Why is the government hiding the flat earth from us?

• 118 Replies
Re: Why is the government hiding the flat earth from us?
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »
I would daresay that a lot of scientists consider it their duty to reveal the truth without regard to whether people find it depressing or amusing.  In fact, the revelation of a dome would probably start an entirely new science and industry to try to drill through it.  I am not sure how a FE indicates limited resources more than a RE but proof of a FE might invigorate new science and industry to explore over the edge - for all we know there are resources - and maybe even forms of life - beyond the edge (or beyond the dome).

And it's a simple economic fact that there's not enough money to go around to bribe everyone to keep quiet about a FE.  Do you honestly think the severely underpaid teachers and professors around the world are being secretly bribed??  At the same moment, if there were any truth to a FE, the one scientist who first reveals it to the world would be assured of money, fame, and pretty lab assistants!  Isn't that sufficient motivation?

There are also lots of scientists who are bound by non-disclosure agreements to never disclosure research details for various reasons.  Agreements which have severe loss of career consequences if breached. In reality that first scientist would get punished like Edward Snowden and Chelsa Manning.

Also a lot of science, industry, and military efforts seem to be attempts to break out of the dome.  Both the USA and USSR tried nuking the dome with countless atmosphere tests in the 60s-70s, Russia tried drilling past 8 miles underground, and Japan is trying to make a 10 petawatt  laser that will concentrate the equivalent of the entire world's electricity consumption times 10,000.

No, it is not an economic fact. It is just a cliched slogan and your opinion.  Are you not aware that National Central banks create currency out of thin air for their respective governments?  Also there are huge pension slush funds for government employees and teachers all over the world.  The CalPERS structure isn't limited to just Calfornia it has been implemented globally. So I completely disagree with the sentiment that there just isn't enough money to bribe so many people.

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »
There are also lots of scientists who are bound by non-disclosure agreements to never disclosure research details for various reasons.  Agreements which have severe loss of career consequences if breached. In reality that first scientist would get punished like Edward Snowden and Chelsa Manning.

Also a lot of science, industry, and military efforts seem to be attempts to break out of the dome.  Both the USA and USSR tried nuking the dome with countless atmosphere tests in the 60s-70s, Russia tried drilling past 8 miles underground, and Japan is trying to make a 10 petawatt  laser that will concentrate the equivalent of the entire world's electricity consumption times 10,000.

No, it is not an economic fact. It is just a cliched slogan and your opinion.  Are you not aware that National Central banks create currency out of thin air for their respective governments?  Also there are huge pension slush funds for government employees and teachers all over the world.  The CalPERS structure isn't limited to just Calfornia it has been implemented globally. So I completely disagree with the sentiment that there just isn't enough money to bribe so many people.

There is no dome and you have no proof of it.
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2016, 06:27:48 AM »
Non-disclosure agreements:  This supposes that a scientist is/was hired or under contract to someone, which usually happens AFTER he has attained some experience as a scientist.  But we have lots and lots of scientists, all around the world, and in previous decades and centuries, that were not under any contract.  And yet they also all held to a Round Earth.  And I am sure that every one of them knew that the first one to prove the "true flatness" would get fame and fortune and the cute lab assistants.  Do you really believe that ALL scientists, everywhere on earth, for the past four or more centuries, were crooked and were being paid off??

Not to be catty, but your grasp of economics is as simplistic as your attitude about scientists.  Money is not made out of thin air.  In the US, it is necessary that the Federal Reserve purchase Treasury bonds in order to issue an equivalent amount of currency.

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
There is no dome and you have no proof of it.

*Yawns* Not an argument.

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2016, 07:09:35 PM »
Non-disclosure agreements:  This supposes that a scientist is/was hired or under contract to someone, which usually happens AFTER he has attained some experience as a scientist.  But we have lots and lots of scientists, all around the world, and in previous decades and centuries, that were not under any contract.  And yet they also all held to a Round Earth.  And I am sure that every one of them knew that the first one to prove the "true flatness" would get fame and fortune and the cute lab assistants.  Do you really believe that ALL scientists, everywhere on earth, for the past four or more centuries, were crooked and were being paid off??

