Number 1 reason for believing in Flat Earth

• 45 Replies
Number 1 reason for believing in Flat Earth
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:07:39 AM »
This question is for Flat Earthers only. I would highly appreciate if realists would not answer on Flat Earther's behalf or make any justified condescending guesses in answering.

Question:

What is the number 1, main and defining reason you believe in a Flat Earth?

--------------
UPDATES:
--------------

So far we have (various members):

1. Because it's a simpler model with more predictive capacity.
2. Water level
3. it is flat because all water seeks the lowest form of energy. And in its lowest form, without any outside impetus, the surface of water is flat. Always has been. Always will be and nobody has, can, or will, ever show anything any different.
4. Jesu's standing on a mountain and see whole world.
5. Vacuum: 10cm^2 Vacuum holder carrying 500 kgs facade glass. Infinive space gets all of atmospher in one or a few seconds.
6. A good reason to realize our Earth is flat IS by speaking with those that have careers at sea and those at university and I also recommend this course of action.
7. looking out your window (probably meaning "it looks flat so it is flat" as I've read many times)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:07:05 AM by observer »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Number 1 reason for believing in Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:02:31 AM »
I want to use my pass right for this question. Because only one reason are missing the other part of it. It should be a scientific and religinal two reason together. It is always compatibled. If you find a scientific matter, it should be compatibled with religion by a "check, control". Or oppositely if you discovered something by religion, it should be compatibled with science by "check, control". Your question aims to seperate them. If i say religinal reason, this means i deny the science; or if i put forward scientific reason, this means i deny religinal reasons. So pass.

But if you ask for number 1 and 2 reasons, than i say two reasons for that.

Are you asking for a religinal or scientific reason?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »
I want to use my pass right for this question. Because only one reason are missing the other part of it. It should be a scientific and religinal two reason together. It is always compatibled. If you find a scientific matter, it should be compatibled with religion by a "check, control". Or oppositely if you discovered something by religion, it should be compatibled with science by "check, control". Your question aims to seperate them. If i say religinal reason, this means i deny the science; or if i put forward scientific reason, this means i deny religinal reasons. So pass.

But if you ask for number 1 and 2 reasons, than i say two reasons for that.

Are you asking for a religinal or scientific reason?

I'm literally asking for the defining reason that made one a firm believer. The reason that compelled one to believe in a flat Earth whether it's science, religion, observation, convincement, following, etc.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
This question is for Flat Earthers only. I would highly appreciate if realists would not answer on Flat Earther's behalf or make any justified condescending guesses in answering.

Question:

Because it's a simpler model with more predictive capacity.

I'll be a round earther the day it can explain anything more correctly or concisely.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »

Question:

I'll be a round earther the day it can explain anything more correctly or concisely.

You jest,  ::) a simpler model  ::), when you have to explain away
sunrise and sunset with imaginary perspective and impossible refraction,
the sun staying the same size by "atmoplanic lensing" or "the known magnification due to the . . . . . . " or who knows what?
etc, etc.
and you can't explain lunar eclipses of lunar phases at all.

The tell me what predictive power it has? It can't eve tell the time of sunrise tomorrow morning, or the direction the sun will rise from!
What predictive power?

ForumPhoenix

• Vade Irrumabo te Amicus Meus
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »

Question:

the sun staying the same size by "atmoplanic lensing" or "the known magnification due to the . . . . . . " or who knows what?
etc, etc.

The tell me what predictive power it has? It can't eve tell the time of sunrise tomorrow morning, or the direction the sun will rise from!
What predictive power?

Thank you, Rabinoz has it right! They're all jesters! Just here for a good laugh. In addition they have no explanation for the very thing that holds our universe together, gravity!!!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »
Gravity does not hold atoms together.  Chackmate. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 03:56:54 AM »
One of many reasons...WATER LEVEL.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 08:28:22 AM »
Every answer will be very tempting to fire a debate. Please resist. I want a genuine collection of reasons to understand what drives flat earthers.

So far we have:

2. Water level

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 09:46:06 AM »

Question:

etc, etc.

What predictive power?

Too drunk to read the OP? Causes you to post off-topic bull shit?

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 09:52:26 AM »
Every answer will be very tempting to fire a debate. Please resist. I want a genuine collection of reasons to understand what drives flat earthers.

So far we have:

2. Water level

You can forget trying to convince Geoff about leaving well enough alone...He is an inveterate sot who cannot help himself.

Sorry, you cannot ask that type of question here without having some RE-tard sticking there nose in and making some comment.

By the way, it is flat because all water seeks the lowest form of energy. And in its lowest form, without any outside impetus, the surface of water is flat. Always has been. Always will be and nobody has, can, or will, ever show anything any different.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »
Number one as religinal:

Jesu's standing on a mountain and see whole world.

