earths gravity pulling the moon around

• 75 Replies

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
earths gravity pulling the moon around
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
if the earths gravity is pulling the moon around and around us how can the moon have any pull on us like moving the seas,surely thats reverse gravity and if gravity is true there couldnt be no such thing because 2 gravitys would be fighting eachother and the moon is much smaller than earth,im new to this but it dont take a scientist to work this out its common sence
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:49:11 PM by -leigh- »
run by the 33rd scottish rite freemasons

Re: earths gravity pulling the moon around
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
It's not reverse gravity, just regular gravity. The moon pulls on the earth just as the earth pulls on the moon. I'm not sure what you're having trouble with here.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:19:56 PM »
It's not reverse gravity, just regular gravity. The moon pulls on the earth just as the earth pulls on the moon. I'm not sure what you're having trouble with here.
how can a small moons gravity have any sort of pull on a large earth when its the earths gravity pulling it around,its impossible,2 gravitys cant fight eachother,im not having trouble at all i think maybe you are

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
First of all, the moon is anything but small. It is the largest moon in our solar system when compared to the size of the planet.

Secondly, the Earth's gravity isn't "fighting" the gravity of the moon. They work together.

How do you know these 2 fields cannot exist together?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:27:32 PM by TheRealBillNye »

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »
First of all, the moon is anything but small. It is the largest moon in our solar system when compared to the size of the planet.

Secondly, the Earth's gravity isn't "fighting" the gravity of the moon. They work together.

How do you know these 2 fields cannot exist together?
its not a tug of war match,if you think about how much gravity it takes to pull a moon around us theres no way a smaller moon could pull back on us whilst the the big earths gravity is keeping it going,the moon would fall away

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 07:38:33 PM »
if the earths gravity is pulling the moon around and around us how can the moon have any pull on us like moving the seas,surely thats reverse gravity and if gravity is true there couldnt be no such thing because 2 gravitys would be fighting eachother and the moon is much smaller than earth,im new to this but it dont take a scientist to work this out its common sence
because of newton's third law. The earth pulls on the moon with 1.985E20Newtons of force, and the moon pulls on the earth with 1.985E20 Newtons
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »
because of newton's third law. The earth pulls on the moon with 1.985E20Newtons of force, and the moon pulls on the earth with 1.985E20 Newtons
yes his 3rd law if he new what he was talking about it would have been his first law wouldnt it

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
No. Because he already made a 1st law. If there were two first laws, everybody would get really confused.
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »
No. Because he already made a 1st law. If there were two first laws, everybody would get really confused.
ok then the earths gravity is so strong it holds the moon up and pulls it around us,thats right yeah,so if the moons gravity is pulling on us with the same force as newton said why does it only move our seas it would be doing alot more to earth than just moving our seas because with the same force our earth is keeping the moon where it is and dragging it around,so theres no way its equal gravity

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
I can't understand. Could you please reword that?
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 08:01:20 PM »
no just admit im right
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:11:19 PM by -leigh- »

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 08:09:50 PM »
no just admit im right
How can I say if you are right or wrong if I don't understand what you are saying? Please reword the question.
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 08:15:58 PM »
ok then the earths gravity is so strong it holds the moon up and pulls it around us,thats right yeah,so if the moons gravity is pulling on us with the same force as newton said why does it only move our seas it would be doing alot more to earth than just moving our seas because with the same force our earth is keeping the moon where it is and dragging it around,so theres no way its equal gravity
Do you understand how orbiting works?

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »
no just admit im right
How can I say if you are right or wrong if I don't understand what you are saying? Please reword the question.
you are going by what newton said,the earth pulls on the moon with the same force as the moon pulls on the earth yeah,if thats right why does the moon only move our seas whilst with the same force our earth is keeping the moon floating and dragging it around,2 of the same forces acting in 2 different ways its impossible,the moon would be pulling  the earth around it just like earth is pulling the moonbecause there the same force of gravity,does that make it any clearer or should i just give up

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 08:33:15 PM »
Because the mass of the earth is 81(ish) times as much as the mass of the moon. So the moon is accelerated (about) 81 times as much as the earth. And the earth's oceans alone have about twice as much mass as the moon, so the moon obviously has a greater effect on the oceans than the earth. If that's what you're asking.

