RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?

• 95 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?
« on: October 16, 2016, 05:07:37 PM »
Every few years, RET keeps changing the position of Australia on their map. 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles - just to try to keep it accurate with the round earth theory.

Their reason: it's floating away.

Aside from the absurdity of a giant mass of silicates, iron, and other heavy metals floating across the oceans - don't you RE'ers get concerned that your maps are never accurate?

FET has no such inconsistencies.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »
Every few years, RET keeps changing the position of Australia on their map. 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles...
Citation please.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

narcberry

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 05:18:56 PM »
Every few years, RET keeps changing the position of Australia on their map. 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles...
Citation please.

For which move? It seems to happen at least annually...

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
Citation for the "hundreds of miles statement please."

A team of scientists is about to recalculate the nation's latitude and longitude coordinates, which are currently out by more than 1.5 metres.

It will improve the accuracy of all spatial information across the nation for a myriad of services including transportation, personal navigation and surveying.

The framework currently in use, known as the Geocentric Datum of Australia, was last updated in 1994.

Because Australia sits on the fastest moving continental tectonic plate in the world, coordinates measured in the past continue changing over time.

The continent is moving north by about 7 centimetres each year, colliding with the Pacific Plate, which is moving west about 11 centimetres each year.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/aust-latitude-longitude-coordinates-out-by-1-5m-scientists/7666858

That's how you cite something Narc, just for next time.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

narcberry

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
If we erase the corrections for the last few centuries, here's the "round earth" :

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 05:35:16 PM »
Oh wow a map from before Australia was discovered, cool.

Now, how about that citation?
I'm anti-judaism.

narcberry

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
Oh wow a map from before Australia was discovered, cool.

Now, how about that citation?

You posted one yourself just minutes ago. Don't tell me you really need a citation for your citation.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »
My citation is for 1.5 metres, are you admitting you were being intentionally dishonest?

As for no inconsistencies,

Another win for the southern hempisphere.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
Every few years, RET keeps changing the position of Australia on their map. 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles - just to try to keep it accurate with the round earth theory.

Aside from the absurdity of a giant mass of silicates, iron, and other heavy metals floating across the oceans - don't you RE'ers get concerned that your maps are never accurate?

Australia is an island continent and moves, slowly, and in a predictable manner.  I doubt maps have been changed by hundreds of miles in modern times.
There is no inconsistency.  Your claim that FE has no inconsistency is laughable as it has yet to produce a map that matches reality.

narcberry

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »
My citation is for 1.5 metres, are you admitting you were being intentionally dishonest?

That is the last time it was (will be) moved. It occurs regularly - as if RE'ers just can't pin down where Australia actually is!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 05:48:22 PM »

That is the last time it was (will be) moved. It occurs regularly - as if RE'ers just can't pin down where Australia actually is!
I'm going to assume you simply had not read the response pointing out that, in fact, Australia does move, slowly and predictably.  No inconsistency at all.
However I challenge you to show an Fe map without glaring inconsistencies

narcberry

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
That's the absurd part - the assumption by RE'ers that Australia is floating away. I'm blown away that you assert that as fact, it would sink long before it would float across the map...

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 05:55:44 PM »
That's the absurd part - the assumption by RE'ers that Australia is floating away. I'm blown away that you assert that as fact, it would sink long before it would float across the map...
you're right.  It's a giant island floating on pontoons out in the ocean.  It moves so much it's actually hard to schedule flights there.  You can check out flight times.  Sometimes a flight from LA takes 12 hours, sometimes it takes 4.  Once it actually bumped into the Philippines.  That's actually what started WW2, in the pacific anyway

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:56 PM »

Sorry did you just imply that Australia is floating?
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 06:18:34 PM »
Looks like he's answered his own question. Victory for RE, right?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »
??? Why should Australia sink?  If a 225,000 ton cruise ship can float, then why shouldn't Australia be able to float?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:33 PM »
??? Why should Australia sink?  If a 225,000 ton cruise ship can float, then why shouldn't Australia be able to float?

