Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat

• 374 Replies
Re: Jewish Sages Think Earth Is Flat
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »
No, you are wrong, Earth is flat.

If America can fool its entire population, Israel sure can.

Wake up!

Resist the "global" elite.

Earth is flat.

What else are they hiding?

They feed on your ignorance and misery.
Then prove it

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
PROVE IT!
Quote from: Arealhumanbeing

Earth is flat.
PROVE IT!

Not only have you never proved it, you have never, that I have seen, even posted any.
Carry on in your ignorance.

All you can do is spout empty statements like:

Earth is flat.

There is no height you can see the Earths curve, it doesnt exist.
More evasion.

Still no evidence actually from you that the "Earth is flat"

You claim with no justification "There is no height you can see the Earths curve, it doesnt exist", but a little can be seen in this video
]
Show me the Curvature... Here it is. Wolfie6020

This one has a bit of curvature,  and it is from this society's Wiki:

The observer is looking down at a circle. A circle is always curved in two dimensions.

And this shows a complete circle!

Himawari 2016.04.26 03.30 UTC

Of course, like all totally Indoctrinated Flat Earthers, you will claim that all evidence against you pet theory is faked!

?

Arealhumanbeing

• Leader of the Second American Revolution
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
Prove it, prove it, prove it! Cries the globalist who spends all his time on a website that apparently has absolutely no proof to back it up...?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
Prove it, prove it, prove it! Cries the globalist who spends all his time on a website that apparently has absolutely no proof to back it up...?
I have been mainly asking you for even evidence, which you, yourself will not give!

And you Flat Earthers are the interlopers! The earth has been taken to be a Globe for some 2300 years!
All of the results of astronomy, including the observations of the sun, moon and planets, are quite consistent with the Globe.
Up until Copernicus the earth was taken to be the centre of the Universe, but alway a Globe - with very few claiming it was flat,
though some much earlier some Greeks (following Aristarchus of Samos) and some in India did claim that the earth rotated and orbited the sun.

But always a Globe, the early "church" and both sides after the reformation expressed no hint that the earth was flat.
At that time most did believe that the earth was a Globe at centre of the Universe, as in "the Venerable Bede" said about the shape of the earth—round “like a ball” not “like a shield” . . .  “an orb placed in the centre of the universe”:
“We call the earth a globe, not as if the shape of a sphere were expressed in the diversity of plains and mountains, but because, if all things are included in the outline, the earth’s circumference will represent the figure of a perfect globe. … For truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe; in its width it is like a circle, and not circular like a shield but rather like a ball, and it extends from its centre with perfect roundness on all sides.”

More in The flat earth myth.

The big issue in the time of Galileo and Copernicus was geocentrism ~ heliocentrism, not flat ~ globe.

So, Arealhumanbeing, you are the one going against the beliefs of the early Greeks, the early Church, early Islam and even astronomers and mathematicians in India.
It is clearly up to YOU to prove your case.
But, you never even try! All you say is "EARTH is FLAT".

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »
I'm a Jewish sage and I don't think the Earth is flat...  ::)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
:D Good enough for me, but maybe I'm biased!  :D

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2017, 08:49:38 PM »
I have been mainly asking you for even evidence, which you, yourself will not give!

And you Flat Earthers are the interlopers! The earth has been taken to be a Globe for some 2300 years!

Why was the Earth thought to be flat in the first place?

Whats that old saying, your first thought is usually the right one?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:12 PM »

Sometimes "your first thought" might be "the right one", but when new information comes along, it is sometimes necessary to revise those early ideas.

The earth was thought flat at first because over a limited region there is little difference between being flat or a Globe.
The Babylonian Empire was small enough to be considered flat:

Babylonian Empire map (609 - 539 BCE)
From History of Israel: Maps of the Middle East.
The region occupied by the Babylonians was comparatively small, so they had not much reason to think differently.

There is, however, a massive difference between their flat earth and the modern one.

The Babylonians observed that the sun, along with the other celestial bodies, appeared to rise from being the horizon, travel up over the sky and then appear to set behind the horizon.

In their case they surmised that the sun resided in the underworld at night, rose in the east from there and set back into the underworld over in the west in the evening.
And their planets and stars were on a "celestial sphere" that rotated east to west about the earth. I only have a diagram with a Globe, but this might give you the idea.
Imagine that globe at the centre a small flat region of the earth.

The Babylonians had no reason think that theirs was the only region of the earth, but if they did not travel much would not realise that things might change if they moved thousands of miles.

This Babylonian Cosmology explained:
the appearance of sunrise/sunrise quite well - it rose from and set into the "underworld" - below the horizon and
the motion of the planets and stars reasonably well, at least to with the accuracy of their own observations.

And this explains how the Babylonians had such a good grasp of Astronomy.
But, simply extending this "model" to the whole presently known earth is simply not possible.
For a start we know that day and night hours change as we move around the earth, but that model would make day and night the same everywhere.
Then, as more started questioning the issue, it was noticed that different constellation's appeared when moving north or south ete, etc.
And we get into the period where the Greeks and Egyptians started questioning the idea of a flat earth, and the rest, as they say is history.

So, when the "modern flat earth movement" sprang up in the 1800's they could not resurrect the old Babylonian Cosmology (which worked moderately well).
What they did was to opt for sun, moon, planets and stars circling above the earth, and that is one big undoing of the present flat earth ideas.

