Prove That Antarctica Is A Continent.

• 201 Replies

N30

• I can only show you the door.
Prove That Antarctica Is A Continent.
« on: September 04, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
Why was it claimed to have natural resources by the US, then abandoned and quarantined?
After all subsequent explorations, no other person has made such observations since.
Knowledge of the presence of coal and uranium were stated to exist.
Explaining why such a rich source of materials would never be mentioned again is baffling.

Upkeep of the myth that Antarctica is a continent is easy, if all mankind was kept away from the center. (we are)
Please explain why the south pole greatly shifts its magnetic position irrelative to the north.

Re: Prove That Antarctica Is A Continent.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »
Why was it claimed to have natural resources by the US, then abandoned and quarantined?
After all subsequent explorations, no other person has made such observations since.
Explaining why such a rich source of materials would never be mentioned again is baffling.

Upkeep of the myth that Antarctica is a continent is easy, if all mankind was kept away from the center. (we are)
Please explain why the south pole greatly shifts its magnetic position irrelative to the north.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63627.msg1688240#msg1688240

If you have about 50,000 dollars you can holiday at the south pole station and either just fly in or you can do it the hard way and walk in after being flown to within a few hundred miles of the pole.

https://www.discover-the-world.co.uk/destinations/south-pole-adventure

For about 2000? you can fly over antarctica almost to the south pole from Australia with Qantas

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/

For about $4,000 you can go by boat and see the midnight sun along the Antarctic peninsula and there are dozens of spectacular tourist videos on youtube.

http://www.polarcruises.com/antarctica/ships/luxury-expedition-ships

There are many companies doing these boat trips

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:27:04 PM by Aliveandkicking »

N30

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »
Well, you do realize the midnight sun is a time relative occurrence, easily explained by location skew.
Alaska's 24 hour periods of sun make sense on a flat earth model with expanding and shrinking solar rotation.
Keep dreaming if you think a trip to a station "NEAR" the pole, or a flight "ALMOST" to the pole will convince me.
Exactly why does nobody know why the magnetic south pole shifts so much and the north does not?

Unless there is evidence otherwise, nobody has privately flown over Antarctica since.
Please note in 1935 a flight was supposedly completed, yet it was government funded, thus it does not qualify.

SpJunk

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »
The movement of Earth's north magnetic pole across the Canadian arctic.

From North Magnetic Pole.

So, you were saying (it doesn't shift as much)?
It doesn't look still to me...
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 02:40:14 PM »
Well, you do realize the midnight sun is a time relative occurrence, easily explained by location skew.
Alaska's 24 hour periods of sun make sense on a flat earth model with expanding and shrinking solar rotation.
Keep dreaming if you think a trip to a station "NEAR" the pole, or a flight "ALMOST" to the pole will convince me.
Exactly why does nobody know why the magnetic south pole shifts so much and the north does not?

Unless there is evidence otherwise, nobody has privately flown over Antarctica since.
Please note in 1935 a flight was supposedly completed, yet it was government funded, thus it does not qualify.

Mate you can holiday at the south pole.

There is totally no problem standing at the South pole

>>Well, you do realize the midnight sun is a time relative occurrence, easily explained by location skew

You need to come back to us before you are gone forever.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:53:23 PM by Aliveandkicking »

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 02:56:57 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/travel/101362/from-the-arctic-to-antarctica-by-private-jet.html

Don't you ever get tired of being so consistently wrong?
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »
Here is what happens if you go to Antarctica without "permission"  ::)

"Norwegian explorer's arrest in Chile"
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/europe/news/article.cfm?l_id=7&objectid=10796100

There is also a member on this board who, supposedly, has the resources and has tried to visit Antarctica, but had his trip conveniently cancelled last minute.

I would love to do that, visit Antartica, but I don't think 'they' would allow me :( I was just reading the other day about a Norwegian guy who put together a team to explore Antartica and his peeps disappeared there, shortly after sending some radio saying all was well and that the weather was favorable. Their disappearance was attributed to a storm. The Norwegian guy is now being accused of terrorism (seriously? terrorism?). I'm gonna try to find the video and post it here. It's been a while since I watched it.

Bottom line is, the ones controlling this mess will never let people like you and me to go there and see what's up.
Indeed I tried to go once myself and it was cancelled last minute due to weather on a calm uneventful day. I'd like to think this is just a coincidence...