Is that ship made out of sand and tea trees with kangaroos and kolas on top? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »

Well, it does have a small forest.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 09:38:57 PM »
The continents do not float on a sea of molten rock. The continental and oceanic crusts sit on a thick layer of solid rock known as the mantle. While there is a layer of liquid rock in the earth known as the outer core, this layer is about 3000 km below earth's surface and is separated from the surface by the thick solid mantle. The tectonic plates do not slowly drift over time because they are floating on a layer of liquid rock. They drift because they are sitting on a layer of solid rock (the upper mantle or "asthenosphere") that is weak and ductile enough that it can flow very slowly under heat convention, somewhat like a liquid.

http://sciencequestionswithsurprisinganswers.org/mobile/2013/07/18/what-keeps-the-continents-floating-on-a-sea-of-molten-rock/

Well there you go, I'm learning something.
I'm anti-judaism.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 09:40:04 PM »
markjo gave the koalas chlamydia.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
Just how large are these movements?
A team of scientists is about to recalculate the nation's latitude and longitude coordinates, which are currently out by more than 1.5 metres.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Because Australia sits on the fastest moving continental tectonic plate in the world, coordinates measured in the past continue changing over time.
The continent is moving north by about 7 centimetres each year, colliding with the Pacific Plate, which is moving west about 11 centimetres each year.
From: Australia's latitude and longitude coordinates out by more than 1.5 metres
Now please come up with proof of your claim that Australia moved 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles.

The 600 feet figure I know about. Australia did not move, but in 1994 Australia adopted the GDA94 coordinate system to be consistent with GPS location across the world, see in Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA).

Now as for the Flat Earth knowing where Australia is. The Flat Earth Societies don't even know the shape of a map of the world. Last time it came up, jroa I believe asserted that there is no "official flat earth map" and various Flat Earthers seem to think the world looks like:

Flat Earth Ice Wall Map

Bipolar Flat Earth

Map Northern Hemiplane, DET

Map Southern Hemiplane

All of these maps are proposed by various quite active flat earthers.
The left is of course is the (un)official "Ice Wall Map",
the next is the "Bipolar Map" "pushed" by Tom Bishop who is very prominent on TFES.org, and
the two on the right are the North and South Hemiplanes of JRoweskeptic's Dual Earth Theory.
Then of course you should ask Sandokhan what the earth looks like!

And have a look at

İntikam's, "New Map Suggest"

You claim that the Flat Earth Sociaty has no such problem as Australia "moving"! It can even find even find Australia in the first place!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 03:20:01 PM by rabinoz »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »

?? "kolas on top" ?? We have Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola, I've never heard of "kola", and why would you put them "on top"?

I know is "kola" a new type of hat?

I just can't match your and narcberry's level of stupidity, but I can try.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »
If we keep moving around Australia, the dangerous animals that live there won't be able to find us, hence keeping ourselves safe.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »

You do realise that most of the time you seem to post completely unfounded absurdities and then claim those absurdities are a "clear victory for the FE"!

If that's a victory, I'd hate to see a defeat.

Please quote your basis for claiming both of these "a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles" or I'll be tempted to call you out as a bare-faced liar!

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »

No. I believe they made out of steel.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »
This narcberry character sounds like a complete clown. Yet he can write proper sentences. it would appear something is very definately 'off' with him. Is there some kind of history with him?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 01:17:16 AM »
Seriously, Mods, I don't often (ever) complain about other posters like this but fliggs has 400 posts of personal attacks and gaslighting. Not once have I seen him contribute anything other than insults to a thread.

He just got off a ban for personal attacks then the day he comes back he is doing the same things he was banned for.

At Fliggs does it really make you feel better about yourself and the life you made calling flat earthers "insane"?

Could you go on without logging on to call people crazy every few days?

If so, then please do.

Also, yuck I stood up for Narc :-/
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 01:50:26 AM »
Seriously, Mods, I don't often (ever) complain about other posters like this but fliggs has 400 posts of personal attacks and gaslighting. Not once have I seen him contribute anything other than insults to a thread.

He just got off a ban for personal attacks then the day he comes back he is doing the same things he was banned for.

At Fliggs does it really make you feel better about yourself and the life you made calling flat earthers "insane"?

Could you go on without logging on to call people crazy every few days?

If so, then please do.

Also, yuck I stood up for Narc :-/

Hey boofhead. I wasnt banned. I was... WORKING. And no, people don't die if I don't do my job well, like you claim.

