 40 Replies
Re: What do flat earthers have against evidence?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
Science says, if I cannot re create the evidence, IT IS FALSE.
Okay, please recreate a sunset on a flat earth model.

Lol what are you talking about?

Im talking about reality, not a model made of tinker toys and paint.

and we are talking about a model of the reality.

you (and any other FEIB) do not have a explanation for the sun set and sun rise

as we can see at my question thread:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=70443.0

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
Lol why dont we talk about REALITY instead of models of it?

I could show you a model of a pink unicorn frolicking about in a field. But that doesnt make it reality.

So whats reality?

Oh i dont know, hows the fact that governments admit to spraying our skies to control GLOBAL warming....

But they aint spraying love juice up there, more like cancer powder.

Theyre posioning our food, water, and air.

Also,

They cannot go back to the moon! We lost the tech for it!

Oh but we can go to mars!!!

Because logic right? That makes sense, wave at the moon we cant land on folks as we fly by it to get to mars!

How about the FACT that many places across the world can be seen at distances that contradict the globe model.

There is no curvature.

None.

Anywhere.

So yeah. When I say i can make a blender render image of Earth thats exactly the same as NASAs and you say thats not proof we dont live on a ball, youre right.

But when I say there is no measurbale curvature to be found...

That IS proof we dont live on a ball.

Deal with it.

Embrace it.

Dont deny deny deny, because you have a hard on for space movies, space travel, NASA images, and want to slowly hump the government because they make the sweet sweet money that runs your life.

Theyre LAUGHING at you.
They treat you like a slave.
They own you.

And if you just want to stop reading this, go about your day like nothing is going on, then you deserve to be treated like a slave, you coward.

If you just want to ignore this and go back to your poisoned frozen dinner from hell, with a cocaine cola and watch your tellavision to escape the reality of it all, then I pity you.

You sad human zombie. I wish I could help you, but to every end of a spectrum there is an opposite end.

I am typing all this to HELP you to SAVE you. But there are those who will type much to CONDEMN you, to further TWIST your perception of reality, until you cannot percieve whats fact or fiction!

And thats what they want.

Trust yourself. Trust your instict. Trust your own two eyes.

Earth is flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 05:33:52 PM »
Because well crafted models can be used to demonstrate and explain how real world events work, like sunsets. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »

I could show you a model of a pink unicorn frolicking about in a field. But that doesnt make it reality.

So whats reality?

Oh i dont know, hows the fact that governments admit to spraying our skies to control GLOBAL warming....

Also,

Because logic right? That makes sense, wave at the moon we cant land on folks as we fly by it to get to mars!

How about the FACT that many places across the world can be seen at distances that contradict the globe model.

There is no curvature.

None.

Anywhere.

So yeah. When I say i can make a blender render image of Earth thats exactly the same as NASAs and you say thats not proof we dont live on a ball, youre right.

Deal with it.

Embrace it.

Dont deny deny deny, because you have a hard on for space movies, space travel, NASA images, and want to slowly hump the government because they make the sweet sweet money that runs your life.

Theyre LAUGHING at you.
They own you.

And if you just want to stop reading this, go about your day like nothing is going on, then you deserve to be treated like a slave, you coward.

If you just want to ignore this and go back to your poisoned frozen dinner from hell, with a cocaine cola and watch your tellavision to escape the reality of it all, then I pity you.

You sad human zombie. I wish I could help you, but to every end of a spectrum there is an opposite end.

I am typing all this to HELP you to SAVE you. But there are those who will type much to CONDEMN you, to further TWIST your perception of reality, until you cannot percieve whats fact or fiction!

Earth is flat.

you want to talk about reality?

ok, show us real evidence that the earth is flat.

i bet you will not be able to do so, you will come up with some lame excuse.

i can say you that i was a lot of time at Niagara on the Lake, and i see each time the effect of the earth curvature when i look towards Toronto.

either you put evidence on the table or shut the f... up.

