Please Explain What Earth Looks Like.

• 298 Replies
?

frenat

Re: Please Explain What Earth Looks Like.
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:35 PM »
The *alleged* radius of Earth is 4000 miles.
I challenge you to verify that supposed fact.
I have verified it for myself many times.
I have stood on the beach at the Bay/Gulf county line in Mexico Beach, FL.  From that point, looking directly south one can see the trees of Cape San Blas but not the beach or water line.  I've verified with binoculars and a telescope that they still are not visible with magnification.  However, just climbing up the ~15 feet to road level and they ARE visible without any magnification.  Exactly as expected with an Earth with a radius of 4,000 miles.  I've also used both RADAR and radio from ground and airborne based platforms and seen the max range vary solely on the altitude of the emitter.  In all cases that distance conforms to an Earth with a radius about 4,000 miles.  If the Earth was flat or the radius was different then the max range would vary based on power output but that does not happen.

But this "challenge" just seems like an attempted distraction from your crappy drawing.

Maybe I missed something but not all visual aids are to scale, and certainly not all those concerning Earth.[/uote]
Being so grossly out of scale makes it look like the mountains are significant when they aren't.

Ever cross your mind to actually address the two points I brought up recently?
When did I ever indicate I cared about your supposed points?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
The *alleged* radius of Earth is 4000 miles.
No its not!
       Earth's polar radius is 3,949 miles and
       Earth's equstorial radius is 3,963 miles

Quote from: N30
The *alleged* diameter of the known flat earth is 24,900 miles.

Maybe I missed something but not all visual aids are to scale, and certainly not all those concerning Earth.
Not surprising when the average diameter of earth is 7,918 miles and the highest mountain is less than 5.5 miles or 0.13% of the diameter.
You try a scale drawing of even a 100 mile piece of the earth .
Here is a rough scale drawing, including curvature from 50 miles east of Mt Everest to 50 miles west.
Look at all that  :P curvature :P.
If a diagram needs to illustrate the effects of curvature over a few miles there is no way to draw to scale.
Heights might be a few tens of feet, but horizontal distances are a number of miles.

Ever cross your mind to actually address the two points I brought up recently?
i'll leave that to another post.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2017, 01:40:24 AM »
Not simple. The curve is very small and horizon from high aircraft altitudes is very blurred,  so becomes hard to see clearly.

From Concorde at about 50,000 ft, I don't know the camera used

The blurry horizon is a problem at this altitude and lower, but 100,000 ft is above enough if the atmosphere for the blurring to be less of a problem.

Or from a flat earther's balloon flight.
FLAT EARTH ADDICT 22  Balloon cam at 121,000 ft at 4:13

FLAT EARTH ADDICT 22  Balloon cam at 121,000 ft at 4:13 - contrast enhanced
So at a guess I would say that some curvature can be seen from about 45,000 feet and convincing curvature from 100,000 ft.
But in both cases the distortion from a camera lens can exaggerate it or hide it.

N30

• I can only show you the door.
« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »
I cant believe you are still on this site every day Rabinoz.

At last, there can be no doubt that you are a paid disinformation agent suppressing truth.
Maybe you can explain why you lie so much in another way?

Need I point out that the Flat Earth Addict video clip you posted employs a fish eye lens? Not important, eh?
Earth is flat. Earth is not a globe.
Oh, woe to the person who turns a blind eye to this deception. Here are the original videos proving my point.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> Rabinoz clipped video [With fisheye]

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> Proof of a flat Earth [No Fisheye]

« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »
if they started to say that the globe earth is more like a pear in shape, we might be starting to get somewhere.
the flat Earth map clearly shows a really large Southern hemisphere.
maybe in the end they will admit and prove in a way that nobody can deny it anymore, that the Earth is indeed flat.

?

zork

« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Need I point out that the Flat Earth Addict video clip you posted employs a fish eye lens? Not important, eh?
No, its not important.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »

At last, there can be no doubt that you are a paid disinformation agent suppressing truth.

