First Post and first Q from a Flat Earth "Possibilist still not a believer"

• 15 Replies
Hi guys,
first of all sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker.

Anyway, i find this FE  theory very interesting because it speaks about some doubt I always had since  i was very young

For example i always found SPACE PICTURES from SPACE pretty fake and in particoular way all that planets' pictures.
To me they always looked too much perfect and glamourous. I mean..i would expect some round lumpy peace of rock not al these perfect and super cool sphere.

Also I always had doubt on the fact that Venus was a Planet..beacuse when i was lookin at him it looked exactly like a star i didn't find the science explanation very reliable...
and so on with other things..you know what i'm talkin' about..aliens, pictures from mars , ufo , antartic ect ect too many strange things with no explanations.

We lived in a supertecnology world but we still don't have a real cam that show us the earthspinning live 24/7..only fake animation , elaboration, graphic ect ect

that's pretty strange

But Basically i start to doubt hardly on OFFICIAL SCIENCE about some YEARS AGO when they "discover" the  giant Squid.

When i was a Kid In the early '90  for my bithday i recieved a book based on OFFICIAL SCIENCE FACT. In that book they said that giant Squid was just a  myth, a sea-man legend.
And it was put in a book section with the Lochness Monster and with the Yeti describtions.

So i start to think..if they didn't know nothing  about a giant animal living on this planet but they pretended to tell everybody that it wasn't real , what about the other stuff outside our planet?
Are they playin' us around also on all that stuff?!

So I start to see things in a different way.  I'm not  here to say , now i'm always right, now i know everything. 
But  now I make questions. I make questions  to me and to others...and that's it the most important things for me.
For the rest i wake up everymorning  , go to work , with my passions my dreams like everyone of you. FLAT EARTH or ROUND GLOBE whatever it is =D

NOW i saw and i watched many video about FLAT EARTH and I've one just one question at the moment.   

IF THE EARTH IS FLAT why sometimes lookin at the horizon i see plane that looks like they were flyin in vertical mode while they obviusly they are not ?

Thanks

;D

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Re: First Post and first Q from a Flat Earth "Possibilist still not a believer"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »
Hi guys,
first of all sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker.

Anyway, i find this FE  theory very interesting because it speaks about some doubt I always had since  i was very young

For example i always found SPACE PICTURES from SPACE pretty fake and in particoular way all that planets' pictures.
To me they always looked too much perfect and glamourous. I mean..i would expect some round lumpy peace of rock not al these perfect and super cool sphere.

Also I always had doubt on the fact that Venus was a Planet..beacuse when i was lookin at him it looked exactly like a star i didn't find the science explanation very reliable...
and so on with other things..you know what i'm talkin' about..aliens, pictures from mars , ufo , antartic ect ect too many strange things with no explanations.

We lived in a supertecnology world but we still don't have a real cam that show us the earthspinning live 24/7..only fake animation , elaboration, graphic ect ect

that's pretty strange

But Basically i start to doubt hardly on OFFICIAL SCIENCE about some YEARS AGO when they "discover" the  giant Squid.

When i was a Kid In the early '90  for my bithday i recieved a book based on OFFICIAL SCIENCE FACT. In that book they said that giant Squid was just a  myth, a sea-man legend.
And it was put in a book section with the Lochness Monster and with the Yeti describtions.

So i start to think..if they didn't know nothing  about a giant animal living on this planet but they pretended to tell everybody that it wasn't real , what about the other stuff outside our planet?
Are they playin' us around also on all that stuff?!

So I start to see things in a different way.  I'm not  here to say , now i'm always right, now i know everything. 
But  now I make questions. I make questions  to me and to others...and that's it the most important things for me.
For the rest i wake up everymorning  , go to work , with my passions my dreams like everyone of you. FLAT EARTH or ROUND GLOBE whatever it is =D

NOW i saw and i watched many video about FLAT EARTH and I've one just one question at the moment.   

IF THE EARTH IS FLAT why sometimes lookin at the horizon i see plane that looks like they were flyin in vertical mode while they obviusly they are not ?

Thanks

;D

Welcome. 

I'm not sure what you mean by vertical mode.  Can you post a video?

As for the ocean, I think people overlook just how hostile an environment the deep ocean is.  I think it might actually be tougher to engineer equipment that can handle the ocean floor than it is to engineer equipment to handle space.  It makes sense to me that there's still a lot of things we haven't discovered in the ocean yet.  I'll have to read up on that.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
Take a look at Venus through a telescope, you will see that it has phases just like the moon. Also look at Saturn and Jupiter, as they are also clearly spheres.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

Kind of this picture.

I remember i saw a civil plane in this position far away..it thik it because of earth curve ..

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 02:14:47 PM »
Also look at Saturn and Jupiter, as they are also clearly spheres.
That doesn't help the OP, who finds it suspicious that planets are spheres.  I read the post to say s/he expects them to be 'lumpy' for some reason.  So here are some photos of celestial objects that are lumpy:

6km length Comet 67P (final resting place of the lost-and-found Philae lander)

22km diameter Phobos, moon of Mars:

213km diameter Phoebe, moon of Saturn:

396km diameter Mima, moon of Saturn:

525km diameter Dwarf planet Vesta:

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
Kind of this picture.

I remember i saw a civil plane in this position far away..it thik it because of earth curve ..
From that angle, there are 2 possibilities.  The plane is flying up or passing directly above the viewer's head. 

