Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round

• 94 Replies

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
Re: Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2016, 01:24:49 AM »
It is very clear this video is fake. Just admit it.

Why should I 'admit' it's fake when it is no such thing? You posted a bunch of claims that all appear in the youtube comments and none of them really stand up. Are you going it admit that the sun does not appear randomly? Are you going to admit that the person you claim is walking backwards isn't? Are you going to admit that actually a lot can happen in 4 minutes?

I think only one or two of my claims appears in the youtube comments.  Stop being deceitful.  The sun appears randomly when the guy pops up to take a photo of himself.  I already know you will claim some bs for that so don't bother.

You need to admit the following:

1) This is not a video, but a string of images.
2) The camera has been manipulated during the course of this string of images
3) Multiple agencies have been involved with this animation

My definition of fake in reference to this 'video' is that the images are not all from a one day period, and the images have been edited. 

This is my opinion, do your own research on the 20 points I posted and believe whatever you want.
Please be more specific on point 1

At what speed does a camera need to take images for it to become a Silicon-certified video?

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

And at what speed does a video need to be played for it to become a Silicon-certified video?
1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

I think that it does not really matter, as long as you REPLAY the taken images at a speed where the human brain cant see individual frames anymore. Movies for example are recorded and played at 24 fps.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:27:53 AM by Denspressure »
):

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2016, 03:03:19 AM »
Can you be absolutely certain it is the same person? Can you be absolutely certain it is even a person?

To be fair can you be absolutely certain that Antarctica gets 24 hour sunlight? I can't say I am absolutely certain, as I haven't been there and I don't know anyone personally who has.

I agree with you on the video it looks like I would expect it to, although I am no video expert.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

Why should I 'admit' it's fake when it is no such thing? You posted a bunch of claims that all appear in the youtube comments and none of them really stand up. Are you going it admit that the sun does not appear randomly? Are you going to admit that the person you claim is walking backwards isn't? Are you going to admit that actually a lot can happen in 4 minutes?

I think only one or two of my claims appears in the youtube comments.  Stop being deceitful.  The sun appears randomly when the guy pops up to take a photo of himself.  I already know you will claim some bs for that so don't bother.

My definition of fake in reference to this 'video' is that the images are not all from a one day period, and the images have been edited. 

This is my opinion, do your own research on the 20 points I posted and believe whatever you want.

At what speed does a camera need to take images for it to become a Silicon-certified video?

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

And at what speed does a video need to be played for it to become a Silicon-certified video?
1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

I think that it does not really matter, as long as you REPLAY the taken images at a speed where the human brain cant see individual frames anymore. Movies for example are recorded and played at 24 fps.

It does matter.  A video does not require any post-editing to create, where as a string of images requires this. Thus by default it is perfectly acceptable to say this animation was edited and settle nicely into a round earth fart cloud of ambiguity.

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
I think only one or two of my claims appears in the youtube comments.  Stop being deceitful. 

Not deceitful. It is my opinion that you got them from there. If I was wrong and you just made them up yourself then bully for you.

The sun appears randomly when the guy pops up to take a photo of himself.  I already know you will claim some bs for that so don't bother.

You know a lot with understanding anything. The sun does not appear randomly at all. The only time the sun actually appears is from

That's generally how time lapses work. I have made numerous time lapse videos using still images myself and it did not require any image editing.

You know this how? I see one guy at 11:21:08 who is very close to the camera and a couple of frames either side of that where there is something obscuring part of the image. You have no evidence of any manipulation.

You know this how?

You know this how? The images are all timestamped and cover a 33 hour period. Feel free to prove otherwise, or maybe email the people who made it. Why don't you do that?

I already have. I also gave you some examples as to why you were wrong but you haven't acknowledged them. Wonder why.

Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2016, 08:05:39 AM »
You haven;t read my other posts, you haven't admitted to any facts, you haven't made sense on most of what you just posted

So therefore its pointless to debate with you.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

It does matter.  A video does not require any post-editing to create, where as a string of images requires this. Thus by default it is perfectly acceptable to say this animation was edited and settle nicely into a round earth fart cloud of ambiguity.

It can be called absolutely fake solely because it is a time laps, and not a drastically speed-up video?
Just because you don't HAVE to manually make a string of pictures from a time-laps to make a video doesn't mean a video can't be faked either.

You can literally just as easily render an animation at 30fps, safe in in a  24hour long video, and speed the video up to shorten it to 30 minutes or something.

You are claiming this : "a video does not require post-editing to create." I do not see how this means a 30fps video can not be faked. You can edit each individual frame EASILY.

A VIDEO IS A STRING OF IMAGES TAKEN IN A FAST SEQUENCE, YOU KNOW.

-------

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

):

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
Here are a bunch of live webcams in Antarctica for flatties to debunk. Most have a time-lapse sequence for the last day of two! The Davis station even has a 360 degree fisheye lens time-lapse, which, if clouds allow, shows the sun all day long. Have fun looking for the one or two frames that are the exception to the rule! http://www.ostamyy.com/webcams-Antarctica.htm

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

1 fps?
10 fps?
20 fps?
50 fps?

It can be called absolutely fake solely because it is a time laps, and not a drastically speed-up video?
Just because you don't HAVE to manually make a string of pictures from a time-laps to make a video doesn't mean a video can't be faked either.

You can literally just as easily render an animation at 30fps, safe in in a  24hour long video, and speed the video up to shorten it to 30 minutes or something.

You are claiming this : "a video does not require post-editing to create." I do not see how this means a 30fps video can not be faked. You can edit each individual frame EASILY.

A VIDEO IS A STRING OF IMAGES TAKEN IN A FAST SEQUENCE, YOU KNOW.

It is impossible to have a string of images make a 'video' without editing.
It is possible to have a video without any editing.

Why is this so difficult for you ???

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
It is impossible to have a string of images make a 'video' without editing.
If by "editing" you mean "human intervention to edit", this isn't true.  There are many devices that produce in-camera video directly from still images, no after-capture editing required.  They capture the images exactly the same way a video camera does, assembling them exactly the same way a video camera does, except at the extremely slow rate required for time lapse instead of the fast frame rate required for real-time video.

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »
All videos are "a bunch of images stitched together" just normally the camera is the.one doing the stitching.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
My perspective is that videos are a series of frames stored as numbers not photographs, that's why you call them videos and not animations.

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

Guess what a picture is...

A bunch of pixels!
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
My perspective is that videos are a series of frames stored as numbers not photographs, that's why you call them videos and not animations.
This definition does not exclude time lapse video in general, nor this time lapse video specifically, nor real-time speed video.  Where are we trying to go with this?

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

A bunch of pixels!

Good, you can call a picture a frame then.  Heck why not just call videos photos.  'Hey everybody, did you see those cool photos I posted on youtube!?' Let me know how that works out for you.

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2016, 01:22:43 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

A bunch of pixels!

Good, you can call a picture a frame then.  Heck why not just call videos photos.  'Hey everybody, did you see those cool photos I posted on youtube!?' Let me know how that works out for you.

Nope, Better just call them atoms.  Guess what this computer I'm typing on is?  Atoms. Guess what you are? Atoms.  Best just to stick with atoms.  You'll be on the right track  ;D

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2016, 01:25:27 PM »
This definition does not exclude time lapse video in general, nor this time lapse video specifically, nor real-time speed video.  Where are we trying to go with this?

Apparently nowhere, other than we all realize the original photos he posted on youtube are fake

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
Where are we trying to go with this?
Apparently nowhere, other than we all realize the original photos he posted on youtube are fake
No, there are several of us who do not agree with that assessment.  Myself among them.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

A bunch of pixels!

Congratulations, right down to your usual standard!

