Challenge to Round Earthers

• 13 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Challenge to Round Earthers
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »
Learn before you speak. Instead of blabbing about things you don't understand, sit down and learn FET. Hear what the models are before passing judgement. Instead of spamming bullshit arguments, read up on and try to understand what you're arguing against.
Don't demand flat earthers cater to your whims and explain every little detail hundreds of times. Put in some damn effort and read the models before you conclude they're wrong or impossible, and don't whinge when people point out the world isn't centered around you and that they do not have to do whatever you want them to. Instead of going in with a list of disproofs and contorting logic in whatever way is required to use them, act scientifically. Go in with an open mind, judge a model on its own merits rather than by how much it departs from RET, don't use an argument from incredulity but rather use actual logic. When you have learnt and understand a model, then and only then try to find the holes. Before that stage, there is no logical way to claim you have found a flaw.

It's funny how round earthers fail at one of the most basic steps of logic. You cannot make a claim about something you know nothing about .

Dual Earth Theory awaits all honest seekers of truth.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: Challenge to Round Earthers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:34:28 PM »
Let's see how many honest responses there are, and how many are just going to be more insults and lies and content-less whinging.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »
Go in with an open mind, judge a model on its own merits rather than by how much it departs from RET,

You seem to be stuck with that idea.   It is fairly easy to know what reality is at the very simple level we are talking about to know if the earth is flat or round or square.  The idea all educated people here are so stupid they cannot work out things for themselves and instead are slaves of some model or the indoctrinated beliefs of 'them that know better' is crazy.

It is also crazy that we need to know all of the elements of some smelly model to know it stinks.   A model can have 10,000 elements but if it claims for example bouyancy creates some mysterious upwards force where there is no other force specifically creating a downwards force then we already know it stinks.

All you are doing with this kind of thinking is ensuring complicated models that have no connection to reality at all can be kept workable in your mind, when a moments thought by anybody else, can see they are totally ridiculous.

Anyway I thought you were sick of this place and you were going some place else?.   This is no  place for you and you know it.  You are incompatible with roundies and regular flatties.   You and sceptimatic should get together.  You would then at least have each other.   Sorry to say it but it just seems true.

Good luck

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:58:12 PM »
You'll find no disagreement from me on this.  Challenge accepted.

On a separate note, do you still need help with that weather balloon?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
Learn before you speak. Instead of blabbing about things you don't understand, sit down and learn

You cannot make a claim about something you know nothing about .
I might have to quote these in the future.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 10:30:57 PM »
Learn before you speak. Instead of blabbing about things you don't understand, sit down and learn

You cannot make a claim about something you know nothing about .
I might have to quote these in the future.

when a sort of flat earther (well technically dual earther) describes flat earthers when trying to describe round earthers
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

?

zork

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 11:55:24 PM »
 Actually, from where I can learn about DET? Jrowe's site doesn't qualify because there is no actual info about DET. So, from where I can get some real info?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »
Lies and if they can't find an answer then insult is the most of two methods they can answer with.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 01:02:08 AM »
Lies and if they can't find an answer then insult is the most of two methods they can answer with.

Oh we have the answers. Thats not the problem. The problem is that you are dumber than most people's pets and so the answer just floats past you.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 01:26:23 AM »

Oh we have the answers. Thats not the problem. The problem is that you are dumber than most people's pets and so the answer just floats past you.

HAVE YOU READ THE MODEL???? I WILL NOT REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER!!!! READ THE FUCKING MODEL!!

#JroweLogics
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 01:41:32 AM »
JRowe, I think I explained this to you before. It's not my job (or our job) to make sense of your incoherent 600 pages ramblings. On the other hand, it IS your job to correct any mistake in your idea (as I explained to you, you don't have a model because you fail to specify its workings, you don't have a theory because you don't even have a hypothesis, as there is no known observation that matches your ideas and not the current understanding of the universe). And because we are assholes, we will point to you all failures in your ideas. If you don't like this model of informal peer review, as I told you before, GO PUBLISH. YOU DON'T NEED A SCIENTIFIC CAREER TO PUBLISH THINGS. YOU CAN EVEN PUBLISH ANONYMOUSLY. GO DO IT.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:02 AM »
I'm someone who's looked into the flat earth theory for around 3yrs

the majority of flat earth proofs have been irrefutably disproven, I've asked many times what actual proofs are left, to which not many FE's can actually provide one piece of evidence that explains why they still believe

you're someone who has accepted the standard flat earth model has flaws, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to create a new theory

I'll go over a few for you (again) :

dome - disproved by the existence of meteors
no curve - disproven by many videos (usually by flat earthers trying to prove no curvature, many show the tops of buildings, unless you're claiming they now build partly underwater)
no satellites - disproven by the many photos of them, by amateurs and professionals
localised sun - disproven by crepuscular sun rays
flat plane - disproven by sun rise/sun set

not a globe - disproven by the lunar eclipse and constellation positions (you can't see the north star from deep in the southern hemisphere)

its not that we don't understand the theory, it's just the theory doesn't work in real life or stand up to any sort of testing or cross examination

when we present the 'irrefutable evidence', we're met with cognitive dissonance (ignoring blatant facts as it doesn't fit your beliefs)

- most flat earthers just deny the evidence, they don't explain why they're denying it, they'll maybe answer 1 or 2 questions, but eventually they either give up or start getting aggressive
- others (yourself included), accept the flat earth theory has major flaws, but for some strange reason, instead of accepting the obvious, decide to simply create a new theory and expect people to believe it.. you cannot personally believe it as you know that you in fact just made it up

so before you start trying to make out us globe earthers do anything other than STAY, and PRESENT TESTABLE EVIDENCE, try to notice the pattern FE's have when presented WITH evidence

the globe has been proven

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 08:11:14 AM »
Challenge accepted.

Yep. Earth is a globe.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 02:39:17 AM »
safe to say that this challenge was passed with flying colours

I'd have preferred him actually replying to let us know he no longer believes in the flat earth theory, but his silence speaks volumes