No Forests on the Flat Earth RESPONSE (Kent Hovind & the Pre-Flood World) Giant

• 18 Replies

JacobLaw

• Sanctify them through thy truth

Interesting video and causes you to think a bit.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Not only does it cause you to think, it was one of the first videos that began convincing me FET is real. It was after this video that I began researching more on FET.
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

JacobLaw

Not only does it cause you to think, it was one of the first videos that began convincing me FET is real. It was after this video that I began researching more on FET.

Great, keep seeking and you will find more and more that confirms the truth.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Is Kent Hovind already out of prison?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
Columnar basalt is really trees?

No.

Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

JacobLaw

JacobLaw

Interesting video, thanks for sharing.

JacobLaw

Interesting video, thanks for sharing.

You are welcome; it really does make you think

Pictures ripped off google, references and footage from sci-fi movies and lectures from religiously motivated speakers.....(warning bells anyone?)

It is just a short YouTube video comparison of trees against gigantic, volcanic structures. I don't think the YouTube channel "scrawny2brawny" is in any way credible or backed up by anything other than an imagination based on fiction.

Ask yourself this simple question - what is a rock? If you can't answer that (off the top of your head), then it should give you an indication on how prepared you are to make an educated decision on the subject of "ancient giant trees" vs the nature of geospherical structures such as mountains and volcanic plugs. 

Columnar basalt is really trees?

No.
I do not even know what basalt is nor how it is created. 

Do you? 

I do. I bet RocksEverywhere does. In fact, lots of folks who like geology know. It's not a huge secret. Heck Google it and you'll find out for yourself.
It's a marvelous creation we live in!

I do.
Great! 
So, maybe you can contribute to this thread discussion! 

What are the chemical similarities between petrified wood and basalt?   

I do.
Great! 

Both are inorganic. But this does not mean by the slightest that they are easily confused with one another (the HUGEST mistake of that silly YouTube video).

I am literally starring at a sample of petrified wood that I extracted myself from the Australian coastline. It is made of calcite that has trickled through the earth and replaced the organic root....it basically looks like a plaster copy of an ancient root system.

Now lets say I go to a structure made of Basalt. Do you think I am going to see any evidence of petrified wood associated with that structure? No. There will be no calcite rich root system or any other remnants of fossilized organic matter (broadly speaking....I don't think its necessary to include species which may have fossilized then been brought to the surface WITHIN the basalt structure).

I am going to see formations associated with volcanic activity....everything from how it is eroding, to how the mineral crystals formed under huge temperatures and pressures.

Being able to determiner the difference between igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks and fossils is rudimentary. None of which are skills possessed by anyone who believes in this giant tree nonsense.   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:23:16 AM by TheCube »

I do.
Great! 

Both are inorganic.
Any other chemical similarities? 

What? Did you not read beyong that?

This is like comparing apples to oranges.

Are they both round? Yes

Do they both contain natural sugars? Yes

Are they both fruits? Yes

Are they the same? We know that answer.

Think of rocks in this same aspect and you get an idea of how 2 inorganic objects are easily distinguished from one another.

I do not claim to be a geologist, that's why I suggested RocksEverywhere (as he is). He would be the one to ask for specifics. I know they are made by lava cooling. I suggested you Google it for an in depth study, I wasn't trying to get into a pissing match on the subject. Here, I will help you https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basalt#Columnar_basalt
Now. All the giant "tree stumps" in the video? They were all compared to a SAWN OFF tree stump. Every one of them, clean cut with a chainsaw.
The people who make those ridiculous videos are counting on others to be as gullible as they are.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
The repository isn't the forum for discussion or debate. Take it elsewhere.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Sorry Ski,

You have absolutely every right to have a repository that contains terrible information that is prohibited from being scrutinized. It gets in the way of people thinking critically. 

I forget how backwards this forum is sometimes.