Poll

Why is thier no Sniper corryelous effect on north to south shots?

Because the earth is flat
5 (45.5%)
Or because of righty tighty lefty loosy. Looking due north rights east and west is left
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 31, 2017, 07:39:13 PM

Honest Questions about corryelous effect plzz real answers

• 52 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Honest Questions about corryelous effect plzz real answers
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »
Sez tha douch!!!!!!!!!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »
Drops mike!!!!!!###!!1!1!!!#

Why does everyone abuse Mike?
Cuz raninoz TUCHES himself!!!!!!!

Screw it . . . *shoots Mike in the face*   !!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 06:39:09 AM »
Well, I never thought I'd say it, but this forum has gone downhill.   It started at such a low point, I didn't think it was possible.

The sad thing is, this is the best current thread.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »
Well, I never thought I'd say it, but this forum has gone downhill.   It started at such a low point, I didn't think it was possible.

Not to mention this debate section is "strictly moderated". I'm still trying to figure out if that was meant as a joke, or..

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:35 AM »

Not to mention this debate section is "strictly moderated". I'm still trying to figure out if that was meant as a joke, or..
The whole thing is a joke, I'm surprised how few people seem to notice.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »

Sez the douche!!!!!!!!!
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 09:00:40 AM »

Sez the douche!!!!!!!!!
Reported for being hoppy.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • Mebs!
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 07:29:47 PM »

Sez the douche!!!!!!!!!

He is

*quietly to self* nailed it

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 07:31:38 PM »
You leave our kangaroos out of this!

They can't help being "hoppy" they were born that way.
You'll be in trouble with Section 18C of some Act or other,  and you wouldn't want that!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »

Sez the douche!!!!!!!!!
Well, thank you very much!
God is real.                                         

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
Here is the question in full Ok. Soo serious question. If the corryelous effect is in fact causeing bullet and or slash target to rise or drop because of rotation of the heliocentric model. Well under that understanding if i make a shot twards north or south on the quote  unquote equator then i should hypotheticaly have to compensate like 100 ft to 200 ft the left of right to make the shot on a 1 mile shot or more. I would realy like an actual fact based response with at least one reference point. Perferably not some back yard chump that could be bribbed 10 g`S to be a coconspirators. So a renoun sciencetist should not be to hard or too much to ask for._. After all you are suppost to be defending a scientific fact we teach children. Just really puzzled

FIELD ARTILLERY, VOL 6, BALLISTICS AND AMMUNITION http://www.uscrow.org/downloads/Ammunition-Guides/Ballistics-and-Ammunition.pdf"The next important factor in drift is *Coriolis acceleration.* ... It would be present if the projectile were fired in a vacuum. It does, however, depend on the latitude and gearing of the gun and on its range. Its effect is opposite north and south of the equator. For long range guns it is sometimes almost as great as the gyroscopic effect."

Marine Corps Manual- Field Artillery Manual Cannon Gunnery- "Deviations From Standard Conditions. - *Rotation of the earth."* http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/fm6-40-ch3.htm

*Modern Exterior Ballistics* (McCoy, Robert [1999]) _a comprehensive text covering the basic free flight dynamics of symmetric projectiles._

Coriolis effect of a 7.62mm Ball M80 Bullet.
500 yards - .6 inches
1000 yards - 2.8 in
1500 yards - 7.6 in
2000 yards - 15.9 in

"The basic principles of ballistic science are developed from a comprehensive definition of the aerodynamic forces that control the flight dynamics of symmetric projectiles. The author carefully starts with the basic vacuum point mass trajectory, adds the effects of drag, discusses the action of winds, simple flat fire approximations, *Coriolis effects* and concludes with the classic modified point mass trajectories."
http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-review-modern-exterior-ballistics.html

The Paris Gun - "The distance was so far that the Coriolis effect — the *rotation of the Earth* — was substantial enough to affect trajectory calculations." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun

INS for Guided Missile Systems - http://techdigest.jhuapl.edu/TD/td2804/Bezick.pdf Pg 2 "Moreover,the desired navigation solution typically is formed relative to a second, *rotating Earth-centered* Earth-fixed (ECEF) coordinate frame, (ie, je, ke), having angular velocity ie, relative to the inertial frame. If the position vector of the missile, r, over the Earth’s surface is desired (latitude, longitude, and altitude), then a model for the ellipsoidal shape of the Earth’s surface must be used.

