• 88 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
1 dollar cost of disproving round map
« on: October 16, 2016, 03:04:49 AM »
Get a compass 1 dollar cost.

Go to nearest road that shown in google map. Use the compass on the road to find out direction of the road.

Go open the google map and find out same road, same location. Draw a compass on the road yourself and compare them.

You'll see that some of directions are true but some of aren't. It is your chance to your test prove or disprove the map.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:06:29 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Re: 1 dollar cost of disproving round map
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 03:20:35 AM »
how about a real test?

Get from point 1 to point 2 using each method independently

see if they both get you there

I've personally not used a compass to get anywhere since I was a kid doing orienteering, but Google maps definitely gets me where I want to go, every time

I'm not sure if you're saying compasses or Google maps is more precise

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 03:22:12 AM »
I just bought one for $3.50, PM me for my paypal details and we can arrange the $2.50 refund.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:21 AM »
Do you even know how they make maps? It's done with aerial images and satellite images. Fly a plane, take a picture, draw over it. If you say that some streets are correct while others aren't, I tend to doubt your observations rather than the map.

I recently came across a website on which you can scroll through time on the map of the Netherlands. Go check it out, it's neat. http://www.topotijdreis.nl/
Obviously they didn't have planes or satellites in 1815 so you can assume that even with other methods, you get the same results as with a plane or satellite.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »
Do you even know how they make maps? It's done with aerial images and satellite images. Fly a plane, take a picture, draw over it. If you say that some streets are correct while others aren't, I tend to doubt your observations rather than the map.

I recently came across a website on which you can scroll through time on the map of the Netherlands. Go check it out, it's neat. http://www.topotijdreis.nl/
Obviously they didn't have planes or satellites in 1815 so you can assume that even with other methods, you get the same results as with a plane or satellite.

Come on please don't tell us fable about sattelites that impossible to exist with this tecnology. If we talk about truts please talk logical. They are photos taken from humanless planes. But the earth is flat but the projection depends on round. So it is impossible to coincide the google map and truth on land.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 05:03:26 AM »
I just bought one for $3.50, PM me for my paypal details and we can arrange the $2.50 refund.

I think that the real problem was simply that İntikam got dudded when he bought his $1 compass.
Truth be told he probably only paid ₺1.00 for it (about $US 0.32).  ;D No wonder it does not work very well!  ;D

Maybe you'd better keep yor $3.50 one, or get a good Silva one.

??? Mind you, do you think he even did the experiment?  ???

SILVA, Compasses, Orienteeering & Running.

:'( No, I don't get any comission  :'( , but I do have one like

Silva Compass - but you won't get that for $1.00

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:06:37 AM »
how about a real test?

Get from point 1 to point 2 using each method independently

see if they both get you there

I've personally not used a compass to get anywhere since I was a kid doing orienteering, but Google maps definitely gets me where I want to go, every time

I'm not sure if you're saying compasses or Google maps is more precise

Google map shows you true place but this don't prove google map is true. Because if the direction is wrong which shown on the map, you can't understand it before you test it. I see a lot of time at past that, i look a sea and it was not north but seems on the map as north. I did not know in advance that cause. Now i know why. Anyway.

this is just a proposal. He can try who want to do.

Sometimes to act as a child is more effective than act as a proffessor.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:09:03 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:12:39 AM »
You should to buy it from a stationery. You can find out it as less cost at there. Because stationery seller knows that students need compass for some homeworks. If you go a hardware story it is about 3-10 dollars cost. But in stationary you can find out a basic one less than 1 dollar.

In Turkey i bought a useful one as 1 Turkish Liras in stationery. (about 30 cent)

You can do this experiment in your home by yourself if you have a compass. Go to window and put the compass on windowsill. Turn to compass bar till it match to N on compass. Read the number. Open google map and find out your home. Draw a  compass or save a compass image to your computer and put it on google map. Read the number. compare the directions.

Basic, understandable, easy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:24:54 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 05:43:01 AM »
Having done extensive amounts of mapping, I can assure you that angles and distances on topographical maps are correct. Please keep in mind that there's a difference between the magnetic north and the true north, and that compasses can be affected by buildings, cars, anything nearby.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 05:58:38 AM »
Having done extensive amounts of mapping, I can assure you that angles and distances on topographical maps are correct. Please keep in mind that there's a difference between the magnetic north and the true north, and that compasses can be affected by buildings, cars, anything nearby.