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67909.msg1818223#msg1818223

So no, going to Antarctica is not as easy as you round earthers are saying. I also would love to go there, but I hardly believe I would be granted permission to.
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »
How do you know John Davis had a planned antarctic expedition? In this 3 line quote, he simply says "it was cancelled last minute"

How do you know he is not lying to you?

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 03:49:01 PM »
How do you know John Davis had a planned antarctic expedition? In this 3 line quote, he simply says "it was cancelled last minute"

How do you know he is not lying to you?

He could indeed be lying, I simply used him as an example. However, Jarle Andhoy's story is a fact. Why is he being accused of terrorism? Because he went to Antarctica without permission? How absurd is that?
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

?

Woody

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »
Well it seems really odd to me that no FE's try to get there.  John claimed he tried and it was cancelled. If I remember correctly he even mention men in suits being involved somehow.  Yet he never attempted the trip again.

A sailboat costing about $50,000 could make the trip.  I met a couple who went on their boat.  They decided to go after meeting another couple who went. 

There are events every year there.

Pictures from people who have been there.

Of course pictures from space.

N30

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
Well, I hope you realize none of that actually proves Antarctica is the continent like we are led to believe.
As for "space" photos of it; I sit here and compare them to my paper map, none match it! Nor do they to each other.
Knowing people holding events near the coast, or taking a selfie there, does not prove it is surrounded by ocean.
Every bit of information I can find about Antarctica seems to be minimal and misleading.

Underlying problems in firmly held beliefs begs further examination of said beliefs.
Perhaps one should research flights there, all you get is a controlled Disneyland like loop ride on a boat or plane.

Never once are you allowed out of their control, like any other actual continent you can fly to.
Of course there is a circular island dubbed "Deception Island".
Wow.

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »

Don't worry, we know that your deeply help beliefs won't be swayed by rational thought, nor evidence, nor even personal experience.

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »
As for "space" photos of it; I sit here and compare them to my paper map, none match it! Nor do they to each other.

You realize that it's covered in ice right?  ice that melts and refreezes and moves and stuff?

I'm sure there's plenty of top secret things going on in Antarctica.  But none of it has to do with the shape of the planet, which is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 06:04:36 PM »

You ask "Well, you do realize the midnight sun is a time relative occurrence, easily explained by location skew." No, I didn't! Please explain.

Sure "Alaska's 24 hour periods of sun make sense" and so does the South Pole's 6 month periods of sun make perfect sense, on a Globe!
And since the South Pole does get 6 month periods of sun, I would say that the Globe is proven.

If you really look into the matter the Southern Hemisphere has the almost the same daylight hour patterns as the Northern Hemisphere, just shifted six months.

For example Dublin, Ireland at Lat 53.3498° N has almost exactly the same daylight hours and sun elevations on Dec 21, 2015 as Punta Arenas, Chile at Lat 53.1638° S does on Jun 21, 2016.
I know these are not Arctic or Antarctic, but Punta Arenas, Chile is the most southern town.
I could have used Longyearbyen, Norway at Lat 78.2232° N, and Byrd Memorial, McMurdo, Antarctica at Lat 77.8478° S with similarly almost identical times and angles, but you might claim that the Storm Troopers would bet you at Byrd Memorial, McMurdo, Antarctica!

You ask "Exactly why does nobody know why the magnetic south pole shifts so much and the north does not?" Who says "nobody knows"? I don't, so what?
The fact is that the location of the south magnetic pole in 2007 was 64.497° S, 137.684° E. Where it wanders to is not my problem and certainly no evidence of a flat earth!

There is plenty of evidence of North-South circumnavigations via BOTH Poles.
It HAS been done a couple of times, via both poles. These for a start:

Quote from: Guiness Book of Records
First Circumnavigation via both Poles by Aircraft
Captain Elgen M. Long achieved the first circum-polar flight in a twin-engined Piper PA-31 Navajo from 5 November to 3 December 1971. He covered 62,597 km (38,896 miles) in 215 flying hours.
from: First Circumnavigation via both Poles by Aircraft, Guiness Book of Records

Quote from: NY Times
Charles Burton 59 a Pole-to-Pole Explorer
Charles Burton, a British explorer who took part in the first expedition to circumnavigate the globe from pole to pole, died on Monday at his family home in the English village of Framfield in Sussex. He was 59 and had suffered a heart attack, said his brother, Richard.
from: Charles Burton 59 a Pole-to-Pole Explorer, NY Times

If you decide to ignore the evidence, again that's your problem, not mine!

Believe it if you like, but your disbelief changes nothing.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »
"Norwegian explorer's arrest in Chile"

Let us not forget the tragic murders of Scott and Marks.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

N30

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
"You ask "Exactly why does nobody know why the magnetic south pole shifts so much and the north does not?" Who says "nobody knows"? I don't, so what?
The fact is that the location of the south magnetic pole in 2007 was 64.497° S, 137.684° E. Where it wanders to is not my problem and certainly no evidence of a flat earth!" - Rabinoz

Well, I did not realize you blindly believe in things, just as you accuse those who believe in a flat Earth of doing.
As long as the pole does not wander over your house; I imagine it might be your problem then.
Keep in mind you state ALMOST, NEAR or CLOSE to the poles to prove your point, which I find invalid.
Examine a flat Earth map and one finds the locations stated would indeed receive light simultaneously.

Using "facts" about a pole that you cannot prove exists, or explain its functions, is illogical.
Please note, the poles DO NOT receive six months of darkness OR light.

"Certain astronomical myths die hard. One of these is that the entire Arctic region experiences six months of daylight and six months of darkness."
"This fallacy is repeated in innumerable geography textbooks, as well as travel articles and guides"

Above quoted text is taken from: http://www.livescience.com/32814-arctic-daylight-darkness-myth-equinox.html

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:37 PM »
"You ask "Exactly why does nobody know why the magnetic south pole shifts so much and the north does not?" Who says "nobody knows"? I don't, so what?
The fact is that the location of the south magnetic pole in 2007 was 64.497° S, 137.684° E. Where it wanders to is not my problem and certainly no evidence of a flat earth!" - Rabinoz

Well, I did not realize you blindly believe in things, just as you accuse those who believe in a flat Earth of doing.
As long as the pole does not wander over your house; I imagine it might be your problem then.
Keep in mind you state ALMOST, NEAR or CLOSE to the poles to prove your point, which I find invalid.
Examine a flat Earth map and one finds the locations stated would indeed receive light simultaneously.

Using "facts" about a pole that you cannot prove exists, or explain its functions, is illogical.

"Certain astronomical myths die hard. One of these is that the entire Arctic region experiences six months of daylight and six months of darkness."
"This fallacy is repeated in innumerable geography textbooks, as well as travel articles and guides"

Above quoted text is taken from: http://www.livescience.com/32814-arctic-daylight-darkness-myth-equinox.html

"the poles" does not have the same meaning as "the entire arctic region"

Who cares if the poles do not receive 6 months of darkness??

24 hours of sunlight is impossible on a flat earth in Antarctica.

>>Well, you do realize the midnight sun is a time relative occurrence, easily explained by location skew

Typing that makes it sound like you are mentally ill.   Wake up!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:26:59 PM by Aliveandkicking »

N30

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »
Well is it not true that there are different times around the globe, yet simultaneously?
And last I looked "midnight" relates to a time, corresponding to the cycles of day.
If one assumes they are on a globe when in reality they are on a plane,
Then ones concept of time zones would change.

There fore what I meant to say was a skewing of ones perception of location.

Having 24 hours of light in "Antarctica" is definitely possible on an flat model.
Actually it corresponds directly with the dates already specified for the globular model.
To put it simply, the sun is circling on a path around the known equator that is enlarging and shrinking in diameter.
So theres that.

Try to explain why the southern pole shifts more than the north. Or why they move at all.
Really, whats more confusing, is why it has had no effect on navigation.
Ultimately, if one chooses to ponder these questions, one realizes that a singular pole makes more sense.
Exactly why, if the poles are both magnetic, do compasses only point north?

Last I looked, magnets do not work like that.
If a compass is just a suspended magnetized metallic object then it should at some location, point to south.
Each pole is said to emit its own electromagnetic field, the north, a negative field, and the south is positive.
So there should be somewhere on Earth that a compass can point south.

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
Well is it not true that there are different times around the globe, yet simultaneously?
And last I looked "midnight" relates to a time, corresponding to the cycles of day.
If one assumes they are on a globe when in reality they are on a plane,
Then ones concept of time zones would change.

There fore what I meant to say was a skewing of ones perception of location.