Not to be catty, but your grasp of economics is as simplistic as your attitude about scientists.  Money is not made out of thin air.  In the US, it is necessary that the Federal Reserve purchase Treasury bonds in order to issue an equivalent amount of currency.

No, not every scientist held to a Round Earth model. Most notably Auguste Piccard, the first scientist to see the earth from the stratosphere, described the earth as a flat disc with an upturned edge. 

No, it is just your fantastical opinion and confirmation bias that such a scientist would be rewarded with fame, riches, and pretty women. 

No, I never implied that ALL scientists were crooked and paid for. Shame on you for trying to twist my argument with such dishonest rhetorical questioning.

That is a very ignorant and ineffective economic argument. Treasury bonds are paper IOUs with fiat digits on them just like the Federal Reserve Notes they are exchanged for. This exchange process of fiat paper for another form of fiat paper just further proves my point that currency is printed out of thin air.  Also your completely silent about the pension fund structures that provides financial incentives to every scientist and teacher on government and public education tenure.  The pension funds alone annihilate your naive opinion on there not being enough money to provide incentive to silence.

?

zork

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2016, 12:32:08 AM »
No, not every scientist held to a Round Earth model. Most notably Auguste Piccard, the first scientist to see the earth from the stratosphere, described the earth as a flat disc with an upturned edge. 
  He described the view he saw. And you come and make up lie that he didn't held to Round Earth model.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

-leigh-

• flat earter believer
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2016, 06:08:19 AM »
because there hiding the devil simply assss
run by the 33rd scottish rite freemasons

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
I looked up as much as I could of Auguste Piccard and he evidently did not believe that the planet was shaped flat.  He merely described the view from a Montgolfier balloon, which is pretty much like the view from the Observation Deck of the Empire State Building.  The intriguing thing is, wherever you go up in altitude, the earth looks like a disc - which is to say circular - never one side so much closer than the other sides, all the edges equidistant no matter where on earth you take a balloon ride.  That suggests that there is no Edge anywhere, that the earth is a sphere without an edge.

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2016, 01:36:46 AM »
Ummmm...there are no laser's that can reach the moon...lol. Nice try though.

Wrong. There's a long range laser ranging facility at Wettzell, Germany which is capable of reaching the moon (https://www.bkg.bund.de/DE/Observatorium-Wettzell/Messsysteme-Wettzell/Wettzell-Laser-Ranging-System/wettzell-laser-ranging-system.html) - use google translate. You can go there yourself and see it in action.

Yet we still don't have comercial visits to space. Makes no sense. None of what they do makes sense. Everything is marketed for money but space!?! BS, it stinks to much to be true.

yes we do have commercial space visits..

or are the people who have been also paid shills?
the owner of Cirque de Soleil has been into space

do some research

I would daresay that a lot of scientists consider it their duty to reveal the truth without regard to whether people find it depressing or amusing.  In fact, the revelation of a dome would probably start an entirely new science and industry to try to drill through it.  I am not sure how a FE indicates limited resources more than a RE but proof of a FE might invigorate new science and industry to explore over the edge - for all we know there are resources - and maybe even forms of life - beyond the edge (or beyond the dome).

And it's a simple economic fact that there's not enough money to go around to bribe everyone to keep quiet about a FE.  Do you honestly think the severely underpaid teachers and professors around the world are being secretly bribed??  At the same moment, if there were any truth to a FE, the one scientist who first reveals it to the world would be assured of money, fame, and pretty lab assistants!  Isn't that sufficient motivation?

the glass/ice dome is disproven by the existence of meteors

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
I looked up as much as I could of Auguste Piccard and he evidently did not believe that the planet was shaped flat.  He merely described the view from a Montgolfier balloon, which is pretty much like the view from the Observation Deck of the Empire State Building.  The intriguing thing is, wherever you go up in altitude, the earth looks like a disc - which is to say circular - never one side so much closer than the other sides, all the edges equidistant no matter where on earth you take a balloon ride.  That suggests that there is no Edge anywhere, that the earth is a sphere without an edge.

Or it suggests that balloon passengers at 3,000 ft just aren't close enough to the Antarctic edge. After all they can only see the horizon for 67 miles which is nothing with in the grand scale of the earth's size. 