There is always an excuse.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »

Go to nearest road that shown in google map. Use the compass on the road to find out direction of the road.

Go open the google map and find out same road, same location. Draw a compass on the road yourself and compare them.

You'll see that some of directions are true but some of aren't. It is your chance to your test prove or disprove the map.

Looking at the map and your picture, I think you are lost!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 06:53:38 AM »

Looking at the map and your picture, I think you are lost!

Stop kidding and lets do the test. Or sit down, you got zero.  :)

Pictures selected randomly but it seems same road. First one is a footpath and second one is a city street.  But a good carefulness :o
Notice:

Compass used wrong on that picture. I recommend overlap to compass bar and N symbol. In this example compass used wrong but it seems the direction about degrees of 90 different. Turn to compass to left, till overlap to N word, then take picture now. You'll see the road path is North East, not nort-west. So i won, you and google lost. ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:14:25 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 07:40:03 AM »

How can some directions be true and others not, how do you think the map was drawn??

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 07:52:21 AM »

How can some directions be true and others not, how do you think the map was drawn??

Map is a projection, not real.

a) If you go from south no North, if center pre accept as true, you'll find the true direction.

b) If you go from west to east, round map from left to right, it sembolised you are turning around the world on on direction till you turn same place. Actually you are turning around a circle, but round map superpose your path as a line when you are going from east to west or west to east.

So; If you look out and control a path from west to east or east to west, it should be possible wrong.
If you look out and control a path from North to south or south to east, if your location not near to pole, we can pre accept the pole is ture and the path of direction is true.

This experiment shows actually what's going on.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 07:54:31 AM »
The projection means that the map, on a large scale, would start to make no sense, as you can't show the surface of a sphere on a flat map without transforming it in certain ways. This is only an issue on large scale; small scale maps are fine without needing a projection. There's so little curvature involved that no projection is necessary for all the distances and angles to be realistic.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
Lets stop to talk nonsence and talk about truths.

There is latitudes and longitudes on the map. It is possible to do that. When we use compass, the instructions is take care the north. Nobody say about magnetic pole and the geographic pole. But when we suggest to test it, then defenders starting to singing different songs.

I don't listen objections. Your objections just for To dilute the issue. So lets do.

If you don't trust, you are free to you don't. I'm sick of your excuses no longer produce. Stay away if you do not support. Do not babble, support or stay away.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 08:23:31 AM »

a) If you go from south no North, if center pre accept as true, you'll find the true direction.

b) If you go from west to east, round map from left to right, it sembolised you are turning around the world on on direction till you turn same place. Actually you are turning around a circle, but round map superpose your path as a line when you are going from east to west or west to east.

So; If you look out and control a path from west to east or east to west, it should be possible wrong.
If you look out and control a path from North to south or south to east, if your location not near to pole, we can pre accept the pole is ture and the path of direction is true.

Maps, projections, distances, directions, earth shape, all known, understood and proven.  Why do you think you are the first to show this is wrong?

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »

There is latitudes and longitudes on the map. It is possible to do that. When we use compass, the instructions is take care the north. Nobody say about magnetic pole and the geographic pole. But when we suggest to test it, then defenders starting to singing different songs.

I don't listen objections. Your objections just for To dilute the issue. So lets do.

If you don't trust, you are free to you don't. I'm sick of your excuses no longer produce. Stay away if you do not support. Do not babble, support or stay away.
"I don't listen to objections."
"Stay away if you do not support."

You do realise that this is the Flat Earth Debate section, right? Besides, all I do is point out how things work, if you choose to ignore that then I will not stop you.

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 10:22:06 AM »
Magnetic azimuth versus grid azimuth. 

If the map is aligned with grid north, and since we all know how a compass works, I guess we can close the case on this one.  What's next?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »

Maps, projections, distances, directions, earth shape, all known, understood and proven.  Why do you think you are the first to show this is wrong?

Who said i'm thinking i'm first to show this is wrong. Oppositely i'm believing somebody said that but they silenced by somebody.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »

If the map is aligned with grid north, and since we all know how a compass works, I guess we can close the case on this one.  What's next?

If magnetic azimuth does not work, why do we need to compass? Is somebody deceive us as compass is working or anybody deceive us poles are different.

If compass showing magnetic pole but not grid pole, then why all over the world compass used by several seamen with a map to show grid pole? Are everybody idiots? Didin't anybody think draw a map contain magnetic pole as pole? Or are they currently same?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:26:49 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 11:24:18 AM »

"I don't listen to objections."
"Stay away if you do not support."

