1 dollar cost of disproving round map

• 88 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: 1 dollar cost of disproving round map
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2016, 06:06:15 AM »
In Piri Reis map Istanbul European side seems as east to west, different direction of Asian side of Istanbul; and according to google it seems as Asian side and placed on East south.

My compass prove the N on Piri reis map is true and N on google map is wrong in west side of Istanbul !

30 cents for disproving round map !  ;D
You've disproved nothing.  What you have done is found the difference between true North and magnetic North. 
http://www.magnetic-declination.com/Turkey/Istanbul/2608353.html
though I suspect you know this and are only trolling.

As your magnetic declination map magnetic north shown as 5 degrees east but in my determination it is about 25 degrees. Now you go to hell. Ignored (disrespecting).
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:04 AM »
If you've got the same IQ as Stephen Hawking, why do you think using a $0.30 compass will give reliable results?
why do you think there's no flat earthers here supporting you?
why do you think no one else is making these same claims all over the internet? (you know people naturally love finding faults with apps)

also, if you have an IQ the same as Stephen Hawking, why are you dismissing what people are saying?

IQ depends quite heavily on reasoning skills and logic skills, I don't mean this offensively but you're not displaying any of those skills, you're just ignoring people's points, you can't just say you don't believe things that have been presented because they 'don't fit', there are actual reasons for some of your points, if your IQ is so high, why will you not discuss?

on a side note, I'd love to hear Stephen Hawking's response to finding out he's got the same IQ as Intikam.. he's got a good sense of humour

Good work. Who said hawking a smart man. It is a perception study like almost everybody here. Ignored.

Next one please.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:18 AM »
In Piri Reis map Istanbul European side seems as east to west, different direction of Asian side of Istanbul; and according to google it seems as Asian side and placed on East south.

My compass prove the N on Piri reis map is true and N on google map is wrong in west side of Istanbul !

You've disproved nothing.  What you have done is found the difference between true North and magnetic North. 

As your magnetic declination map magnetic north shown as 5 degrees east but in my determination it is about 25 degrees. Now you go to hell. Ignored (disrespecting).
so your cheap-ass compass isn't that accurate.  and the troll is now ignoring me!  Oh whatever shall I do?   ::)

How interesting that your English improved for this single post. What's the matter?  Didn't run it through Google translate as much to mess it up?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2016, 06:14:16 AM »
If anyone here has decreased by interlocutors census ignored. Now i can share my issues in different forums in this case. here's not my fault there is a lot of trolls. They are themselves troll but saying me troll as a perception study. Who care your nonsence mind games. Go play around yourselves. I'm just addressed to real human. Thats all my tell yet.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2016, 06:17:16 AM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2016, 06:22:09 AM »
If anyone here has decreased by interlocutors census ignored. Now i can share my issues in different forums in this case. here's not my fault there is a lot of trolls. They are themselves troll but saying me troll as a perception study. Who care your nonsence mind games. Go play around yourselves. I'm just addressed to real human. Thats all my tell yet.
And the English is back to unintelligible.  How convenient.

?

frenat

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2016, 06:23:26 AM »

Prove your arrows are drawn correctly.  Prove your cheap-ass compass has the accuracy to determine 25 degrees and isn't just a dollar store reject.  You've proven nothing yet.
At least you're mildly amusing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:25:15 AM by frenat »

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2016, 06:28:21 AM »

IF you follow the compass without accounting for MD you miss the actual NP by several hundred miles at least. And your linked map proves it.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2016, 06:36:26 AM »
I don't believe to the difference of magnetic pole and geographic north.
Then it's a good thing that you don't have a job where your life depends on knowing the difference.

I know truth beyond truth.
Are you referring to philosophical truth or practical truth?

How many truth is there?
Definitely more than one.

Here's someone discussing 3 different kinds of truth:
http://www.toktalk.net/2008/11/09/three-different-types-of-truth/

Here's three more:
http://theconversation.com/the-truth-the-whole-truth-and-wait-how-many-truths-are-there-6955

Here's someone that thinks there are five:
http://atheism.about.com/od/philosophyepistemology/a/TypeTruths.htm
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:04 AM »

IF you follow the compass without accounting for MD you miss the actual NP by several hundred miles at least. And your linked map proves it.

Meanwhile you were ignored. So bye.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 06:47:45 AM »
BTW, north is considered to be 0 degrees on a compass, not 90 degrees.  Also, the degrees are counted clockwise, not counterclockwise.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »
BTW, north is considered to be 0 degrees on a compass, not 90 degrees.  Also, the degrees are counted clockwise, not counterclockwise.

