Westworld

• 23 Replies

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
Westworld
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »
Anyone else watching/want to discuss?  Theories?  Is it flat or round?

Note:  if you're not watching, you should be.

Please let me know if this thread needs a spoiler tag added to the title.
Suffering from a martyr complex...so you don't have to

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Westworld
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:59:26 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone else is watching this! I love it.

The only theory I have (which is not much of a theory) is that Arnold's programming is coming alive in some of the hosts. I have no idea what the "maze" is, or what the man in black will find there.  I don't find the timeline theory to be very plausible. People think some of what we see is happening in the past, but it just doesn't seem like that is actually the case. Of course, they could be messing with us!

I am especially enjoying the bits where the hosts remember stuff.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »
I'm against the dual timeline thing as well...for many reasons (one being I just don't like it), but mostly because the hosts should not be nearly that advanced if parts of this story are happening 30 years ago.

Yeah I'm reading all sorts of things about Arnold...I think he's clearly "in the machine" somehow.  If not possibly incarnated as a host that we don't know about yet.  I have all sorts of questions though.

I'll just leave this up in case anyone else is watching or starts watching.  I don't know how to change the title of the thread so I'll just make this post the official

SPOILER ALERT going forward

for anyone else who happens to join in.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »
Yeah, don't worry too much about spoilers. Anyone reading should be aware the discussion will include all the episodes that have aired. It's on Sunday nights here in the US, and is it Tuesday in the UK? I think it's Tuesday.

There are theories that maybe Bernard is a robot, what do you think of that one? I guess it is possible, but I don't know why he would be. He seems like someone who is very interested the possibility of creating sentient AI! His secret interviews with Delores, which she then hides from Ford, are pretty interesting.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:10:41 PM »
Bernard! I guess he wasn't hiding those interviews or anything else from Ford.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 06:53:54 AM »
Maybe not...it seems too early to know.  We still know Dolores was talking to someone when she said "I didn't tell him anything" after her interview with Ford.

Honestly I'm trying to avoid too much speculation because I get confused.  Personally I am Team Single-Timeline myself, though if you buy into the dual timeframes thing, it's a bit hard to say exactly which iteration of Dolores we're seeing at any given time.

In any case, "what door?" was definitely a chills-inducing moment.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 07:48:18 AM »
Well, hell. If all the cool kids are watching, I guess I'll have to start.   :D

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 09:27:12 AM »
WATCH IT, BULLWINKLE!

Yeah, I don't go for the dual timeline stuff either. I think some people are trying to analyze this show like it's Lost. I figure there will be some surprising reveals now and then, but not like a puzzle to be solved by the viewers.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 03:56:35 PM »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »
I watched episode 7.

I think I need to forget everything about the movie and find episode 1?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
I watched episode 7.

I think I need to forget everything about the movie and find episode 1?

Yeah, the movie had 3 worlds? Roman, West, and I can't remember the other one. The TV show is just Westworld. You definitely need to start from the beginning!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
I will do that.

It definitely felt like there was some background I was missing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »
deadsirius, have you seen the finale yet? IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME I'M SUPER SRS!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
I am posting in this thread. I just watched the first episode and it was a neat concept. Anthony Hopkins is always good, and I like his character. Looking forward to seeing how this show plays out.

deadsirius

• Crime Machine
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 06:29:17 AM »
Cowgirl:

absolutely.  I agree--I was a little concerned through the season about how random things seemed to be but that last episode really actually pulled it together and felt totally satisfying.  I'm also glad there was enough "closure" that the YEAR & A HALF wait for season 2 doesn't feel so horrible.

I think it's funny too how this show can be really coy about its mysteries, but once they decide to answer a question, they answer the HELL out of it.  And this one pretty much confirmed/denied almost everything we've been wondering about all season and yet you barely even care because of all the new questions raised.

Boydster, Bullwinkle et al let us know when you're caught up!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 08:50:32 AM »
I love Maeve so much.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »
I promise not to go digging for spoilers, or get upset if I inadvertently see something here. Watching episode 2 tonight.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
I promise not to go digging for spoilers, or get upset if I inadvertently see something here. Watching episode 2 tonight.

A lot of people figured stuff out before it happened, they lostigated this show just like Lost  :P Even having an idea about what was happening didn't take away from how great the show is.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 01:02:31 PM »

Season 3 is gonna be kick ass.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »
I watched 3 episodes.
I just lack the gene that would allow me to connect.

:(

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »

I watched 3 episodes.
I just lack the gene that would allow me to connect.

:(

Not me, I loved it, didn't even figure they'd be another, great news.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

Yeah, I'm psyched. Season 1 was awesome. Season 2, a little bit of a sophomore slump. But Season 3 looks like a glossy blade-runner-esque extravaganza. Maeve v Doloris and swizzle in some Jesse from Breaking Bad, can't go wrong.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 10:34:43 AM »
I hope we get to see another world somehow. Shogun world was so cool. Show me a ww1 world or something.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »
Just saw this thread. I watched Season 1 a long time ago. Don't even remember if it was streaming, or if I rented the DVDs from Netflix. Probably DVDs. I loved it when Dolores killed all the humans. They were all such creeps. Though if it were real and they had a version that wasn't in a baked-dry and dusty desert, I'd probably go. Maybe Tahiti or Bora Bora. I watched a few episodes of Season 2. It didn't interest me. I didn't care for the time-switching, but I'm not sure how else they could have told the story. Maybe if they'd just told it in chronological order.