Vendee Globe

• 40 Replies
Vendee Globe
« on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
OK, now those of you who still don't believe in aeroplane direct flights from the three Southern Hemisphere continents, there is a round the world yacht race on at the moment called Vendee Globe. It started a few weeks ago in the Northern Hemisphere and the leaders have passed Cape Town South Africa recently. I am following the race on TV and now on the website with its real-time tracking of all yachts. Now you will be able to see how long it takes to sail from Cape Town, past Tasmania, Australia and then pass below Cape Horn, South America, before returning to Europe. I will leave it to all FE'ers to calculate on the various models, be it DET or the usual Azimuthal, how far the distance from Cape Town to Cape Horn and then see how fast the yachts have to be travelling to complete that part of the race. I guess you will find they will be breaking all records for speeds of yachts based on your models. Now I will wait for the 'it is part of NASA deception', all fake and paid shills, but you will find it hard to produce the on-board coverage from all yachts as they pass known landmarks in the weekly episodes. This is the eighth edition of this race, first of which was in 1968, long before trying to defend FE was a 'priority'. The race record his currently 78 days but the leaders in the current race may break that this time.
Go on, do the math and let's hear the responses.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:08:29 AM by southern hemispherer »

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: Vendee Globe
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »
Their paths tend to be closer to shore.

JackBlack

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »
They may respond with something akin to them being in on the conspiracy to make it work.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
And what does that mean? The route taken is tightly specified as on this "Racetrack" of an earlier Vendee.

Vendée Globe Yacht Racetrack

You can look up details here Vendée Globe.

Here is part of a post from earlier this year. Note that "The 2012-2013 winner, François Gabart took just over 78 days for the whole race, sailing a total of 28,647 miles" From Francois Gabart Wins 2012-2013 Vendée Globe Race

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Watch all accusations of fake come when this starts!
On 6th November 2016 a number of sailors are going to start a race sail around Antarctica: 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
VENDÉE GLOBE SOLO, NON STOP AND WITHOUT ASSISTANCE
The Vendée Globe is still the only non-stop solo round the world race without assistance. The event was created in the spirit of the Golden Globe, which was in 1968 the first non-stop solo round the world race via the three capes (Good Hope, Leeuwin and the Horn). Out of the nine pioneers, who set sail in 1968, only one made it back to Falmouth on 6th April 1969 after 313 days at sea, the British sailor, Robin Knox-Johnston. Sir Robin Knox-Johnston thus became the first sailor to sail alone around the world without stopping…
Twenty years later, the French sailor Philippe Jeantot, following on from his two wins in the BOC Challenge (the solo round the world race with stopovers), came up with the idea of a new solo round the world race, but this time a non-stop race. The Globe Challenge was born, and a few editions later this became the Vendée Globe. On 26th November 1989, thirteen sailors set off in this first edition, which would last more than three months. Only seven made it back to les Sables d’Olonne.
Since then, the first seven editions of what the public refers to as the Everest of the seas, have enabled 138 sailors to line up at the start of the Vendée Globe, while only 71 have managed to cross the finishing line. This figure alone expresses the huge difficulty of this global event, where sailors face icy cold conditions, mountainous waves and leaden skies in the Southern Ocean. The Vendée Globe is above all a voyage to the ends of the sea and deep down into the sailor’s soul. It has been won by some of the greatest names in sailing: Titouan Lamazou, Alain Gautier, Christophe Auguin, Vincent Riou and François Gabart. Only one sailor has won it twice: Michel Desjoyeaux, in 2001 and 2009. The race record is held by François Gabart with a time of 78 days.
The eighth Vendée Globe will set sail from les Sables d’Olonne on Sunday 6th November 2016.[/size]

The 2012-2013 winner, François Gabart took just over 78 days for the whole race, sailing a total of 28,647 miles.

Route of 2016-2017 Vendée Globe

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »
The probably just make a big circle out in the ocean and everyone thinks the encircled Antarctica. 

