Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat

• 374 Replies
?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
Re: Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »
Oh yeah? How long is a stadia? Thats the measurment Eratosthenes used and history doesnt know how long it is.... But history does know that he calculated the circumference of Earth IMPOSSIBLY close to "reality".

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
About 607 feet. I just asked my Google Home and it told me. Maybe stop asking whoever it is you call "history" (is that your cat's name??), obviously they aren't helping.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+long+is+a+stadia

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:10 PM »
Maybe you should use your own brain and think for once you mindless f@ck i hate your shill guts so much.

A stadia is undefined by the true scientific society, but of course google will try to cover up the mistakes of those hiding Earths true shape, for they own google!

After seeing Eratosthenes’ brilliant argument that the Earth’s circumference is 250,000 stades, one naturally asks, “ What is the length of a stade?”  Unfortunately, this question has no simple answer.  Without an International Bureau of Standards to ensure consistency of weights and measures throughout the ancient world, it is very likely that measures such as the stade varied slightly from region to region

https://www.maa.org/press/periodicals/convergence/eratosthenes-and-the-mystery-of-the-stades-how-long-is-a-stade

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »
Maybe you should use your own brain and think for once you mindless f@ck i hate your shill guts so much.

A stadia is undefined by the true scientific society, but of course google will try to cover up the mistakes of those hiding Earths true shape, for they own google!

After seeing Eratosthenes’ brilliant argument that the Earth’s circumference is 250,000 stades, one naturally asks, “ What is the length of a stade?”  Unfortunately, this question has no simple answer.  Without an International Bureau of Standards to ensure consistency of weights and measures throughout the ancient world, it is very likely that measures such as the stade varied slightly from region to region

https://www.maa.org/press/periodicals/convergence/eratosthenes-and-the-mystery-of-the-stades-how-long-is-a-stade
The TRUE shape of the EARTH!

Here is a photograph of almst half of the globe from one from your  :P favourite source on information, NASA!  :P:
This is from Apollo 17 and it shows all of Antarctica, which does not show in the photos from the geostationary weather satellites.
This view is only possible because the Translunar Trajectory was so far south of the equator.

View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon. This translunar coast photograph extends
from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.
Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible.
The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic.
The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA

Hope you like it!

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
Fuck off rabinoz, you just post nonsense that has nothing to do with where the thread is going.

Did you answer my question?

No.

You posted fake photos instead and made smart ass remarks.

Try being intellectual for once.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »

Feel better about yourself now? 

?

Arealhumanbeing

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2017, 12:54:02 PM »
Did you earn a few dollars on that post shill? Or are you paid a salary?

I usually get paid a dollar a post. But when responding to you they only pay me ten cents. I think it's because they see you as more of a joke than a threat.  ;D
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
Did you earn a few dollars on that post shill? Or are you paid a salary?

I usually get paid a dollar a post. But when responding to you they only pay me ten cents. I think it's because they see you as more of a joke than a threat.  ;D

Considering to whom you're responsing ten cents per reply does seem utterly generous I'll have to admit. :P
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

N30

• I can only show you the door.
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2018, 08:20:51 PM »
Ahh, and here we have people "joking" about how much they get paid to spread disinformation and subdue the truth to keep people submersed in lies that enslave us all.

rvlvr

« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2018, 10:58:09 PM »
Necromancer.

Macarios

« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2018, 01:36:00 AM »
Ahh, and here we have people "joking" about how much they get paid to spread disinformation and subdue the truth to keep people submersed in lies that enslave us all.

There are real lies.
Flat Earth was just cover up.
Side bait to make people ask wrong questions, instead of real ones.

Right now you are thinking of how to "prove" that the "gravity doesn't exist", or the "sea isn't really salty".

You don't think of military budget, taxes reduced only for rich people, global warming swept under the carpet, Net neutrality protection revoked...
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

N30

« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2018, 06:09:10 AM »
I dont have to prove that gravity does not exist because it was never proven in the first place!

Just because things fall does not automatically mean gravity exists.

There is no experiment that shows mass attracts mass, and before you post some ISS hollywood footage or a fake youtube video showing weights magically touching each other "proving" gravity go try to prove it YOURSELF.

Because I and nobody I know has ever been able to produce real evidence of mass attracting mass, or gravity.

Is this enough proof of gravity for you? It's not for me!

EARTH IS FLAT

But don't forget this thread is about how the Jewish sages teach that the Earth is flat!

Oh no! Someone better silence their ignorance, where are all the shills complaining about the Jewish teachings!?

« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2018, 06:19:02 AM »
I dont have to prove that gravity does not exist because it was never proven in the first place!

There is no experiment that shows mass attracts mass, and before you post some ISS hollywood footage or a fake youtube video showing weights magically touching each other "proving" gravity go try to prove it YOURSELF.

Because I and nobody I know has ever been able to produce real evidence of mass attracting mass, or gravity.

EARTH IS FLAT

But don't forget this thread is about how the Jewish sages teach that the Earth is flat!