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »

So whats reality?

Also,

There is no curvature.

None.

Anywhere.

Deal with it.

Embrace it.

Theyre LAUGHING at you.
They own you.

Earth is flat.

i can say you that i was a lot of time at Niagara on the Lake, and i see each time the effect of the earth curvature when i look towards Toronto.

Are you a robot? Is that why you typed something that sounded like you just short circuited?

I just gave you evidence. Places that should not be seen CAN BE SEEN.

Maybe youre too deluded to realize it... Im so sorry youre beyond saving...

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »

So whats reality?

Also,

There is no curvature.

None.

Anywhere.

Deal with it.

Embrace it.

Theyre LAUGHING at you.
They own you.

Earth is flat.

Are you a robot? Is that why you typed something that sounded like you just short circuited?

I just gave you evidence. Places that should not be seen CAN BE SEEN.

Maybe youre too deluded to realize it... Im so sorry youre beyond saving...

you gave us nothing than Bullshit.
it seems you do not know what an evidence is.

i can show to you the effect, i invite you to come here and i show it to you.

what can you show me?

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
One of the more convincing bits of evidence of a Round Earth is the horizon.  To a person on the ground,  the horizon is only 5 to 8 miles away, and stuff (like boats and planes and automobiles) going away disappears over the horizon.  If you travel toward the horizon, stuff begins to show - but stuff disappears over the horizon behind you.  It's as if you are continuously climbing over the top of a hill - which, in a way, is what is happening.

Now since it was pointed out the Flat Earthers also believe in presenting evidence for their side, I have to say that, at this point, the most convincing evidence for a Flat Earth -- and the evidence that nobody, of the hundreds (or thousands) of Flat Earthers, has produced is proof of where the horizon ends.  You know -  THE EDGE, the limit of the flat planet, the dropping off line,  the corner where the flat surface stops and the side turns down.  It ought to be in every direction, if you go far enough.  But nothing, not even an airplane photograph of it.  Imagine all the science and industry that could be developed from the sides of the flat planet - new resources, maybe new plants and animals, new rules of physics.  Here we are in the 21st century and FEers still haven't found The Edge.

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »

Can they? Show us your proof. Should be easy if it's a FACT. Please make sure you take atmospheric refraction into account now.
If I'm a complete Idiot for not believing in your Heliocentric fairytale then so be it.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 07:04:00 AM »
How ironic. Intikam, the most obvious controlled opposition plant, calling out others as being plants...

The only evidence globalists have is a plethora of increasingly fake looking images, and math that does not match observed reality.

Hey you! Do you still think the earth is a ball? Then you MUST think this cartoon above is REAL REAL REAL.

I could make this in Blender.
What math evidence have you seen that does not match physical reality?  What evidence, besides it looks flat, do you have of a flat earth?  How do you explain sunrise and sunset?  Perspective doesn't do it.

?

tomato

• Shine on you crazy diamonds.
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 07:18:45 AM »
There is a common theme on many of the threads on this forum and that is flat earthers who get really angry and upset when asked for evidence to support the things they keep TELLING round earthers to support their fanciful claims.

Most if not all of what flat earthers produce to back up their flat earth claims are what I would term 'negative or high entropy evidence'  in that they will look at a picture of a rocket, something on the moon, a picture of the earth, you all know the drill  and then proceede to point out all the things they see wrong, that in their minds makes it false or a hoax, depending on how they feel. This negative evidence is almost exclusively what they depend upon. Rather than supply first hand or low entropy evidence they just keep feeding off high entropy second hand shit. Look through the threads here and most of them take this shape, round earthers SHOWING lots of evidence and flat earther denying the evidence and TELLING them why it can't be true.

What I would like to see for once is proper evidence and some, I will SHOW you mine if you will SHOW me yours.

