RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?

• 95 Replies

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
Re: RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2016, 02:05:54 AM »
Sokarul is right, we should all relish in the defeat of narcberry.
Sorry I spent so much time attacking another poster.

ANOTHER DEFEAT FOR NARCBERRY!
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2016, 02:20:15 AM »
It's really just that FE'ers start stupid threads all the time and then run away, while re'ers carry on the thread for pages.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:39 AM »
RET keeps moving Australia on the map, why?

The Australian Plate is moving about 7 centimeters northwards every single year. That's why people keep updating the map.

The question answered. Topic closed.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2016, 11:13:21 AM »
Another victory for RE!!

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »
"Physics teacher" didn't under basic physics or FoR there were a lot of RE "loons" tearing him apart also.

Also this.

So you are not qualified to diagnose people but try to on this forum.

Noted.

I'm intrigued as to how you think quoting YOURSELF in any way adds to its credibility. When my work was cited in a couple of PhD theses recently, that added value to my work. When I quote my own work in subseqent articles (and I do at times), it does not.

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »
Would you two please just at least agree to disagree, shake hands, and go separate ways? Please? I enjoy what both of you contribute, and it was so much better when it was just that. After all, we are on the same team here. OK?

Sincerely,
Everyone

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 08:52:44 AM »
"Physics teacher" didn't under basic physics or FoR there were a lot of RE "loons" tearing him apart also.

Also this.

So you are not qualified to diagnose people but try to on this forum.

Noted.

I'm intrigued as to how you think quoting YOURSELF in any way adds to its credibility. When my work was cited in a couple of PhD theses recently, that added value to my work. When I quote my own work in subseqent articles (and I do at times), it does not.

Really dude? Bragging about your credentials on a semi-anonymous internet forum in order to justify diagnosing/insulting everyone else on that forum? Ugh... I cringed so hard I think I chipped a tooth.

Would you two please just at least agree to disagree, shake hands, and go separate ways? Please? I enjoy what both of you contribute, and it was so much better when it was just that. After all, we are on the same team here. OK?

But... but... the drama!

#TeamEdwardDisputeone

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »
people that tell you australia is floating away are the same science loosers as FE. you cant possibly be arguing for FE by using that bullshit.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »

But... but... the drama!

#TeamEdwardDisputeone

IonSpen thinks anyone who insults FEers is on his team and deserves a reach around.

#TeamDisputeone
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »
Who is doing the insulting?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »

Were you lying when you said you enjoyed his posts? Or do you just automatically think anyone RE is by default on your team? Maybe you should click on his user name and read a few posts.

Is this your first forum?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
Help. help! I don't know where I are!

I wake and find that they have moved Australia again.

I insist that whoever did that put it back immediately or I'll get Donald Trump onto you, so there! Bet that scares you, just low he scared those Mexicans!

Sorry, I just noticed that this thread was started by the Narc, who posts what can only be described as lies.

Now I know it's all a FE scam, I can rest easy!

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2016, 07:41:58 PM »

Were you lying when you said you enjoyed his posts? Or do you just automatically think anyone RE is by default on your team? Maybe you should click on his user name and read a few posts.

Is this your first forum?
Nope, not lying. I enjoy reading what they both have to contribute, aside from the personal bickering, it can be educational. And that I can appreciate. Isn't that what this place is about?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:22 PM »

Maybe you should click on his user name and read a few posts.

If you are in a good mood I do not recommend this action.

I like most of your posts also Ion, for the record I am on no ones team, I'm here to have fun, to talk to intellectuals and free thinkers and to make and keep the friends I have already made here.

I am certainly not on the same team as fliggs, I wouldn't put up with the way he talks to people in real life but I am nearly forced to put up with it here.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »
My fault assumption, I stand corrected. Your dislike must run for much longer than I've been around, clearly you have your reasons. I'll leave it at that, and say "duly noted".

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2016, 08:29:23 PM »
Not at all I just have a personal problem with people gaslighting others and using mental illness as an insult.

I have Bipolar and do just fine, my mother has Schizophrenia and really struggles, I help and support her as best as I can. It did make for a difficult childhood as she was a single parent.

My sister is doing her PhD in psychology currently.

I called fliggs out a few times about calling people "crazy" I have personal experience of the stigma that is put on MI individuals and It really pushes my buttons.

fliggs continues to try to diagnose people here even though he is not qualified to diagnose a headache and that this is a flat earth forum. ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:50 PM »
Not at all I just have a personal problem with people gaslighting others and using mental illness as an insult.

I have Bipolar and do just fine, my mother has Schizophrenia and really struggles, I help and support her as best as I can. It did make for a difficult childhood as she was a single parent.

My sister is doing her PhD in psychology currently.

I called fliggs out a few times about calling people "crazy" I have personal experience of the stigma that is put on MI individuals and It really pushes my buttons.

fliggs continues to try to diagnose people here even though he is not qualified to diagnose a headache and that this is a flat earth forum. ::)
A bit like I feel about people here (well, jroa anyway) using the tern "autistic" in a derogatory sense. Some of the highest achievers have some level of ASD.

Likewise, some look on those with cerebral palsy ("spastic") as lacking in intelligence, when in so many cases they are extremely intelligent, but simply have a speech difficulty.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »
Good point Rab, I completely agree.

fliggs could take a few notes out of your book as to how to debunk something with facts research and science instead of resorting to childish personal attacks

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »
That's the absurd part - the assumption by RE'ers that Australia is floating away. I'm blown away that you assert that as fact, it would sink long before it would float across the map...
you're right.  It's a giant island floating on pontoons out in the ocean.  It moves so much it's actually hard to schedule flights there.  You can check out flight times.  Sometimes a flight from LA takes 12 hours, sometimes it takes 4.  Once it actually bumped into the Philippines.  That's actually what started WW2, in the pacific anyway

I mean truly, is RET even alive anymore?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Hey Narc hows things.