Having 24 hours of light in "Antarctica" is definitely possible on an flat model.
Actually it corresponds directly with the dates already specified for the globular model.
To put it simply, the sun is circling on a path around the known equator that is enlarging and shrinking in diameter.
So theres that.

Try to explain why the southern pole shifts more than the north. Or why they move at all.
Ultimately, if one chooses to ponder these questions, one realizes that a singular pole makes more sense.
Exactly why, if the poles are both magnetic, do compasses only point north?

Last I looked, magnets do not work like that.
If a compass is just a suspended magnetized metallic object then it should at some location, point to south.
Each pole is said to emit its own electromagnetic field, the north, a negative field, and the south is positive.
So there should be somewhere on Earth that a compass can point south.

>>Having 24 hours of light in "Antarctica" is definitely possible on an flat model.

Only if the current shit for brains flat Earth solar model is wrong, which of course it must be if you can see the sun rise and sun set in the south in the southern hemisphere in southern australia and new zealand in summer.

For heavens sake use the brains you were born with.

?

zork

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 11:29:59 PM »
  Try to find a magnet with a only one pole. If you can find one then we can consider singular pole version. And how do you know that southern pole shifts? Try to be consistent. If there is no Antarctica and south pole then south pole can't shift. If you accept that south pole shifts then there is south pole and maybe even Antarctica. Yuo really are confusing.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

N30

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 11:55:02 PM »
I did not mean that a singular pole meant only one magnetic polarity.
Actually, if the north pole had both positive and negative polarities, our compasses would still point north.
Making the need for a south pole obsolete on a FE model.
Nevertheless, one must believe what they must.
Entertain whichever reality you choose.
Oh, and I only stated that the south pole shifts to make a point of how ludicrous the globe model has become.

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 12:02:06 AM »
Entertain whichever reality you choose.
Oh, and I only stated that the south pole shifts to make a point of how ludicrous the globe model has become.

We chose a reality based on evidence.  You chose one based on what you believe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 12:30:43 AM »

Not on any Flat Earth map I have seen! Mind you whenever we claim something about the Flat Earth map jroa or someone else pipes up and says "but there is no official Flat Earth Map!"

So please show me your Flat Earth map and if you bothered reading what I said it was
If you really look into the matter the Southern Hemisphere has the almost the same daylight hour patterns as the Northern Hemisphere, just shifted six months.

For example Dublin, Ireland at Lat 53.3498° N has almost exactly the same daylight hours and sun elevations on Dec 21, 2015 as Punta Arenas, Chile at Lat 53.1638° S does on Jun 21, 2016.
??? I said that and it is true, but actually what I meant (yes, we all make mistakes) to say ??? was:
For example Dublin, Ireland at Lat 53.3498° N has almost exactly the same daylight hours and sun elevations on Jun 21, 2016 as Punta Arenas, Chile at Lat 53.1638° S does on Dec 21, 2015.

The daylight hours
in Dublin on Jun 21, 2016 were 17 hrs 00 mins and
in Punta Arenas  on Dec 21, 2015 were 16 hrs 58 mins.

I know these are not Arctic or Antarctic, but Punta Arenas, Chile is the almost the most southern town.
I could have used Longyearbyen, Norway at Lat 78.2232° N, and Byrd Memorial, McMurdo, Antarctica at Lat 77.8478° S with similarly almost identical times and angles, but you might claim that the  ;D Storm Troopers would get you at Byrd Memorial, McMurdo, Antarctica  ;D!
Quote from: N30

Please note, you are wrong! Both poles receive six months of darkness and six months light. Ask anyone that has been to either!

Your quote says "Certain astronomical myths die hard. One of these is that the entire Arctic region experiences six months of daylight and six months of darkness."
This is quite true, but it says that the fallacy is "the entire Arctic region experiences six months of daylight and six months of darkness", noy that the poles themselves do not get "six months of daylight and six months of darkness".

You really should learn to understand what you read! Only the Poles themselves (and a very small region around the poles) gets the full "treatment" of "six months of daylight and six months of darkness".

You do see the problem with blindly following what you read. You need to evaluate what you read.

The rest of the polar regions gets a progressively shorter period of continuous daylight or night, till on the Arctic and Antarctic Circles there is just one day of "proper" 24 hour daylight or darkness, though a couple of days either side of the of the Solstices it is "close enough".

