Questions - FE to RE and RE to FE

• 13 Replies
Questions - FE to RE and RE to FE
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
I'd like to dedicate this thread to questions that you think don't deserve a thread of their own.

Basically, this is a thread where flat earthers can ask any questions from round earthers and they will try their best to answer them.
And the other way around, ofcourse.

I hope that we'll keep it civil here, this thread is kind of more for widening your understanding on the beliefs of eachother and educating ourselves. No shitflinging.

That being said, ask me anything. I believe in a round earth. I consider myself fairly intelligent, but not a scientist, so i'm going to have to research answers to most (difficult) questions as i go.

I will probably come up with a large post answering as many questions as i can (in order; earliest to latest). If I skipped over your question, I, or someone else have either already answered it in this thread or you're being rude or I simply cannot come up for an answer. As i said, i'm not a scientist.

Mods: If this thread belongs elsewhere, please move the thread over there :) Sorry!

Anyone regardless of belief can ask and answer questions.
Go!  :)

Re: Questions - FE to RE and RE to FE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
I'd like to dedicate this thread to questions that you think don't deserve a thread of their own.

Basically, this is a thread where flat earthers can ask any questions from round earthers and they will try their best to answer them.
And the other way around, ofcourse.

I hope that we'll keep it civil here, this thread is kind of more for widening your understanding on the beliefs of eachother and educating ourselves. No shitflinging.

That being said, ask me anything. I believe in a round earth. I consider myself fairly intelligent, but not a scientist, so i'm going to have to research answers to most (difficult) questions as i go.

I will probably come up with a large post answering as many questions as i can (in order; earliest to latest). If I skipped over your question, I, or someone else have either already answered it in this thread or you're being rude or I simply cannot come up for an answer. As i said, i'm not a scientist.

Mods: If this thread belongs elsewhere, please move the thread over there :) Sorry!

Anyone regardless of belief can ask and answer questions.
Go!  :)

"I believe in a round earth."

You must, there certainly is no evidence from earth's physical condition that supports the idea.

If this is supposed to be happening to water at the equator:

Why does water at the equator do this:

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
Yo PO, it is clear by the way he wrote his post that your kind of post is not what he wants here, go back to your own thread where this is being refuted stop trying to force it down the throats of people who have no interest in your out of context YouTube videos and random inserted statements
"Religion is the opium of the people"
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »

You must, there certainly is no evidence from earth's physical condition that supports the idea.
Nope. All the evidence that points one way or the other, points to Earth being round and spinning.
There is certainly no evidence from Earth's physical condition that supports it being flat or stationary.

If this is supposed to be happening to water at the equator:
Why does water at the equator do this:
Because Earth is spinning a lot slower, and gravity is still much stronger than the centrifugal force, causing the water to fall, just like has been explained to you so many times it isn't funny.
However, it is over 20 km higher at the equator than at the poles.
Now take your childish bullshit back to your own thread for everyone to have pity on you there.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »
Here is a question I have for FEBs. Can you explain the infinite plain theory to me in as simple terms as possible? And does this theory automatically include non-euclidean geometry or is that a variation? Or is non-euclidean geometry part of some other theory altogether?
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:58 PM »

And the other way around, of course.

So, you want this entire site condensed into your thread?   ::)

JackBlack

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »

No. Just the questions that don't deserve their own thread, like how is circumnavigation possible in an east-west direction.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 08:40:44 PM »
Really? YOU claim "there certainly is no evidence from earth's physical condition that supports the idea".

Well, I believe the earth is a Globe, you, I assume, think that the earth is round - a round disk.
And there is mountains of evidence for the earth's being a Globe!

Even the old English monk, the Venerable Bede was careful to make that distinction!
Here is what Bede said about the shape of the earth—round “like a ball” not “like a shield”:
We call the earth a globe, not as if the shape of a sphere were expressed in the diversity of plains and mountains, but because, if all things are included in the outline, the earth’s circumference will represent the figure of a perfect globe. … For truly it is an orb placed in the centre of the universe; in its width it is like a circle, and not circular like a shield but rather like a ball, and it extends from its centre with perfect roundness on all sides.”

From Creation.com, The flat earth myth

And there is lots of evidence for the earth's being a Globe!!
  • Buildings disappear!

Toronto as seen across lake Ontario from Olcott Beach, NY; evening 18th July EST, by Ad Meskens
    Now those buildings are roughly 50 m wide so their "vanishing point" would be 50 x 3,000 m or 150 km.
    They are 64.5 km away and not far enough away to disappear according yo your "magical perspective".

There they are sitting up like Jackie 64.5 km away with a large part hidden by about 82 m of bulge.
    The view here is helped by a zoom lens, which has not magically restored the hidden part.
    And many many, more where thay come from.

Ships get partly hidden behind the horizon.
    ]
    Ship partly below horizon, Mathias Kp
    Towers get partly hidden behind the horizon:

Turning Torso (190m tall) - seen from 25km - 50km
    More towers:

FLAT EARTH - EXPERIMENT - TELESCOPE, Alex Chertnik
    You do not have to rely on those videos. Go out and check it yourself, a telescope helps.

• The horizon over the ocean is sharp and clear - impossible of a flat earth, see

Sharp Horizon from near Sea Level - at Shorncliffe
    To me, this proves that the horizon is comparatively close.

• The angular size of the sun (and the moon) do not change size as the appear to move from rising near the east to setting near the west.
    I did not take these photos. There were taken be an "avid flat-earther" and posted on YouTube.
    And the statement "the sun does not appear to change it size until just before sunset" is his, not mine

The "sun does not appear to change it size until just before sunset" - and then only a little in height!

• The sun rises from behind the horizon and sets behind the horizon like this!

Yes, you've seen it all before, and you'll say it's all due to your "magic perspective" or "impossible refraction".
All I can say to that is: Show some evidence that perspective and/or refraction can explain all that!
Just what sort of evidence do you need?
Just open your eyes and look about you, there is plenty of evidence for a Globe Earth!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 08:45:54 PM »

No. Just the questions that don't deserve their own thread, like how is circumnavigation possible in an east-west direction.

Asked and answered.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »

Asked and answered.
Then go ahead and answer it Mr low content posting
Karl Marx

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

JackBlack

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »

Asked and answered.
Then go ahead and answer it Mr low content posting
By going around in a circle around the north pole.

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 05:14:24 AM »
Love it, how he says it has been answered but let's someone else actually answer it, and we wait so long that you have to answer it Jack
Karl Marx

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 05:19:44 AM »
Please explain how east -west circumnavigation is not possible on a flat Earth.

Mikey T.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »
Please explain how east -west circumnavigation is not possible on a flat Earth.
Let's use flat Earther tactics here... They aren't having to make a constant right turn to go in a circle to circumnavigate going West.  Or vice versa going East. 
Like the airplane having to constantly adjust downward argument made by the idio...  err flat Earthers.