Marijuana prohibition nearing an end?

• 153 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Marijuana prohibition nearing an end?
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2021, 12:50:36 PM »
Do you have any statistics on death due to weed?
Just because you can't really OD with it doesn't mean it can't kill you long term (or short term, if you suicide due to psychological issues).
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2021, 12:51:16 PM »
You should read up on sugar to see just how bad it is for you. --> in your alternative medicine book?  ;D

Lets try an easy one.  Smoking nicotine.  Cigarettes are insanely more dangerous,, addictive and bad for you than marijuana.  You up for banning smoking?  Good luck.
--> You didn't mention nicotine. I agree nicotine is at least as bad, probably worse.

Smoking kills people. Drinking kills people. Sugar and overeating kills people. Not getting enough exercise kills people. Marijuana ahh... not so much.
--> That's such a crap argument. 1) Death rate is not all that matter. Other aspects, such as quality of life, burden of disease, health care costs etc matter, too. 2) Just because other things are bad doesn't mean weed can't be bad, too 3) just because other things kill, too, doens't mean deaths due to weed are unimportant.

Why are you so shit at using the forum's 'Quote' feature?
Answers that badly researched don't deserve the time i'd need to properly format.

Member of the BOTD

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
You should read up on sugar to see just how bad it is for you. --> in your alternative medicine book?  ;D

Lets try an easy one.  Smoking nicotine.  Cigarettes are insanely more dangerous,, addictive and bad for you than marijuana.  You up for banning smoking?  Good luck.
--> You didn't mention nicotine. I agree nicotine is at least as bad, probably worse.

Smoking kills people. Drinking kills people. Sugar and overeating kills people. Not getting enough exercise kills people. Marijuana ahh... not so much.
--> That's such a crap argument. 1) Death rate is not all that matter. Other aspects, such as quality of life, burden of disease, health care costs etc matter, too. 2) Just because other things are bad doesn't mean weed can't be bad, too 3) just because other things kill, too, doens't mean deaths due to weed are unimportant.

Are you smoking weed? What is with your quoting? Did you forget how the quote button works?

I'd love you to show me all the weed deaths, and all the quality of life issues it causes as opposed to say, drinking.

Know ho many people die to liver disease from drinking every year?  Fatal car accidents?  Innocent deaths?  Rape?  Drunken murders?

And weed does... what?  Heavy, long term use will cause some brain disfunction, but ever look to see what drinking does to your brain cells?

So should we make beer illegal?  We tried that before, it didn't go well. We are finally learning out lesson with weed too.

The reason we are comparing it to other things is it's dumb to make weed illegal when there are far worse things out there people do instead. Why ruin so many lives for something that is barely harmful to heavy users and doesn't hurt anyone else?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2021, 01:01:15 PM »
Just because you can't really OD with it doesn't mean it can't kill you long term (or short term, if you suicide due to psychological issues).

Do you have stats on weed causing suicidal psychosis?  Also, everyone dies in the long term!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2021, 01:08:08 PM »
Are you smoking weed? What is with your quoting? Did you forget how the quote button works?
--> I already explained it. Shitty posts get badly formated answers.

I'd love you to show me all the weed deaths, and all the quality of life issues it causes as opposed to say, drinking.
--> As I explained, deaths isn't the only issues. And just because there isn't good data (I dodn't know, I didn't check) doesn't disprove anything. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

And weed does... what?  Heavy, long term use will cause some brain disfunction, but ever look to see what drinking does to your brain cells?
--> not sure if you're just kidding at this point. Read up on what weed and smoking in general does to your health.

So should we make beer illegal?  We tried that before, it didn't go well. We are finally learning out lesson with weed too.
--> quote me saying cannabis should be illegal.

Member of the BOTD

Lorddave

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »
I think we need to just decriminalize it.  Basically say "It's not allowed to sell but if we find you with a "personal" amount (whatever that is) then we basically slap you with rehab requirements or something.  No jail time.  No arrests.  Just "Here, get some help, man."
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2021, 01:30:53 PM »
--> I already explained it. Shitty posts get badly formated answers.

Nice save, dude.  We all know you're high on something.

--> As I explained, deaths isn't the only issues. And just because there isn't good data (I dodn't know, I didn't check) doesn't disprove anything. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

Ok, so one, you ignored my saying "quality of life issues" and focuses solely on death. Very dishonest there.

Then you admit that you didn't bother to check to see if people are dying or suffering from weed. You just 'know' then? Where have I heard that reasoning before...  ::)

--> not sure if you're just kidding at this point. Read up on what weed and smoking in general does to your health.

Yes, I'm very aware of weed and smoking, I've seen plenty up close. Weed has very little health risk, which you would know if you bothered to actually look it up.

Compared to alcohol? Weed is as harmless as a kitten compared to that shit which kills millions.

--> quote me saying cannabis should be illegal.