You do realise that this is the Flat Earth Debate section, right? Besides, all I do is point out how things work, if you choose to ignore that then I will not stop you.

I said it not only for you. I said it generally.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

If magnetic azimuth does not work, why do we need to compass? Is somebody deceive us as compass is working or anybody deceive us poles are different.

If compass showing magnetic pole but not grid pole, then why all over the world compass used by several seamen with a map to show grid pole? Are everybody idiots? Didin't anybody think draw a map contain magnetic pole as pole? Or are they currently same?
Compasses do work.  They'll get you close, or simply know how many degrees to add or subtract for a given area to convert your compass heading to a grid heading.  Some maps have that info (hopefully not too out of date).  I would assume a person who has a degree in "engineering" would know this type of stuff. 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »

Compasses do work.  They'll get you close, or simply know how many degrees to add or subtract for a given area to convert your compass heading to a grid heading.  Some maps have that info (hopefully not too out of date).  I would assume a person who has a degree in "engineering" would know this type of stuff.

I understand the N on the round map means not North for compass. Compass doesnt show to north, only work for some engineers. So i think engineers found out America, or seamen going America by using his six sence.

Lets get out of here. You  go haywire like others. I'm sorry but you seem you lost your brain.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
As all us see that rounders claim this test doesn't work by some reasons.

The test is basic.

This is a compass.

Easy understandable where it shows: "NORTH". Magnetic, or para magnetic, or illusive. It is North okey?

If there is another North, if compass showing another place except North on compass, so is it hard draw the world map as showing north as magnetic north or which north our compass show? No. There is only one North! North is North!

This is a ship. Using tousends of years to compass to find out the path:

Rounders claim the compass doesn't work on ship because it don't show real north but magnetic somewhere that nobody know where it is!!

This is a map:

Has latitudes and longtitudes. If compass doesn't work on this, what the hell is compass working for? Since tousends of years seamen used compass to find out the way. But now, rounders defending it doesn't show real north but a north magnetic, illusive or paramagnetic, or a parapsicologic phenomen. But they can't show us magnetic pole as they can't show sattelites that they claim they are exist.

This claims prove that the experiment works, and proves the earth disproved be round. Because rounders trying to change the rules of the game. It doesn't be.

Why nobody discoverd it so it is not my problem. Maybe no one of men who has enought capacity pondered about the shape isin't be round. But now the situation changed. You lost. You lost on grid.

Do not humiliate yourself. Do not try to sabotage subjects. Support tothe  truth and live with your honour.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:38:39 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
If magnetic pole and grid pole different, is that difference cause we read the compass wrong?

Exactly it doesn't! If we near to pole, it does but other places we can accept they are same, although they are be different or same!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:47:28 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 01:00:41 PM »
as they can't show sattelites that they claim they are exist.

I have given you directions on how to spot satellites several times. It is you who refuses to simply observe. Do you have an android phone or tablet?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

I have given you directions on how to spot satellites several times. It is you who refuses to simply observe. Do you have an android phone or tablet?

you digress the issue. Lets do experiment. Don't cry!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 01:35:17 PM »
You have to realize that the magnetic north pole is defined in a different way than the geographic north pole. The geographic north pole is based on the axis of rotation of the Earth (or I guess for Flat Earthers, the axis of rotation of the sun, moon and stars). The magnetic north pole is where the north pole of the magnetic field meets the Earth's surface. In most places on Earth, these only diverge with none to a few degrees. You can probably measure this yourself by looking where in the night sky, the stars rotate, and compare it to the direction of your compass. Most quality compases (so not the ones you buy for 1 euro) have a feature where you can adjust for this based on your location. Once again, this is just a few degrees, it won't fudge up maps entirely. Intikam, I'll go do this test just for you some time this week and show you the results. Where I live, the streets are all oriented N-S and E-W so it's pretty easy around here.

PS. what kind of difference are you talking about between the map as we're told (I guess) and how you measure it with the compass? A few degrees or way more? Just curious.

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »

you digress the issue. Lets do experiment. Don't cry!
I will do your experiment if you'll mine, how bout that? I have 2 compasses, both Silva's, that cost far more than 1$. My experiment I ask of you is free!
Are you afraid you will turn out to be wrong on this? Is this why you have dodged my experiment repeatedly??