Antartica is always something that causes real problems in that flat earthers have a lot of stories that they can TELL about magic mountains, infinite seas, infinite planes, ice walls, the edge and all that exciting stuff while all round earthers can SHOW in return is boring old evidence, like historical stuff, maps, videos, web links all the normal kinds of evidence that reality provides. I would really like to TELL some exciting stories but alas all I can do is SHOW real evidence, which while it's factual I agree it's a bit dull.

So the question I'm throwing out there to the flat earth community is SHOW me things that are convincing rather than keep on TELLING me things I've grown tired off.

To start it of I'll SHOW you some video of a plane flying over a giant crack in the Larsen C Ice Shelf in Antartica and when it breaks off it will produce the biggest Ice beg ever.....almost the size of Texas or Rhode Island sorry but my USA geography is a bit ropey....that almost sounds exciting, but the thing is it's real and it's true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39055524

So come on flat people SHOW me your evidence then we can have a real discussion. But remember positive and low entropy evidence only.
This is evidence that the ancient Greeks could never ever conclude that ships were sinking over the horizon to proof curvature !!!
Therefor the statement that we ''knew'' for ages the earth was a globe needs some significant reconsideration !
And i surely hope that mister ''Greek'' Rabinoz will comment on this vid too !!
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Sorry to be brash but I gotta mention,

if you really want to really shut the round earthers up (or flat earthers depending on the results), what someone needs to do is, do that in the video, but with a 4K (or 8K!) camera, and then at the end, zoom back in digitally, so you can see up close that the boat has really disappeared.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:23:00 AM by tomato »
Tomato puree

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
There is a common theme on many of the threads on this forum and that is flat earthers who get really angry and upset when asked for evidence to support the things they keep TELLING round earthers to support their fanciful claims.

Most if not all of what flat earthers produce to back up their flat earth claims are what I would term 'negative or high entropy evidence'  in that they will look at a picture of a rocket, something on the moon, a picture of the earth, you all know the drill  and then proceede to point out all the things they see wrong, that in their minds makes it false or a hoax, depending on how they feel. This negative evidence is almost exclusively what they depend upon. Rather than supply first hand or low entropy evidence they just keep feeding off high entropy second hand shit. Look through the threads here and most of them take this shape, round earthers SHOWING lots of evidence and flat earther denying the evidence and TELLING them why it can't be true.

What I would like to see for once is proper evidence and some, I will SHOW you mine if you will SHOW me yours.

Antartica is always something that causes real problems in that flat earthers have a lot of stories that they can TELL about magic mountains, infinite seas, infinite planes, ice walls, the edge and all that exciting stuff while all round earthers can SHOW in return is boring old evidence, like historical stuff, maps, videos, web links all the normal kinds of evidence that reality provides. I would really like to TELL some exciting stories but alas all I can do is SHOW real evidence, which while it's factual I agree it's a bit dull.

So the question I'm throwing out there to the flat earth community is SHOW me things that are convincing rather than keep on TELLING me things I've grown tired off.

To start it of I'll SHOW you some video of a plane flying over a giant crack in the Larsen C Ice Shelf in Antartica and when it breaks off it will produce the biggest Ice beg ever.....almost the size of Texas or Rhode Island sorry but my USA geography is a bit ropey....that almost sounds exciting, but the thing is it's real and it's true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39055524

So come on flat people SHOW me your evidence then we can have a real discussion. But remember positive and low entropy evidence only.
This is evidence that the ancient Greeks could never ever conclude that ships were sinking over the horizon to proof curvature !!!
Therefor the statement that we ''knew'' for ages the earth was a globe needs some significant reconsideration !
And i surely hope that mister ''Greek'' Rabinoz will comment on this vid too !!
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Sorry to be brash but I gotta mention,

if you really want to really shut the round earthers up (or flat earthers depending on the results), what someone needs to do is, do that in the video, but with a 4K (or 8K!) camera, and then at the end, zoom back in digitally, so you can see up close that the boat has really disappeared.

there are videos that you can look up that shows the effect of the earth curvature
for example this one:

and here is e good explanation: