why are stars blurred

• 47 Replies

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
Re: why are stars blurred
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 12:15:44 PM »
This is an interesting question, I will have to think about it!

Always be careful when doing something you're not used to!

You should probably stretch first in order to deter sports injuries.  .
lol
run by the 33rd scottish rite freemasons

?

zork

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »
If you want to know what you believe then ask from yourself not from others. And water... do you claim that you went up there and personally verified that there is water?  How?
I think maybe he is trying to say that he wants to know what FEers think is causing stars to twinkle.
I don't know, even when english isn't his first language he should understand difference between "I" and "you". He specifically asked - I want to know what I believe in(typos fixed).
 If I want to know what I believe in I sit down and think about it. Not ask it from arbitrary person(s) - hey, I want to know what I believe in. Tell me.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
why are stars always blurred when they twinkle no matter how good of a lense you use,is it because they are in the firmament and have water above them or all around them
Rather than use my poor words I'll give:
Quote from: Deborah Byrd in Science Wire
Why stars twinkle, but planets don’t
Stars and planets both shine steadily, when seen from outer space. But – from Earth – stars twinkle while planets (usually) don’t. Why?
Stars twinkle. Planets shine steadily. Why?

Stars twinkle because … they’re so far away from Earth that, even through large telescopes, they appear only as pinpoints. And it’s easy for Earth’s atmosphere to disturb the pinpoint light of a star. As a star’s light pierces our atmosphere, each single stream of starlight is refracted – caused to change direction, slightly – by the various temperature and density layers in Earth’s atmosphere. You might think of it as the light traveling a zig-zag path to our eyes, instead of the straight path the light would travel if Earth didn’t have an atmosphere.

Planets shine more steadily because … they’re closer to Earth and so appear not as pinpoints, but as tiny disks in our sky. You’d could see planets as disks if you looked through a telescope, while stars would remain pinpoints. The light from these little disks is also refracted by Earth’s atmosphere, as it travels toward our eyes. But – while the light from one edge of a planet’s disk might be forced to “zig” one way – light from the opposite edge of the disk might be “zagging” in an opposite way. The zigs and zags of light from a planetary disk cancel each other out, and that’s why planets appear to shine steadily.

Stars, or planets, twinkle more when you see them low in the sky.
That’s because then you’re seeing them through more atmosphere than when they are overhead.

You might see planets twinkling if you spot them low in the sky. That’s because, in the direction of any horizon, you’re looking through more atmosphere than when you look overhead.
no no,i asked is it because of the water above or behind them or the water all around them,i dont want to know what books tell you i want to know what i beleave in not what what your made to beleave is true

Maybe I need a refresher in online sarcasm but please tell you are not serious.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
no no,i asked is it because of the water above or behind them or the water all around them,i dont want to know what books tell you i want to know what i beleave in not what what your made to beleave is true
If you want to know what you believe then ask from yourself not from others. And water... do you claim that you went up there and personally verified that there is water?  How?

I think maybe he is trying to say that he wants to know what FEers think is causing stars to twinkle.

-leigh-

Flat Earthers who use the bible as evidence the earth is flat do say there is water above and below the firmament.
Genesis 1:7
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

I don't know if that is the reason they think the stars twinkle. I personally haven't seen any of them claim this, but I haven't read every post on this forum made by biblical FEers. I don't follow any of the FE youtube crowd, so I have no idea if any of them claim this as the reason the stars twinkle.

That would be the ice canopy theory. According to the theory a layer of ice existed before the flood above the atmosphere pressurizing it. This would explain the giant insects who would otherwise can't exist in our atmosphere.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
I don't know, even when english isn't his first language he should understand difference between "I" and "you". He specifically asked - I want to know what I believe in(typos fixed).
 If I want to know what I believe in I sit down and think about it. Not ask it from arbitrary person(s) - hey, I want to know what I believe in. Tell me.

I think he's part of a little invasion, anyway. There are a few noobs making silly threads today. We used to get invaded all the time, it was fun!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »

-leigh-

Flat Earthers who use the bible as evidence the earth is flat do say there is water above and below the firmament.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

I don't know if that is the reason they think the stars twinkle. I personally haven't seen any of them claim this, but I haven't read every post on this forum made by biblical FEers. I don't follow any of the FE youtube crowd, so I have no idea if any of them claim this as the reason the stars twinkle.