I found this one as compare. If you start with 90 then 50 turnes to 40. As you see that shape showing 50 but i'm saying the difference as 40. The arrow showing 65 but i'm saying 25 as 90-65. This is that i found on the internet by a few time.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 06:58:51 AM »

I found this one as compare. If you start with 90 then 50 turnes to 40. As you see that shape showing 50 but i'm saying the difference as 40. The arrow showing 65 but i'm saying 25 as 90-65. This is that i found on the internet by a few time.
Doesn't your compass have degree markings?  BTW, some compasses even have a movable dial to allow for magnetic declination.

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Intikam, you do realize this now makes your whole map of the globe wrong? Now that you have discovered that your  compass tells the true North, you will have to completely rework your map!

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 09:47:07 AM »
I just tried this with the building where I work. It's a new part of the city and they figured it would be easy to build everything N-S and E-W. First I went all over my office with my compass and surprise surprise, every 1 meter I got a different reading because of strong interference from metal objects in the building. Outside, however, my compass showed that the building is aligned perfectly with the North. That is, with the 1.something° to the east declination that we have over here. Perfect match with Google Maps.
I didn't have my camera on me so couldn't take a picture, but I can do that some other time this week, if I apparently have nothing better to do.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

Round and Proud

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »

Meanwhile you were ignored. So bye.

Ignoring me won't change the facts. Ignoring the facts won't change the fact. 

Columbus Indiana has  2 degree MD. As a pilot, if I fly ANYWHERE with just a compass, without taking in MD I will be 4 miles off course after flying 120 miles. In Los Angeles that MD is more than 12 degrees, so at 120 miles I'd off course 24 miles. Flying from Los Angels straight east with just a compass and ignoring MD for 3k miles, I would miss my destination by 600 miles give or take, as the MD would change from 12 degrees to minus a few degrees at where I thought I was heading.

You don't need to experiment, tens of thousands of pilots prove the RE everyday.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »

Doesn't your compass have degree markings?  BTW, some compasses even have a movable dial to allow for magnetic declination.

I don't understand the connection between my compass and the compass on picture. Compass on the picture is an image got by internet and my compass is a compass already has degree marks.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2016, 12:17:48 AM »
I just tried this with the building where I work. It's a new part of the city and they figured it would be easy to build everything N-S and E-W. First I went all over my office with my compass and surprise surprise, every 1 meter I got a different reading because of strong interference from metal objects in the building. Outside, however, my compass showed that the building is aligned perfectly with the North. That is, with the 1.something° to the east declination that we have over here. Perfect match with Google Maps.
I didn't have my camera on me so couldn't take a picture, but I can do that some other time this week, if I apparently have nothing better to do.

Congratilations. You are living on a place google don't need to bend and twist.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »
why am I ignored?

I was respectful with my comment, I was being slightly humorous, but not offensive..

I even wrote 'please don't take this offensively' when I wrote it

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2016, 12:59:08 AM »
This clown just gets sillier and sillier. I thought FEs would be a pretty basic group and it wuld get boring but no, there is seemingly no end to the utter idiocy on display here.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2016, 04:31:40 AM »
I wonder why are rounders still don't leave here by shyly, by keeping their head down and by apologizing. I think they didin't hear something as honour.

This 20 degrees difference lets all you to the hell. Shame on you mister and misses liars shame on you!

Is everybody see there is no real defence but only manipulation about this evidence?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Round and Proud

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2016, 04:32:58 AM »
We are here, because we can read a compass, and  understand MD. Sad that you don't, and even sadder that you through a hissy fit when you don't.

Using a compass is basic grade school stuff.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »
I see somebody write persistently. I really don't read who wrote what here if on my ignore list.

I'm writing for new members and guests. Members here almost all trolls and their only task is sabotaging. I don't care who in my ignore list, i recommend who read my topics  to do same thing.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:01:11 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
well then you're an idiot

this is a debate forum, you're not debating

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
Intikam, nobody here is taking you seriously. Have you encountered ONE flat earther who agrees with you? In your threads we do not see Sceppy, Narcberry, and the like defending you. No FE'rs at all. Which makes you the troll of trolls.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2016, 04:44:08 PM »
I really don't read who wrote what here if on my ignore list.

Yes you do.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:09 PM »
You'll see that some of directions are true but some of aren't. It is your chance to your test prove or disprove the map.
May we assume you tested this?

If so, you've identified locations that have an accurate view of North, and locations that don't. In which case, how far did you travel for this experiment? It would need to be very far, for there to be a visible variation in what direction North is, no matter the shape of the Earth.
Either the Earth is exceptionally small, or there was interference in your measurements.

Or, instead, if you're saying that your local area has a different North to what the RE map states, then how are we meant to test this? It could well be simply that the locations some of the rest of us are in are those where the given direction for North is accurate, in which case we have no way to distinguish between models. Should we just take your word on faith? As a FEer, I assume you speak out against blindly following what people say.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2016, 06:34:42 PM »
This should be interesting!

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
This should be interesting!

Oh, I doubt that!