Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round

• 94 Replies
Re: Sun rises in Lima do earlier than NY proves the earth can't be round
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »
You should watch some real ones then. Why do you choose to only watch fake stuff?

It seems that's only what is available.  It's almost as if 24 hr daylight in Antarctica does not exist :o
Must be tough not to exist when it is a tourist attraction.
http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/Flights-to-Antarctica/Melbourne-31-December-2016

Looks like this is a flight 'over' Antartica and has nothing to do with 24hr daylight there so I'm not sure what your point is

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 11:30:17 PM »
You should watch some real ones then. Why do you choose to only watch fake stuff?

It seems that's only what is available.  It's almost as if 24 hr daylight in Antarctica does not exist :o
http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/Flights-to-Antarctica/Melbourne-31-December-2016

Looks like this is a flight 'over' Antartica and has nothing to do with 24hr daylight there so I'm not sure what your point is

Erm..because it is over Antarctica in the middle of the night and it will be daylight?

The delineation of the Arctic and Antarctic circles is done by looking at where you can see 24 hours of daylight at least once a year. It is not limited exclusively to the Antarctic landmass or the south pole exclusively. This flight clearly states that it will be over Antarctica in the night and that it will be lit by the sun.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »

Frankly, I don't know how people can even live with themselves, when they effectively call all those with contrary evidence liars!

Map distances prove that the earth cannot be flat - and the reply seems to be that all Geodetic Surveyors are "Freemasons" and deliberately lying,
Satellite Photos prove that the Earth is a Globe - and the reply is that NASA and all space agencies are liars.
Anyone who has been to Antarctica knows that there is 24 hour daylight in mid summer - and yet any videos of that gets called lies (or fakes, same thing)!
Ship and airline navigators (especially before GPS) must know the shape of the earth - and the reply seems to be that all are liars.
Airline route planners and pilots must know the shape of the earth to plan for fuel loads on planes - - and the reply seems to be that effectively all are liars.
People living in the Southern Hemisphere generally know that stars rotate clockwise about the South Celestial Pole - I at least have literally been called a liar for claiming that FACT.

It seems ludicrous that there are some that can look at a poor internet copy of a photo of video and instantly it is a fake. In some of these the reason the photo is claimed to be a fake is no more that jpeg artifacts that disappear when a high resolution uncompressed version in examined - some are just too smart for their boots.

Now the Flat Earth proponents might not always use the term "liars", but that is effectively what they are saying.

What a pitiful group to claim that anyone with contrary evidence is lying! I suppose some feel so superior knowing that they have THE TRUTH and most others don't.

Rab, you do such a great job of beating that tired old drum but I think you forgot to add, FE is dumb, there is no proof of FE and No one believes in FE - you covered 'everyone has to be in on it so it couldn't be real' pretty well though, so overall you get +5 credits for today. 

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »

Erm..because it is over Antarctica in the middle of the night and it will be daylight?

The delineation of the Arctic and Antarctic circles is done by looking at where you can see 24 hours of daylight at least once a year. It is not limited exclusively to the Antarctic landmass or the south pole exclusively. This flight clearly states that it will be over Antarctica in the night and that it will be lit by the sun.

Right. You only spend 2-3 hours and "Qantas has prepared 19 different flight plans to enable the Captain to choose the best possible routing, taking weather conditions into account. "

I'm sure nothing here could be manipulated in any way

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »
Rab, you do such a great job of beating that tired old drum but I think you forgot to add, FE is dumb, there is no proof of FE and No one believes in FE - you covered 'everyone has to be in on it so it couldn't be real' pretty well though, so overall you get +5 credits for today.
Why not say it like it is?
What I said is absolutely correct. I and others have literally been called liars for claiming personal observations that don't fit FE ideas.

You can ridicule all you like, but any evidence against the flat earth ends up being ignored or those presentating the evidence are accused of faking the evidence
 - in other words they are accused of lying.

So, according to flat earthers anyone opposing them must be lying.

In a later post you effectively accuse executives QANTAS of deception with
Right. You only spend 2-3 hours and "Qantas has prepared 19 different flight plans to enable the Captain to choose the best possible routing, taking weather conditions into account."
Like it or not, the South Pole has daylight at least from September 22 to March 20, and almost all of Antarctica has 24 hours daylight on December 21.
That's simply factual.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »

Right. You only spend 2-3 hours and "Qantas has prepared 19 different flight plans to enable the Captain to choose the best possible routing, taking weather conditions into account. "

Like what, fly to the North Pole?
Lol you flat brainers will make anything up so you can sleep at night.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 09:51:59 AM »

What is the time zone in Antarctica?  Oh thats right, there is none.  Who's watch are we going to go by when it's midnight? Oh thats right, no one knows. Where is this flight going to go exactly? Oh thats right no one knows.  Who's making all the decisions in planning this?  Oh thats right no one knows.  When exactly does the flight depart and arrive? It's subject to change. How many hours of viewing are you able to get to verify 24hr sunlight over Antarctica? Only 2-3.