SpJunk

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2016, 11:39:32 AM »

Or it suggests that balloon passengers at 3,000 ft just aren't close enough to the Antarctic edge. After all they can only see the horizon for 67 miles which is nothing with in the grand scale of the earth's size.

Why only 67 miles from 3000 feet if the Earth is flat?
What hides the rest, say, 120 miles away?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »

Why only 67 miles from 3000 feet if the Earth is flat?
What hides the rest, say, 120 miles away?

The limits of perspective for the observer is the same regardless of the shape.

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2016, 02:03:06 PM »
Ummmm...there are no laser's that can reach the moon...lol. Nice try though.

Wrong. There's a long range laser ranging facility at Wettzell, Germany which is capable of reaching the moon (https://www.bkg.bund.de/DE/Observatorium-Wettzell/Messsysteme-Wettzell/Wettzell-Laser-Ranging-System/wettzell-laser-ranging-system.html) - use google translate. You can go there yourself and see it in action.

Yet we still don't have comercial visits to space. Makes no sense. None of what they do makes sense. Everything is marketed for money but space!?! BS, it stinks to much to be true.

yes we do have commercial space visits..

or are the people who have been also paid shills?
the owner of Cirque de Soleil has been into space

do some research

the glass/ice dome is disproven by the existence of meteors

Even billionaires like Elon Musk and the owner of Cirque de Soleil are middle class compared to the banking dynasties that run the UN.

Never said the dome was glass/ice. Personally I think the dome is a type of energy barrier. Meteorites maybe be able to fall into it, but we can't send rockets out of the dome.

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2016, 04:15:18 PM »
its not the goverment its the zionist jews who own them,every one of them

By zionist jews do you mean the Rothschild dynasty?  The Rothschilds answer to the far more ancient Vatican bank. The Vatican bank assigned the Rothschild bloodline as frontmen to their mafia operations so that they could take advantage of prejudices and play the “just blame the jew” card whenever their corrupt crime rings were exposed.

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2016, 01:01:29 AM »
where's your evidence for your claim?

you're actually kind of correct, it is an energy barrier, protecting us from the sun

nothing comes in or out though? That's wrong, we can track meteors and there's artifacts ON the moon that humans left there

you can't just say the reflector test doesn't exist, I've personally seen it work

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2016, 07:35:17 PM »

you're actually kind of correct, it is an energy barrier, protecting us from the sun

nothing comes in or out though? That's wrong, we can track meteors and there's artifacts ON the moon that humans left there

you can't just say the reflector test doesn't exist, I've personally seen it work

There were numerous attempts to nuke the dome in "operation fishbowl" with rockets and the highest they ever got was 680 miles. Since the fake Moon landings astronauts have only been traveling within 400 miles.

I clearly said "Meteorites maybe be able to fall into it, but we can't send rockets out of the dome."  I think the dome is there mainly to trap us the inhabitants of earth. Like a giant roach motel it may let physical objects fall in though the top, but it won't let us leave.  After all we seem to be valuable livestock to whom or whatever constructed the dome, and ranchers don't just let cattle wonder outside their fenced property.

The reflector test can easily be explained by the fact that some parts of the moon are more reflective then others.  We also have more powerful and precise lasers now then we did when MIT first did reflective tests on the moon in the 1950s.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

The reflector test can easily be explained by the fact that some parts of the moon are more reflective then others.  We also have more powerful and precise lasers now then we did when MIT first did reflective tests on the moon in the 1950s.

Not quite.  You would have to find a part of the moon that isn't just more reflective but a natural formation that acts like a retroreflector https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroreflector
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »
Oh, and here's a video detailing it if you don't like reading(who does?). 

Pay attention to the "retro" part of retroreflector.  Very important difference.

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2016, 01:27:13 AM »
There were numerous attempts to nuke the dome in "operation fishbowl" with rockets and the highest they ever got was 680 miles. Since the fake Moon landings astronauts have only been traveling within 400 miles.

I clearly said "Meteorites maybe be able to fall into it, but we can't send rockets out of the dome."  I think the dome is there mainly to trap us the inhabitants of earth. Like a giant roach motel it may let physical objects fall in though the top, but it won't let us leave.  After all we seem to be valuable livestock to whom or whatever constructed the dome, and ranchers don't just let cattle wonder outside their fenced property.

What about a little actual evidence for your claims.