What is your point for this entire discussion then?  That weed is terrible and awful and... and what?  Then don't smoke it!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2021, 01:46:37 PM »

I believe there's a documentary that definitely proves that marijuana leads to jazz music and raping white women.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »

I believe there's a documentary that definitely proves that marijuana leads to jazz music and raping white women.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »

Why are you so shit at using the forum's 'Quote' feature?
Answers that badly researched don't deserve the time i'd need to properly format.

Where can I find these death stats due to pot you speak of? I'm very interested because I may be dead already based upon what you're saying.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2021, 03:53:37 PM »
I think we need to just decriminalize it.  Basically say "It's not allowed to sell but if we find you with a "personal" amount (whatever that is) then we basically slap you with rehab requirements or something.  No jail time.  No arrests.  Just "Here, get some help, man."

No, no, no... OKAY maybe Amy Winehouse is not the best example for not going to rehab, but she didn't die from the devil weed.

I don't know why someone should be sent off to rehab for a personal amount of weed, as long as they are an adult.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2021, 04:07:45 PM »
Rehab for a "personal amount" of weed? I don't know what that even is. Either smoking a joint isn't a big deal, or it is. I'm of the opinion that it's really not a big deal. And as such, I don't think it warrants rehab just because someone has some pot on their person.

Like anything though, rehab should absolutely be available to someone who is struggling with managing their relationship with it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »

No, no, no... OKAY maybe Amy Winehouse is not the best example for not going to rehab, but she didn't die from the devil weed.

I don't know why someone should be sent off to rehab for a personal amount of weed, as long as they are an adult.

Geez if people need rehab for weed then the poor Dutch! Those people must be really out of their minds given not only is it legal, it's sold in most coffee shops too!

But they put it in anything you can think of. Biscuits, chocolate or even lollipops!

Other countries are stupid to put criminal convictions on people who friggen grow a plant in their backyard for personal use. Like what the actual F?

Also, never touched the shit and never plan to. 8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »
I've had a joint for 5 years, I wonder if it's still good. lol

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »
I've had a joint for 5 years, I wonder if it's still good. lol

There's only one way to find out.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2021, 10:22:39 PM »
These results indicate a longitudinal relationship between reductions in cannabis use and improvements in anxiety, depression, and sleep quality. Clinicians treating patients with co-occurring cannabis use and problems with anxiety, depression, or sleep quality should attend to cannabis use reduction as a component of treatment.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28847455/

The observed deleterious effect of cannabis use on the prognosis of patients with psychotic disorder may involve the same mechanism as the observed deleterious effect of cannabis use on the prognosis of individuals with high levels of liability to psychosis. Further study of gene–environment interactions is likely to help elucidate the exact role of cannabis in the onset and the persistence of psychotic disorders, but there is an urgent need for human and animal studies examining the biological mechanisms involved.
https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/article/31/3/608/1894455?login=true

There is little public awareness of the actual and potential cardiovascular effects of cannabis. Although cannabis remains a rare trigger of myocardial infarction, patients who are known cannabis smokers and who have cardiovascular disease should be warned that it will likely aggravate coronary ischaemia, and may even trigger myocardial infarction.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167527305001890

In this meta-analysis of all available published data, we confirm a positive association between the extent of cannabis use and the risk for psychosis. This association was consistent in all the individual studies included, despite differences in the effect size.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988731/

Only 15 published studies have investigated the effects of THC in association with exercise protocols. Of these studies, none showed any improvement in aerobic performance. Exercise induced asthma was shown to be inhibited. In terms of detrimental effects, two studies found that marijuana precipitated angina at a lower work-load (100% of subjects) and strength is probably reduced. Some subjects could not complete an exercise protocol because adverse reactions caused by cannabis. An important finding relevant to drug testing was that aerobic exercise was shown to cause only very small rises (<1ng/mL) in THC concentrations
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28392338/

etc. pp.

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2021, 10:43:33 PM »
These results indicate a longitudinal relationship between reductions in cannabis use and improvements in anxiety, depression, and sleep quality. Clinicians treating patients with co-occurring cannabis use and problems with anxiety, depression, or sleep quality should attend to cannabis use reduction as a component of treatment.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28847455/

The observed deleterious effect of cannabis use on the prognosis of patients with psychotic disorder may involve the same mechanism as the observed deleterious effect of cannabis use on the prognosis of individuals with high levels of liability to psychosis. Further study of gene–environment interactions is likely to help elucidate the exact role of cannabis in the onset and the persistence of psychotic disorders, but there is an urgent need for human and animal studies examining the biological mechanisms involved.
https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/article/31/3/608/1894455?login=true

There is little public awareness of the actual and potential cardiovascular effects of cannabis. Although cannabis remains a rare trigger of myocardial infarction, patients who are known cannabis smokers and who have cardiovascular disease should be warned that it will likely aggravate coronary ischaemia, and may even trigger myocardial infarction.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167527305001890

In this meta-analysis of all available published data, we confirm a positive association between the extent of cannabis use and the risk for psychosis. This association was consistent in all the individual studies included, despite differences in the effect size.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988731/

Only 15 published studies have investigated the effects of THC in association with exercise protocols. Of these studies, none showed any improvement in aerobic performance. Exercise induced asthma was shown to be inhibited. In terms of detrimental effects, two studies found that marijuana precipitated angina at a lower work-load (100% of subjects) and strength is probably reduced. Some subjects could not complete an exercise protocol because adverse reactions caused by cannabis. An important finding relevant to drug testing was that aerobic exercise was shown to cause only very small rises (<1ng/mL) in THC concentrations
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28392338/

etc. pp.

