Marijuana prohibition nearing an end?

• 153 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Marijuana prohibition nearing an end?
« on: November 09, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/08/medical-marijuana-sails-to-victory-in-florida/

Several states have voted to allow recreational use of the devil weed!  Medical marijuana passed in my own state (Florida) and hopefully a few years from now adults will be allowed to use it for recreational purposes.

Does this sort of thing make you happy or mad?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Marijuana prohibition nearing an end?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
Marijuana will turn us all into gay, Birkenstock wearing, communist hippies. 

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »
Yeah man we got to legalise it.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 04:58:49 PM »
Maybe since Florida is allowing medical, some other southern states will follow. You should have seen the scary anti amendment 2 commercials, they were hilarious.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 05:02:08 PM »
Marijuana kills.

Lmao, I hope they stop treating users like criminals, there is a big shift towards common sense in this issue I think.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »
Why does Sheldon Adelson spend so much money trying to block legalization?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
Hmm...

On the one hand potheads would never have anything to talk about ever again.

On the other hand it seems that marijuana leads to jazz music and raping white women.

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »
This shithole will probably be the last place to legalize it.

Seriously, Norwegian drug politics are taken right out of that Reefer Madness clip posted above. So much for "liberalism"...  ::)
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »
It took a long time but as a society we slowly came to the realization that filling our lungs with tobacco smoke and blowing it all over the place for other people to breathe was stupid. It used to be cool. Now it's not. This whole smoking marijuana movement is a step backward IMO. You wanna use it? Fine. I have no problem with it. I believe it has medicinal properties and/or it relaxes you. Just find some other way to take it.

The end.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
It took a long time but as a society we slowly came to the realization that filling our lungs with tobacco smoke and blowing it all over the place for other people to breathe was stupid. It used to be cool. Now it's not. This whole smoking marijuana movement is a step backward IMO. You wanna use it? Fine. I have no problem with it. I believe it has medicinal properties and/or it relaxes you. Just find some other way to take it.

The end.

What's so wrong about smoking things if it doesn't directly impact anyone who does not want to be exposed to it?

Is it wrong of me to smoke a cigarette or a joint in my own home just because someone who lives three miles away doesn't approve of what I choose to do to my own body?

You say "Fine. I have no problem with it". And then you say "Just find some other way to take it". That makes no sense. At all.
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »

The end.

What's so wrong about smoking things if it doesn't directly impact anyone who does not want to be exposed to it?

Is it wrong of me to smoke a cigarette or a joint in my own home just because someone who lives three miles away doesn't approve of what I choose to do to my own body?

You say "Fine. I have no problem with it". And then you say "Just find some other way to take it". That makes no sense. At all.

Well my comment does make sense. What it meant was I have no problem with taking marijuana. My problem is with smoking it.

As far as what you do in your own home that is your business. But smoking cigarettes is getting less and less popular which I think is a good thing. It used to be seen as cool and now nobody I know, even the ones that smoke cigarettes, thinks it's cool. Then along comes marijuana and suddenly it's cool to smoke again. I consider that a step backward. (And yes I know marijuana smoke is not as bad for your lungs as tobacco.)
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 03:46:39 AM »
Marihuana brownies for everyone!

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 05:56:47 AM »
I just need to stay something from experience, so listen to me, as this has happened many times before.

The first year or two that Marijuana is legalized, everyone will jump on it. Sales will skyrocket, bad events from marijuana will skyrocket, potheads will skyrocket. The opposing news will use this as proof that it won't work.

But they're wrong... the sales, mistakes, bad events and potheads will soon drop an stabilize as people have gotten used to it, and the "cool new thing" vibe has dwindled.

Pretty much like a kid with a new toy... eventually he will settle down and use it less frequently and more carefully as time goes on.
):

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 09:52:04 AM »
Here in Oklahoma, it's still a Schedule 1 controlled substance. Controlled DANGEROUS substance.
Other drugs Schedule 1:
LSD
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Heroin
MDMA/MDA (ecstasy)
One of our state questions was changing possession of said substances from felony to misdemeanor. It passed.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
Here in Oklahoma, it's still a Schedule 1 controlled substance. Controlled DANGEROUS substance.
Other drugs Schedule 1:
LSD
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Heroin
MDMA/MDA (ecstasy)
One of our state questions was changing possession of said substances from felony to misdemeanor. It passed.