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:19:08 PM »
The probably just make a big circle out in the ocean and everyone thinks the encircled Antarctica.
Yes because an ever widening circle of conspiracy makes much more sense than the world being round.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 11:00:07 PM »
Usual flat earth evidence. It might do this, they probably do that!

But the contestants can't get away with that sort of thing, you did note the "gates" they have to pass through, and the waypoints they have to pass. I'll show the map again, the one that you didn't bother to look at!
The route taken is tightly specified as on this "Racetrack" of an earlier Vendee.

Vendée Globe Yacht Racetrack

You can look up details here Vendée Globe.
All this to make sure that they don't take short cuts by sailing too far south!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 11:34:08 PM »
How close do they get to shore?  If they never seen land except at the start and finish, then how do they know where those gates are? 

Anyway, it could even be filmed in a studio months before.  They can do amazing things with CGI these days. 

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 12:10:24 AM »
How close do they get to shore?  If they never seen land except at the start and finish, then how do they know where those gates are? 

Anyway, it could even be filmed in a studio months before.  They can do amazing things with CGI these days.

So what would you accept as evidence of then?
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 12:13:11 AM »
What do have to offer as evidence? 

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »

Um, no. If you watch the coverage, you will see that they showed footage of the the leader when he passed between the Cape Verde Islands to overtake the other competitors! It will also show footage from some who stopped at Cape Town, South Africa for repairs to broken sails and they show footage of landmarks as the race passes them from on board cameras. So how do they 'arrange' for these yachts with damage to arrive as per their GPS tracking positions show in ports for repair? There must be a huge cargo plane that picks them up, transports them and they must fake the damage done in the race footage so that the repairs can be made in real time! This conspiracy just gets worse and worse to handle. I guess it is better for FE'ers just to turn a blind eye on this one and hope it goes away! Then again, it is in the impossible FE Southern Hemisphere, and all Southern Hemispherers are in on the conspiracy, so there is your way out!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 12:22:23 AM »
So they show land mark or two or a ship in a port.  Big deal?  You have no idea when or how they got there. 

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 12:26:07 AM »
What do have to offer as evidence?

Well I consider Rab's posts to be strong evidence. But as usual you reject it out of hand. This is why I am beginning to wonder if you would accept anything as evidence whatsoever. And it's also why I continue to try and come to an understanding of what you would accept as evidence. (BTW I know you're a GEer just messing around. But you do represent the typical FEer position quite well, which is why I engage with you at all.)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 12:31:04 AM »

Of course they could,
especially as for long ocean races, the waypoints may only defined as geographic coordinates and proof of correct passing is usually accepted as a GPS log.

Yes, anything could happen. You seem to be getting as bad as sceptimatic.  :'( What a miserable life you must lead. :'(

I really don't see why you have such a hangup on these Southern Hemisphere distances.
There is plenty of evidence that the circumference of the Globe on the Ice Wall map down here is grossly wrong.
I know it personally from the width of Australia. Your map has Australia well over twice the correct width
          and
Non-stop flights from Sydney to/from Johannesburg and Santiago would be completely impossible on the  Ice Wall map.

Because of this, and the recognition that the South Pole is real, various well know Flat Earthers have discarded that map (that you insist is not the official map). These include at least Sandokhan, JRoweSkeptic and Tom Bishop.

About time you "saw the light" don't you think?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57:58 AM »
Moveing the goal posts again?  It would be nice to have a real conversation with for a change. 

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 01:09:00 AM »
You don't even need a TV to get daily footage of the race. Just Google Vendee Globe and select last 24 hours and you get footage from plenty of the yachts. Obviously all fake to FE'ers. Nothing can budge flat earth logic. Even if one of them was tied to a mast and included in all the footage as it sailed around the world, the rest would still cry CGI.

JackBlack

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 02:11:22 AM »

Called it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 02:26:56 AM »
Moveing the goal posts again?  It would be nice to have a real conversation with for a change.
The jroa AI has learned a new term, "goal posts" and it uses it everywhere!