The moon is pulling the earth around, but not nearly as much. See this animation for detail: (highly exaggerated)

Please give me ideas.

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
does that make it any clearer or should i just give up
Capitalization and punctuation would help.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 08:38:31 PM »

This post almost made reading through this garbage thread worthwhile...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »
does that make it any clearer or should i just give up
Capitalization and punctuation would help.
no not fussed at all with big words and all that im just trying to make my point but its me against loads of globers

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »

well im trying aint i

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »
Well actually we have a three body gravity problem your have a earth Moon that appears to be one body, orbiting the sun, then your have the Earth moon orbiting each other to the common center Of gravity of the two which is below the earth's surface and it is this common center of gravity that stays in line with the moon, that creates the tides. As the moon is the smaller body is the one having speed when formed after colliding with the earth, the speed has slowly increase to it's current speed and moving further out, as the earth has slowed it's spin. This is currently the most acceptable theory to the question.

fix my error i think i have it right now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:02:53 PM by MouseWalker »
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »
iv no need to fella its all nonsence and not even worth my time
So, you don't know how it works, nor do you want to learn how it works... Therefore it is wrong?

Such Logic...
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »
Well actually we have a three body gravity problem your have a earth Moon that appears to be one body, orbiting the sun, then your have the Earth moon orbiting each other to the common center Of gravity of the two which is below the earth's surface and it is this common center of gravity that stays in line with the moon, that creates the tides. As the moon is the smaller body is the one having speed when formed after colliding with the earth, the speed has slowly decreased to it's current speed. This is currently the most acceptable theory to the question.
my brains fryed even more now

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »
Well actually we have a three body gravity problem your have a earth Moon that appears to be one body, orbiting the sun, then your have the Earth moon orbiting each other to the common center Of gravity of the two which is below the earth's surface and it is this common center of gravity that stays in line with the moon, that creates the tides. As the moon is the smaller body is the one having speed when formed after colliding with the earth, the speed has slowly decreased to it's current speed. This is currently the most acceptable theory to the question.
my brains fryed even more now
I oops-ed  you will have to read it again.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
iv no need to fella its all nonsence and not even worth my time
So, you don't know how it works, nor do you want to learn how it works... Therefore it is wrong?

Such Logic...
im trying but getting bombarded sorry,

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »
oh. I apologize. I thought you were here to troll. If you really want to know how orbits work, I'll do my best. What questions do you have?
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »
oh. I apologize. I thought you were here to troll. If you really want to know how orbits work, I'll do my best. What questions do you have?
to troll haha dont trolls start swearing and getting nasty,thats not me at all sorry

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 09:30:02 PM »
Some trolls just feign ignorance forever. (example, Yendor, possibly Antithecyst)
Please give me ideas.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
Some trolls just feign ignorance forever. (example, Yendor, possibly Antithecyst)
can i just ask you this how do you know everything you say is right and have you ever thought maybe im wrong about a few things,iv got loads of things to talk about and why i think the earth is flat and thats from just what i see with my own eyes

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 09:46:25 PM »

and do you ask questions or do you know it all already,its people like you who put new comers off and you shouldnt be anywhere near this site
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:50:21 PM by -leigh- »

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »
can i just ask you this how do you know everything you say is right and have you ever thought maybe im wrong about a few things,iv got loads of things to talk about and why i think the earth is flat and thats from just what i see with my own eyes
I have learned calculus, and so I know how to derive (most) of the equations you find on a formula chart. The rest I can do experimentation to find that they always model what happens, so I have no reason to doubt them.
Please give me ideas.