What city in OK are you in? I have some acreage in OK that has power wind turbines on them, so I vist there fairly often.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
I agree with you that smoking it is not so good for you, Boots. There are plenty of other ways to consume it that won't damage your lungs, though! People who don't smoke cigarettes will most likely not smoke weed, they'll eat it or vape it. People who already smoke cigarettes are probably not too worried about smoking weed too.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 11:14:01 AM »
Other drugs Schedule 1:
LSD
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Heroin
MDMA/MDA (ecstasy)

What city in OK are you in? I have some acreage in OK that has power wind turbines on them, so I vist there fairly often.
Duncan. They just erected several in and near Rush Springs, Alex, and east of Marlow. All little towns south of OKC, east of Lawton/Ft. Sill.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
Other drugs Schedule 1:
LSD
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Heroin
MDMA/MDA (ecstasy)

Duncan. They just erected several in and near Rush Springs, Alex, and east of Marlow. All little towns south of OKC, east of Lawton/Ft. Sill.

Oh you are south Oklahoma. My land is north, about 15 miles outside ponca city. Literal middle of no where.

It is getting to be a big business there and in Kansas because the land isn't that fertile, but it is very flat. Green energy companies are Really helping property values for open acreage that was once tanking. Used to the area was only about 1400 dollars an acre, now it have been inching close to 4700 ALL thanks to green energy.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 02:09:48 PM »
I heard in the news that Trump is not big on renewable energy. And that sector has taken a hit in the international markets, too. I'd sell before it's too late.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/04/house-votes-to-legalize-weed-442903

The House on Friday passed a landmark bill that would remove federal penalties on marijuana and erase cannabis-related criminal records.

The bill passed by a vote of 228-164, with several Republicans on board. While the MORE Act is not expected to come up in the Senate this year, and likely won't in the next session of Congress either, its passage nevertheless marks a monumental step in marijuana policy.

It's amazing how much has changed since this thread started 4 years ago!

I've got lots of family in Oklahoma, they've got incredibly lax medical marijuana laws, and it's one of the cheapest places in the country to get licensed to grow it.  (I reread the thread, too bad IonSpen isn't here to talk about it)

Congress won't get in a hurry on this, but so many Republican states have legalized some form of marijuana usage, I don't know why Republicans in the Senate would be against it.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/04/house-votes-to-legalize-weed-442903

The House on Friday passed a landmark bill that would remove federal penalties on marijuana and erase cannabis-related criminal records.

The bill passed by a vote of 228-164, with several Republicans on board. While the MORE Act is not expected to come up in the Senate this year, and likely won't in the next session of Congress either, its passage nevertheless marks a monumental step in marijuana policy.

It's amazing how much has changed since this thread started 4 years ago!

I've got lots of family in Oklahoma, they've got incredibly lax medical marijuana laws, and it's one of the cheapest places in the country to get licensed to grow it.  (I reread the thread, too bad IonSpen isn't here to talk about it)

Congress won't get in a hurry on this, but so many Republican states have legalized some form of marijuana usage, I don't know why Republicans in the Senate would be against it.
Because it's the devil's lettuce.  But seriously, there is overwhelming support from both Democrat and Republican voters for legalization, so they have no reason not to support it other than to appease their lobbyist friends.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 02:42:08 PM »
Decriminalizing it is one thing.  Not getting fired for using it is another.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 02:47:34 PM »
Legalize and tax the hell out of it.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2020, 05:59:04 AM »
Gods hate masterbators and junkies.
It's right there in the pamphlet.   ::)

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 06:39:27 AM »
I'm indifferent towards marijuana legalization.

I may or may not have partaken in the devil's lettuce on multiple occasions, mostly in high school and college, and it didn't do much for me. I didn't really care for it.

But if other people dig it, that's cool. And obviously it's got a lot of medicinal properties.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 08:20:50 AM »
God invented marijuana.
Man invented beer.
Who do you trust?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 09:46:13 AM »
Legalize it, don't criticize it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 11:36:02 AM »
Where does Stash keep his stash?

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
God invented marijuana.
Man invented beer.
Who do you trust?
Not god, that's for sure.  He does not have a good record.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 12:55:22 PM »
Marijuana kills.

Lmao, I hope they stop treating users like criminals, there is a big shift towards common sense in this issue I think.
So does water.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD