Answered Questions

• 19 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Answered Questions
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:08:57 PM »
Round earthers know the Flat Earth explanations for satellites, space travel, the seasons... Any who can read would know further the DE answers for circumpolar stars, the coriolis force, and the evidence for the model.
They know universal acceleration is laughed at by most flat earthers and only the trolls adhere to it, and they know denpressure is believed in by the tiniest handful.
They know many flat earthers are not religious, they know that many models have more than one pole, they know flat earthers can and do answer all their questions, and they presumably know how to read a sig and click a link to learn a working model. They know as well how to click search.

Why is it, after all that, they feel the need to repeat the same exact questions over and over again?

If you didn't like the answer the first time, you're not going to like it the second time. Are you just going to repeat it until we get sick of answering, and claim victory? I've lost count of how many times I've seen that.
If you didn't understand the answer, repeating the question isn't going to help, you'll need to clarify.
Or maybe you're just here to waste time and you don't actually read the answers you're given, as I have observed many times. In which case, leave.

The funny thing is, round earthers have had all their questions and objections met and answered, and any objective review of the situation will see that. It doesn't happen in every thread because we have lives, we aren't at your beck and call to repeat long explanations at your whim, but a little research will find the answers. The only thing that make sit trickier is round earthers who repeat the questions without searching, or who bring up irrelevant topics in irrelevant threads and mess up any attempt to search.
But all the answers are there, and any round earthers who have been here any length of time will have seen them. Do they repeat those answers, for the benefit of those who asked the question? Or do they lie about it and pretend no flat earther has every considered the issue?
I'll give you one guess.

Your questions are answered.
Take the next step and actually try to learn Flat Earth Theory.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Answered Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »
Did you teleport to the Starship Enterprise?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

zork

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »

Maybe the other things have been answered but at least no one has yet to drawn a picture or just visualization how sunlight moves at the sunset. Or if it is done then you can link me to the thread. Or explained why ship wake don't converge to the point at horizon as it should on flat plane. Or mapped sunlight correctly to the flat earth map. Or built actual physical and correctly working FE model. Or...
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »
Round earthers know the Flat Earth explanations for satellites, space travel, the seasons... Any who can read would know further the DE answers for circumpolar stars, the coriolis force, and the evidence for the model.

Overwhelming evidence. Mountains and mountains of literally irrefutable evidence. This bit is crucial to answer your 'question': the irrefutable evidence bit.

They know universal acceleration is laughed at by most flat earthers and only the trolls adhere to it, and they know denpressure is believed in by the tiniest handful.

No flat earthers step in to those threads to refute claims of denpressure or UA to offer a better alternative.

They know many flat earthers are not religious, they know that many models have more than one pole, they know flat earthers can and do answer all their questions, and they presumably know how to read a sig and click a link to learn a working model. They know as well how to click search.

There are no working models for a flat earth.

Why is it, after all that, they feel the need to repeat the same exact questions over and over again?

Because despite the evidence for the fact the Earth being round, and despite the fact that all Flat Earth models have huge holes, some people still insist the Earth is flat and refuse to acknowledge that there are holes in their ideas.

If you didn't like the answer the first time, you're not going to like it the second time. Are you just going to repeat it until we get sick of answering, and claim victory? I've lost count of how many times I've seen that.

Odd, that the moment that a flat earther gets 'sick of answering' is usually the exact moment he can't actually get out of the holes he dug for himself by defending the indefensible.

If you didn't understand the answer, repeating the question isn't going to help, you'll need to clarify.

An accurate statement. Irrelevant, but accurate.

Or maybe you're just here to waste time and you don't actually read the answers you're given,

Have you ever seen a flat earther 'ask a question' to which he wanted to hear the answer if it did not confirm the beliefs he already held in his head?

as I have observed many times. In which case, leave.

Who died and made you bouncer?

The funny thing is, round earthers have had all their questions and objections met and answered, and any objective review of the situation will see that.

I don't think you know what 'objective' means. Or 'answered'. Or 'funny'.

It doesn't happen in every thread because we have lives, we aren't at your beck and call to repeat long explanations at your whim, but a little research will find the answers.

All research shows the Earth is round. All of it. ALL of it.

The only thing that make sit trickier is round earthers who repeat the questions without searching, or who bring up irrelevant topics in irrelevant threads and mess up any attempt to search.

Go do a forum search on any of the objections raised against FE: the discussion always ends with the flat earthers either derailing the discussion or leaving outright. Nothing is ever settled. Nothing is ever answered. And every thread, a flat earther wil say 'do a forum search' which shows that the pattern actually is perpetual. It seems that in the flat earther's mind, having discussed something is the same as having proven and explained it.

But all the answers are there, and any round earthers who have been here any length of time will have seen them.

Even your FAQ contradicts itself and is far from complete. And if you have all the answers (implying you have evidence that the Earth is flat), be my guest: submit your findings to a peer reviewed scientific journal.

Do they repeat those answers, for the benefit of those who asked the question? Or do they lie about it and pretend no flat earther has every considered the issue?

That makes no sense.

I'll give you one guess.

5?

Ahhh so close.

And: no. Not all questions are answered. The main question being: how can you think the Earth is flat when there is OVERWHELMING evidence it isn't?

You don't know what the word 'theory' means. Do some research.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
Oh dear. JRowe thinks his wall of rambling, incoherent text constitutes a working FE model! You can see just how much attention this working model is receiving; so many threads and so many discussions going on all at once! Oh wait..