But where do the death stats you mentioned come from?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:11 PM »
Huh? Are you having a psychotic attack due to smoking too much weed? Or where did I make any claims about death stats?

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2021, 11:03:15 PM »
Let's just put it in perspective.

Alcohol and cigarettes objectively cause far more harm yet (and in the case of cigarettes a while ago) were widely advertised, encouraged and endorsed

The only reason why marijuana fell afoul was because people could do something to enjoy themselves without paying tax

I agree it should have some regulation and for example laws passed about having it in your system and driving

But criminal conviction? Life and potential destroyed for enjoying the odd puff? F that

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2021, 11:07:36 PM »
Alcohol isnt illegal because of the long tradition.
Smoking cigarettes isnt illegal because the harm was found after it was made legal and the lobby was very strong.

Also just accept that weed isnt healthy.

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2021, 11:19:12 PM »
Huh? Are you having a psychotic attack due to smoking too much weed? Or where did I make any claims about death stats?

3) just because other things kill, too, doens't mean deaths due to weed are unimportant.

What is the evidence for "deaths due to weed"?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2021, 11:49:21 PM »

3) just because other things kill, too, doens't mean deaths due to weed are unimportant.

Lung cancer. Driving under influence. Suicide due to weed induced psychosis.

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:18 AM »

Right. So smoking just about anything isn't going to be great for your lungs, granted. But what about edibles? That's what lots and lots of people do now. And is there any direct evidence that smoking pot does, in fact, cause lung cancer?

Where is the evidence/stats for deaths due to driving whilst high on pot?

Where's the evidence/stats for suicide due to pot induced psychosis?

You say these things happen but you haven't presented anything that says these things happen other than you just saying these things happen. Where are you getting your information from? Specifically about death associated with cannabis use.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2021, 01:37:24 AM »

Right. So smoking just about anything isn't going to be great for your lungs, granted. But what about edibles? That's what lots and lots of people do now. And is there any direct evidence that smoking pot does, in fact, cause lung cancer?

You say these things happen but you haven't presented anything that says these things happen other than you just saying these things happen. Where are you getting your information from? Specifically about death associated with cannabis use.

I am sure you can google and use pubmed yourself.
Maybe also try stop smoking weed and turn on your brain. If thats still possible after the amount you have smoked.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2021, 02:05:15 AM »
I don't think anyone is arguing cannabis is healthy? But in comparison to cigarettes and alcohol it's really no worse for your health. And there are other ways to get cannabis in your system that doesn't include smoking it either.

I've never touched it, cigarettes and barely drank any alcohol in my life. I don't care for any of it. I simply think destroying peoples lives over criminal convictions and jail time for what amounts to small personal cannabis is crazy

There is also medicinal uses for cannabis which not only for a long time have been outlawed, but research into it was not done either.

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2021, 05:13:47 AM »

Maybe also try stop smoking weed and turn on your brain. If thats still possible after the amount you have smoked.

This is the Flat Earth Society after all.

I see you are following in the tradition of making a claim, getting asked to back it up, then simply saying you can't be bothered and "it's out there".

You are assimilating well, padawan. ;)

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »
And that's where we know you're just bored and trolling.

No change there then.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2021, 08:31:30 AM »
I literally quoted 5-10 scientific papers just a couple of posts ago. First read, then write.

Edit: anyway for a 'claim' that is actually common knowledge you dont even have to provide a source.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:37:44 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2021, 08:34:04 AM »
I don't think anyone is arguing cannabis is healthy?
Well it sure seemed like you all took great offense to me saying that smoking weed is really unhealthy. But apparently we agree after all, which is great!

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2021, 08:48:53 AM »
@jja

That's an overly simplistic view of the world you have.

Like most, I am a simple human that can only understand simple things.  If you can't distill your thoughts to be simple, then you simply aren't knowledgable enough.

Marijuana prohibition is coming to an end, even if you can't see it.

I know why you say this, and what things you observe in society that leads you to this conclusion - I see them too.  What you mistake for the "end of prohibition" is actually just more state sanctioned (licensed) drug dealing for tax revenue purposes.  Cui bono, and follow the money my friend!

It wasn't an attack on 'freedom' it was an attack on the left wing by the right wing, and sadly it worked very well.

Do go on! I'd like to know what you were taught/learned! My knowledge of the history involves no "left" or "right" wing "spin".