Number two as scientific:

Vacuum:

10cm^2 Vacuum holder carrying 500 kgs facade glass. Infinive space gets all of atmospher in one or a few seconds.

Check and checkmate.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:03:48 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
How was that in anyway relevant to the OP or anything else for that matter, Googleotomy?

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
I will take the Googleotomy post and try to bring it back into useful purpose by deriving from it my number 1 reason for flat Earth per the OP.

A good reason to realize our Earth is flat IS by speaking with those that have careers at sea and those at university and I also recommend this course of action.

Notes:

But, before receiving their final answer it is imperative they are given a chance for exposure to FET.  It is ludicrous to walk up to students and ask "what shape is the Earth" without first offering FET review. 

Talk to fisherman who have spent their career at sea and you will see that a review of FET will confirm their choice of flat Earth shape in your post-interview because like so many others, they knew it all along. 

Experiencing face-to-face encounters with REers and discussing Earth shape brings on something between amusement and frustration depending on how long it takes them to really sink in to FET, understand it, and compare it to RET to arrive at real Earth shape.   

Remember, you can not just take anyone's round Earth insistence until they have been exposed to FET.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
To observer
Just a thought to let him know what he is up against. LOL..

Oh yeah, he needs backup for a simple question he decided to pose? He asked a question and is getting answers. It is not a debate topic. LOL! /sarcasm...

Wtf is wrong with you...I mean, really...

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 11:18:08 PM »
To the OP,there is not one piece of evidence that showed me it is flat. All the rounders have been brainwashed into their belief. There are many things to investigate. Over time you may be able to break the brainwashing, if you so desire.Earth Not a Globe is a good place to start.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 05:35:35 AM »
I think observer was right. This website is for flat earthers only.
Only a few of them and probably most of them pretenders.
So I will leave it to them.
In closing I really don't think it would be a good idea to talk to anyone in authority in the Navy.
They would probably be nice to you. If you were in the Navy they would probably call a Hospital Man and exam you for some delusional disorder if you told them you really believed the earth was flat.
So have fun if that is your idea of fun.
I will leave you to it. Please stay out of the USN if you value your freedom, flat earthers.

I love Navy people.  They used to cook me my chow, patch me up when I got hurt, and even preach to me on Sundays.  We even had at least one Navy parachute rigger in my unit (maybe more, but I can only remember one.)  They also had real big Naval guns, and I could always count on them to get me out of a fight, as long as I was in range of the coast or within air range.  One thing that I never counted on from the Navy, though, was for them to tell me the shape of the Earth.  What MOS are these Earth shape experts, again?

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 07:12:25 AM »
Others: Please resist the temptation to debate and answer any of the beliefs posted in this thread. I am genuinely interested in knowing what drives their belief.

The opening post is updated with the responses as they come in.

Thanks to those who are answering.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »
I think observer was right. This website is for flat earthers only.
Only a few of them and probably most of them pretenders.
So I will leave it to them.
In closing I really don't think it would be a good idea to talk to anyone in authority in the Navy.
They would probably be nice to you. If you were in the Navy they would probably call a Hospital Man and exam you for some delusional disorder if you told them you really believed the earth was flat.
So have fun if that is your idea of fun.
I will leave you to it. Please stay out of the USN if you value your freedom, flat earthers.

I love Navy people.  They used to cook me my chow, patch me up when I got hurt, and even preach to me on Sundays.  We even had at least one Navy parachute rigger in my unit (maybe more, but I can only remember one.)  They also had real big Naval guns, and I could always count on them to get me out of a fight, as long as I was in range of the coast or within air range.  One thing that I never counted on from the Navy, though, was for them to tell me the shape of the Earth.  What MOS are these Earth shape experts, again?

The QM's and the Navigation Officers got us to Japan and back every time.I think they must have known what the shape of the earth was.However, they didn't have one of those magic flat earth telescopes that can restore a ship that has passed beyond the horizon.

What would a Quartermaster even care about what the shape of the Earth is?  Do you even know what a Quartermaster does?  In the Marine Corps, a Quartermaster is in charge of the supply clerks.  I think in the Navy, he is in charge of the helmsmen or something like that.  He steers the ship; whether the water below him is round or flat, he just moves the steering wheel. 

And, a Navigator cares about directions, not shapes.  I can navigate for you around my flat town using a flat map.  Do you ever think before you post? 

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 09:18:35 AM »
First 48 seconds.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:09:17 AM by Boots »
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 06:21:50 PM »
And, a Navigator cares about directions, not shapes.  I can navigate for you around my flat town using a flat map.  Do you ever think before you post?

From my vast (in)experience at navigation, that Navigator would also be extremely interested in distance as well.
Yes, my vast inexperience at navigation got me well and truly lost in my first attempts, making me think I was one place and I was at another quite different location, live and learn - I commented that "I didn't know there was a big city there!" - duh, just the Gold Coast where it shouldn't be. Luckily, we didn't run out of fuel.

