Basics of FE "model" debunked in under 4min

• 18 Replies
Basics of FE "model" debunked in under 4min
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:07:26 AM »
The following 3m22s video shows a visualisation of FE "model".

Worth watching, as it clearly shows how ridiculous the Sun, the Moon and star motion are under FE assumptions. Even though FE tries explaining them, it's just handwaving.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Basics of FE "model" debunked in under 4min
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:39:22 AM »
Awesome animation!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:52:03 AM »
Awesome animation!

And a perfect demonstration of why FE is impossible.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
Just for the record, it's not mine. It was made by the other guy with good animating skills. I've found that video by an accident.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Let me ask you this. if the sun were so big and bright shining light through space when the earth would rotate and it would be night time for us why whenever we look in to the sky we do not see light in space from the sun shining? If it was the way they say it is then space around us would always be lit up and we would only be in the shadow of the earth when it would be facing away and we would still see light around the shadow. I don't think the sun would be so bright but yet it only shines on a little piece of the earth at a time and no where else. It's like a light in your room turn it on and the whole room is lit up.
I DIDNT MAKE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH 3RD GRADE FOR NOTHING!!

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:45:21 AM »
And another thing, if the sun was so big and bright and so much closer than the stars in reality we should never be able to see stars at anytime because everywhere around us would be lit from the sun

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »
Let me ask you this. if the sun were so big and bright shining light through space when the earth would rotate and it would be night time for us why whenever we look in to the sky we do not see light in space from the sun shining? If it was the way they say it is then space around us would always be lit up and we would only be in the shadow of the earth when it would be facing away and we would still see light around the shadow.

Why would we still see the Sun's light? Are you describing something like how light leaving a flashlight becomes fully visible when there's dust or fog in the air? Space is a vacuum, light is only reflected from matter.

I don't think the sun would be so bright but yet it only shines on a little piece of the earth at a time and no where else.

A little piece of the Earth? Try HALF of it at a time.

And another thing, if the sun was so big and bright and so much closer than the stars in reality we should never be able to see stars at anytime because everywhere around us would be lit from the sun

Wrong. Light is not reflected from the vacuum(itself) of space. Also, the Sun in your model is equally bright, no? (Or at least relatively speaking.) And much, much, closer. Indeed, why ARE stars visible in your model if this problem really exists?
"Good! You should feel embarrassed! You deserve to be laughed at, because your brand of stupidity is dangerous." - potholer54

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
so you saying that the sun only works if the light it produces has something to reflect off of? because to me it looks like light coming from the sun not bouncing off the earth

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
No. Light will continue in a straight line unless it bounces off of something.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
so you saying that the sun only works if the light it produces has something to reflect off of?

Well, of course the Sun works, that is; generates energy through fusion, regardless. The light it produced is made visible to us only by interacting with matter, like your eyes, the surface of the Moon, the atmosphere, etc. You'll never "see" a light beam traveling through the vacuum of space.

because to me it looks like light coming from the sun not bouncing off the earth

Fun fact, it's both. The light indeed comes from the Sun, but what you see around you is the result of light being reflected onto your retinas, and then processed by the brain. That's the only way "sight" works or has ever worked.

Some similar discussion here: https://www.quora.com/Is-sunlight-visible-in-outer-space
"Good! You should feel embarrassed! You deserve to be laughed at, because your brand of stupidity is dangerous." - potholer54

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:16 AM »
This really blows my mind! I should not have quit in the fourth grade.

Omega

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
so you saying that the sun only works if the light it produces has something to reflect off of? because to me it looks like light coming from the sun not bouncing off the earth

If you sit in a complete darkness and a ray of light is shot past your eyes without it hitting anything you can't see the ray of light. You won't see any of it until photons actually hit your eye.

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
It's also worth adding that; while you're completely wrong to think night would be impossible because of reflected sunlight, that IS the reason why the sky remains partially lit for at least a little while, even after the Sun sets entirely below the horizon.

By the way, does FE offer any explanation as to why the sky turns orange-red during sunrise and sunset?

Omega

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »
It's also worth adding that; while you're completely wrong to think night would be impossible because of reflected sunlight, that IS the reason why the sky remains partially lit for at least a little while, even after the Sun sets entirely below the horizon.

By the way, does FE offer any explanation as to why the sky turns orange-red during sunrise and sunset?

Magiiiiiic....

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 03:08:12 PM »
Nice video. The guy for sure had been around on this forum. Many of his illustrations are our tries to debunk FET.
Respect!

WHOHASTHETRUTH, I'm sorry, are you really that retarded or troll?
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
Nice video. The guy for sure had been around on this forum. Many of his illustrations are our tries to debunk FET.
Respect!

WHOHASTHETRUTH, I'm sorry, are you really that retarded or troll?

I guess WETARTED

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 03:54:52 PM »
Devastating.  I think this might be the best FE debunking video I've seen yet.  It's definitely the most entertaining. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Omega

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 05:17:11 AM »
So, another nail to the coffin?

I'd say the coffin is nailed shut, put in the ground, and the only think left of the rotting corpse of the flat earth notion is the stench which occasionally rises from the grave and permeates this forum.