To explain day and night cycles the sun and hence moon and planets have to be close (about 3,000 miles) leading to so many of the observed problems.
But, that is another story.

Those Babylonians, with their (locally) flat earth, underworld for the sun and celestial sphere fitted astronomical observations quite well and they became quite advanced astronomers, considering their lack of any modern instruments.

But the present Flat Earth Societies shun Astronomy like the plague and struggle to explain the movement of all the celestial objects that we so easily observe!

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2017, 03:22:26 AM »
Indeed, the Babylonians may have had a limited world view, however they weren't stupid and could see that the sun set below the horizon every night - so their model reflected this reality.

Something the modern incarnation of the flat earth theory simply can't do.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:12 PM »

You heard the man!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »

You heard the man!
This I want to have ring-side seats for!
Shifter on the left for the "NO" side of "EARTH is FLAT".

and Arealhumanbeing on the right for the "YES" side of "EARTH is FLAT".

More evasion.
Earth is flat.
There is no height you can see the Earths curve, it doesnt exist.

Earth is flat.
But the Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
Earth is flat.
the Earth is flat,
And just look at all the evidence that Arealhumanbeing has!.
:o 8) Surely Arealhumanbeing's say so should convince anyone (who hasn't a brain!). 8) :o

So, we'll just have to wait and see.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
Probably because most people back then had very little first hand experience of the earth much beyond just a few miles of where they were born.

There's also and old saying that you should learn from other people's mistakes because you probably won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #282 on: April 24, 2017, 04:09:07 PM »
There is no curve of the Earth.

Earth is flat.

I know, because I tried looking for it.

Now the question is...

Is it just a coincidence that Jewish religion preaches a flat Earth, or is there some kind of a connection?

Food for thought, goyim.

« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »
Oy vey..

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »
I chuckled.

Shut it down.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2017, 10:10:23 PM »
There is no curve of the Earth.

Earth is flat.

I know, because I tried looking for it.
;D ;D Just because  8) 8) Arealhumanbeing  8) 8) can't find something, proves it cannot exist. You really are joking!  ;D ;D

Open your eyes, Mr Arealhumanbeing, things are always in the last place you look, strange that!

?

Arealhumanbeing

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »

When us Jewish sages were talking about the Earth being flat, we were only talking about in in the context from a photons perspective. Look it up!

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
Never mind my question, i found out why disputenone said "shut it down".
Its from another meme... Hes so mature...

Also the photon point is not true, Chazal teaches that the earth is flat and covered by a solid dome.

Wake up.

Youre minds eye has been shut by the "global elite".

They have blinded you to the truth...

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2017, 05:13:52 PM »
I must add that I in no way endorse the persecution of all who claim to be Jewish.

My personal opinion about the obvious involvment of Judaic persons in events such as 9/11 and the concealment of the true shape of Earth is that Judiasm has become a shield for evil.

Who in their right mind would persecute the most persecuted people in "history"?

In my experience, most people who call themselves Jews care nothing of the words of their Holy Scriptures. They seem content with their special days off, free food at events, and a seemingly easier way of life (due to their sad "history"of course).

But these kinds of people, who are Jewish only on paper, serve as an excellent barrier for those who truly commit acts of evil and terror.

This is the age of enlightenment.

Do you truly know what it means to be Jewish?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
Please research some physics before you tell me things 'aren't true'. Indeed from a photons perspective (if it had one) the Earth is flat. In fact the entire universe may well be. While light from the sun takes 8 minutes to reach here, from the photons perspective, due to time dilation, 0 seconds have passed and 0 distance has travelled. You also at those speeds get 'length contraction' At light speed, everything in the direction you are heading has 0 length. So a photon heading toward the Earth at the speed of light, the length is 0.

Know your place

« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2017, 11:03:28 PM »
Always wondered why the unproven opinions of admittedly intelligent people several thousand years ago is held in higher esteem than todays scientists and the very best of evidence.

Well I guess nutters have their reasons.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2017, 06:57:46 AM »
Please research some physics before you tell me things 'aren't true'. Indeed from a photons perspective (if it had one) the Earth is flat. In fact the entire universe may well be. While light from the sun takes 8 minutes to reach here, from the photons perspective, due to time dilation, 0 seconds have passed and 0 distance has travelled. You also at those speeds get 'length contraction' At light speed, everything in the direction you are heading has 0 length. So a photon heading toward the Earth at the speed of light, the length is 0.

Looks like were getting somewhere!

Other than that, the rest of your post is rubbish.

Please, stay on topic.

« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »

Looks like were getting somewhere!

Other than that, the rest of your post is rubbish.

Please, stay on topic.
What are you, 8?  He was exactly on topic.

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
No he is not. He made a false claim with no evidence to back it up.
When have you ever backed up your claim that the earth is flat.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
arealhumanbeing

You don't have any idea about physics, relativity or even light itself. Please spend some more time in school before you embarrass yourself further than you already have

Know your place

?

Arealhumanbeing

« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »
Shifter

You are a balless fuckwit. You claim that the Jewish sages are speaking from a photons perspective, but you cannot back up that statement, and when I confront you about the matter, I am told that i should stop embarrassing myself.

Oh the irony...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
Indeed.

Know your place