i have a question to all you flat earthers!

• 20 Replies
i have a question to all you flat earthers!
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
first off you say that people have never been in space and this is a hoax but yet cleary people have witnessed rockets going up into the sky and disapearing?
secondly why has no one ever been to the edge if the earth was flat
thirdly if the earth was flat why would clouds be in the air if the earth is actualy flying upwards
and if the reason why we have gravity is because the earth is flying upwards then indeed there has to be gravity to create that force in the first place,space has no gravity so if the earth is flying upwards how can gravity be created this way?eg if you drive a car through space you will not be pulled back as the car accelerates because theres simply no gravity?

Re: i have a question to all you flat earthers!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
Let me tell you something: expecting to get a scientific answer from a flatearther is like looking for a gold in a trash can... good luck anyways

?

Woody

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »
Most of your questions can be answered by thinking about things relative to each other.

If we are accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s we would not be able to tell the difference between that and gravity accelerating things towards the Earth's center of mass.

That of course falls apart when measurements are made.  Gravity has been measured across the globe and at different altitudes.  There are small differences based on altitude and/or the amount and distance to mass in different areas.  Since the Earth is not a perfect sphere with its mass perfectly distributed.

Rockets apparently are crashed in to the ocean.  That is why you see them start going at an angle.  According to many people I have seen using this evidence they believe it would be more efficient to fly straight up then make a 90 degree turn to accelerate to orbital velocity.

The edge is guarded and/or you would die before reaching it due to the very harsh conditions.

To clear something up for you.  If you accelerate in a vehicle you would be pushed back in the seat regardless if you and the vehicle were under the influence of gravity or not.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
first off you say that people have never been in space and this is a hoax but yet cleary people have witnessed rockets going up into the sky and disapearing?
secondly why has no one ever been to the edge if the earth was flat
thirdly if the earth was flat why would clouds be in the air if the earth is actualy flying upwards
and if the reason why we have gravity is because the earth is flying upwards then indeed there has to be gravity to create that force in the first place,space has no gravity so if the earth is flying upwards how can gravity be created this way?eg if you drive a car through space you will not be pulled back as the car accelerates because theres simply no gravity?

1st - rockets go up, but they're not going into space
2nd - in the UA model the edge is far away and the conditions are too extreme for humans
3rd - in the UA model the atmosphere is moving upwards along with the earth

This is what universal acceleration is based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalence_principle

I have no idea what you mean when you say gravity has to be the force moving the earth upwards. Most UA FEers call that force "aether". 

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Let me tell you something: expecting to get a scientific answer from a flatearther is like looking for a gold in a trash can... good luck anyways
There is sometimes gold to be found in trash cans (I translate that to "rubbish tins".), but . . . . . . . .  nuff said

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »
Wow look at all these disappearing rockets LOL

Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

iWitness

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 05:40:31 PM »
And BTW, the Earth is NOT ACCELERATING upwards. That is horsecrap.

Everyone knows Gravity is caused by Airpressure and Density in a closed-world system with a Firmament.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »

Everyone knows Gravity is caused by Airpressure and Density in a closed-world system with a Firmament.

If denpressure is true, how does my thermos keep my drinks so cold?

?

Woody

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »

So if we assume the Earth is round and gravity exist how would you put something in orbit?

Would you launch it straight up make a 90% turn then accelerate to orbital velocity?

Would you launch it at an angle taking advantage of gravity and the rocket would not only be gaining altitude but the velocity needed to achieve orbit?

Just look up gravity turn and it makes perfect sense if you understand the model.

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:15 PM »
Woody, I think your mistake was to assume iwinless has a basic understanding of orbital mechanics.

Edit.

Second mistake was assuming he wants to learn basic orbital mechanics.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

?

Woody

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 11:00:27 PM »
Woody, I think your mistake was to assume iwinless has a basic understanding of orbital mechanics.

Edit.

Second mistake was assuming he wants to learn basic orbital mechanics.

I will keep trying any way.  Maybe it is because I find it so hard to understand someone would be so willing to just ignore stuff and refuses to try to learn.

Of course one definition of stupid is repeating something time and time again expecting different results.

It may be even stupider since I understand the behavior of someone trying to protect a world view they are heavily invested in.

Even stupider because I also acknowledge that some people just enjoy trolling and there are likely people here doing just that.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 11:12:41 PM »
and if the reason why we have gravity
Relax.  I have good news for you! 
You do not have to worry about any of this!  Not 1 worry at all! 
Look up in the sky and enjoy the view.  There is no need for you to understand any of it --- with or without the science fiction. 

Just soak the beauty all in! 

You shills are terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iWitness

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »
The thing is... those rockets in the pictures aren't that high up.

I love this fantasy that you can just "pop through" the atmosphere with enough force and "float" forever with only bursts of air.

Meanwhilte Back in reality, SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are having a very hard time even landing on earth let alone going higher than 120,000 feet LOL.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »
We have PROVEN that air pressure doesn't affect weight. You guys are funny. LOL need to add another meme about this.
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

?