That would be the ice canopy theory. According to the theory a layer of ice existed before the flood above the atmosphere pressurizing it. This would explain the giant insects who would otherwise can't exist in our atmosphere.

Thanks Luke!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 01:12:28 AM »

-leigh-

Oh no... Not again... Why does the bible have to come up every time? Let's base theories on an ancient religious book that can't decide whether or not there were many languages before the tower of Babel and whether or not Abraham had one son! Yay!
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »
Father Abraham had many sons, many sons had father Abraham.

The bible came up because the OP asked about the water in the firmament causing the stars to twinkle. I guess there are lots of bible FEers on YouTube, so lots of noobs come here asking about bible stuff.

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »

-leigh-

Oh no... Not again... Why does the bible have to come up every time? Let's base theories on an ancient religious book that can't decide whether or not there were many languages before the tower of Babel and whether or not Abraham had one son! Yay!
What space cowgirl said. I just gave a clearer context. For the record I believe the canopy came down during the flood. Also I would like to challenge you on those supposed contradictions but that's not the subject of the thread. If you would like me to address those then either make a thread, ask me to make one, or PM me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 02:40:20 AM »

The bible came up because the OP asked about the water in the firmament causing the stars to twinkle. I guess there are lots of bible FEers on YouTube, so lots of noobs come here asking about bible stuff.

Oh, he had many sons, right? Well, guess what: in other points it is claimed that Isaac was his only son. Good job Bible.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 05:40:20 AM »

Oh, he had many sons, right? Well, guess what: in other points it is claimed that Isaac was his only son. Good job Bible.
I'm not religious, but:
https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/contradictions-my-two-sons/
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 06:22:46 AM »
I always interpreted "many sons" to mean all of Israel, because they are hisbdecendants.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

SpJunk

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
hang on a minute now you,i was asking people who understand what im talking about not people like you who just always assume everything they read in books is true or just take there answers from other people,bloody wobbly light beams and so on,i know theres water up there i was asking where exactly by is it,in the firmament with the stars or just outside the firmament because it could be either really

The closest star is 4.2 light years away. It is 2.47 x 1013 miles.
(Maybe there is water on some planet orbiting it, but it doesn't affect the star's appearance.)
Most of the "water up there" that we see are clouds, and they are above the ground for up to 4 miles.
So, water is much closer than stars, and when water is in line with star, the star can not be seen.

Stars twinkle and are blurred because of atmosphere, not because of water.

And if you want to know what you believe, then close your eyes, imagine it, and believe it.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »

I'm not religious, but:

Answers in Genesis is terrible, just terrible.

Anyway, I was referring to this song. I sang it lots of times when i was a little kid. I never took it to mean that Abraham had lots of sons (probably because the preacher explained it but I don't remember). I thought it meant that we were all Abraham's children.

Pezevenk

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 05:45:16 AM »

I'm not religious, but:

I had already read it before I posted. The first solution is plain wrong, as admitted later, and the second makes no sense and is plain ridiculous. Come on, it is claimed that Isaac was the only son because he was foreshadowing for Jesus? Does anyone believe this?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 05:51:36 AM »

I'm not religious, but:

Anyway, I was referring to this song. I sang it lots of times when i was a little kid. I never took it to mean that Abraham had lots of sons (probably because the preacher explained it but I don't remember). I thought it meant that we were all Abraham's children.

No, I am not talking about the song. In many parts of the Bible, numerous other ACTUAL sons of Abraham are referenced. In fact, Abraham supposedly had EIGHT sons with 3 different wives, the first being Ishmael, and only the second being Isaac!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »
I haven't read Genesis in detail, so I might have missed that.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2016, 10:30:19 AM »

I'm not religious, but:

No, I am not talking about the song. In many parts of the Bible, numerous other ACTUAL sons of Abraham are referenced. In fact, Abraham supposedly had EIGHT sons with 3 different wives, the first being Ishmael, and only the second being Isaac!

No, I was talking about the song. I know you weren't.  I know the bible has lots inconsistencies, it only really bothers the literalists (such as Answers in Genesis). Instead of arguing over the inconsistencies, they should just acknowledge them, acknowledge that the bible was authored by regular mistake making humans. They can still believe it was all divinely inspired, and chalk the errors up to the humans and not their god. If I were a religious person with any sort of power, I would think all this obsession over the literalness of the bible is a distraction from the message. As far as I'm aware of there are no commandments about believing every word in a much translated book to be completely accurate.