Mmm new look and layout - Bring back old

• 14 Replies

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
Mmm new look and layout - Bring back old
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
Miss the old format

Some things are better, and I like the look.  The snow and snow penguin instead of candy canes in the section Nonsense, where everyday is Xmas is a nice change.  Was getting a little tired of the candy canes.

I also like the look of stars in the general forum too.

However it no longer says . . . .  who last replied, or how many replies and how many views.  Additionally, the main page to the forum no longer has the last post in each category showing a certain number of character spaces first, like a preview.

The old format before let you know what was happening and peak your interest to go there and now you have to open each topic to see what's going on.

Either these changes can make people stay longer to check more things out, or just give up and leave because it's frustrating.

Also it feels cold and impersonal now, because one used to get a real sense of where people have been or where they are going and what's hot OR even look up an old FES buddy, and now you don't see any of that.  You feel like no one else is out there, or on here I should say. Yuck yuck yuck.

Yeah, I know it's been awhile.  I did see SCG though.  Hi everybody, Freddie's back.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Mmm new look and layout - Bring back old
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:11:51 AM »
You can change your theme to Tintagel to get the features back. 

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 05:59:26 AM »
Miss the old format

Some things are better, and I like the look.  The snow and snow penguin instead of candy canes in the section Nonsense, where everyday is Xmas is a nice change.  Was getting a little tired of the candy canes.

However it no longer says . . . .  who last replied, or how many replies and how many views.  Additionally, the main page to the forum no longer has the last post in each category showing a certain number of character spaces first, like a preview.

The old format before let you know what was happening and peak your interest to go there and now you have to open each topic to see what's going on.

Either these changes can make people stay longer to check more things out, or just give up and leave because it's frustrating.

Also it feels cold and impersonal now, because one used to get a real sense of where people have been or where they are going and what's hot OR even look up an old FES buddy, and now you don't see any of that.  You feel like no one else is out there, or on here I should say. Yuck yuck yuck.

Yeah, I know it's been awhile.  I did see SCG though.  Hi everybody, Freddie's back.

I'll take a look at implementing these in the new theme:

Who Last Replied
Replies / Views
Preview of Last Post In Each Category

Did I miss anything?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
Wow, thanks John.  Good to see ya again.

Oh the font face was a nice addition too, because people like choices.

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 06:55:53 AM »
Miss the old format

Who Last Replied
Replies / Views

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, one more thing . . .  we used to have at the top of ANY ONE topic within the broader segment - a way to click on a link to take us back to the broader segment without hitting the back button each time.  Meaning if you were here in this thread (individual topic), but wanted to go back to the broad category of "The Lounge" where this thread falls (or is listed) then you used to be able to see a hyperlink at the top of the page here in the thread to easily go back, but now there is only a back button to take you back.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
Miss the old format

Who Last Replied
Replies / Views

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, one more thing . . .  we used to have at the top of ANY ONE topic within the broader segment - a way to click on a link to take us back to the broader segment without hitting the back button each time.  Meaning if you were here in this thread (individual topic), but wanted to go back to the broad category of "The Lounge" where this thread falls (or is listed) then you used to be able to see a hyperlink at the top of the page here in the thread to easily go back, but now there is only a back button to take you back.

It's at the bottom now but I liked it on top as well.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
It's at the top and the bottom. There's a little box on the right side of the page just above the "Quick reply" that says "Jump to: => The Lounge go" you click on "go" and it will take you back to the main page of The Lounge. If you click on the down arrow you can jump to any other section of the board. Or you can click where it says "Go Up" (left side above Quick Reply) it it will take you to the top of the page and you can click on whatever.

Also, what's up babs?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
Hey SCG !  Long time no see.  I do have the "jump to" next to the quick reply but only at the bottom and not the top also, and then I have to scroll past everybodys' posts to see the spot to take action.  Kinda inconvenient.

Anyhow I am good, and you.

So who's who now?
Is Roundythetruthinessist still Roundy or what is his name now?
Mkyael is Mykael or Mykajakafoul or whatever that spelling was?
Saddam is Saddam or Moobs?
Col Gaydafi is still him, and a mod?
Dann is still Dann - of course
Vongeo?
(007 picture) English Gentlemen
Lord Whitmore still a mod?
Tom Bishop is still Tom, I guess?
Parsifal is still him - irrelevant?
Raist is still Raist?
Pongo is still Pongo?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 03:31:36 PM »
Roundy, Saddam, Tom Bishop, Parsifal and Pongo have gone over to the other FES. Pongo is still a mod here and posts now and then. I haven't seen Raist post anywhere in ages, Dann posts in CN now and then. Lord Wilmore is still an admin here, but he hasn't been around for a really long time. Gayer still posts sometimes, but I think real life keeps her from spamming like she used to. Don't know about the rest.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »
Roundy, Saddam, Tom Bishop, Parsifal and Pongo have gone over to the other FES. Pongo is still a mod here and posts now and then. I haven't seen Raist post anywhere in ages, Dann posts in CN now and then. Lord Wilmore is still an admin here, but he hasn't been around for a really long time. Gayer still posts sometimes, but I think real life keeps her from spamming like she used to. Don't know about the rest.

What other FES?  I thought that it was something that was a spin-off of this but not heavily posted in and only really late at night and mostly by trolls, but that this one here was the primary place.  SO now you are saying it has taken over as far as being more popular?  I forgot the website URL.  You remember?  Still create and ID and password as before there?  Arguments are roughly the same as here?  Then why have 2?

You don't remember Mykael?  English Gent?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »
2 of 2 - To SCG

Jack 1704?
Guessed?
Wendy?
Mr. Pseudonym?
Giddsey?
Parsec?
Crustinator (Crusty)?

And those ^ ^ people?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »
The other site is a spin off and this one is still the main one. Just those people decided they'd stay over there. If you want to have a look you'll have to google it. Just google t fes (without the space), it's in the word filter here and gets changed to google.com and I'm not going to bypass the word filter.

I do remember Mykael, but haven't seen him post in forever, the same for everyone else on your list. I don't think they're posting on the other site either.  Well, some of them might be. I can't remember!

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »
I just thought of a bunch more MIA . . . .

Mugthulhu (Mugsy)
Markjo
Singularity
Eire Engineer
Rushy
Chris Spaghetti
Enigma ZV
Baseball - this was his last name after changing it - the one that got picked on

Anyhow maybe some of these are around.

Oh, English Gentleman now spells his name without the "I", so it's Englsh.

I don't seem to see anyone listed that I know anymore on the main page of the forum.

Miss the old gang.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »
Mugsy, Rushy, and Chris post at the other site. markjo posts here and over there. Haven't seen Singularity or Enigma in ages. I remember the baseball kid, but I don't think he's posted here for a few years. I have no idea who Eire Engineer is, unless you mean TheEngineer? I think he did post here earlier this year.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
Mugsy is beardo on the other site and Chris is Goast of Chris.