Oh no! Someone better silence their ignorance, where are all the shills complaining about the Jewish teachings!?
You claim there is no experiment that shows mass attracting mass then go on to show and experiment that does exactly that.  But you don't like it.
As for Jewish sages claiming the earth is flat, again I would ask, so what?  What is the relevance of that?

N30

« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2018, 06:24:08 AM »

EARTH IS FLAT

You claim there is no experiment that shows mass attracting mass then go on to show and experiment that does exactly that.  But you don't like it.
As for Jewish sages claiming the earth is flat, again I would ask, so what?  What is the relevance of that?

Well for one thing, I have been hearing a alot about people claiming anyone who says the Earth is flat should be either jailed or put in a mental institution.... Sooo whats up with that? Are we gonna go full Nazi and put the Jewish people in jail and exterminate their "crazy" beliefs?

Macarios

« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:51 AM »

You know what is inertia?
Well known fact that "objects have no own will".

Object will not change direction or speed without external force.
(Won't move, change direction, or stop on its own).
If the speed was 2 m/s, it will remain 2 m/s.
If the speed was zero, it will remain zero.

When you hold small object in mid air and just open your fingers, the initial speed of that object is zero.
Now tell us, please, will the object go to floor (faster and faster) on its own, or because of some force pulling it down?

What do you call that force?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

EARTH IS FLAT

Well for one thing, I have been hearing a alot about people claiming anyone who says the Earth is flat should be either jailed or put in a mental institution.... Sooo whats up with that? Are we gonna go full Nazi and put the Jewish people in jail and exterminate their "crazy" beliefs?
Really who said they should be put in jail?  Also, I have several Jewish friends, none of them think the earth is flat.  But you didn't answer the question. Why is it relevant that some Jewish people think the earth is flat?  Some Christians do as well.

« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2018, 08:48:07 AM »
They also think that you shouldn't eat delicious, delicious bacon.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »

Clearly they are not to be believed.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »

I believe that many of the rules given to the early Hebrews were very relevant advice on health and hygiene, but the "Jewish Sages" (AKA "Scribes and Pharisees") turned them into laws.

Pigs even now are very prone to parasites,
Trichinosis is an infection caused by the roundworm Trichinella spiralis or another Trichinella species. Symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, muscle pain, and fever. People acquire the infection by eating raw or undercooked contaminated meat.

See: Trichinosis - Infections - MSD Manual Consumer Version.

But with modern medical knowledge and hygiene these rules are now quite out-dated.

And I do like bacon and ham and certainly eat them, though I am aware of other risks of these cured meats Why Processed Meat is Bad For You.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2018, 05:50:38 PM »

I believe that many of the rules given to the early Hebrews were very relevant advice on health and hygiene, but the "Jewish Sages" (AKA "Scribes and Pharisees") turned them into laws.

Pigs even now are very prone to parasites,
Trichinosis is an infection caused by the roundworm Trichinella spiralis or another Trichinella species. Symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, muscle pain, and fever. People acquire the infection by eating raw or undercooked contaminated meat.

See: Trichinosis - Infections - MSD Manual Consumer Version.

But with modern medical knowledge and hygiene these rules are now quite out-dated.

And I do like bacon and ham and certainly eat them, though I am aware of other risks of these cured meats Why Processed Meat is Bad For You.

You're right, of course. But I'm part of the "everything's better with bacon" crowd so I make light hearted posts like the above against anyone who tries to say otherwise, regardless of how right they technically are.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2018, 06:44:54 PM »
You're right, of course. But I'm part of the "everything's better with bacon" crowd so I make light hearted posts like the above against anyone who tries to say otherwise, regardless of how right they technically are.
Likewise!  I was also trying to reinforce the thought that the "Jewish Sages" might "Think Earth Is Flat", but has no relevance today.
I have a lot more thoughts on why scripture might be consistent with a flat stationary earth, but that's for another day.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2018, 03:49:15 AM »

Because Jews. Every common idiot knows 'Jew' is a winning argument.
Just ask them. 

Answer is always Jew.

rvlvr

« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2018, 04:18:21 AM »
N30, you also say many rabbis still believe in a flat Earth. Do you have any proof of this, or is it just pure speculation?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:20:10 AM by rvlvr »

N30

« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »
Yes, there is proof in this thread.

Didnt you read it? Or are you just posting to smear me?

rvlvr

« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2018, 12:16:16 AM »
I did not go through all the pages. I admit to that. I just found it odd to hear many rabbis are of the flat Earth ilk.

I deleted the rest of the post. I realized this topic is a really old one. Better to let it die.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:31:29 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:32 AM »
Yes, there is proof in this thread.

Didnt you read it? Or are you just posting to smear me?
I don't entirely remember hut isn't the proof mostly you claiming that if you don't believe in this you aren't a real Jew?

N30

« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2018, 06:41:49 AM »
Absolutely not. Is anyone posting here actually reading the thread?

« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2018, 07:05:23 AM »
Absolutely not. Is anyone posting here actually reading the thread?
None of those link to points in this thread.  But you did say that to be a real Jew you had to believe the earth is flat didn't you?

N30

« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
Again, Ive never said that, but I am quite used to people putting words in my mouth here.