Nat Geo Encyclopedia on Coriolis- "Military aircraft and missile-control technology must calculate the *Coriolis effect* for similar reasons. The target of an air raid could be missed entirely, and innocent people and civilian structures could be damaged. " http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/coriolis-effect/?ar_a=1

From Principles of Guided Missiles and Nuclear Weapons - "The CORIOLIS FORCE must also be compensated for. It is *caused by the earth's rotation,* and tends to deflect a missile to the right in the northern hemisphere, and to the left in the southern hemisphere." http://archive.hnsa.org/doc/missile/index.htm "The amount of deviation produced by the *coriolis force* depends on the latitude, length, and direction of the missile flight. "

Arms Guide, "Coriolis effect affects everything not firmly attached to the Earth’s surface." , "the vertical component of the trajectory is called Eötvös Effect. " - http://thearmsguide.com/5329/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

Long Range Shooters "Coriolis makes the projectile appear to curve" - http://longrangeshooter.com/2008/05/coriolis-effect/

Applied Ballistics, "There are horizontal and vertical components to Coriolis acceleration." - http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/spindrift.html

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
The funny thing is that my job in the Marine Corps was to radio back to the guns to let tham know how far off their shots were after they assumed and calculated for the Coriolis effect.  What a joke. 

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »
Yeah, because wind, gravity, and air resistance doesn't exist for sniper bullets.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »
In the military, snipers don't use guns.  The term is usually aplied to artilery and naval guns. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 04:51:48 AM »
In the military, snipers don't use guns.  The term is usually aplied to artilery and naval guns.
Now, I wouldn't know much about snipers' weapons or cartridges, but do you think it possible that this crowd might?
          Long Range Shooting: External Ballistics – The Coriolis Effect.
or the video in this post,
          Long Range Snipers & the Coriolis Effect. « on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:51 PM ».

But of course, you are partly right, in that there are numerous effects on the path of a projectile and out to 1,000 yards Coriolis is not the major one.

The article in Wikipedia, External ballistics certainly covers and the Coriolis and Eötvös Effects, but they are way down the list.

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 12:19:33 PM »
In the military, snipers don't use guns. 

I didn't know that; I thought they use rifles, which are a type of gun.

Do they use longbows? Slingshots? Hurled insults? Or are they armed with death-dealing hangovers? ;)
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »
Why doesn't the coriolis effect, effect airplanes? ???
God is real.                                         

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »
In the military, snipers don't use guns. 

I didn't know that; I thought they use rifles, which are a type of gun.

Do they use longbows? Slingshots? Hurled insults? Or are they armed with death-dealing hangovers? ;)
In the military, starting from Basic Training / Boot Camp,  you never refer to your rifle as your gun. Unless you like to do lots of push ups.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
I think I remember hearing about that in a documentary.  Apparently one is for shooting and the other is for fun.

The first half of the documentary was awesome.  Then the second half was boring as hell.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

frenat

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2016, 04:07:13 PM »
Who says it doesn't?
when you can isolate it from all the other things affecting an airplane, most notably wind, then let us know.

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »

Flight is a balancing act between gravity and lift, and thrust and drag. Small adjustments are constantly being made to maintain the balance.  The Coriolis effect is negligible in this balancing process.  Bullets are simple projectiles, they drop just as fast as when you simply drop them standing still as they do when you shoot them.  Long range accuracy (1000+ yeard) is significantly effected by Coriolis when you're trying to hit someones head with a bullet.

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »
I think I remember hearing about that in a documentary.  Apparently one is for shooting and the other is for fun.

The first half of the documentary was awesome.  Then the second half was boring as hell.

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »

"The coriolis effect" does not effect anything!

But the Coriolis effect affects anything that moves north or south (except at the equator)
and the Eötvös effect affects anything that moves east or west (largest at the equator, but not at all the poles).

Next question?

PS In case you hadn't noticed, aircraft have control surfaces ( ::) those thingos on the tail assembly and the wings that move up and down or left and right!  ::))