If you want another little "snippet" of information. On each equinox, both poles get 24 hour daylight.

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 12:36:11 AM »
Dude, 'never mentioned again' is nonsense.  A quick Google search for "Antarctica natural resources" found at least one page listing all those resources and more, nobody's keeping it secret.

Guess they should have taken the easier option and kept its existence a secret, seeing how all southern ocean explorers must be in on The Conspiracy anyway.  (I say this because if they were not in on the scam, they would all have gotten hopelessly lost trying to navigate the southern hemisphere using round earth assumptions.  They did not get lost, ergo they must know the true shape of the world)

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 12:51:20 AM »
Please note, you are wrong! Both poles receive six months of darkness and six months light. Ask anyone that has been to either!

In Antarctica astronomical twilight begins at the beginning of August, then comes nautical twilight,     Civil twilight lasts 10 days before the Sun finally appears.    So at the moment we must be in nautical twilight which is fairly light.  Sunrise is presumably at equinox?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:53:18 AM by Aliveandkicking »

?

zork

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:01 AM »
I did not mean that a singular pole meant only one magnetic polarity.
Does not make difference. In my knowledge its impossible to have magnet with only one magnetic polarity. But if you can demonstrate somehow otherwise  then we can talk your theory further.

Why is this ludicrous? Magnetic field isn't something that is etched in place like graving in the rock. What exactly is your reason thinking that magnetic field of sphere can't move in any way?
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

N30

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 01:42:06 AM »

"Computer simulation of the Earth's field in a period of normal polarity between reversals. The lines represent magnetic field lines, blue when the field points towards the center and yellow when away. The rotation axis of the Earth is centered and vertical. The dense clusters of lines are within the Earth's core."

Image and quote from the following link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_magnetic_field

Why does the equator, where the polarities meet, not have an affect on navigation?
As I look at this model, a compass should have issues discerning direction near the equator
Kindly explain why this is not the case.
In reality, everything I know about magnets goes against this.
None of the "scientific" information about the geomagnetism of Earth has any continuity.
Give this quote a thought and realize its utter malarky in regard to a geomagnetic globe model.

"If you were to take a compass and stand just over either the north or the south magnetic pole, you would see the compass spin freely. From the south pole, every direction is north and from the north pole, there is no north."

Quoted from http://starryskies.com/Artshtml/dln/8-97/compass.html

Equally confusing is this teachers guide. Why not simply tilt the compass?

http://www.earthlearningidea.com/PDF/197_Compass.pdf

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 01:49:52 AM »
Why does the equator, where the polarities meet, not have an affect on navigation?

Because the compass needle aligns with the magnetic field lines.

Look at this:

See the iron filings? They follow the magnetic field lines that go from pole to pole. There is no interruption in the lines formed in the filings. They line up with the field lines.

And so does a compass. The lines stretch all the way from pole to pole. They are not interrupted.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 01:52:37 AM »

"Computer simulation of the Earth's field in a period of normal polarity between reversals. The lines represent magnetic field lines, blue when the field points towards the center and yellow when away. The rotation axis of the Earth is centered and vertical. The dense clusters of lines are within the Earth's core."

Image and quote from the following link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_magnetic_field

As I look at this model, a compass should have issues discerning direction near the equator
Kindly explain why this is not the case.
In reality, everything I know about magnets goes against this.
None of the "scientific" information about the geomagnetism of Earth has any continuity.
Give this quote a thought and realize its utter malarky in regard to a geomagnetic globe model.

"If you were to take a compass and stand just over either the north or the south magnetic pole, you would see the compass spin freely. From the south pole, every direction is north and from the north pole, there is no north."

Quoted from http://starryskies.com/Artshtml/dln/8-97/compass.html

Equally confusing is this teachers guide. Why not simply tilt the compass?

http://www.earthlearningidea.com/PDF/197_Compass.pdf

In order we can answer your questions about Antarctica please be polite and create separate threads for your other questions.

It is evident you are not thinking about the topics you are answering questions on.

>>None of the "scientific" information about the geomagnetism of Earth has any continuity.

Just think about it.  If you cannot understand it create another thread please.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:57:13 AM by Aliveandkicking »

?

zork

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2016, 02:10:53 AM »

Its a picture about computer simulation and it does not illustrate the current state but state throughout 40 000 years as stated in section Causes

-