Oh, woe to the person who turns a blind eye to this deception. Here are the original videos proving my point.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> Rabinoz clipped video [With fisheye]

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> Proof of a flat Earth [No Fisheye]
Please learn the difference between a fisheye lens and a normal wide angle lens. The video camera in the YouTube video does not use s fisheye lens.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »
What business is it of yours what I do? I'm retured and can wasted my time as I feel fit, so butt out!

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't lie, I thought that is your speciality, as I will prove later - at least I prove that you are ignorantly deceptive.

No, it is highly important! That is why I selected a frame with the horizon close to but slightly below the centre of the picture,
I could easily have picked one like this, with the horizon above the centre,
so grossly exaggerating the curvature:

121,000ft Little Piggy High Altitude Balloon Flight FULL LENGTH  FLAT EARTH ADDICT 06 at 6:09
     Or one like this, with the horizon well below the centre,
so negating any curvature that might be there:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
FLAT EARTH ADDICT 05 : 121,000 feet Little Piggy Cam High Altitude Balloon Flight

You really should learn a bit about so-called fish-eye lenses. Try Flat Earth Insanity, Flat Earth Follies: High Altitude Balloon footage PROVES Flat Earth

There you are at it again, you simply cannot help yourself!
No, it is almost a perfect sphere, it has been for as long as people have been around and you cannot prove otherwise!

Oh, woe to the person who turns a blind eye to this deception.
Not I, Mr N30, a deceptive segment of that video was posted by flat earther, Logick, in How do roundies explain away high-altitude photos/footage of the flat Earth?.
I went back to the original videos made by flat earther, Flat Earth Addict.

They are not my videos, they are flat earth videos. If there is any deception implied it's not on my head, go blame your Flat Earth YouTube buddies.

Here are the original videos proving my point.
No they don't! As stated above none are my videos.

No! Mr N30, I did not clip any videos, nor take any videos with any fish-eye lens!.
If you do not believe me look at the source in Logick's post: How do roundies explain away high-altitude photos/footage of the flat Earth?.
I went back to the original videos made by flat earther, Flat Earth Addict.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> Proof of a flat Earth [No Fisheye] << corrected by RABinOZ >>
That is the same balloon flight.  Here look at the "121,000ft Little Piggy High Altitude Balloon Flight FULL LENGTH":
You take a peak at that video betweens times 6:08 and say 6:34 and then try to tell me it is not a "fish-eye" lens.
Now YOU were saying
"Oh, woe to the person who turns a blind eye to this deception."
See, I have not turned a blind eye to deception! I have exposed your deception.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, which you did not give me, and blame it on your total ignorance of photography!
Bye bye.

N30

« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »
What business is it of yours what I do? I'm retured and can wasted my time as I feel fit, so butt out!

Well seeing as how you constantly call flat Earthers mentally challenged, and ignore any counterarguments all while doing so on a website made for flat Earthers, I would say it is my business because you seem to be more of a cyber bully rather than some kind of "beacon of truth".

And then you post copy paste lists of common arguments against flat Earth that have been given explanations over and over!

If you were only here for once and a while, I would not make such a fuss, but how many consecutive hours/days/weeks/months/years have you consistently been on this website calling anyone who actually claims to be a believer in the flat Earth a troll, shill, or mentally disturbed?

N30

« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2018, 06:50:49 PM »
Oh Rabinoz, he is still here almost everyday isn't he? The shill is strong with that one.

« Reply #250 on: March 09, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »
Oh Rabinoz, he is still here almost everyday isn't he? The shill is strong with that one.
If only you could refute anything he says you might have a case.  But you can't do you just resort to insults.

N30

« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »
I have refuted plenty of what that shill spews. My last post in this thread last year, was about how Rabby the shill loves to resort to insults on almost every occasion, and now you claim I am the on being insulting just by pointing out facts?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
What business is it of yours what I do? I'm retired and can wasted my time as I feel fit, so butt out!
Well seeing as how you constantly call flat Earthers mentally challenged,
Where do I "constantly call flat Earthers mentally challenged"? But, with the way you act, I do wonder at times.

and ignore any counterarguments
I argue against counterarguments but I certainly cannot address all counterarguments.
So would you please list any well supported counterarguments that have ignored and I'll see what I can do.