But, I imagine directions would always be something like "maintain this heading for such and such a time (or distance)".

And a ship or aircraft getting distances wrong leads to disaster.  The differences in distance on the Flat Earth map and the Globe are not minor - in the Southern Hemisphere, the Flat Earth distances can be two or three times the Globe distances.

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
For f**k's sake people.... start your own bloody threads and leave this thread for the questions I asked in the OP. How many times must I request this nicely.

Globe Earthers: Get over it already. No wonder FE's can't stand us as they can't say a single thing without being pounced on.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 02:54:53 AM »
That dkes not sound like a nice request to me.  Do you always 'ask nicely' by telling people to shut the f**k up?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 04:39:24 AM »
That dkes not sound like a nice request to me.  Do you always 'ask nicely' by telling people to shut the f**k up?
What does  ;D "That dkes not sound"  ;D mean?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 05:13:43 AM »
For f**k's sake people.... start your own bloody threads and leave this thread for the questions I asked in the OP. How many times must I request this nicely.

Globe Earthers: Get over it already. No wonder FE's can't stand us as they can't say a single thing without being pounced on.

Clothes do not make the man.

When the cat’s away, the mice will play.

A word is enough to the wise man. but there is three ones here. Because there isin't wisdom here. (Turkish preverb)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
A few nice requests... then I switched to ugly mode

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »
A few nice requests... then I switched to ugly mode

It's difficult for the globularists to control themselves.

You can add looking out your window to the list.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »
One reason given in the original message was the Gospel story of Jesus standing on the mountain top (with Satan) and seeing the whole world (actually, Matthew 4:8 & Luke 4:5 say "all the kingdoms of the world" - which suggests that Jesus got an edited view that omitted the oceans and deserts and jungles).  But there is no such mountain top that can see the whole world, nor even all its kingdoms, from the summit - and the easiest evidence of this is that none of us on the ground can see the summit back.  So I am inclined to think that, mountain top or not, Jesus was shown a special vision by some supernatural conjuring by Satan, rather than having a natural visual perspective that enabled him to see the whole planet from the top of a mountain.  So this is not necessarily evidence for a Flat Earth.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »
One reason given in the original message was the Gospel story of Jesus standing on the mountain top (with Satan) and seeing the whole world (actually, Matthew 4:8 & Luke 4:5 say "all the kingdoms of the world" - which suggests that Jesus got an edited view that omitted the oceans and deserts and jungles).  But there is no such mountain top that can see the whole world, nor even all its kingdoms, from the summit - and the easiest evidence of this is that none of us on the ground can see the summit back.  So I am inclined to think that, mountain top or not, Jesus was shown a special vision by some supernatural conjuring by Satan, rather than having a natural visual perspective that enabled him to see the whole planet from the top of a mountain.  So this is not necessarily evidence for a Flat Earth.

If they have used their special ability of vision  they did not need to go top of a mountain. It was possible from where they sitting near to the sea. I suggest about 3 places to be that mountain. The edge of a few convex, so the places which called as "south" have positional avantage to see the whole world. It is possible to see whole world on three mountains which are highest points of South America, South Africa or Australia.

For more debate: Flat Earth Debate / The mountain which Jesus stand on watch the earth is found ! https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68298.msg1833895#msg1833895

It is possible on Mounth Townsend, Australia.

After that i accept other 2 mountains have possibility.

New candidates are Aconcagua Mountain (Argentina) and Drakensberg (South Africa).

If we consider Jesus 40 day speed walk under compulsion, before going to the mountain, after some calculations we accept that it is possible to go to South Africa from holly land with a hard walking as a tell in holly books. That place is South Africa Drakensberg mountain.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:44:43 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:13 PM »

If they have used their special ability of vision  they did not need to go top of a mountain. It was possible from where they sitting near to the sea. I suggest about 3 places to be that mountain. The edge of a few convex, so the places which called as "south" have positional avantage to see the whole world. It is possible to see whole world on three mountains which are highest points of South America, South Africa or Australia.

For more debate: Flat Earth Debate / The mountain which Jesus stand on watch the earth is found ! https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68298.msg1833895#msg1833895

It is possible on Mounth Townsend, Australia.

After that i accept other 2 mountains have possibility.

New candidates are Aconcagua Mountain (Argentina) and Drakensberg (South Africa).

If we consider Jesus 40 day speed walk under compulsion, before going to the mountain, after some calculations we accept that it is possible to go to South Africa from holly land with a hard walking as a tell in holly books. That place is South Africa Drakensberg mountain.
Jesus fasted for 40 days as well. I doubt He  did any speed walking to another continent and back. Think about that Inki..