Don't worry though, the answer to all of the objections raised about his model is aether. So, I'll give it you, JRowe: when you say you've answered our questions, you aren't wrong. It's just a shame it's all meaningless gibberish with no basis in the real world. When you get back from planet Vulcan where people instantaneously teleport from one flat disc, travel past the sun, stars and moon, and end up on the other flat disc without noticing anything fantastic just happened, tell us what it feels like to live on an oblate spheroid again. Does it feel any different?

Honest question: How many other people are convinced about your DEH?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 04:26:57 AM »
Oh dear. JRowe thinks his wall of rambling, incoherent text constitutes a working FE model! You can see just how much attention this working model is receiving; so many threads and so many discussions going on all at once! Oh wait..

Don't worry though, the answer to all of the objections raised about his model is aether. So, I'll give it you, JRowe: when you say you've answered our questions, you aren't wrong. It's just a shame it's all meaningless gibberish with no basis in the real world. When you get back from planet Vulcan where people instantaneously teleport from one flat disc, travel past the sun, stars and moon, and end up on the other flat disc without noticing anything fantastic just happened, tell us what it feels like to live on an oblate spheroid again. Does it feel any different?

FIRST, READ THE FKING MODEL!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 04:35:21 AM »

FIRST, READ THE FKING MODEL!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!

So far you have not said anything.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

SpJunk

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 05:58:35 AM »

Or maybe you're just here to waste time and you don't actually read the answers you're given, as I have observed many times. In which case, leave.

The funny thing is, round earthers have had all their questions and objections met and answered, and any objective review of the situation will see that. It doesn't happen in every thread because we have lives, we aren't at your beck and call to repeat long explanations at your whim, but a little research will find the answers. The only thing that make sit trickier is round earthers who repeat the questions without searching, or who bring up irrelevant topics in irrelevant threads and mess up any attempt to search.
But all the answers are there, and any round earthers who have been here any length of time will have seen them. Do they repeat those answers, for the benefit of those who asked the question? Or do they lie about it and pretend no flat earther has every considered the issue?
I'll give you one guess.

I tried to learn Flat Earth Theory, but it is inconsistent and real life observations contradict it.
If real life is wrong, then FET must be right.

I measured distance to the Moon myself.
FET claims I didn't.

I see shadows of horizon during sunset crawling mountains and tall buildings upward.
Shadow of horizon crawl downward during sunrise.
FET claims there are no shadows of horizon because Sun is still 3000 miles above the ground.
(We are "brainwashed" to see it, it doesn't exist.)

Was it really 3000 miles? We tried to measure and calculate, and Flat Earth Model
offers change in Sun's height from zero to over 4000 miles.
The Sun's height is dependent on observer's latitude.

When we were calculating circumference of Tropic of Capricorn, we've shown it is less than Equator.
Nobody answered how circle with smaller circumference fits around circle with bigger one.

Everyone is trying to give different answer why South Celestial Pole has different stars to rotate around it in different direction.

Nobody is answering how 6250 miles from pole to equator fit as radius of 25000 miles long circle of equator's circumference.
Or why in that case equator isn't 40 000 miles.

All answers about FET are full of discrepancies, and we have to ask same questions again and again,
hoping that some day we will get some consistent answers.

With those types of answers, would you stop asking?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »
I posted some questions in your DET thread that are unanswered so far.  Unless I missed it.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »

"evidence"
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »
Jrowe.

I have asked this question multiple times on this site and I haven't gotten even 1 answer.

Can you predict when the next solar eclipse will be visible using your model?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »
A lot of bullshit whinging, repeated nonsense, and next to no meaningful posts. About what I expected.

Crutonius, I don't know what question you're talking about. By the typical level of discourse on this thread, you can see why I am less active on this forum. If you want an answer, send a PM or post it on my forum (no account needed), both those ways i'll definitely see it.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:14 PM »
Oh, and of course, spjunk openly lying about the contents of the Dual Earth model. I wonder why it is no round earther corrected him?
Ah, right. See OP.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »

I would imagine none are convinced. After all, it is a contradictory, idiotic model that has 'ether' as the answer to all problems. Replace that word with 'magic' and the answer is exactly the same. The world of Harry Potter is quite logical as long as you consider magic to be real.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
Oh, and of course, spjunk openly lying about the contents of the Dual Earth model. I wonder why it is no round earther corrected him?
Ah, right. See OP.
He never said that it was your DE model in particular that he was talking about.  Rather, he was talking about FET in general and how you aren't the only FE'er who can't provide reasonable answers to even the most basic of questions.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

SpJunk

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »
Ah, right. See OP.

What was I "lying about DET", while talking about FET?
It is like saying "your talk about condor is direct lie about penguin".

In the original post you are saying "Flat Earth Theory".

"Dual Earth Theory" is something else.
It looks like coin on which people living at equator have no idea if
they are up or down when move ten steps forth and back.

And DET still doesn't explain:

How 10 000 kilometer radius from pole to equator
fits in 40 000 kilometers of circumference of equator.

How the "coin" doesn't collapse under own weight.

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

Globetrotter

• Open-minded: receptive to arguments or ideas
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »
 JRoweSkeptic is best in monologues, eventually talking to the mirror, at least according to his site.
"If you insist it is a spinning globe, then why are you here?" - Simple. To counter the misinformation you are spreading to uneducated, and gullible people. It is the duty of every thinking person to oppose those who would spread lies.

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:25 AM »
JRoweSkeptic is best in monologues, eventually talking to the mirror, at least according to his site.

He has a website?

SpJunk

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 05:50:04 AM »

He has a website?

He does.
The link is in his signature.
He tries to bring people there, that's why he's here.

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:30 AM »
Well, even if you can habdwave your server to marmot match nperfectly with observation, you are being your entire theory on something that cannot be proven. Tuerefore ockhams razor ruins it.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.