• 62 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Real or Fake?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 04:40:22 PM »

Dracula's casket found on Mars!   :D
Or a piece or dark rock that in this fuzzy photo is a shape that someone like you would take to be a coffin.
Next question?

That was supposed to be a joke.

It's all srs bsns to rabinoz. He hasn't laughed since 1962.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »

Or a piece or dark rock that in this fuzzy photo is a shape that someone like you would take to be a coffin.
Next question?

Yeah, he does seem a little stiff  :D

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 05:04:32 PM »

Next question?

I got a great laugh out of that,  ;D ;D
Rab is a good guy, he is super cereal tho.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 01:01:39 AM »
Marciano's  ;D "It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!"  ;D and  ;D Intikam's posts have lightened things up a lot. ;D
Thanks

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
Marciano's  ;D "It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!"  ;D and  ;D Intikam's posts have lightened things up a lot. ;D
Thanks

I think you are still arguing;  do you have an "of button?" 

It's not eight inches over the first mile;  it's eight inches over the first foot!   ;D

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »
Seriously tho.
http://math.rice.edu/~pcmi/sphere/

Edit for fliggs.
Notice that we are talking about the surface of a ball, and not the ball itself.

Lol.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:55:02 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

Marciano

• Flat Earth Believer
  • Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
Seriously tho.

Edit for fliggs.
Notice that we are talking about the surface of a ball, and not the ball itself.

Lol.

Surface of ball... right... what? 

A bug can crawl across the top of a beach ball, but they often have difficulty not falling off the sides, let alone the bottom of the ball!  The relative uniformity of curve doesn't seem to matter. 

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
If only there were a really large and massive ball to conduct an experiment on, like a planet or something... Maybe then we could finally figure out if this gravity idea made any sense. Shoot, of we could find a couple of different masses and put people or scientific instruments on them, we could really nail down if/how it works.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »
Seriously tho.

Edit for fliggs.

Lol.

Surface of ball... right... what? 

A bug can crawl across the top of a beach ball, but they often have difficulty not falling off the sides, let alone the bottom of the ball!  The relative uniformity of curve doesn't seem to matter.
;D ;D You simply do not understand the gravity of the situation!  ;D

With gravity pulling towards the centre of earth (or ball for the bug[1]) we (or the bug think we are always on top - and that's the way we like it always on top!  ;)

[1] Actually the correct scale is about like a flea on a 5 mile diameter ball or a microbe on a big beach ball - the earth is huge.
  • "Space Earth is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to the Earth space."
  • Apologies to Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:05:06 AM by rabinoz »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 10:50:11 AM »
Thanks

We teach them physics. They teach us laughter. An equitable exchange in my opinion.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »
Thanks

We teach them physics. They teach us laughter. An equitable exchange in my opinion.

Now you've taught me some laughter.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Thanks

Glad to be of service.  If I can amuse or enlighten then it's worth the keystrokes.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »
Thanks

Glad to be of service.  If I can amuse or enlighten then it's worth the keystrokes.
??? But it looks as though we are complete failures in our attempts to "teach them physics".  ???
Still, you win some and you lose some.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 07:29:09 AM »
Oh, and all these flat earthers never can explain why I see through my telescope this:

FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »
Oh, and all these flat earthers never can explain why I see through my telescope this:

It is easy to explain. The globe companies have bribed the telescope companies to install a fake image in the telescopes.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 01:40:26 PM »

It is easy to explain. The globe companies have bribed the telescope companies to install a fake image in the telescopes.
That's nonsense. If that were the case no matter where you pointed it you'd see the same thing. I've read statements like yours before, generally coming from those who do not own or have never used a telescope.

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »

Well if that's the case then there is a lot of companies out there that is bribed. If the new iphone always gets leaked. Then those bribes would of been leaked too.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:22:14 PM by sovietchild »
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »

That's nonsense. If that were the case no matter where you pointed it you'd see the same thing. I've read statements like yours before, generally coming from those who do not own or have never used a telescope.

They put a View Master in them, and when you look for satellites it switches to that image.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »
Ever wonder why they give you a special "ISS" viewing lens?
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
Ever wonder why they give you a special "ISS" viewing lens?

OMG it's a conspiracy!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »
Well if that's the case then there is a lot of companies out there that is bribed. If the new iphone always gets leaked. Then those bribes would of been leaked too.

iPhone leaks are for publicity.  Are you really this naive, or are you just joking with us? 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:20:23 PM by jroa »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »

I think Hoppy is onto something very important here,  that being that flat earthers are terminally stupid.   No that's not personal,  it's a completely general observation that must be considered when embarking on any serious discussion.   

By "Globe Companies"  I assume we are talking about manufacturers of actual globes?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 08:26:06 PM »

I think Hoppy is onto something very important here,  that being that flat earthers are terminally stupid.   No that's not personal,  it's a completely general observation that must be considered when embarking on any serious discussion.   

By "Globe Companies"  I assume we are talking about manufacturers of actual globes?

Well, how else would they sell their globes?

Also hoppy said that for a reaction, he got it, c'mon guys.
I'm anti-judaism.

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 09:22:41 PM »
Are you really this naive, or are you just joking with us?

That's the same question I'v been asking flat earth society. And no I was not playing with you. Those kinda of information would have been leaked long time ago.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:24:50 PM by sovietchild »
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2016, 05:45:44 AM »
Also hoppy said that for a reaction, he got it, c'mon guys.

Ya think...     

Actually with Hoppy,  I wouldn't be so sure. :)

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

neutrino

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »
Guys seriously!
I cleaned my telescope. I disassembled it completely.
There is no electronics that take optic image. It's just optics. Lenses and mirrors.
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »
Guys seriously!
There is no electronics that take optic image. It's just optics. Lenses and mirrors.

Are you an expert in micro electronics?  Did you confirm that your buddy Bubba did not see any electronics as well?  Perhaps you should publish your totally scientific findings.  ::)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
Guys seriously!

Maybe it's behind the mirror.

neutrino

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »
Guys seriously!

Are you an expert in micro electronics?  Did you confirm that your buddy Bubba did not see any electronics as well?  Perhaps you should publish your totally scientific findings.  ::)
Well, at some extent. I am professional software engineer and most of my career I was working for hardware companies. My last employer was Intel where I spent six years developing different software tools for hardware validation including development of Linux kernel drivers.

However this doesn't relate to the task of actually understanding how telescope is functioning.

Many many amateur astronomers like me can confirm those images of ISS.

So what would be your explanation?

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
Guys seriously!

Well, at some extent. I am professional software engineer and most of my career I was working for hardware companies. My last employer was Intel where I spent six years developing different software tools for hardware validation including development of Linux kernel drivers.

However this doesn't relate to the task of actually understanding how telescope is functioning.

Many many amateur astronomers like me can confirm those images of ISS.

So what would be your explanation?
I've read balloons hold it up. Like all the other satellites. Jet streams carry them around.
On a more serious note, have you done any Android dev work?