Poll

Shills Lie about the Gas Laws.

Yes they do!
25 (45.5%)
NO NO NO WE DO NOT OH NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
30 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Shills claim rockets work in a vacuum.

• 1262 Replies
Re: Shills claim rockets work in a vacuum.
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2016, 02:40:21 AM »
Bahahahah... Papa-bot always good for a laugh (at)!

It still hasn't describe how a rocket does work by pushing on the atmosphere. Apparently the gas expelled at a very high rate of speed doesn't do any work at all until it hits the atmosphere! Amazing! Any evidence provided of this claim? Of course not, just a terrible lack of understanding of N3... and of basic physics.

That's programming for you folks: garbage in, garbage out. Don't blame the bot; it can't help the nonsense it spouts.

If, of course, this demonstrably absurd claim had any merit whatsoever, there would be an effort to publish said claims for peer-review but that will never, ever happen. I wonder why?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2016, 03:15:09 AM »
Apparently the gas expelled at a very high rate of speed doesn't do any work at all until it hits the atmosphere!

Correct; the following citation explains clearly why this is the case:

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/thermodynamics-chemistry/internal-energy-sal/a/pressure-volume-work

In it you will find the equation used to determine the amount of Work done by a Gas...

The equation is: Work = external Pressure x change in Volume.

As the external Pressure in a Vacuum is ZERO, then a Gas introduced into a Vacuum will do ZERO Work.

And without WORK there can be neither POWER nor FORCE, & thus no MOTION:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/work.html

Moreover, the experiment to prove this FACT was one of the mathematical & conceptual foundations of Thermodynamics:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=eYQHIjkaEroC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=joule+free+expansion+conservation+of+energy&source=bl&ots=lNNu7CV1-P&sig=YMAwtaJTmLf7BF4Ts4jcWzVTY98&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWv6XJh6rPAhXEOxoKHXskDjw4ChDoAQgfMAE#v=onepage&q=joule%20free%20expansion%20conservation%20of%20energy&f=false

Again, I will quote the relevant section: "Joule noticed that in this process (i.e. Free Expansion) the gas does not 'develop mechanical power' i.e. no mechanical work is performed either by or on the gas".

Pretty conclusive: a gas-POWERED rocket cannot possibly do WORK in a vacuum.

To claim that it does is to violate the very foundations of Laws of Thermodynamics: FACT.

And no matter how much you stamp your feet & try to turn the page on these scientific FACTS they simply will not go away...

Sucks to be you; oh yes it does!

Toodle-pip, LOSERS!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

onebigmonkey

• You. Yes you. Stand still laddie.
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2016, 05:03:06 AM »

A rocket is not a showerhead & a Gas is not a Liquid.

Ah bless, another conspiratard who doesn't get analogies.

(lol I checked out your shitty website 'onebigmarkjo' - what a farcical copycat failure you are!)

Hey 'papashitbag', I'm glad I wasted your time and stopped you mingling with normal people for a bit.

No copying, All mine. I am no-one else but me. Feel free to prove any of it wrong once the meds kick in.
Facts won't do what I want them to.

We went from a round Earth to a round Moon: http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/apollo.html

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2016, 05:43:34 AM »
Ah bless, another conspiratard who doesn't get analogies.

The Laws of Thermodynamics are neither a 'conspiracy' nor an 'analogy'.

You seem to be going down with Humpty Dumpty syndrome...

You know; where words mean only what you want them to mean?

Markjo used to do the same; but of course you're not him, are you?

(lol yes you are & everybody knows it!)

Anyhoo; you've just claimed that a rocket is a showerhead & a gas is a liquid so I'd say you're pretty fucked whoever you are...

Is this how you thought it'd work out for you?

You know - your life; being 'clever'; having a PhD in nuclear physics?

That you'd end up making a fool of yourself on an obscure flat earth forum for no discernible reason?

This is about the point where markjo would give up & just say NO U!!! for a few posts btw...

Will you behave any differently, monkey-brains?

We will find out!

Toodle-pip, Idiot & Liar!

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2016, 05:56:31 AM »
Apparently the gas expelled at a very high rate of speed doesn't do any work at all until it hits the atmosphere!

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/thermodynamics-chemistry/internal-energy-sal/a/pressure-volume-work

In it you will find the equation used to determine the amount of Work done by a Gas...

As the external Pressure in a Vacuum is ZERO, then a Gas introduced into a Vacuum will do ZERO Work.

Moreover, the experiment to prove this FACT was one of the mathematical & conceptual foundations of Thermodynamics:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=eYQHIjkaEroC&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=joule+free+expansion+conservation+of+energy&source=bl&ots=lNNu7CV1-P&sig=YMAwtaJTmLf7BF4Ts4jcWzVTY98&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWv6XJh6rPAhXEOxoKHXskDjw4ChDoAQgfMAE#v=onepage&q=joule%20free%20expansion%20conservation%20of%20energy&f=false

Again, I will quote the relevant section: "Joule noticed that in this process (i.e. Free Expansion) the gas does not 'develop mechanical power' i.e. no mechanical work is performed either by or on the gas".

