Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat

• 374 Replies
Re: Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »
Again, Ive never said that, but I am quite used to people putting words in my mouth here.
I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.  Perhaps I confused you with another poster, if so I apologize.

N30

• I can only show you the door.
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
Apology not accepted. Try to actually read the thread you are posting in next time.

« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2018, 12:29:49 AM »
Apology not accepted. Try to actually read the thread you are posting in next time.
I frankly don't care whether you accept or not.  You disappear for long periods then come back and expect me to read through the entire thread again?  Sorry, not going to happen.  I have already said if it wasn't you, then I apologize, if that isn't good enough for you then you are just being petty.
I still see no reason why it is relevant what religious people a thousand years ago thought about the shape of the earth.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2018, 04:52:44 AM »
Absolutely not. Is anyone posting here actually reading the thread?
Are you new here?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

N30

« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2018, 07:36:42 AM »
I frankly don't care whether you accept or not.  You disappear for long periods then come back and expect me to read through the entire thread again?  Sorry, not going to happen.  I have already said if it wasn't you, then I apologize, if that isn't good enough for you then you are just being petty.
I still see no reason why it is relevant what religious people a thousand years ago thought about the shape of the earth.

Well, again, if you had read the thread you would have seen the evidence that points to religious people believing that the Earth is flat to this day, since that is what their scriptures teach.

« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2018, 08:50:30 AM »

Well, again, if you had read the thread you would have seen the evidence that points to religious people believing that the Earth is flat to this day, since that is what their scriptures teach.
Sure, a few might.  I don't see why that is relevant either.

rvlvr

« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2018, 05:33:32 AM »

Sure, a few might.  I don't see why that is relevant either.
Because if said, select and few, religious people believe it, it must be the truth and reality of things. I guess? Hard to say. N30 is not very forthcoming with his answers.

He can only show us the door, you know.

N30

« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »
The Book Of Revelation Chapter 2 Verse 9

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2018, 12:17:03 AM »
The Book Of Revelation Chapter 2 Verse 9

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Irrelevant, not a Jewish text.

N30

« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2018, 10:04:08 AM »
The  Book Of Revelation Chapter 3 Verse 9 - The Holy Bible

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #370 on: September 20, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »
Let's get back to here!

It may be more accurate to claim that a few "religious people believe that the Earth is flat" because they believe that is "what their scriptures teach".

There are two interpretations that I have seen:
  • One is that the Bible, at least, does not explicitly teach that the earth is flat and those parts that might seem to state that have other interpretations and in some cases at least are simply dreams.

• The other is that a flat earth cosmology is actually presented in Scripture simply because that was what the people at the time believed and another cosmology would be a quite unnecessary distraction from the real purpose of Scripture.
I'll leave it there for the time being.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2018, 01:38:02 AM »
N30 here's a link to a video about these Jewish Sages that Think Earth Is Flat:
Nehemia Gordon on The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus 

Nehemia Gordon a Karaite Jew
This is an outstanding video that lays the foundation of TRUTH for:
    Who the modern Pharisees are
    Authority of the Rabbis
    The Five pillars of Pharisees
    Hebrew Yeshua vs. Greek Jesus
    Matthew originally written in Hebrew and not Greek. 

Click HERE to watch this video by Nehemia Gordon of NehemiasWall.com
A Karaite Jew is one who follows the Torah, the Hebrew Written Bible but not the oral part of the Talmud as interpreted by your Jewish Sages that think the earth Is flat.
See also: Nehemia's Wall Uncovering Ancient Hebrew Sources of Faith.

Mind you he doesn't like your flat earth ideas, look at: The THREE Unanswerable Objections to the Flat Earth Theory

N30

« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2018, 05:20:06 PM »
Boy howdy, Rabinoz! That's got to be the first well mannered post you have ever directed my way.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2018, 07:19:22 PM »
Boy howdy, Rabinoz! That's got to be the first well mannered post you have ever directed my way.
And you expect well mannered posts after posting this sort of rubbish? Flat Earth General / Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
And a lot of other far worse that seem to have disappeared.

But, more to the point, what about what Nehemia Gordon writes about your your "Jewish Sages" AKA "Pharisees"?
I really don't think I'd take the slightest notice of what they said about the shape of the earth.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2018, 11:23:20 AM »

Scriptures also teach that unicorns, dragons and satyrs are real.
http://www.kjv-asia.com/authorized-version-defence-satyrs-dragons-and-unicorns/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.