Good job with this excellent piece of evidence.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »

What is the time zone in Antarctica?  Oh thats right, there is none.  Who's watch are we going to go by when it's midnight? Oh thats right, no one knows. Where is this flight going to go exactly? Oh thats right no one knows.  Who's making all the decisions in planning this?  Oh thats right no one knows.  When exactly does the flight depart and arrive? It's subject to change. How many hours of viewing are you able to get to verify 24hr sunlight over Antarctica? Only 2-3.

It is possible for you to disprove it and show us all the true path. All you need is a ticket.

You'd need to leave your basement though

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »

It is possible for you to disprove it and show us all the true path. All you need is a ticket.

You'd need to leave your basement though

I'd suggest you buy a ticket but I don't think they serve enough bananas on that flight

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »

I've seen several fake 24hr sunlight in Antarctica timelapse videos but this one is really fake.

I'm curious as to why you believe this is fake. Care to explain?
):

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 12:58:19 PM »

I've seen several fake 24hr sunlight in Antarctica timelapse videos but this one is really fake.

I'm curious as to why you believe this is fake. Care to explain?

Numerous problems with this video, but the sun appears to be an hour ahead in location after only 24 hrs.

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 01:27:23 PM »
What's that supposed to mean?
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
It means this video was most likely spliced together over about a months time frame.

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
It means this video was most likely spliced together over about a months time frame.

Can you be more specific about why you think that? Is there anything to be seen in the video that would lead to this conclusion? If you can provide video timings and what to look out for that would be helpful.

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 06:58:03 PM »

Can you be more specific about why you think that? Is there anything to be seen in the video that would lead to this conclusion? If you can provide video timings and what to look out for that would be helpful.

20:01:06 23/1/99 Sun exits left stage
18:04:28 24/1/99 Sun exits left stage

How can the sun be in such different positions in the sky over the course of one day?

Not to mention the other 20 or so oddities that make this video complete nonsense.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »

How can the sun be in such different positions in the sky over the course of one day?

Not to mention the other 20 or so oddities that make this video complete nonsense.
At 20:01:06 23/1/99 Sun the sun isn't in the pictures, so try again. Maybe list the 20 oddities.
This will be good.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »

At 20:01:06 23/1/99 Sun the sun isn't in the pictures, so try again. Maybe list the 20 oddities.
This will be good.

That's my point. Try again. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 09:19:03 PM »
Your "point" sucks balls. Try again.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:18 AM »
You and your ball fantasies  ::)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »
So no list of the 20 oddities?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

I see what you mean. It's difficult to tell with the sun being out of shot but certainly the illumination of the left hand sky appears to continue later on the 23rd than the 24th. My interpretation would be that we are seeing illuminated cloud on the left hand side as the video starts whereas there's no cloud the following day. What do you think?

What are the other oddities?

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »
Would never disappoint you

#1   Sun issues and timing described earlier
#2   Sun appears for another brief second in another frame (when it shouldn't be there)
#3   American Flag, and British flag disappear and reappear in same spot
#4   Large far away background structures change drastically 
#5   Something covers a large portion of the camera at one point
#6   Guy pops up and changes the lighting on camera and then changes it back again
#7   Guy pops up to take a picture of the camera with his flip phone
#8   Pole on top right of structure grows and shrinks throughout video
#9   Red flags on very left appear then disappear / Flag on very right disappears
#10  Red flags on left jump position
#11  Perfectly straight black line following sun across camera
#12  Small window on structure instantly changes hue / lighting
#13  Black blob on bottom left part of video after some time
#14  Shadows appearing/disappearing where they do not belong (clearly remember a guys shaddow against the door, with no guy)
#15  Appears some people are moving in reverse
#16  Shadows, Lighting, Hues, Saturation, Etc all inconsistent with 1 day time frame
#17  Wind completely blowing some flags straight out, other flags doing absolutely zero
#18  Needle on measuring device jumps to 0 right before sun comes into view
#19  Snow has shifted quite noticeably over the course of the month er I mean day
#20  Wires and ropes to left of structure magically appear and disappear

onebigmonkey

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »

#2   Sun appears for another brief second in another frame (when it shouldn't be there)
#6   Guy pops up and changes the lighting on camera and then changes it back again
#9   Red flags on very left appear then disappear / Flag on very right disappears
#14  Shadows appearing/disappearing where they do not belong (clearly remember a guys shaddow against the door, with no guy)
#16  Shadows, Lighting, Hues, Saturation, Etc all inconsistent with 1 day time frame
#17  Wind completely blowing some flags straight out, other flags doing absolutely zero
#19  Snow has shifted quite noticeably over the course of the month er I mean day

I think pretty much everything you've put there is your own spin on thing based entirely on your preconception that it is fake.