To claim that it does is to violate the very foundations of Laws of Thermodynamics: FACT.

And no matter how much you stamp your feet & try to turn the page on these scientific FACTS they simply will not go away...

Toodle-pip, LOSERS!

Oh Poppa, you're back!

I did miss you Poppa. And your endearing defence of Poppa-Fhysics!!TM

If anyone here dares to tell Poppa he's wrong about gas doing no work on the vacuum (and vice versa), they are WRONG! End of.

If anyone here dares to tell Poppa he's forgotten about the bit where the gas does work on the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum), and the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum) does work on the gas, the are an OBVIOUSLY LYING SHILL!

(See the difference there? Hmmm?)

You tell 'em, Poppa!

Because, Poppa-Fhysics!!!TM
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:59:08 AM by PsychedelicPill »
I made up some completely random sh!te on the Flat Earth Society forum and now I feel completely and utterly EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
the gas does work on the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum), and the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum) does work on the gas

Untrue.

Learn to read (I've bolded the relevant bit special for slow-pokes):

Toodle-pip, LOSERS!

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2016, 06:57:09 AM »
Not this again. Conservation of Momentum, end of argument. Turn off the lights or what ever the engineer said.

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2016, 11:28:17 AM »
*Same-old debunked argument*

Hi papabot.

I'd like to toss a gem of wisdom your way: repeating a wrong argument an infinite amount of times won't all of a sudden make it right. I'm really sorry.. but not really.

So, we know the gas doesn't have to do any work on the vacuum; its already done its work on the rocket that, you know, it has been shot out the bottom of at a great rate of knots. Apparently you think that if a rocket were put in a vacuum chamber and fired, the gas would simply shoot out and the rocket wouldn't move at all? LOL? Where has the energy of the expelled gases gone? You understand of course that the combustion starts inside the rocket, don't you? Of course you do; no one is that stupid. Apparently the gas does absolutely no work on the rocket at all when shot from it.. yea, forget about N3 and conservation of momentum & energy: they're just part of the ConspiracyTM!

Meh, no point at all trying with this bot, fellas; he's already been shown how he's wrong at least a hundred times.

Stop wasting time here with us papabot, go and publish your findings in a scientific journal. Oh wait, nevermind, that will never happen because even 4th graders know you're wrong.

Pip-toodle!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2016, 11:35:15 AM »
I'd like to toss a gem of wisdom your way

You would but you can't.

Because you cannot find one single genuine scientific citation that supports the concept of a gas doing Work in a vacuum.

Whereas I have so many on my side I've honestly lost count of them...

When you finally get that ONE Thermodynamics-defying citation then get back to me eh, Loser?

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2016, 12:04:33 PM »
the gas does work on the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum), and the rocket (which is solid, ergo not a vacuum) does work on the gas

Untrue.

Learn to read (I've bolded the relevant bit special for slow-pokes):

Toodle-pip, LOSERS!

You tell 'em Poppa!

Anyone who points out to Poppa the difference between a fixed mass of gas diffusing into a vacuum, and a rocket where there is a steady flow of gas into the combustion chamber and out of it, is defying Poppa-FhysicsTM and is therefore a proven shill!

I mean come one people, look at the original experiment that Poppa spoon-fed to you, like pellets to cattle. If you fill a copper jar with gas, connected via a tube to an evacuated copper jar, and encase them both in a waterbath, and open the stop-cock, the temperature of the water stays the same as the gas fills the vacuum! NO WORK IS DONE! That's called Physics!

Now, compare that to a rocket-type situation, where you effectively have a copper jar that you're are injecting reactants into and igniting, then allowing the gases to evacuate into the other evacuated copper jar. The temperature of the water in the water bath WOULD NOT stay the same, because Poppa-FhysicsTM !!

See? Free expansion of a fixed mass of an ideal gas into a vacuum is EXACTLY the same as a rocket in space with 2 fuel tanks filled with hypergolic fuels feeding into a combustion chamber, igniting, and spewing forth into the aether. NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO, turd-brains.
I made up some completely random sh!te on the Flat Earth Society forum and now I feel completely and utterly EPIC!!!

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »
I'd like to toss a gem of wisdom your way

You would but you can't.

Because you cannot find one single genuine scientific citation that supports the concept of a gas doing Work in a vacuum.

Whereas I have so many on my side I've honestly lost count of them...

When you finally get that ONE Thermodynamics-defying citation then get back to me eh, Loser?
Conservation of Momentum. I can't be fucked to find a citation that it exists, look it up yourself.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
Conservation of Momentum ENERGY.

Fixed that for you; 1st law of Thermodynamics, already covered, try again Loser.

