Debate

• 17 Replies
Debate
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »
1. If there's no gravity then tide wouldn't happen.
2. If the sun is spotlight then you would see it even in the dark.
3. If the earth is accelerating e.g. even from 3000BC till then earth will be moving faster than light. - Violate special relativity.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »
1. Tide goes in, tide goes out
2. You can't see forever
3. Wrong, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
3. If the earth is accelerating e.g. even from 3000BC till then earth will be moving faster than light. - Violate special relativity.

Please,
do go on.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »
Wow, such debate skills.  This angry noob must be at least 12 years old. 

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »
How about you learn special relativity before you say something violates it.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 09:43:40 PM »
1. Tide goes in, tide goes out
2. You can't see forever
3. Wrong, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity
Everything has a cause, so what causes the tide to go out and come back in? Why is the timing tied to the phases of the moon?

Then you claim that "You can't see forever". Nobody is claiming to see forever, only saying that we can see the sun quite clearly when it is setting, say 14,000 km away, but see no sign of the sun when it is around 20,000 km away!

Rowbotham clearly states that planets can be seen at all points around their orbits in his "ZETETIC ASTRONOMY, ZETETIC AND THEORETIC DEFINED AND COMPARED", pages 322, 323. See Rowbotham claims we can see planets on the far side of the North Pole.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
Well how else can you start something up while surrounded by an entire website of people who have completely different scientific viewpoints

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 11:05:39 PM »
Speaking of different scientific viewpoints, why not explain to me how an accelerating earth surpasses C?

Edit, no one ruin my fun, looking at you Rab.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:19:54 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »
Sure, I don't agree with the OP either, but what makes you think he is "angry". You always seem to be the angry one around here.  ???
As always you try to denigrate anyone you don't like! It really reflects on you, not those you are attacking.
I guess if you have no facts, just guesses like "atmoplanic lensing" to explain simple everyday observations it's all you can do.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »
1. If there's no gravity then tide wouldn't happen.
2. If the sun is spotlight then you would see it even in the dark.

1. There are multiple potential explanations.
2. You can only see a spotlight from certain positions; if it's fair enough away horizontally, the light from the lit face won't reach you.
3. The addition of relativistic velocities is done differently.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 08:51:38 AM »
Hello! I am new here - on the fence - but favoring TFES. Please provide one sentence as to why your society is the better option in this major scientific debate.  :)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »
Hello! I am new here - on the fence - but favoring google. Please provide one sentence as to why your society is the better option in this major scientific debate.  :)

I'm sure google will be glad to meet you.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »
Please provide one sentence as to why your society is the better option in this major scientific debate.  :)

We are better looking.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 03:53:36 PM »
Please provide one sentence as to why your society is the better option in this major scientific debate.  :)

We are better looking.
Says the moose!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
Also google.com has no dispute.

A moose is a beautiful creature  ;D
I'm anti-judaism.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
Hello! I am new here - on the fence - but favoring google. Please provide one sentence as to why your society is the better option in this major scientific debate.  :)

Here's one The Flat Earth vs. Globe Earth Debate!.
It starts with
Quote from: Marty Leeds
Let us imagine for a minute that you were born onto this Earth having never been indoctrinated into a belief system, had no knowledge of celestial mechanics and no knowledge of astronomy or cosmology. Let us say then that I presented you with two scenarios to explain the the world in which you inhabited and they are as follows:
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

<< etc, etc >>
then finishes with
“The age old saying ‘ignorance is bliss’ withholds a mighty truth. This is not to say that a continued state of ignorance is blissful, it is rather to say that when one recognizes that one is ignorant of a subject it immediately puts them in the position to explore, with a childlike wonder, all the gems waiting to be found within the investigation.” — Claudia Pavonis

What do I believe? Do I believe the Earth is flat or do I believe it is round?

Personally I care not for beliefs. I only care about the truth and so my opinions on the matter are null and void. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I must say that I have a few key questions I personally would LOVE to see answered:

In regards to the Flat Earth / geocentric model:
. . . << read it yourself >> . . .
In regards to the Heliocentric Model:
. . .  << read it yourself >>  . . .
I am fully at peace knowing that there is so much that I will never know about this world.

And that is ok because I know the most important thing…

I know myself.

Peace and love everyone,
Marty

“I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing.” — Socrates
Just might be worth a read.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »

Here's one The Flat Earth vs. Globe Earth Debate!.
It starts with
Quote from: Marty Leeds
Let us imagine for a minute that you were born onto this Earth having never been indoctrinated into a belief system, had no knowledge of celestial mechanics and no knowledge of astronomy or cosmology. Let us say then that I presented you with two scenarios to explain the the world in which you inhabited and they are as follows:
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

<< etc, etc >>
then finishes with
“The age old saying ‘ignorance is bliss’ withholds a mighty truth. This is not to say that a continued state of ignorance is blissful, it is rather to say that when one recognizes that one is ignorant of a subject it immediately puts them in the position to explore, with a childlike wonder, all the gems waiting to be found within the investigation.” — Claudia Pavonis

What do I believe? Do I believe the Earth is flat or do I believe it is round?

Personally I care not for beliefs. I only care about the truth and so my opinions on the matter are null and void. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I must say that I have a few key questions I personally would LOVE to see answered:

In regards to the Flat Earth / geocentric model:
. . . << read it yourself >> . . .
In regards to the Heliocentric Model:
. . .  << read it yourself >>  . . .
I am fully at peace knowing that there is so much that I will never know about this world.

And that is ok because I know the most important thing…

I know myself.

Peace and love everyone,
Marty

“I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing.” — Socrates
Just might be worth a read.
I've actually read that before! Google'ing something, I can't remember, and ran across it.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »
Read ENaG
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."