I am not changing any goal posts. I am just trying to find out why you have a paranoic hatred of the Vendee Globe Yacht race.

First you claim that they cheat and "probably just make a big circle out in the ocean and everyone thinks the encircled Antarctica."
Then you claim "it could even be filmed in a studio months before.  They can do amazing things with CGI these days."

And when I give good evidence that the race is quite feasible, you claim I'm moving the "goal posts" again.

::)  You really must hate that Vendee Globe!  ::)

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 05:49:39 AM »

And when I give good evidence that the race is quite feasible, you claim I'm moving the "goal posts" again.

All suddenly quiet as there are no other ways for a FE to answer this.
I think jroa must hate the Southern Hemisphere and the few of us here from the Southern Hemisphere, especially my Aussie friend Rabinoz, who drive him insane. Surely it would be better for FE'ers if the world ended at the Equator? It would then only be only 50% wrong. Actually, no still 100% wrong because the circumference of the equator would still have to be 39285 miles based on the 10000 km from the North Pole to the Equator.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 07:43:58 AM »

I think jroa must hate the Southern Hemisphere and the few of us here from the Southern Hemisphere, especially my Aussie friend Rabinoz, who drive him insane. Surely it would be better for FE'ers if the world ended at the Equator? It would then only be only 50% wrong. Actually, no still 100% wrong because the circumference of the equator would still have to be 39285 miles based on the 10000 km from the North Pole to the Equator.

Actually, my heritage is Chilean.  Check and mate. 

Another win for the FE!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »

Another win for the FE!

I love how jroa being chilean is some sort of victory for FE. It just shows how low the standards are.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 09:58:12 AM »
No, his heritage is Chilean, I guess he is not.
My heritage is half English, half Scottish, but I was born in the Southern Hemisphere.
Once again a claim of a victory by a thoroughly beaten FE mob!

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
You might want to sober up for a while then.  ::)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 01:16:56 PM »
I love how jroa being chilean is some sort of victory for FE. It just shows how low the standards are.

Another victory for the FE!
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
You might want to sober up for a while then.  ::)

Anyone noticed how eddycated jroa is getting lately, with new expressions popping up all the time.
For a while he seemed hooked on "Moveing(sic) the goal posts again" then it's "next ad hoc excuse" (he even spelled that correctly!)

JimmyTheCrab, I have a request,
jroa won't listen to me, but maybe he will listen to you.

Since jroa is of Chilean descent maybe you can ask him ever so politely
how he explains the sun rising so far to the South these mornings down there in Punta Arenas from almost the South East (about 129° that's 39° South of East)?

I was under the distinct impression that, according to Flat Earth theory, sun would be a long way North of Punta Arenas at sunrise.

I'll draw some pictures if need be.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Another win for the FE!

I am a GEer who loves Chili and lives in the Northern Hemisphere, though I was born in the Southern Hemisphere.

GE wins another round! LOL
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:48:34 PM by Boots »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »
Another win for the FE!
Your heritage might be Chilean, but you defected so it doesn't count.

;) Guess you couldn't survive hanging by your fingertips - so hard on the fingernails!  ;)

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »
What shore?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »
Another win for the FE!

;) Guess you couldn't survive hanging by your fingertips - so hard on the fingernails!  ;)

Why do you hate Chileans so much?  I thought us southern hemiplaners had each others backs!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »
Another win for the FE!

Why do you hate Chileans so much?  I thought us southern hemiplaners had each others backs!

Where did I say I hate Chileans? Red-hot Chili-Peppers, now that's another story!

But whatever is a "hemiplaner"?
A biplane is a 'plane with two wings, a mono-plane is a 'plane with one wing, so i guess a hemiplaner must be a 'plane with  ??? half a wing  ???.
You really would be "Comin' in on half a wing and a prayer" then.

How far south in Chile have you been? And ever flown the Santiago to Sydney that  ::) 24,500 km  ::) non-stop flight?