Solve this proof

• 15 Replies
Solve this proof
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »
Hi, so every once in a while i'm gonna drop in some round earth proof to see if we can debunk them. Okay first one from Youtube :
"If the earth is flat, then how can we dig down?"

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: Solve this proof
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:52:10 AM »
Hi, so every once in a while i'm gonna drop in some round earth proof to see if we can debunk them. Okay first one from Youtube :

With a shovel.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
I'm not so sure that being able to dig or not would truly stand scrutiny as 'proof' of globe or flat earth.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:45:16 AM »

Your first problem is using YouTube as a source of a proof.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »

"Flat" does not mean "thin." The Earth is flat, but it's three and a quarter miles thick. Obviously, if it was thin enough to dig through it would bend, and then it wouldn't be flat any more.  :)

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:56:39 AM »
This sounds interesting, could you provide some more info?
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 01:44:18 AM »
This sounds interesting, could you provide some more info?
I doubt that drilling will prove much.
The deepest hole drilled so far is the Kola Superdeep Borehole 7.6 miles (12.2 km) deep - just a "pinprick".

That's certainly a minute distance through the Globe and John Davis estimates the thickness of the infinite flat earth as about 9000 km.
Plug in 2500 kg/m^3 for D,  9.81m/s/s for a and we find a minimum 9000 km for the thickness, t.
So possibly any flat-earth model might have a similar thickness.

I don't think that drill will provide any evidence, let alone proof.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 03:43:48 AM »
Borehole projects should be encouraged and funded.  They can reveal claims made by FEers.

The hole gets deeper and deeper and terminated when angst displayed by round Earth believers overtakes reason and keeps the truth of FET buried.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 04:24:10 AM »
Borehole projects should be encouraged and funded.  They can reveal claims made by FEers.

The hole gets deeper and deeper and terminated when angst displayed by round Earth believers overtakes reason and keeps the truth of FET buried.
Good luck with the funding. It took the Russians 24y to drill 12km down before their equipment started failing because of temperature and pressure. No angst whatsoever.
Be gentle

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »
Digging is not much of "a round earth proof" -- the flat earth might be as flat as a pancake, that doesn't mean it's as thin as one.

The flat earth might be very thick, especially if the flat earth rests on something rather than have another surface underneath, like a coin or a frisbee.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
Turtles. Dig deep enough and you'll hit turtles.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 03:38:28 AM »
Why would I need to dig through the earth, only to verify what I already know:  The earth is flat.  And I am eternally thankful not to be a bleeting sheep anymore but a truth hunter.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 03:46:20 AM »
Why would I need to dig through the earth, only to verify what I already know:  The earth is flat.  And I am eternally thankful not to be a bleeting sheep anymore but a truth hunter.
If you're "a truth hunter" you seem to have a long way to go. The old idea of a flat earth died out close on 2500 years ago.

We see so many "irrefutable proofs" of the "flat earth" that are laughable easy to refute.

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »
If you're "a truth hunter" you seem to have a long way to go. The old idea of a flat earth died out close on 2500 years ago.

We see so many "irrefutable proofs" of the "flat earth" that are laughable easy to refute.

He needs no proof because his is a debate between chocolate vs vanilla as the better icecream.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

We see so many "irrefutable proofs" of the "flat earth" that are laughably easy to refute.

He needs no proof because his is a debate between chocolate vs vanilla as the better icecream.
Incorrect!
Neither ::) chocolate nor vanilla is the better icecream!  :) Connoisseur Murray River Salted Caramel is far better :)!
Now that we've settled that . . . . . .

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 02:33:34 AM »
What you know, or what you think you know, is completely irrelevant. Thinking oranges are blue doesn’t make them blue.

Gather evidence without prejudice to support your claim and start digging.
Be gentle