But you complain that I'm here too much then claim that I "ignore any counterarguments"! Give us a break. There's no pleasing some people.

all while doing so on a website made for flat Earthers, I would say it is my business because you seem to be more of a cyber bully.
Who said this site is simply, "made for flat Earthers"? I thought it was made for flat earthed to debate their ideas, but few seem to do it!
If you want to debate with only believers, confine yourself to the Flat Earth Believers forum.

So I guess a cyber bully is now anyone posts evidence against the claims from the likes of N30.

Tough, you should be used to being wrong by now. Here's another pretty picture and you can't blame NASA for this one.

Poor poor flat earther, you've got to think that everybody else is wrong and only you are right.

N30

« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:45 AM »
I think those who are wrong are wrong, and those who are right are right.

Luckily for me, those who know the Earth is flat is gaining in number.

There is a store in Iverness Scotland called The Flat Earth Store that just recently opened.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2018, 06:04:33 AM »

There is a store in Iverness Scotland called The Flat Earth Store that just recently opened.

There are stores all over the world that sell magic wands.
Nullius in Verba

rvlvr

« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2018, 06:22:56 AM »

Funny how the numbers of those in the know do not seem to grow on this forum.

But the flat Earth store does sound interesting. What do they sell?

From the article in the Scottish Scum:
A further post reads: “Your silence is consent. Your government is blocking out the sun and killing you.

Do you know more of the sun block the government is using?

Cahaya

« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
Ah, that's why I rarely see the sun in Scotland!

rvlvr

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2018, 06:46:13 AM »
Yeah, Tories, Queen, and NASA. Bastards.

N30

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »
From what I understand the Flat Earth Store doesnt sell anything.

And yes, the governments are blocking the sun.

Look up Al Gore on Ellen, he admits there are "crazy" scientists trying to stop global warming by spraying the skies!

rvlvr

« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2018, 06:55:23 AM »
From what I understand the Flat Earth Store doesnt sell anything.

And yes, the governments are blocking the sun.

Look up Al Gore on Ellen, he admits there are "crazy" scientists trying to stop global warming by spraying the skies!
So is that what they referring to? That is how they are killing us? Why do they want to kill us?

N30

« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2018, 07:01:02 AM »
They don't want us totally dead, they want us half dead so we can be their mindless slaves.

Macarios

« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2018, 07:01:17 AM »
Instead of describing, let me show you:

Himawari-8 takes one photo every 10 minutes abobve Japan / Australia.
Set "visible", click on "color", and select time from UTC table to see when there was day.
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/smallc.html?area=6&element=1&time=201803101420

Form the other angle GOES-16 takes more images.
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/#/animation?satellite=goes-16&end_datetime=latest&n_images=1&coverage=fd&channel=rgbstr&image_quality=gif&anim_method=javascript

EUMETSAT took images for last 35 years, one for each day, from above the zero meridian. Set time and wait couple of seconds to refresh.
http://pics.eumetsat.int/viewer/index.html

There are more, just google for geostationary meteorological satellite imagery.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rvlvr

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2018, 07:05:32 AM »
They don't want us totally dead, they want us half dead so we can be their mindless slaves.
Who told you this? Where did you get the information of the plan?

N30

« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
Do you know whats in chemtrails?

The Al Gore approved streaks in the sky?

rvlvr

« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »
Oh yes. Chemtrails.

Tell me what is in them, thank you.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »
Oh yes. Chemtrails.

Homeopathy.  ;)
Nullius in Verba

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
Oh yes. Chemtrails.

Homeopathy.  ;)
Homeopathy works tho.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Oh yes. Chemtrails.

Homeopathy.  ;)
Homeopathy works tho.

Placebos occasionally do.
Nullius in Verba

Cahaya

« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
Do you know whats in chemtrails?

The Al Gore approved streaks in the sky?

Mainly water and some burnt fossil fuel particulates, more correctly called contrails

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »
Oh yes. Chemtrails.

Homeopathy.  ;)
Homeopathy works tho.
Does it really?  Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.