Round Earth Illusion vs Flat Earth Reality

• 122 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Round Earth Illusion vs Flat Earth Reality
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
It would be benificial to not simply dismiss evidence out of hand.  You know, like a grownup. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »
It would be benificial to not simply dismiss evidence out of hand.  You know, like a grownup.
Evidence, what evidence?

I have seen a lot of guesses and hypotheses, but evidence?

Oh, sorry, I forgot "the earth looks flat".

Mind you the pancake sure doesn't look flat. Kansas is sure flatter than that.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
Why not?  FE'ers dismiss RE evidence out of hand all the time.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »
Another victory for FE!!!

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »
You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2016, 06:53:08 PM »
Evidence, what evidence?

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »
Evidence, what evidence?

Well, clearly neither you nor "the nark" know what victory means!

Nark presents "pronouncements", jroa presents "hypotheses" and nark claims "clear victory for FE" - really?

Now, evidence means some observations or measurements than back of these "pronouncements" and "hypotheses" that would make them better explanations than we have.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
General Relativity was just a made up term at one time.  Do you think you are smarter than Einstein?

I think Einstein is an extremely over-rated con artist! 
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
Uh, this took like 5 seconds on google to find. Is your google broke or are you just lazy?

http://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.92.031101

One of thousands of papers related to my point.
That paper is not related to your point.

And it isn't my burden of proof.  YOUR point, YOUR responsibility to back it up.

That's convenient!   ::)

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2016, 12:43:39 PM »
So your google is broke and you can't comprehend scientific journals. Why are you on this forum exactly?
obvious troll is obvious.

The paper does not support your point.  If you think it does then show why but you won't.

Google works fine for me but I'm not here to do YOUR work for you.   When YOU have a burden of proof, YOU need to do the work.  YOU are obviously avoiding it.

You say it doesn't, so why not? 

?

frenat

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2016, 12:45:04 PM »
Uh, this took like 5 seconds on google to find. Is your google broke or are you just lazy?

And it isn't my burden of proof.  YOUR point, YOUR responsibility to back it up.

Convenient that he quoted a paper that doesn't back him up?  Or that he can't back up his own point?  Both are HIS failings.

?

frenat

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
So your google is broke and you can't comprehend scientific journals. Why are you on this forum exactly?

The paper does not support your point.  If you think it does then show why but you won't.

Google works fine for me but I'm not here to do YOUR work for you.   When YOU have a burden of proof, YOU need to do the work.  YOU are obviously avoiding it.

Have you bothered to read the discussion and the following posts that talk about it?  It was already said multiple times why it doesn't support his point.  Do you understand the written word or do you frequently need someone to hold your hand?

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
Because the sun doesn't just all the sudden disappear into the atmosphere! That's why! According to what you're saying the sun would have to continually get smaller, but it doesn't. It just - disappears. Literally before you're eyes. 5 seconds after it's gone you're gonna sit there and say there's too much atmosphere obscuring it to be able to bring it back into view? Come on now. That's just nonsense.

Everything else appears smaller and smaller as it moves away.  So, why shouldn't the sun too?

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

Have you bothered to read the discussion and the following posts that talk about it?  It was already said multiple times why it doesn't support his point.  Do you understand the written word or do you frequently need someone to hold your hand?

Are you kidding?  Do you really think anybody takes all that gobbly gook seriously! 

?

frenat

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »

Are you kidding?  Do you really think anybody takes all that gobbly gook seriously!
In other words, no, you don't understand the written word.  How sad for you.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »

Convenient that he quoted a paper that doesn't back him up?  Or that he can't back up his own point?  Both are HIS failings.

Whatever, things get farther away, they are harder to see.  The Sun's light does not appear to be so intense that it can light up the entire world (flat world) at the same time.  So, it just doesn't seem that huge. 

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »

You don't seem very nice. 

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
The sun gets smaller and smaller as it moves away and the light gets dimmer and dimmer as well!  Just see how far you can see on a dark night, traveling in the country, with your headlights. 

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »
Light, does not appear to go on forever. 

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
The sun gets smaller and smaller as it moves away and the light gets dimmer and dimmer as well!  Just see how far you can see on a dark night, traveling in the country, with your headlights. 

However, the sun doesn't do that. In fact, it gets slightly bigger as it sets.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

?

frenat

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

Except the sun does not get smaller throughout the day.  Have you actually looked at the sun before?

?

frenat

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »

You don't seem very nice.
You don't seem to actually read the posts you reply to so we're even.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »

However, the sun doesn't do that. In fact, it gets slightly bigger as it sets.

No, you notice the glowing light receding, leaving the darkness behind and are kind of equating that with the sun, but at noon everything is lit up. 