Is this simple enough?
  • A "photograph" is a term used for a single image of some object or scene.

• A photograph was originally stored as a set of altered molecules of a sheet of metal, then on glass, then on some sort of plastic and finally on paper as prints.

• Photographs are now usually stored as digital "images", that is sets of pixels (numbers representing hues and brightness) and stored on some digital medium.

A video is a sequence of photographs or images representing the state of the scene at succeeding instants in time.

Any video is composed of a sequence of images taken at certain time intervals (commonly 40 ms for 25 fps or 33.3 ms for 30 fps).

A time lapse video is no different, except that the time interval is very much greater than the interval used to display the video.
This interval may be anywhere from a second of so to hours, days or even much longer.

There is nothing inherently special or different about "time lapse". It was often done using film, but, of course, is now almost invariably done on digitall media.

Of course, photos and videos have been faked for a century, most Cinema films obviously could be called "fakes" and
the use of digital media makes the process easier, but I doubt that it makes detecting fakes any easier or harder.

Anyway Silicon by being so trivial and quite ridiculous with so many of your posts you are only making yourself look quite ridiculous.

Keep it up!

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

A bunch of pixels!

Sure. "hey guys, look at all these photos flashing by at 30 frames per second"
Please give me ideas.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:18 PM »
Guess what's frame is...

A bunch of pixels!

A bunch of pixels!

Sure. "hey guys, look at all these photos flashing by at 30 frames per second"
No problem, Silicon's real quick at spotting fakes, he can pick 'em in a millisecond. Nothing gets past that super-computer silicon brain of his.

Mind you, I can't work out what this has to do with "Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round"?

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »
Quote from: rabinoz
A video is a sequence of photographs or images representing the state of the scene at succeeding instants in time.

Really. What about video compression, changes in a data stream, and key frames?

Quote from: rabinoz
No problem, Silicon's real quick at spotting fakes, he can pick 'em in a millisecond. Nothing gets past that super-computer silicon brain of his.

Mind you, I can't work out what this has to do with "Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round"?

Did your encyclopedia logorrhoea finally short circuit?  Maybe I shouldn't question it and just be happy you're making sense now.

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Video compression saves redundant items that persist for several frames, reducing the amount of data needed to store the video. Still images though, just with less data needed to store it.

And keybframes are images that somebody or something thought was impprtant.
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »
Video compression saves redundant items that persist for several frames, reducing the amount of data needed to store the video. Still images though, just with less data needed to store it.

What is it with you guys?  Did you get drunk at the RE circle jerk meeting again?

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »
Apparently so. And it appears you are the pivot man.

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2016, 06:23:56 PM »

What is it with you guys?  Did you get drunk at the RE circle jerk meeting again?
I'm not at the legal age yet.

Please enlighten me, what exactly is video compression if its not what I said?
Please give me ideas.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »
Good, you can call a picture a frame then.  Heck why not just call videos photos.

I think you're on to something. But for photos taken in rapid succession, it's going to look like things are moving. Move. Pictures that move...

I'VE GOT IT! Let's call them "movies."

But why stop there? If we can find a way to get sound into those "movies," like when people are talking, we could call them "talkies!"

I think you're on to something. We just might be making it into the 20th century.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
Good, you can call a picture a frame then.  Heck why not just call videos photos.

I think you're on to something. But for photos taken in rapid succession, it's going to look like things are moving. Move. Pictures that move...

But why stop there? If we can find a way to get sound into those "movies," like when people are talking, we could call them "talkies!"

I think you're on to something. We just might be making it into the 20th century.
Not at Silicon's rate of progress!  We'll be back to Daguerreotype soon.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »

The internet is going to blow his mind!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »

The internet is going to blow his mind!
I wonder how he'll react when he finds out that all these devices that the internet depends are made from
SILICONRIP Silicon!

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
This reminds me of playing the game Whack-a-Mole.  I keep defeating you with logic and reason but you still pop up with more nonsense 8)