why is it ok for moderators to break the rules?

• 61 Replies

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: why is it ok for moderators to break the rules?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 08:52:42 PM »
We at the Flat Earth Society appreciate your input. Because of the serious nature of your allegations, we cannot make a determination without appropriate earnest measures. I will summon the high council on the next blood moon, as is tradition regarding such serious accusations.  We will meet in our secret lair and weigh the alleged offenses against your entitled and rude behaviour, of which even globularists have tried to make you aware. When we have sipped sufficient champagne and supped our fill of the caviar, we will make our decision and contact you.

PS -- stop spamming the complaint feature.

You got a response. We have already agreed to brave the dangers of the blood moon to convene and discuss this serious matter.  What more could you possibly want of us?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:59 AM »
@pongo I'm still waiting for an answer as to why it's allowed, i've presented blatant proof, I'm waiting on my complaint response and confirmation the moderators have been advised accordingly

You misunderstand the situation here. You don't pay for our services, I am not beholden to you, nor is anyone else. I'm not sure why you have this perception that I must answer any question that you put forth. Furthermore, no one is under any obligation to distribute advisories to moderation at your discretion.

I fear that our open and friendly culture has incorrectly lead your to assume that the Flat Earth Society is some sort of user-driven service industry with a "customer's always right" motto and a "give them what they want for the sake of future patronage" model.

I've been ignoring your query because I felt like I've already answered it and, quite frankly, this whole topic is asinine.

TheBigYun

• By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »
Hey, I told you all yonks  ago that I can sort this forum out. But you still choose to ignore me!
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »
ok, so the flat earth society has no moderation?

well your two worst moderators who are rude, antagonising, petty and childish, are banning people for doing the same things as they do

no point calling them moderators as they're not moderating anything, they're picking and choosing who to ban dependent on how much 'they don't like'

of course you're under no obligation to me, you're under obligation to ALL members since you've decided to have moderators

there's forum rules if you wasn't already aware, and your moderators are constantly breaking them

you're then making excuses FOR their actions

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 08:38:26 PM »
I'm taking that as sarcasm
No.  I am serious. 

As long as globalists are trolling this forum, complaining about unfair moderation is petty. 

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »
The best jokes are the ones that you never have to explain, this forum is one of them. Right Space Cowgirl? 🙃

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
No.  I am serious. 

As long as globalists are trolling this forum, complaining about unfair moderation is petty.

in what way are globalists trolling?

globe earthers state facts and present evidence to back up their facts, that's not trolling

flat earthers claim globe earthers are wrong, but never present any evidence, they ignore direct questions and instead just attempt to belittle globe earthers (like you have above)

well this is a DEBATE forum, excuse us that actually provide irrefutable evidence and ask for a DEBATE

again, ever heard of irony?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
The best jokes are the ones that you never have to explain, this forum is one of them. Right Space Cowgirl? 🙃

We remember the dark days of your authoritah.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 02:05:27 PM »
No.  I am serious. 

in what way are globalists trolling?
Every post that contradicts the premise "The earth is flat." is trolling. 

All contrarians should be permanently banned, in my opinion.  Who cares if a moderator "breaks" a rule??  I do not. 

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »
but there's no evidence of a flat earth, and an abundance of a globe earth

research = evidence

I'd advise you do some research instead of simply taking someone's word for it (I know this as anyone who cross examines evidence comes to the same conclusion, that the earth is EVIDENTLY a globe)

trolling, haha says the guy admitting he's wanting globe earthers off the forum (in fact, respect on that front, at least you've got the balls to admit it)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »

I'd advise you do some research instead of simply taking someone's word for it
(I know this as anyone who cross examines evidence comes to the same conclusion,
that the earth is EVIDENTLY a globe)

EVIDENTLY you are asking me to take your word for it.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 11:18:35 PM »

I would have banned sokarul.

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »

I'd advise you do some research instead of simply taking someone's word for it
(I know this as anyone who cross examines evidence comes to the same conclusion,
that the earth is EVIDENTLY a globe)

EVIDENTLY you are asking me to take your word for it.

no I'm not, not even close

evidence is evidence

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2016, 09:17:25 AM »

I would have banned sokarul.

He does get bammed sometimes for a couple days. It's too weird here without him, though!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2016, 09:19:50 AM »
They are both gingers.  Coincidence? I think not. 

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:18 PM »
They are both gingers.  Coincidence? I think not.

He is not a ginger. He's an outcast, we don't want him.

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 01:12:41 AM »
Moderators can do anything. It's not a new thing. They can break rules any time and admins won't care. Get use to it.

Take jroa for instance. He is the master of shitposting, insulting, personal attacks, derailing, trolling etc etc and yet he is a moderator. This process continues for months and has been reported multiple times.

See, even in this very topic, rules are broken.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2016, 11:01:52 PM »

What rules?

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »

What rules?

these are the (apparently) 'strictly enforced' rules
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=43826.msg1086418#msg1086418

5, 7 and 8 are regularly abused by both Ski and Jroa

so I followed the rules and did what rule 10 told me to (post concerns in here)..
but it seems like instead, I was ambushed by the people who are actually supposed to be dealing with these kinds of issues

this isn't a public forum, it's a closed forum for flat earth believers only, the fact the mods act like a dictatorship is the evidence to back up my claim

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2016, 01:09:40 PM »
erm.. was that supposed to represent something?
are you calling me a baby or something?

have you not got the intelligence to WRITE something?

from the guy who inboxed me in my first week telling me how impressed he was with my comments towards Jroa and how you can't wait for his head to spin

times change eh?

fuck off you nob

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
the irony being, I bet my post is reported for rule breaking haha

bunch of fuckin amateurs, Davis even admitted money is made from this nonsense

keep peddling bullshit, the only people believing this shit are either easily fooled or half ounce short of a quarter

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
You sure are putting a lot of effort into this tantrum.
What do you hope to gain?

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »
the 'strictly enforced rules' being even loosely enforced would be a start

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »
the 'strictly enforced rules' being even loosely enforced would be a start

There is exactly one warrior in your army.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2016, 03:16:13 PM »
the irony being, I bet my post is reported for rule breaking haha

bunch of fuckin amateurs, Davis even admitted money is made from this nonsense

keep peddling bullshit, the only people believing this shit are either easily fooled or half ounce short of a quarter

What do you mean? There is no money being made from this website, and John Davis has no control over the money other people make with their youtube videos or books. Admitted... like it's some big secret?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
I think John was referring to the small amount of money which is made off of official memberships every couple of years when they occur. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
I think John was referring to the small amount of money which is made off of official memberships every couple of years when they occur.

Which is not enough to cover the cost of running this website, and is donated to charity. Johnorbital is always looking for something evil.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
That's because he is projecting. It's okay.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."