I have offered a great deal of commentary on a great number of posts, but all you see are the ones you think you see. But like it or not, many of the people who are not trolls but sincerely beleive this FE nonsense ARE travelling this world with the handicap of a delusional viewpoint. Initkam is either a very, very good troll or (and this is a technical term) 'nutty as a fruitcake'.

To be honest, people like YOU need some help the way you engage with their lunacy (like Jane) as if there was a single skerrick of scientific merit to them.

Grow a set and start accepting that not everyone is as gullible as you (or as ready with a rather obviously false bio).

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:04 AM »
This narcberry character sounds like a complete clown. Yet he can write proper sentences. it would appear something is very definately 'off' with him. Is there some kind of history with him?
Just try to "interpret" these! Then you will some background.

. . . . . . . .
Can you give another example of that?  I've never seen a thing that would magnify the apparent size of something the farther it got away from you.  How exactly does that work?  I also don't see how it then dips below the horizon.  Also how then does the light strike the top of a mountain at sunrise and leave it last at sunset.
yeah, basically the light from the sun is focused at a > 0 degree angle, as it refracts through the humidity in our atmosphere it creates this optical illusion as well as rainbows. This effect is described in much more detail from Tom Bishop. You'll need to use the search tool to find additional reading. Fascinating stuff really.
And
. . . . . . . . . . .
That doesn't explain how the sun stays the same size as it supposedly moves away, perspective dictates it would get smaller.  Nor does it explain how the sun gradually dips below the horizon instead of blending with it.  In fact I can't really see what it does explain.
The sun is a convex mirror reflecting starlight along a uniform path - that unique optical property makes it appear the same size at varying distances.
And
The sun after/before twilight is behind a lot more of earths atmosphere than the stars are, the stars emit different light, and i don't know why I'm having to explain any of this.
And
Please do not respond to resolved threads, sukarol.
Thanks!
And
Please do not respond to resolved threads.
Thanks!
And
Thanks for your question but this thread is already marked as resolved.
And
I think this thread has been resolved and can be closed now.
Thanks everyone for your contributions, this thread chalks up in favor of FET. Lets keep quality questions like this coming!
And an unlimited posting of
ANOTHER VICTORY FOR FE!!!!
and there's more
www.google.com
Specific link please.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google.com
Still translating all this stuff for me? Well have a go at this!
Antarctica is in every direction planar normal to the surface of the earth.
Still going?
The idea that water is weightless is absurd, but that's exactly what RET predicts. FET explains the heaviness of the oceans quite nicely.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 02:05:07 AM »
So DISPUTEONE....

You dare to send me an abusive personal message then block my right to reply. COWARD.  But for your benefit... here is my response.

"Why would I bother to debate 911 with an idiot like you? You spend more of your time criticising someone who rather obviously knows more about mental illness than you (I am published in the field) than debating the utter foolishness on here.

Inconvenient facts obviously cause you pain. Only one other person bothered to criticise my schizophrenia claims and it was ironic that a few days later, he was making the exact same claims after it became exceedingly obvious. See? Cynics and sceptics can be convinced by evidence. And then there is you...

When discussing conspiracy theorists, yes, most are suffering levels of delusion. There are  those who simply cannot cope with unanswered questions and so become 'conspiracists' to certain levels and ascribe benefits of doubt to 'the conspiracy. That isnt schizophrenia at all because they still possess the ability to be convinced otherwise with an abundance of evidence. But there are those for whom EVERY adverse event, plane crash, mass shooting etc are conspiracies. That is a whole cornucopia of mental illness possibilities.

I am sure you are a 9/11 sceptic, but I bet you dont believe the planes were holograms or that the entire thing was faked. You are clearly not a nutter nor stupid. You are however rather angry for reasons that would be interesting, but doubtless not something you wish to share.

And no, I am not at all interested in wasting my time debating 911 with you. Firstly, I dont care enough to bother and secondly, I would be pretty sure there is no evidence to convince you anyhow. I have read extensively on the physics of falling buildings by some rather impressively credentialled people whom I have no doubt you would presume to debunk with all of your post-doctoral work in material physics.

I dont care. You are too thin-skinned and edgy for me to bother.

And just for the record, I am not a psychologist as I do not have a PhD in THAT discipline. But only last week when I was not posting, it was because I was running a training course for post-grads and post-docs in a science discipline here in Australia."