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »
Well at least RET'ers have satellites and cartographers out there checking on distances and movements due to tectonic plates. Poor old FE'ers would have to rely on century old maps with wildy fluctuating distances and directions if they were to travel to Australia. They probably would not make it as they would end up flying over Russia, China or South Korea and being shot down. Either that, or they would turn back for fear of crashing into the Ice Wall of Death when they lost all bearings. Ever wondered why FE'ers have not tried to get to an Antarctic base to check the 24 hour sun? Well now you know the reason.

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2016, 05:41:46 PM »
So your argument is, "the earth is round because people flying to Australia would be shot down by Russians"?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »
So your argument is, "the earth is round because people flying to Australia would be shot down by Russians"?
I wonder you're game to show your face again after the botch you made of that!

You have not yet faced up to the fact that your OP was so much in error that I would consider it quite deceitful.

Right near the beginning we had
Citation for the "hundreds of miles statement please."
I have seen no answer yet. Mind you the thread has been asleep so long, I might have missed it.

So please tell me why you made such a ridiculous claim!

And you can hardly say that Australia has changed from before it was even surveyed - that's so stupid it's not worth a comment.

A month ago I answered all your ridiculous claims! In case you missed it here is is again.
That's the absurd part - the assumption by RE'ers that Australia is floating away. I'm blown away that you assert that as fact, it would sink long before it would float across the map...
Just how large are these movements?
A team of scientists is about to recalculate the nation's latitude and longitude coordinates, which are currently out by more than 1.5 metres.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Because Australia sits on the fastest moving continental tectonic plate in the world, coordinates measured in the past continue changing over time.
The continent is moving north by about 7 centimetres each year, colliding with the Pacific Plate, which is moving west about 11 centimetres each year.
From: Australia's latitude and longitude coordinates out by more than 1.5 metres
Now please come up with proof of your claim that Australia moved 600 feet this way, a couple miles this way, sometimes moving it hundreds of miles.

The 600 feet figure I know about. Australia did not move, but in 1994 Australia adopted the GDA94 coordinate system to be consistent with GPS location across the world, see in Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA).

Now as for the Flat Earth knowing where Australia is. The Flat Earth Societies don't even know the shape of a map of the world. Last time it came up, jroa I believe asserted that there is no "official flat earth map" and various Flat Earthers seem to think the world looks like:

Flat Earth Ice Wall Map

Bipolar Flat Earth

Map Northern Hemiplane, DET

Map Southern Hemiplane

All of these maps are proposed by various quite active flat earthers.
The left is of course, is the (un)official "Ice Wall Map",
the next is the "Bipolar Map" "pushed" by Tom Bishop who is very prominent on TFES.org, and
the two on the right are the North and South Hemiplanes of JRoweskeptic's Dual Earth Theory.
Then of course, you should ask Sandokhan what the earth looks like!

And have a look at this wonder from Intikam (though he's changed it numerous times since then - inconsistencies  ???

İntikam's, "New Map Suggest"

You claim that the Flat Earth Society has no such problem as Australia "moving"! It can't even find even find Australia in the first place!

Yet, you have the audacity to claim that the Globe has inconsistencies when the Flat Earth Societies don't even know the even have a rough layout of the continents.

;D You really are a Joker.  ;D

Please tell us your version of this "consistent" Flat Earth map!  ::) ::) Which map?  ::) ::)

If the arguments for the Flat Earth are so weak that it needs your deception to prop it up, it's doomed.

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »
you're right.  It's a giant island floating on pontoons out in the ocean.  It moves so much it's actually hard to schedule flights there.  You can check out flight times.  Sometimes a flight from LA takes 12 hours, sometimes it takes 4.  Once it actually bumped into the Philippines.  That's actually what started WW2, in the pacific anyway

Sorry my sarcasm went over your head.  I'll be more careful in the future.
In fact, as has been explained to you, the entire plate Australia sits on is moving, so, no it would not sink first.

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2016, 09:07:34 PM »

In fact, as has been explained to you, the entire plate Australia sits on is moving, so, no it would not sink first.

It's not on pontoons but is instead floating on a plate. So you were sarcastic before but are serious now about continental dinnerware?

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2016, 09:44:21 PM »
You are even terrible at trolling, Narc, really.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2016, 09:55:24 PM »
It's not on pontoons but is instead floating on a plate. So you were sarcastic before but are serious now about continental dinnerware?

What about answering the numerous requests for evidence of the ludicrous claims in tour OP.

But, the Narc never gives evidence, just sets up his Strawmen,  then wonder of wonders, demolishes them.

The Globe doesn't need that work that way. It has a model of the earth, moon, sun and planets that all hangs together.

We can use honest arguments, not the sort of things you get up to.

Yes, as disputeone says you even do your obvious trolling with expertise. Didn't your studies for the MsSM include the Trolling 101 module?

?

frenat

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2016, 05:14:47 AM »

I get the feeling he only posts here when drunk.

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:26 AM »

;D I really do love how you take the art of being dense to a whole new level.  Kudos man.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »

I get the feeling he only posts here when drunk.

Look, you are all being terribly unfair to poor Narcberry.
He can only post here when he's out on "parole" and obviously he's broken his parole and is back doing the
We probably won't see him again till he is successful with his new application (or can bribe the administrators).