Sure "You clearly said 'Meteorites maybe be able to fall into it, but we can't send rockets out of the dome.'  I think the dome is there mainly to trap us the inhabitants of earth."

You say "maybe" and "I think", but that's not any sort of evidence that "we can't send rockets out of the dome".
That's all just springs out of your conspiracy infected mind.

You reject out of hand all evidence to the contrary about satellites etc, though I suppose the ISS is Ok since it's only 200 to 400 miles up.

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
Gee, it was tough enough to imagine that the Earth was flat.  Adding to that the notion that we are all under some sort of bell jar is just too much.

Who built this bell jar?  What's it made of?  How come meteorites come in yet there's no evidence of this bell jar breaking or even chipping?  How come there's no reflection or other optic evidence of it?  Who keeps it clean and where do they get all the Windex for it?  And, most important, how come nobody has ever bumped into it, considering it ought to be in every direction if you go far enough?

Seems to me that bumping into that bell jar would incite an entirely new and thriving science and industry to analyze the substance of the bell jar, drill through it, explore beyond it, etc.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2016, 10:49:48 PM »
Apparently round earthers will believe anything if you put some folks with labcoats on around it in a scientific looking room. How gullible can you be?
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2016, 11:38:43 PM »
Apparently round earthers will believe anything if you put some folks with labcoats on around it in a scientific looking room. How gullible can you be?
Show what measurements of a round earth are incorrect.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2016, 11:59:29 PM »
I'm going down that path in another thread. People complain of the amount of evidence presented.
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

zork

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2016, 02:56:12 AM »
 They complain about getting list of arbitrary quotes from somewhere instead of evidence.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2016, 09:06:47 AM »

again, you've just made claims with no evidence

this is a debate forum, not a baseless suggestion forum, debates include reasoning and evidence

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
The following groups attempt to claim that the Earth is round:
  • The 7 countries with territorial claims on Antarctica (The alleged location of the Ice Wall)
  • The staffers of all the research bases in the Arctic
  • The top leaders of space programs of the US, the Soviet Union, and China
  • The 533 people that have allegedly orbited Earth
  • The 24 people that allegedly have gone beyond low-Earth orbit, and
  • The 12 people that allegedly set foot on the moon.

I wanted to interrupt, Only those groups??  Only 7 countries - not any others?  Only the top leaders of the space programs of three countries - none of the scientists below the top leaders, nobody in the space programs of such other countries?  Only the people who have orbited earth and nobody who stayed on earth? and so forth. 

Even so, that list posits more than a thousand people.  How many people on this forum seriously and sincerely believe that the Earth is flat?  I count about 20, maybe 30.  If we start sifting the demographics by eliminating highschool dropouts, we still have more than a thousand on one side and less than 30 on the other.

N30

• I can only show you the door.
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »
The following groups attempt to claim that the Earth is round:
  • The 7 countries with territorial claims on Antarctica (The alleged location of the Ice Wall)
  • The staffers of all the research bases in the Arctic
  • The top leaders of space programs of the US, the Soviet Union, and China
  • The 533 people that have allegedly orbited Earth
  • The 24 people that allegedly have gone beyond low-Earth orbit, and
  • The 12 people that allegedly set foot on the moon.

1. America is the only superpower in Antarctica 24/7 hours a day, non-stop, it might as well be their territory.
2. Why would they need to know the whole truth? So long as they do not cross boundaries set by the U.S...
3. Please.
4. That is a relatively small number to be kept quiet.
5. You lost me at "allegedly".
6. See number 5.

If a person was fooled into trusting a lie from birth, then they could be fooled into trusting anything.

« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2016, 01:07:08 AM »
so, when flat earthers thought Admiral Byrd supported their argument they used to quote him all the time

since I told people he blatantly repeats throughout his interview 'the continent of Antarctica', I've not heard them mention him once

people ARE allowed to Antarctica

if you want a mystery, and you've done ANY research, try looking into why the massive ice shelf is now named 'The Rockefeller Plateau'

then, do yourself a favour and search 'Andrea Barnes' to understand why the flat earth faith has made a comeback

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • All of us are versus me myself, balanced.
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
Because our government is dishonorable.
People Funded By Gates Criminal Foundation

t= 4:28