Woody

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 11:59:17 AM »
The thing is... those rockets in the pictures aren't that high up.

I love this fantasy that you can just "pop through" the atmosphere with enough force and "float" forever with only bursts of air.

Meanwhilte Back in reality, SpaceX and Virgin Galactic are having a very hard time even landing on earth let alone going higher than 120,000 feet LOL.

That is great you can estimate the altitude in those pictures.  Can you tell me how you calculated them?  What method did you use to determine the distance the pictures were taken at?  How did you determine the focal length?  What method did you use to determine the altitudes?

What altitude should a rocket begin making a gravity turn? What is too low or high?

The dome would be at least around 4,900 km above the ground.  Unless it is lower than the sun and moon. So why would NASA turn rockets at such a low altitude to avoid it?  Consider the ISS is at around 250 km.

If you go with a model with the Sun and Moon are reflection from the surface how high is the dome?  Is it around 50, 100, 150, 200 km?

Here is a question for you.  Do you think you posses special knowledge that engineers, physicist, and similar do not have around the world?  What you show in those pictures is what is expected.

If NASA was faking it, they would not launch things straight up.  If they did people would question why would NASA use a very inefficient method to put things in orbit.

It really appears you have not put much thought into it.  My guess you just saw something you did not understand and instead of looking further into it you just made your own assumption or accepted someone else's that fit what you want to believe.

It really amazes me the people can fail to understand somethings then make claims of with such certainty they are right.  I comprehend it with things like religion since there is nothing that proves or disproves it.  I do not comprehend it when it comes to the physical world around us. It just seems so small minded to me.

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »
Most of your questions can be answered by thinking about things relative to each other.

If we are accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s we would not be able to tell the difference between that and gravity accelerating things towards the Earth's center of mass.

That of course falls apart when measurements are made.  Gravity has been measured across the globe and at different altitudes.  There are small differences based on altitude and/or the amount and distance to mass in different areas.  Since the Earth is not a perfect sphere with its mass perfectly distributed.

Rockets apparently are crashed in to the ocean.  That is why you see them start going at an angle.  According to many people I have seen using this evidence they believe it would be more efficient to fly straight up then make a 90 degree turn to accelerate to orbital velocity.

The edge is guarded and/or you would die before reaching it due to the very harsh conditions.

To clear something up for you.  If you accelerate in a vehicle you would be pushed back in the seat regardless if you and the vehicle were under the influence of gravity or not.

Except we know we are not accelerating, because we woukd lose our atmosphere with that model.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:51:03 PM by Physicsteacher »

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »

Except we know we are not accelerating, because we woukd lose our atmosphere with that model.

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
There is sometimes gold to be found in trash cans (I translate that to "rubbish tins".), but . . . . . . . .  nuff said

But who would put gold into a "rubbish tin"? Perhaps a flatearther just to disprove my statement.

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »

Come on, please flatearthers do a favor to all of us and activate your brain once a while, before you post something stupid make sure you google it first! I mean, we live in 21st century, the first webpage was made freakin 25 years ago, and we still got people who can't use Google search engine... Damn!

Here, let me save you a few clicks:https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1c5ypi/why_do_rockets_that_are_sent_into_space_have_an/

About the curved trajectory of the rockets on yout pics:
That angling is called a gravity turn, and it has the advantage of using gravity to put the vessel in orbit instead of forcing it to turn under its own power, which would use extra fuel. It also reduces physical stress on the object being launched.

And no, the rockets do not go lose altitude as they go further. It only appears that way because of the prospective (but i guess you already know everything about that).

SpJunk

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »

"Everyone knows" that the Air Pressure (actually, pressure in any gas or mixture) in any spot produces equal forces in every direction.
Well, obviously ALMOST "everyone".
And also everyone knows that as deeper you go, the "pumping" of pressure force is stronger.
Downward component is pressing from top of an object, upward component is pressing from bottom of an object.
Bottom force (upward pressing one) is deeper and it presses harder.
In the air both forces are small, but in water you can feel the difference.

(Or Water Pressure won't do the same thing, even water is heavier and presses harder?)

Ever been at beach?
And went into water?
And found rock in water?
And tried to lift it?

Next time bring manometer and measure pressure in water.
Also in deeper spots in water, if you can dive, or ask someone who can.
Compare it to pressure in Air.

Water is much heavier and difference between forces is bigger,
so, rock in water is lighter, much easier to lift, than when you bring it to the air.
There are pressure forces smaller, so is their difference, and "floating effect" of the rock
takes much smaller part in cancelation of the rocks weight.

But, in "your" theory, upward component of the pressure force in air is canceled
because you disliked it, Mr. Norris?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:19:47 PM by SpJunk »
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »

Not disappearing... It's just perspective you ... broken idiot.

Here, lemme fix you.

*bang*

There, just like new! ;)
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.