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 04:05:23 AM »

I'm just sayin that If they showed me a real picture like that i would have less doubt on NASA stuff

and again..in 2016 still waitin for a 24/7 space cam showin my earth spinning..it would be very interesting for everyone i think

They send rover to mars but we have picture of heart
just from a pretty far distance...(google it :  earth from mars) .. It's strange if we consider that they left from here!
They should have shown us thousand of pictures of earth from all the distances...

What i want to say is....Poeple be beconsistent , if you believe in perfect spheres'  picture and gravity It's ok but at least don't play around who believe in God because you're "science people"

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:18:02 AM by Ganesh »

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:14:41 AM »
and again..in 2016 still waitin for a 24/7 space cam showin my earth spinning..it would be very interesting for everyone i think
Low orbits are good for such a feed, but they are impractical.

The only good place for such a feed would be one of Lagrange points. L1, to be more specific. But it is 1.5m km away and due to technical issues I doubt it is possible to provide 24/7 feed. If however it was possible, I see no point in that. Why would you look at your screen for 1h just to see minimal rotation? You don't send a probe to the space just to provide 24/7 feed for no practical reason.

Instead, there's DSCOVR. It captured this, for instance:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:19:00 AM by Brouwer »

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »
They send rover to mars but we have picture of earth just from a pretty far distance...(google it :  earth from mars) .. It's strange if we consider that they left from here!
They should have shown us thousand of pictures of earth from all the distances...

Asked and answered, on another flat earth board:

are you telling me that in 2016 when nasa are sending buggies to mars and probes to the edge of our solar system.that they cant be bothered to turn the camera around and take a real full shot of earth..

Some probes actually have done what you suggest.  A lot of probes, in fact.  Messenger did it on its way to Mercury, as did JAXA on its way to Venus.  The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter have both done this from their final destinations.  Rosetta took Earth crescent photos on multiple gravity-assist passes of Earth on its way to the comet it observed (crescent because Rosetta was approaching Earth from higher orbit, which put it on the night side of the planet).  At least two Jupiter probes (Galileo and Juno) have taken Earth photos as they flew past us for gravity assist maneuvers.  Same for outer planet missions like Cassini (Saturn) and New Horizons (Pluto and Kuiper Belt Object 2014 MU69)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »
Did you even to find out what the diagram you presented actually shows?

You thought it looked a ridiculous shape so you thought to use it to ridicule the globe, but all you show is your own ignorance.

It shows the deviation in shape from the ideal "reference ellipsoid" in metres.

In other words with variations on only 100 m or so, it's extremely close to a perfect ellipsoid.

The source seems to be:
Quote from: Malcolm Sargeant
Written Oct 12, 2015
The earth varies from a sphere by only a small fraction 21 kilometres on a radius of 6371 kilometres on average or 0.3% the actual deviation from spherical varies greatly.
If you magnify this tiny variation by a large factor you get a shape which looks something like the picture below. It looks nothing like a potato or an egg.

From How would life on Earth been, if Earth's actual potato form was more like an egg?

?

Woody

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

I'm just sayin that If they showed me a real picture like that i would have less doubt on NASA stuff

just from a pretty far distance...(google it :  earth from mars) .. It's strange if we consider that they left from here!

What i want to say is....Poeple be beconsistent , if you believe in perfect spheres'  picture and gravity It's ok but at least don't play around who believe in God because you're "science people"

The problem is nobody is trying to prove the Earth rotates or is round.  It has been accepted and proven for a long time.  The only thing happening is refining the measurements as technology advances.

So why would they spend the time and resources on placing a satellite in orbit to just to prove it is rotating and round?  No one would get funding for it.   Then why even bother since anyone wanting something like this to prove the Earth is round would dismiss the feed as fake.  The ISS feed is a good example.

You demonstrate why you and others believe the Earth is flat very well by posting that picture.  You are ignorant of what it is showing and did not bother to research much further or even read a little.  If you did read it shows you have difficulty understanding.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
i've taken my decision.

We have thousand of sats and machine around the earth

We've been on Mars and many times on Moon  and in many other place in the space.

I want to see a real video of earth spinning  , not that crappin faking video  in 2d you keepin post.

A REAL VIDEO. With sounds , camera shaking, 3d images you know we're in 2016.

o some real pictures of our fat glob from various angle and distance..

Till that moment i will be a Flat Earth Believer!

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 01:10:24 PM »

The problem is nobody is trying to prove the Earth rotates or is round.  It has been accepted and proven for a long time.  The only thing happening is refining the measurements as technology advances.

So why would they spend the time and resources on placing a satellite in orbit to just to prove it is rotating and round?  No one would get funding for it.   Then why even bother since anyone wanting something like this to prove the Earth is round would dismiss the feed as fake.  The ISS feed is a good example.

You demonstrate why you and others believe the Earth is flat very well by posting that picture.  You are ignorant of what it is showing and did not bother to research much further or even read a little.  If you did read it shows you have difficulty understanding.

Ok but just for a moment. Don't talk about globe or flat.
Let's discuss about this.
Do you think it's normal after all these years..after all this super new technoly we have.

That we still don't have a CLEAR and REAL (maybe in HD) video of our whole world from the space?

Why you don't even think it's a little strange. Because It is.

We can say that they wanna hide alien spaceship  or something else..we can "not talkin about flat earth"

but that's it's strange

N30

• I can only show you the door.

?

frenat

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 02:07:08 PM »

Why are the clouds not moving?
They are.  you have to concentrate on small details to see it but they do move.  You won't easily see it in the large systems

SpJunk

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »

Why are the clouds not moving?

How far would you expect them to move in 4-5 hours?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.