I've downloaded the video and checked through it frame by frame in Adobe Premiere and there isn't anything there that I find to be suspicious or inconsistent. Some of the things you claim happen don't seem to. The video covers 33 hours in 406 frames. Each frame is taken 4 minutes apart, but occasionally one is missing and there is a longer gap.

Your suggestion that people are walking backwards is just someone photographed in roughly the same place a few minutes apart - it's like when wheels appear to spin backwards thanks to the frame rate in the camera.

When you say flags disappear and reappear, they do, usually with people in shot. You think they might have something to do with that? You

I don't see the sun appear and disappear when it shouldn't, but what i do see is an entirely consistent movement of shadows on the ground as the sun goes around the horizon.

Here's the camera website:

http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/southpolediaries/webcam.html

Email them. Call them liars. See how that works out.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2016, 01:42:33 AM »

You do realise:
            1) that video is a compilation of stills taken roughly 49 secs apart? A lot can change in that time.
            2) that the sun shining directly into the lens can cause odd effects.
Don't you think that if someone was trying to fake a video. they would do a better job and fool a smart alec like you with no trouble.

Of course there is 24 hour sunlight in Antarctica, exactly as it is in the Arctic. And, on the equinoxes both the North an South Poles have 24 hour daylight.

onebigmonkey

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:27 AM »
Let's look at the whole 'walking backwards' thing in more detail.

It seems to stem from two frames taken 4 minutes and 3 seconds apart, and here are those two frames superimposed.

The red square highlights what the youtube comments seem to assume is a person walking in the same direction (veeeeeeeeeery slooooooooooowly) as the next frame definitely showing a person.

Note that what appears to be a leg below the red square isn't - it's part of the structure behind which the figure is partially hidden.

Can you tell with any certainty which direction the person inside the red square is heading? Can you be absolutely certain it is the same person? Can you be absolutely certain it is even a person?

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2016, 08:43:15 AM »
It is very clear this video is fake. Just admit it.

I followed some links from that site and found a list of south pole movies.  Take a look at the months, Oct-Feb 2011,2012.  where the sun supposedly never sets.  Watch the flag shadows as they go around but stop between the positions of 3 and 11 o'clock and then repeat.   I did not see a single time during those months where there was not an '8 hr cut' out of the sequence

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/obop/spo/movies.html

Its really just sad, but hey believe whatever you want to believe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:45:44 AM by Silicon »

onebigmonkey

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

Why should I 'admit' it's fake when it is no such thing? You posted a bunch of claims that all appear in the youtube comments and none of them really stand up. Are you going it admit that the sun does not appear randomly? Are you going to admit that the person you claim is walking backwards isn't? Are you going to admit that actually a lot can happen in 4 minutes?

I followed some links from that site and found a list of south pole movies.  Take a look at the months, Oct-Feb 2011,2012.  where the sun supposedly never sets.  Watch the flag shadows as they go around but stop between the positions of 3 and 11 o'clock and then repeat.   I did not see a single time during those months where there was not an '8 hr cut' out of the sequence

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/obop/spo/movies.html

Does any one of those videos, each one showing a month, claim to show a single continuous unbroken 24 hour period? Did you bother to check the time stamps for all the frames showing broad daylight?  Do you have any explanation for the June 2004 video on there?

Its really just sad, but hey believe whatever you want to believe.

It's pretty sad to see how desperately you're clinging on to a delusion.

Did you email them yet?

onebigmonkey

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2016, 09:38:47 AM »
Oh, and don't forget to keep watching the live camera:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/obop/spo/livecamera.html

or arrange a visit:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/about/visiting.html
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:42:57 AM by onebigmonkey »

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »
Most of these objections (1, 3, 5-7, 9, 10, 12, 13-15, 18) can be explained by the fact that we are not watching sped-up continuous video, but widely separated snapshots.  Condensing over 24 hrs into a 16 second video means each frame is separated in time from the previous frame by minutes.  Things happen during the unrecorded time between frames.  Some (8, 11, 16, 20) are explained by either the rubbish image quality or the fact that the camera seems to be automatically adjusting to the ambient light conditions, resulting in different exposure and different appearance of the scene.  Others (2, 4, 17, 19) I don't see the event you saw, can you give the date/time they happen?

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2016, 10:34:10 AM »

Why should I 'admit' it's fake when it is no such thing? You posted a bunch of claims that all appear in the youtube comments and none of them really stand up. Are you going it admit that the sun does not appear randomly? Are you going to admit that the person you claim is walking backwards isn't? Are you going to admit that actually a lot can happen in 4 minutes?

I think only one or two of my claims appears in the youtube comments.  Stop being deceitful.  The sun appears randomly when the guy pops up to take a photo of himself.  I already know you will claim some bs for that so don't bother.

You need to admit the following:

1) This is not a video, but a string of images.
2) The camera has been manipulated during the course of this string of images
3) Multiple agencies have been involved with this animation

My definition of fake in reference to this 'video' is that the images are not all from a one day period, and the images have been edited. 

This is my opinion, do your own research on the 20 points I posted and believe whatever you want.