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2016, 02:59:10 PM »
Fixed that for you; 1st law of Thermodynamics, already covered, try again Loser.
1st Law of Thermodynamics according to Papa
"Energy is always conserved, so moment can't be"
Ok, that makes soooo much sense.
Also the rocket fuel contains chemical energy which is converted into kinetic, energy is conserved. Unless you are a deranged idiot.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:04:13 PM by Empirical »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »

Please do not Lie; I never made any such statement.

COM & COE are perfectly compatible & Free Expansion violates neither.

Also; 'moment'?

Silly bot!

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »

Please do not Lie; I never made any such statement.
You did, you crossed out Moment and replaced it with energy, implying conservation of energy is correct while momentum is not.
Ok, that makes soooo much sense.
Also the rocket fuel contains chemical energy which is converted into kinetic, energy is conserved. Unless you are a deranged idiot.

But now that you say conservation of moment is true it contradicts your argument.
The gas can only leave the rocket though the nozzle. To leave though the nozzle it has to more towards the nozzle, so no gas can leave that has a momentum in other direction, because it it is impossible to leave though an exit without travelling in the direction of the exit.
So the total momentum of the gas that has left the rocket can't be zero.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
But now that you say conservation of moment is true it contradicts your argument.

Incorrect.

And it's MOMENTUM, retard...

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2016, 06:39:33 PM »

Incorrect.

Maybe he meant moment.

Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2016, 10:27:03 PM »
Legba not all of your information  has fallen on deaf ears. I know what you say of rockets in space is true. You have proven it in this thread over and over again. Thanks, keep up the good work.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2016, 06:26:02 AM »

Incorrect.

FTFY

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2016, 07:31:26 AM »
Legba not all of your information  has fallen on deaf ears. I know what you say of rockets in space is true. You have proven it in this thread over and over again. Thanks, keep up the good work.

Wow,  Legba has convinced Hoppy,   that makes me appreciate Legba's logic even more,  I might even buy him a fondue fork,  with suggestions on how he could best utilize the sharp points.

Hoppy is my friend.  I like Hoppy.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »
Wow,  Legba has convinced Hoppy

Yeah; I've convinced hoppy that the Laws of Thermodynamics are Real...

Big fucking whoopee!

It was easy to do because hoppy is not an Insane blackmailed paedo who is paid NOT to understand Thermodynamics...

Unlike you.

I know what you look like, Geoff.

I know who you are.

We both know you fucked up bad by appearing on video...

It's obvious you were forced into it...

But you couldn't say 'No' could you?

Now why would that be, I wonder?

LOL!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ore

Ever heard the saying 'If you can't do the Time then don't do the Crime'?

ForumPhoenix

• Vade Irrumabo te Amicus Meus
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »

Incorrect.

FTFY

They say only idiots use abbreviations alone instead of words, so, empirically I can tell that empirical is an idiot. Like every flat earther.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2016, 08:28:28 AM »
Wow,  Legba has convinced Hoppy

Yeah; I've convinced hoppy that the Laws of Thermodynamics are Real...

Big fucking whoopee!

It was easy to do because hoppy is not an Insane blackmailed paedo who is paid NOT to understand Thermodynamics...

Unlike you.

I know what you look like, Geoff.

I know who you are.

We both know you fucked up bad by appearing on video...

It's obvious you were forced into it...

But you couldn't say 'No' could you?

Now why would that be, I wonder?

LOL!!!

Ever heard the saying 'If you can't do the Time then don't do the Crime'?

You know nothing,  if you knew the truth your head would explode. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

ForumPhoenix

• Vade Irrumabo te Amicus Meus
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
His head would only explode from the bullet passing through his noggin after being executed for promoting treasonous ideas.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »

I know everything.

You are just another useless cultural-cringing blackmailed Colonial drone whose bosses hate him.

So knock off the bullshit eh, paedo?

You are PAID to not understand what I write...

And you are forced into not understanding it forever because you got caught by this:

You are in Hell, Geoff...

And you have dragged your family with you...

Cool beans, eh, Geoff?

Cool. Fucking. Beans...

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »

I know everything.

You are just another useless cultural-cringing blackmailed Colonial drone whose bosses hate him.

So knock off the bullshit eh, paedo?

You are PAID to not understand what I write...

And you are forced into not understanding it forever because you got caught by this:

You are in Hell, Geoff...

And you have dragged your family with you...

Cool beans, eh, Geoff?

Cool. Fucking. Beans...

Lol, Geoff/Papa the schizophrenic is back with the shit posts.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2016, 09:24:57 AM »
^unbannable bot.

Toodle-pip, LOSERS!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
Here is a picture of a exhaust molecule about to hit an air molecule. How does that move a rocket?

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
Explain in your own words.

While you are at it why don't you calculate the thrust?

Here use

CO2 molecule mass 7.31x10-23 kg
velocity: 5,000 m/s

N2 molecule mass: 4.65x10-23
velocity: 0 m/s
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.