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
The sun is an actual object, around .5 degrees wide. It stays about that size the entire day.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2016, 03:11:31 PM »
The sun is an actual object, around .5 degrees wide. It stays about that size the entire day.

I think, it appears smaller/bigger at times.  I don't think it is always the same size, but I now that you mention it, I doubt it is as noticeable as telephone poles are.  Although, the point to this thread is that the sun appears to meet the ground, for the same reason that the tops of high voltage towers appear to meet the ground or clouds, or jet planes or persistent jet trails do.  In other words, it isn't because you're seeing over the edge of the earth (remember that huge drop that is supposed to be occurring) it is because of an optical illusion, illustrated by the photograph in the first post of this thread. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:32 PM »

I think, it appears smaller/bigger at times.  I don't think it is always the same size, but I now that you mention it, I doubt it is as noticeable as telephone poles are.  Although, the point to this thread is that the sun appears to meet the ground, for the same reason that the tops of high voltage towers appear to meet the ground or clouds, or jet planes or persistent jet trails do.  In other words, it isn't because you're seeing over the edge of the earth (remember that huge drop that is supposed to be occurring) it is because of an optical illusion, illustrated by the photograph in the first post of this thread.

Get over it, over the course of a day the sun stays almost precisely the same size. Very near the horizon just after sunrise and just before sunset it might be a bit distorted.

Take a look at these photos, taken I might add by a Flat Earther trying to prove that the sun does change in size over the course of a day.
Now on Youtube there is a video made by a the Flat Earther, Matrix Decode with very good photos of the sun through a filter (an arc welder's glass) showing the sun at a number of times of day from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM on 9/March/2016 in Malaga, Spain.

The following screen shots from his video does an excellent job of proving that the sun size does not change!

Do I need to say more? Our kind Flat Earther, Matrix Decode, has said it all!

The "sun does not appear to change it size until just before sunset" - a then only a little in height!

More explanation in Flat Earth Debate / The Constancy of the Angular size of the Sun « by rabinoz on August 24, 2016, 08:12:47 PM ».

Now over the course of a year the apparent size of the sun does change from a minimum of 31′31″ in July to a maximum of 32′33″ in January.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »

Get over it, over the course of a day the sun stays almost precisely the same size. Very near the horizon just after sunrise and just before sunset it might be a bit distorted.

Take a look at these photos, taken I might add by a Flat Earther trying to prove that the sun does change in size over the course of a day.
Now on Youtube there is a video made by a the Flat Earther, Matrix Decode with very good photos of the sun through a filter (an arc welder's glass) showing the sun at a number of times of day from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM on 9/March/2016 in Malaga, Spain.

The following screen shots from his video does an excellent job of proving that the sun size does not change!

Do I need to say more? Our kind Flat Earther, Matrix Decode, has said it all!

The "sun does not appear to change it size until just before sunset" - a then only a little in height!

More explanation in Flat Earth Debate / The Constancy of the Angular size of the Sun « by rabinoz on August 24, 2016, 08:12:47 PM ».

Now over the course of a year the apparent size of the sun does change from a minimum of 31′31″ in July to a maximum of 32′33″ in January.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like 40 against 1 here, so I'm doing my best (considering the pay! ha ha).  I'm gonna need a minute to figure out what you're talking about, because it looks like you might have actually made a point (which is kind of new for you, so don't get used to it! ha ha) 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »
<< I show photos (taken by a Flat Earther) showing the sun staying the same size during the day >>
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like 40 against 1 here, so I'm doing my best (considering the pay! ha ha).  I'm gonna need a minute to figure out what you're talking about, because it looks like you might have actually made a point (which is kind of new for you, so don't get used to it! ha ha)
I guess your pay for posting here is no more than mine (zilch). You claim you can't figure out what I am talking about. see below!

Well, for about the third time - the angular size of the sun stays constant throughout the day proving that the sun must be many times further away than to radius of the earth - 6,371 km for the globe and about 10,000 km for the earth.

And if you haven't worked it out yet - that completely screws your idea of a nearby sun.

By the way, have you managed to work out the earth's curvature yet? If not ask your kindergarten teacher, they might be able to explain it!

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »
<< I show photos (taken by a Flat Earther) showing the sun staying the same size during the day >>
I guess your pay for posting here is no more than mine (zilch). You claim you can't figure out what I am talking about. see below!

Well, for about the third time - the angular size of the sun stays constant throughout the day proving that the sun must be many times further away than to radius of the earth - 6,371 km for the globe and about 10,000 km for the earth.

And if you haven't worked it out yet - that completely screws your idea of a nearby sun.

By the way, have you managed to work out the earth's curvature yet? If not ask your kindergarten teacher, they might be able to explain it!

Less caffeine